• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've considered doing this! I did a fun variation where I had a single male sim knock up almost every female in a single save. It was a ton of fun.

There was this one expansion pack where you actually get to go to the hospital to watch your sim have a baby and you get a birth certificate after the baby's birth. I believe it was Get To Work? I need to check with a youtuber I follow. I really want that one.

Other than that, no expansion packs. I've been waiting for a sale.

Years
There was this one expansion pack where you actually get to go to the hospital to watch your sim have a baby and you get a birth certificate after the baby's birth. I believe it was Get To Work? I need to check with a youtuber I follow. I really want that one.

Other than that, no expansion packs. I've been waiting for a sale.

That's Get To Work. It was the first expansion. It's ok, and introduces aliens... but it has a few glitches. I recommend getting it, but I recommend getting seasons first. It really adds the best as far as gameplay goes imo.

Years
Sims 3 was the pinnacle of this franchise for me. I could never go back to not having an open world and it always ran so much smoother than Sims 2 did. Sims 4 has no appeal for me.

I always liked to start it off normal and then let the madness begin with many supernatural or general crazy elements involved.

An easy and fun trick to burn sims to death in the Supernatural EP is, playing as a witch sim, not to choose to burn the victim sim but the ground directly underneath them which then automatically triggers the burning to death flames on the sim.

Last edited:

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
Sims 4 is a good game, for computers. on Xbox and ima guess playstation is a pain to manage, with sims 3 i could actually read the text on the screen without having to get my face close to the television. They should have just adjusted the game to work better for consoles imo. Fun game and all, but having to move my face closer to the screen just to read something is a pain and makes me not wanna play it. I like the curser from sims 3, they should have done that again in sims 4 for consoles.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Has anyone picked up the new expansion? If so, how do you like it?

Years
Has anyone picked up the new expansion? If so, how do you like it?
I haven't yet, but I'm about to buy it in a bit! Will let you know.
It looks pretty dang neat tho!!

I have not gotten any expansions,but what expansion is this?
The latest expansion is Get Famous :)

ALSO for those who want to get expansions, Origin is having a sale on Sim 4 games:
The Sims 4 Base Game ? 60% off
The Sims 4 Expansion Packs ? 50% off (Get Famous excluded)
The Sims 4 Game Packs ? 20% off
The Sims 4 Bundles ? 20% off

OH AND The Sims 3 + all its expansions are a part of the Steam Fall sale at $5 a piece

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm disappointed that all Sims 3 stuff is the same price

I need to choose one EP to buy for it right now
All of them.

But...alright, so lemme give you a quick rundown- in reverse order of release:

Into the Future - Unexpectedly the best one, which was really odd considering the expansions that segment content off to some other world are usually YMMV, but I was legitimately blown away with all the ideas they had for this one. The "choices in the past can affect the future" idea was especially cool. It's the last TS3 expac and honestly the one I'd...not recommend the most but definitely heavily recommend. It's hard to give it the huge thumbs up when it doesn't add as much to the main game as some others do.

Island Paradise and University Life - Uh...alright, so after...either Supernatural or Seasons I'd taken a break from the Sims, and when I came back it was after ItF came out. I had about 3-4 exps to taste but weirdly I don't remember using these much, which is a shame because they were supposedly pretty good packs. The traits were a nice addition and I did use those as well as some of the added careers but overall I just didn't live by the sea usually and didn't have any college-bound sims in the Legacy I played, which was a bit of a shame because I spent a lot of time in College back in The Sims 2 University. But yeah, if you don't generally live by the sea and don't want to, Island Paradise doesn't really add much to keep the average player invested (though the resort system, which I've only heard about, would probably have eaten most of my time if I'd tried it out since I looooooooooooooooooved The Sims 2: Open for Business) and if you're not interested in sending sims to college it doesn't either, though if I had to recommend one I'd probably say the Island if only because it can be utilized whenever and doesn't really require commitment. But again, both are solid packs.

Seasons - I was never as big a fan of the Seasons packs in the Sims as some people but it's the one that the majority of the fanbase looks forward to with bright eyes. It made sense with this one since it even added Holidays, and even more, Seasons is kind of one of those expansions that affects the game fundamentally in a way that makes it almost essential. It adds a lot of interactions and things to do, and while I wouldn't personally put it in my top 3, it's definitely up there as one of the best and certainly among the most essential.

Supernatural - And then there's the dark timeline. Look, Supernatural...exists. It's not remembered well, mainly because it wasn't really necessary, and it's...just...I mean. It adds a bunch of different sub-types for characters (Vampire, Witch, Werewolf, Zombie, Fairy) and each subtype has different characteristics and interactions. If you've been really pining for that, this is for you, other than that though if you're going for all of them I would recommend just waiting until you're collecting your last few expacs to get this one. It adds flavor to the game but not one that's really all that substantial.

Showtime - The Get Famous/Superstar of this game, though the fame mechanic was added in Late Night so...like those but without the fame mechanic. This one honestly wasn't that good and even remembering it, I don't have much to say about it. It adds some new careers, allows you to play at venues...if you don't have Late Night it really is even more lackluster. Honestly looking back I'd probably say this one was worse than Supernatural because at least the sub-types were fairly interesting in that, I struggled to find things to do with Showtime. Nice to have if you do but I wouldn't recommend it.

Pets - The best Pets expansion The Sims has ever produced and the most essential expac bar none. None. I'm not even that big of a pet guy but good god do they do some fun things with this game. While in the past it would add only a few pets, with The Sims 2 adding simply cats and dogs and that was just kind of the expectation, The Sims 3 decided to take advantage of its open world and add wild creatures. Granted, you can only own and control cats, dogs, and...horses, interestingly, but in the world you could also find deer, raccoons, lizards. Some you can collect and put in cages and name (my legacy family had a bird and a pet turtle, the former of which are cat really clung onto). The customization of the pets is fun and a lot better than it was in the past, walking around your existing neighborhood and just trying to find all these different animals or befriending and adopting dogs and cats and stuff like that, like...I dunno, that added more flavor to the world than any other expac in my eyes. There was more added, of course, but I'll just say that it's definitely worth it if you don't already have it, it's just a lot of fun, really makes the world feel alive.

Generations - ...Y'know, this one should've been good for me but I actually wasn't much of a fan. Granted, the addition of memories was cool and actually being able to have birthday and wedding parties like back in the other games was...

...Alright, okay, I say consider this one. Its whole purpose was to give life stages more to do and more interactions in between each other and while personally I think it met that goal with mixed success, in the long run it does add some pretty important stuff. Some of it is kind of intrusive though.

Aaaaand I've gotta go. I'll write up the last three when I get back since I have the most to say about those and there are stipulations to go with them, but for now I hope this helps!

Years
i bought the latest expansion pack, but i've had no motivation to play @_@ i think it's because I demolished my legacy's home, and began working on a new one, and I've got builder's block. :{

Years
Honestly, i used to play Sims a lot more, they we're amazing games though! Sims 2 was the best one for me, SIms 3 was also the nice one, SIms 4 is nothing but newly messed up stuff, removing all sort of things that Sims 3 lovers still play it.

I finally gave it up playing Sims after all these years as lot of new games made it are becoming more boring and boring, even goes as far as making Sims 4 bad while SIms 3 and SIms 2 are the still the king of this game up to this day.

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'll probably end up looking at some videos and see if I really want it. I still don't have Get Famous yet because #thestruggleisreal

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Yeah it's nuts, but I feel like it'll be a more interactive experience, at least I think? I'm pretty confused about what this... is, lol. But I'm all for more random events and weird things happening, hopefully you can see them unfold and it's not just a little text box with stuff like "oh your Sim is exploring this dangerous jungle now" or "your Sim just got abducted by aliens" etc

Meanwhile, my friends and I started a new household where we created ourselves, made ridiculous mansions in Newcrest and take turns fucking around with our little town. We built our own community in the empty space (first time I've actually used Newcrest), made our own "mall", downloaded a cool nightclub, cafe and other misc. venues (I bought an ice cream parlour) and it's been so much fun! I think we left the game on for a full 48 hours, hooked it up to her tv and took turns playing/watching the mayhem unfold.

Years

Y'ALL I'm really hyped for this expansion! I've watched a video or two from TheSimSupply, and it looks like it'll feature really neat new build/buy items. :fufu:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
hfjahlsdkj this raft

uQKgQ7JyoWgoe6HgoV7KVo-650-80.jpg

It's from this article with a bunch of info from someone who has early access to the expansion, entertaining read and it sounds like there are going to be a ton of new stuff to do here, so I am excited as well!

https://www.pcgamer.com/i-ate-grill...nder-a-waterfall-in-the-sims-4-island-living/

So this island will be a "world" like Windenburg and Brindleton etc, right? Since you can build your home on it and all - I'm hoping it's not just going to be a vacation spot and you can actually live there, which looks to be the case.

Years
omg??? I've not seen that! I love it! It's so cute. Yeah, I believe they confirmed it's an actual world like Windenburg/etc. I'm not sure I'll have my Sims move there (I've only just recently had my legacy migrate from the island on Windenburg to Brindleton Bay, actually) but I think we'll at least visit. :thonk:

Years
After going down a rabbit hole of youtube simmers doing all these challenges on Sims 4, plus this new expansion pack adding mermaids and a pack highly likely to be bringing witches back for autumn...and AND everything being on sale I actually caved and bought it plus 1 expansion and 2 game packs (Get to Work, Vampires and Strangerville...the weird ones haha).

Island Living looks amazing actually and not just for the mermaids, the buy/build and CAS options have so much. EA in a being generous with content shocker.

Currently playing the Goth household. Bella is now a vampire and I starved Mortimer to death. Moved the Grim Reaper in too as he seems like a fitting match for Bella. Not sure what to do with the kids, might as well keep them as food for Bella.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
island living looks cute but not exactly my type of pack, it's actually the first EP for TS4 i'll be giving a miss. i'm just holding out on the inevitable university EP which i'm hoping comes later this year during the holiday season!

Back