• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~NzFury

Professional Tile Inserter :P
Years
thanks for your reply.
when you said "maps corrupt" do you think that if i selected the new map option and then reinserted it back into the game , would that fix it ?

Years
Another question :P I've got the hang of using flags, and setvar to make a script happen only once... but how do I make a script (a step-on script, not a person) only do anything when a certain flag is set? I've tried putting
checkflag
0x[myflag]if 0x00 goto $stop
right at the start, after #org $script, and then putting
#org $stop
end

but it doesn't like that at all. So any ideas?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Another question :P I've got the hang of using flags, and setvar to make a script happen only once... but how do I make a script (a step-on script, not a person) only do anything when a certain flag is set? I've tried putting
checkflag
0x[myflag]if 0x00 goto $stop
right at the start, after #org $script, and then putting
#org $stop
end

but it doesn't like that at all. So any ideas?

Try putting the flag/variable in the "Var number" field and '0001' in the "Var value" field.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
"I have a feeew more questions...

1. How do I edit the Pokemon Center script that runs when you faint? Where would I be able to find it? The script I mean is the one that sends you the Pokemon Center (or whatever other healing place).

2. This one's related to the former. How do I change the location the player is sent upon fainting? Not just the map, I want to know how to change what specific tile you appear on (normally, you show up right in front of the nurse, for example, and how can you change that?)."

Not trying to spam or anything, I just kinda need the answer and I'm a bit surprised I haven't gotten one yet.

@Hi-Techneon: I do appreciate an answer... but you didn't really answer my question. XD I do know where you end up; I want to know how to change that.

Years
thanks for your reply.
when you said "maps corrupt" do you think that if i selected the new map option and then reinserted it back into the game , would that fix it ?

I'm not sure, but you can try.

"I have a feeew more questions...

1. How do I edit the Pokemon Center script that runs when you faint? Where would I be able to find it? The script I mean is the one that sends you the Pokemon Center (or whatever other healing place).

2. This one's related to the former. How do I change the location the player is sent upon fainting? Not just the map, I want to know how to change what specific tile you appear on (normally, you show up right in front of the nurse, for example, and how can you change that?)."

Not trying to spam or anything, I just kinda need the answer and I'm a bit surprised I haven't gotten one yet.

@Hi-Techneon: I do appreciate an answer... but you didn't really answer my question. XD I do know where you end up; I want to know how to change that.

There's some kind of command for it called 'sethealingplace' if I'm right.

G33K

The guy you will someday work
Years
i am hacking pokemon ruby and i understand how to script and all, but my friend told me that the script command screenflash makes the screen have a bright flash, and i was wondering if anyone knew if this was true.

Version Five

Restarted entire hack. :(
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2014
I have a question, I'm currently trying to make my own hack, Pokemon Amber, but I'm having issues editing the text, because when I download Advanced Text it says this: "Components 'comctl32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly regestired: a file is missing or invalid" I've tried downloading the file from assentive.com, but all that happens is I get redirected to a page with just a bunch of coding, and no download box appears. Any help?

Or, is there any other text editors I can use?

Bela

Banned
Years
Reposting my question. I really need this :\
Why not just use an invisible sprite to fulfill the same purpose as a sign, but be able to have the player locked?

My question: So I made my own fabulous set of badges for my hack and tried inserting them using Unlz-GBA and did so, but not before having to repoint the offset of the image for the badges. Now when I try to view the Trainer card in-game, I get a black screen. Is there a way to edit badges so that they are actually viewable? I also don't really understand why Unlz-GBA required me to repoint the image anyway, as it was actually smaller byte-wise than the original image, according to the information given to me by viewing each individual PNG file in Properties.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
i am hacking pokemon ruby and i understand how to script and all, but my friend told me that the script command screenflash makes the screen have a bright flash, and i was wondering if anyone knew if this was true.

I don't know of such a command but I believe that 'fadescreen 0x0' will make a blinking/flashing effect.

Years
In Pokescript, when using the wildbattle and trainerbattle commands, is there a way to specifically define the music played during the battle?

Also, how would I change what music is played by default during a normal wild battle (without moving the songs to different values in Sappy etc.)?

Years
In Pokescript, when using the wildbattle and trainerbattle commands, is there a way to specifically define the music played during the battle?

Also, how would I change what music is played by default during a normal wild battle (without moving the songs to different values in Sappy etc.)?

In trainerbattles, the music played depends on the Trainer Title for example Magma Leader, Youngster, etc.

I don't know how to edit the wild battle music, but it's probably possible using ASM.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Why not just use an invisible sprite to fulfill the same purpose as a sign, but be able to have the player locked?

My question: So I made my own fabulous set of badges for my hack and tried inserting them using Unlz-GBA and did so, but not before having to repoint the offset of the image for the badges. Now when I try to view the Trainer card in-game, I get a black screen. Is there a way to edit badges so that they are actually viewable? I also don't really understand why Unlz-GBA required me to repoint the image anyway, as it was actually smaller byte-wise than the original image, according to the information given to me by viewing each individual PNG file in Properties.

Be sure you made it the same size as before. Also, if it doesn't repoint at first, re insert it, keeping not of the new and old offset, and go into a hex editor and look for a pointer of the old one, and replace it with the new one.

Years
In trainerbattles, the music played depends on the Trainer Title for example Magma Leader, Youngster, etc.

I don't know how to edit the wild battle music, but it's probably possible using ASM.

So, would there be a way to change the music played for a certain Trainer Title?

Years
So, would there be a way to change the music played for a certain Trainer Title?

You could swap Trainer Titles, for example if you want to make the Champion play the Team Leader theme and vice-versa, you could rename 'Champion' to 'Team Leader' and vice-versa, as the game doesn't read the title but the offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back