Proposal Smogon Pet Mods Article

Started by Petuuuhhh June 28th, 2020 5:12 PM
  • 9 replies
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
28 posts
121 Days
Hi! I've been in the Smogon Pet Mod community for a while, running 2 separate Pet Mods. I would like to write an article on what it's like in the community. Things like, what each Pet Mod brings to the table, what it's like to run one, whether or not it's worth it with limited teambuilder/search support, not on main (or in the case of Pet Mod of the Season, on main, but nobody plays), etc.

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
15,809 posts
12.4 Years
Hi! I've been in the Smogon Pet Mod community for a while, running 2 separate Pet Mods. I would like to write an article on what it's like in the community. Things like, what each Pet Mod brings to the table, what it's like to run one, whether or not it's worth it with limited teambuilder/search support, not on main (or in the case of Pet Mod of the Season, on main, but nobody plays), etc.
Apologies for the delay in responding.

I admit I don't know much about smogon, let along pet mods. For my understanding's sake, can you please give an example of one of those mods, how it works, etc?

colours

Female
the dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
6,480 posts
15.3 Years
i admit that i am only vaguely familiar with pet mods, but from the best of my understanding they can be summed up as "personal metagames". whereas things like balanced hackmons, monotype, 1v1 etc, still have some sort of structure, pet mods are personal metagames from people who kind of want to create their own metagames with whatever rules they want with whatever structure they want to set in place. assuming i understood that right.

if so, this would seem to be an interesting article worth reading o:

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
15,809 posts
12.4 Years
Yeah, after getting the explanation from colours, I'd be interested. Nonetheless, would like to hear a little more about them first before giving approval.

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
15,809 posts
12.4 Years
Quote notification - please see earlier posts asking for elaboration!
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
28 posts
121 Days
okay so I don't really have the inspiration to do an entire article on my experience, but I do wanna chronicle the ccapm (community create-a-pet-mod) as a way to gauge the pet mod community. see the attachments for screenshots
it's currently going on, will chronicle when we finish over the weekend

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
15,809 posts
12.4 Years
okay so I don't really have the inspiration to do an entire article on my experience, but I do wanna chronicle the ccapm (community create-a-pet-mod) as a way to gauge the pet mod community. see the attachments for screenshots
it's currently going on, will chronicle when we finish over the weekend
How do you plan to chronicle it in article form then? I suppose you'd need an intro on what it is, before diving into that. Would you also just talk about your own experiences, or other people's who participated?
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
28 posts
121 Days
How do you plan to chronicle it in article form then? I suppose you'd need an intro on what it is, before diving into that. Would you also just talk about your own experiences, or other people's who participated?
Yes, I'll talk about when I was there during the "making up abilities" phase. But it's still going on, so I can't start, yet