Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
21 posts
3.5 Years
Hi everyone! I just uploaded a series of Pokemon DS rom hacking tutorial vids and wanted to post them here in case they help anyone out. They are definitely not high level stuff, mostly a showcase of how to use tools like Tinke, Kiwi, PokeDS/Pic, DS Text Editor, and PPRE for trainer team editing. So more of a "rom hacking for dummies" kind of guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lakp5ZRN7rE&list=PLKTW2ZuQjbEEVYHhxRZF9N8v_9AUneJq1

Topics Discussed:

Pt 1: Overworld Sprites (including the elusive HM summon sprite)
Pt 2: Trainer Front/Back sprites and VS faces before a gym battle
Pt 3: Pokemon Sprites
Pt 3.5: Advance Pokemon Edits
Pt 3.75: Gen IV Sprite Editor
Pt 4: Text Editing (OLD WAY)
Pt 4.5: Text Editing 2 (BETTER WAY)
Pt 5: Opening, Intro, Ending locations
Pt 6: Enemy Trainer Pokemon Teams
Pt 7: Pokemon Icons
Pt 7.5: Pokemon Icon Pallets
Pt 8: How to use Photoshop and Graphic Gale
Pt 9: Diamond/Pearl Battle Sprites
Pt 10: Trainer Cards (Both Gen 4 and 5)
Pt 11: HG SS Pokemon Follow Overworld Sprites
Pt 12: 3D BMD0 Overworld Cutscene Trainer Sprites
Pt 13: Pokemon Cries to Pretty Much Anything
Pt 14: Quick Color Changes with Console Tool

If you have any questions, leaving a youtube comment would be a much faster way to reach me.

Disturbed

Age 26
Seen October 21st, 2019
Posted August 29th, 2019
1,914 posts
12.2 Years
I'm not planning on hacking gen 4 at all any time soon, but I will say, I appreciate what you're doing for those who are interested in dipping their feet in gen 4.
Nice work : )
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
21 posts
3.5 Years
Even though I'm not interested in rom hacking gen 4 right now these are pretty helpful and informative, thanks for making them.

If you would make a gen 5 BW2 tutorial you would be my hero.
Thanks! I do only have experience with Platiunim and a little bit of HG SS, but from what i understand these techniques should be similar to Black and White. The main headache is just figuring out where all the files are located

Mariow2

Male
Wales, UK
Seen November 2nd, 2019
Posted November 2nd, 2019
91 posts
3.5 Years
I posted something on this some months back… Is finally happening! Sir, you have made my day.
A Pokemon that is discriminated!
Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite. Maybe it could be added to the Pokémon Orphanage.

Name: Lilley
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage