• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with these sprites.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
This is my first free hand sprite, so it looks terrible.
If you want to edit it feel free.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
These are my first two sprites from scratch, any suggestions.

Attachments

• Greeno Sprite.png
    Greeno Sprite.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Magnite sprite.png
    Magnite sprite.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 8
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Please keep in mind that you can edit posts. Generally speaking, if it's been within two days, you should avoid double posting. Also be aware that you need to post your actual art here, not link it to an outside source.

Years
The biggest problems i see right now is that your colors are a bit oversaturated right now (try picking some less saturated colors. Looks at other sprites and study what colors they are picking, you can just look what they use and try using the same)
Also try adding additional darker/lighter colors to add some shading.

Don't be discouraged if it doesn't look good from the start, it is normal that it takes really long to become good at art. You just need to stay motivated and keep practicing. Also doing tutorials helps a lot. Here is some to get started: https://lospec.com/pixel-art-where-to-start

Back