PB

creation hero

Non-binary
Kansas, Texas
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
93 posts
1.8 Years
With the release of Pokemon 2019, the catch roster has seemed especially unpredictable!
Like the previous thread,

Use this thread to discuss Ash and Co's captures, and characters' potential teams throughout the series. Try to explain why you think a character may have this Pokemon/may catch it in the future, etc. However, please source official news.
However, don't feel obligated to site official news or sources if you are speculating! But in the event that you are claiming something is confirmed, please remember to do so.
paired to LynxCREDIT

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,946 posts
11.5 Years
*cracks knuckles* new thread, new interesting speculations.

Been hearing speculation about Goh capturing a Sobble. Tbh, I've been wondering for awhile if any of the other Galar starters would be caught by Ash or Goh. Hopefully soon. I've heard speculation thrown around about both Ash and Goh possibly catching Sobble, though, so Idk who I'd rather catch it, tbh. Ash usually at least gets one starter Pokemon in each series, so it's bound to either be Grookey or Sobble eventually, right?
Theme: Osamu Dazai (Bungo to Alchemist)
Pair: Drew

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
5,120 posts
10.3 Years
Ooo new thread... We have kinda needed one for a while.

But yeah, right now there is a lot of back and forth if Ash will get Grooky or Sobble. A lot of people don't want Ash to catch Sobble, but there are some who are bashing others who don't think Sobble will be caught by Ash.

All this has streamed from 2 I guess Corocoro scans, one showing Ash catching it and one seemingly showing Goh getting it. As well as Ash catching a Galarian Farfetch'd and Goh catching a normal Farfetch'd. However, none of these are confirmed. I will see if I can find the two scans though.

As for Galar Fartech'd, I think it is the perfect pokemon for Ash. To evolve in game, you have to get 3 Critical Strikes and I just think that matches Ash insanely well. Plus it is probably the most popular Galarian Form because of Sirfetch'd.

Spoiler:

This one seemingly confirms Sobble is Ash because it says introducing Ash's Pokemon, however, it doesn't really confirm anything because it is in a different window. Honestly, I hope he doesn't just so the people who are bashing others become disheartened. I just don't think they would give Ash Sobble because it isn't that popular and doesn't really match Ash. Not to mention he hasn't had a grass type that has evolved in a while.

Spoiler:

Next, this is the more recently one that seemingly shows Goh with Sobble and Farfetch'd and Ash with Galarian Farfetch'd. I find this one more reasonable confirming what they catch.

Not only that, but Goh has already caught a Farfetch'd.

All and all, I'd prefer Chloe catching Sobble. I think Grookey matches Ash better because he normally gets the monkey pokemon. It is also possible that Ash gets both.

PB

creation hero

Non-binary
Kansas, Texas
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
93 posts
1.8 Years
Spoiler:
Sobble
definitelyyyyy looks like it’s going to Ash imo!! Very excited for the relationship they might have if so, kinda cheering it on when it’s down or encouraging it.
paired to LynxCREDIT

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
5,120 posts
10.3 Years
With something being confirmed, here are my new thoughts.

Spoiler:
So with it now being confirmed that Ash caught Galarian Farfetch'd in the latest episode, I think Gou will get Sobble not to mention it seemingly shows Goh getting Sobble in the new preview.

Goh giving Chloe Sobble in the future is a far better scenario then trading it to Ash. I am not sure why people are so stuck on Ash getting it when Chloe will eventually, probably, become a larger character and need more pokemon.

Also, someone said they saw a Haxorus running with Gengar and a Lucario in a Japanese Opening Theme, but I have yet to see this in any of the Japanese openings so far, so I am not sure how true this is or if he saw something else. However, if it is true, that means Ash might catch a Haxorus.

Edit: Going back to the Haxorus, the person who spoke about it posted a very fan made video not from the official channel. He thinks it is official, but almost nothing to go on. Plus it had a Scorbunny, Gengar and Lucario which is a major red flag given his first catch was Dragonite, so I would not put any type of faith in him catching Haxorus currently.

BH

Canine pokemon fan

Age 35
Non-binary
Poland
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,050 posts
15.3 Years
So i was just watching the episode in the indigo saga where he wanted the catch the specie of today's capture

So yeah Ash getting an
Spoiler:
Eevee
is closer to reality

(Sorry for my english)
Name - Bartek

Pokemon hacks i support

Red DX, Brown, Glazed, Gold Christmas, Prism (crystal), Polished crystal, Rijon Adventures, Delta Emerald (Both authors), Ashgray, Venotide

PB

creation hero

Non-binary
Kansas, Texas
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
93 posts
1.8 Years
ooooooh soo Ash now has a Galarian
Spoiler:
Farfetch’d
!! Personally excited towards this catch, what do y’all think?
paired to LynxCREDIT

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,946 posts
11.5 Years
Spoiler:
I'm glad that Ash got a Galarian form Pokemon since he never got any Alolan form Pokemon last generation. Although, I honestly wonder how it's gonna evolve in the anime, since critical hits don't exist there, right? I can't imagine his Galarian Farfetch'd staying that way forever, since all his current Pokemon are pretty powerful. We'll see though.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
5,120 posts
10.3 Years
ooooooh soo Ash now has a Galarian
Spoiler:
Farfetch’d
!! Personally excited towards this catch, what do y’all think?
Spoiler:

It is probably one of the most wanted Pokemon I wanted Ash to catch because it is so Ashy. I don't mind him catching Sobble now, as long as he keeps his Farfetch'd.

As for how it will evolve, my guess is that it he will just have to battle a lot and maybe knock three pokemon out in a single battle.

According to Sirfetch'd Entry, 'Only Farfetch'd that have survived many battles can attain this evolution. When this Pokémon's leek withers, it will retire from combat.' It just has to be in a lot of battles. It doesn't really say anything about critical hits.

Note of a certain pokemon:
Spoiler:
The problem with Ash catching Sobble is that people are... very sensitive, especially in these times we are in. I don't think they would be able to evolve Sobble without the risk of episodes it is in getting banned, especially in the USA because of the use of a sniper rifle in a child's show. That is one big reason I don't want Ash to catch it, as it will likely never be able to evolve.

Or if it does, episodes with it using its special may be banned or never be able to use it.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,946 posts
11.5 Years
Spoiler:
Sobble has been caught by Go. How are we all feeling about that? I'm okay with it, but I hope Ash gets Grookey. Him not getting at least one of the starters would feel very, very weird to me. I'm gonna assume that Sobble will be another Pokemon that'll always travel with Go, so we're definitely going to see a lot of it. I hope, anyway? I know Go has a lot of Pokemon, so you never know which ones are going to join him in his travels these days.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
5,120 posts
10.3 Years
I think right now it is really hard to say if he will forget his previous pokemon or not. He isn't going to be able to beat the Champions, and I assume he would have to beat every single champion, with his current team.

He has only had 1 match that I am aware of and he nearly lost. If they want to make this the best series possible, I think they need to bring in some of his older pokemon, similar to how the Battle Frontier was handled as well as Sinnoh League.

BH

Canine pokemon fan

Age 35
Non-binary
Poland
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
1,050 posts
15.3 Years
Spoiler:
The episode title of 1124 says that someone cauth an pikachu! Could it be Go? Or maybe Ash wants to have an Pichu and having his Pikachu get laid? We'll see
Name - Bartek

Pokemon hacks i support

Red DX, Brown, Glazed, Gold Christmas, Prism (crystal), Polished crystal, Rijon Adventures, Delta Emerald (Both authors), Ashgray, Venotide