• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Meta Journey 3.0 - Art & Writing & Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Meta Journey 3.0 - Meta GO!

Spr_2s_038.png
What this is

A way for members in the Create & Discover sections to collect and train pokémon as rewards for making posts! For post links you trade in here, you will get points.

Spr_2g_034.png
How to get points

You make posts, you link to the posts, you can capture or evolve your pokémon! Remember that you can't go and dig up ooold posts. You can only use posts that were made after you signed up for the Meta Journey 3.0.

ROLEPLAY THEATRE: For 1 point, trade in links to 1 IC post (posts in RPs in Roleplay Stage) or 3 Theatre posts (posts from the main RPT board)

ART & DESIGN: For 1 point, trade in links to 1 post of you featuring art or 3 posts of any other kind from the A&D board!

FANFICTION & WRITING: For 1 point, trade in links to 1 fiction post (where you are featuring some writing of yours) or 3 posts of any other kind from FF&W and its sub-boards!​

You cannot combine different kinds of posts to scramble up 1 point. 1 point can only be formed by the right amount of posts of the same kind! Also, note that posts in threads with the Chit-Chat prefix do not count!

Spr_2g_130.png
What to do with points

First off, you will start with one pokémon partner, and you receive it by simply posting in this thread saying you want in! The species is up to you! But it has to be a pokémon that has never evolved. For example, you cannot pick Pikachu; you need to pick Pichu if you want to get a Pikachu eventually. You can pick a Zangoose however, or something else that can't evolve - as long as it has never evolved. Apart from evolved pokémon, you also cannot choose (or capture in a normal way) these pokémon:

Spoiler:

Now, you can either train (evolve) one of your pokémon, or collect more pokémon; your goal is to fill up your pokédex. You have 802 slots to fill. Get posting!

COLLECTING POKÉMON: If you trade in posts worth 1 point, you will be allowed to capture a new pokémon. Just say so here, along with the link to your posts. The encounters are randomized! You can get any kind of basic pokémon to add to your pokédex pages. There is always a small risk of you receiving a pokémon species you already own though. Be lucky!

TRAINING POKÉMON: If you trade in posts worth 1 point, you can train one of your existing pokémon into evolution! For split evo lines, you can choose which one you want.

EVENT POKÉMON: Sometimes, you might be able to trade in more posts, to use more points and get a higher chance to get certain rare and even legendary pokémon... Keep your eyes open for event times!​

Spr_2g_212.png
What to do with your pokémon

When you hit certain numbers in your pokédex count, or capture certain numbers of pokémon in total, you will be rewarded with medals!

You will also be able to use a team from your pokémon collection in events around the Create & Discover boards now and then; RPs, fic challenges, art events... There, you might be able to win badges!

Spr_2s_242.png
If anything is unclear

Don't hesitate to ask in this thread, or contact your Meta hosts, adventure, gimmepie, Nina and Bay Alexison!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
And I ish signing up with Pichu!

@anybody updating the thread in the future - pls list trainers alphabetically ahahah. I guess we can ctrl+f though... But still haha. You liked organization, didn't you gp? ;D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm in with Azurill! A suggestion for Multicerse points, though- can we have one update to your world count for one point? Because that's a lot of creation and post. :>

Reactions: ZKE
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Signing up with Oddish! How will evolution work for multi-evo Pokémon?

Nero

I like it.
Years
Ah, so much for all of those posts I was saving up in the last Meta Journey. I'm so-so on the new style, because while I like the new random capture system and that the other sections are now included, I feel like Meta Journey as a whole has been dumbed-down a fair bit. I'm not sure whether that was to put everyone together instead of being split into groups like we were, or whether it was to accommodate the other sections. Maybe it was just 'cos. I guess it never needed to be more than a place to cash in your posts, so it makes sense anyway.

My starter Pokemon will be a Cacnea, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back