• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battles that were easier than you expected

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
*Insert Staples button here* So, we have a thread for the hardest battles in the game - how about the opposite?

A recent one for me was Black Kyurem in B2. My Cofagrigus with Curse and my Watchog with Super Fang brought it down in only a few turns; I was like..."Uh, all right". Then, when I had to reset and do the battle over again (lost to Ghetsis -_-), I tried to make it more dramatic by strictly sending out my Pokemon in the order they joined my team. B-Kyurem managed to knock out my Serperior, but then Watchog immediately came in and trounced it. o_O I suspect that GF made the Kyurem battle somewhat easy on purpose, seeing as you have to fight another hard boss right after without a chance to save; but I still find it hilarious to think of Lars (the Watchog) as some sort of slayer of legends. ^_^

Another one was Whitney in SoulSilver - I was super nervous going into the battle, because I'd read volumes about how enraging she and her Miltank were. I sent out my male Vulpix against her Clefairy for some reason, he got Attracted but managed to finish the job; then I faced her Miltank with my female Meganium...aaand it was a fairly even battle ending in Meganium's victory. I actually remember finishing the battle and thinking in surprise, "that - wasn't that bad!!"

And the most recent one was Totem Raticate in Ultra Moon, only yesterday. I mean, it's only the first Totem, but still...The entire battle went like, "Go! Aries! (My recently-caught, slightly underleveled Crabrawler) Totem Raticate used Bite! Aries used Brick Break! Totem Raticate fainted!" ...Well, then. (Strangely enough, Aries actually had a bit more trouble with the Rattata leading up to the Totem.)

...So, those are mine. Any experiences like those you want to share? :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Yellow Version
Lt Surge - Defeated him easily with Diglett
Misty - Defeated her easily with Pikachu and Bulbasaur

HeartGold
Falkner - Defeated him easily with Onix
Jasmine - Defeated her Steelix easily with shiny Gyarados
Brock - Defeated him easily with Meganium
Misty - Defeated her easily with Ampharos and Meganium
Lt Surge - Defeated him easily with Quagsire
Janine - Defeated her easily with Ho-Oh

Emerald
Roxanne - Defeated her easily with Treecko
Flannery - Defeated her easily with Marill and Wingull

Black
Skyla - Defeated her easily with Zebstrika

X
Viola - Defeated her easily with Farfetch'd
Ramos - Defeated him easily with Pyroar
Wulfric - Defeated him easily with Pyroar

Moon
Totem Raticate - Defeated him easily with Trumbeak
Totem Salazzle - Defeated her easily with Brionne
Olivia - Defeated her easily with Tsareena and Brionne
Nanu - Defeated him easily
Hapu - Defeated her easily with Primarina and Tsareena
Guzma - Defeated him easily with Toucannon
Totem Kommo-o - Defeated him easily with Alolan Marowak

Last edited:

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Had plenty of easy battles in the past, but the easiest I had recently is Kalos Elite Four. It was ridiculously easy even though I had the experience share off the whole game, had battle mode on "set" and never even grinded to gain levels. I had the same 6 pokemon with me from the start, but still. They were approximately level 58 - 60 while everyone at elite four had levels 60 - 65.

This just proves how easy is X and Y even when you are at disadvantage.

Years
Y was my first pokemon game, so the Kalos elite four and champion were the first time reaching the end of the main story of a pokemon game. The logic I had going into these battles were "these are the last battle's, so they must be the hardest in the game!" But I beat all of them really easily and then beat the champion fairly quickly. I just had the right pokemon type for each of the elite four. My Blastoise took out Malva's fire pokemon, my Emolga took care of Siebold and his water types, Emolga again took care of the steel types, and Sylveon made quick work of the dragon types.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Elesa. I heard how difficult this gym was before I played black and white, and I easily beat her without needing a ground type.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Welp, as of last night, I have my most egregious example yet, from Ultra Moon...

Spoiler:

o_O Okay then...guess I don't need to buy Revives again ever?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Kalos league is no challenge as you can just swipe everything

Back