• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon (Old) White

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2012
Glitch

Allright, after playing through I found this.

When you are in the forest fighting Team Aqua for the first time. Once you get to the end and have a double battle with the 2nd in command, If you only own 1 pokemon at the time, then it put's that 1 pokemon out twice.
(Example for me: I have toadidile so it sent out 2 lvl 17 toadidiles.) Then, when he got one of them down to 2/48 HP I tried to use a potion and it said I had no pokemon and when I went back to the battle both my pokemon were gone and There HP was both at 0. That is where one of the enemy attacked and made the game freeze. [I would love it if you could fix this.] More glitches if I find them...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Allright, after playing through I found this.

When you are in the forest fighting Team Aqua for the first time. Once you get to the end and have a double battle with the 2nd in command, If you only own 1 pokemon at the time, then it put's that 1 pokemon out twice.
(Example for me: I have toadidile so it sent out 2 lvl 17 toadidiles.) Then, when he got one of them down to 2/48 HP I tried to use a potion and it said I had no pokemon and when I went back to the battle both my pokemon were gone and There HP was both at 0. That is where one of the enemy attacked and made the game freeze. [I would love it if you could fix this.] More glitches if I find them...
If I can say something about it.
This is unfortunately bug of Fire Red.
When ya make double battle and trainer does NOT have 2 battle-able pokemon this will happen.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
I was wondering, what about the problem of pokemon that evolve through trade? Is there a way of getting around that without using hax?

Last edited:

KennethXEcker

Consistently Average TCG Player Since '08
Years
Man, I am really impressed with everybody who makes hacks on this site. I've played many hacks already, and they all are very professional looking :)

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
I took some time to play this hack and I have to say:
The scripting is amazing,
The mapping is awesome,
The storyline is fantastic.

I really can't wait for the new white version. I have a feeling it will blow us all away. ;)

It's comments like that that really make me want to work on this game again. :)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
So one question.
Are you going to work on it again?
Well, I don't know. Maybe we have to give him comments like that. ;)

But seriously, everything in this game is professionally done. It's one of those games that you'll play over and over again and try to uncover new secrets once you've beaten it. The scripts are great, the sprites are great, etc.

I really can't wait to see a "Pokémon (New) White" thread, because everything will be renewed and looked 10x better than it does now. Well, at least I hope it does. Good luck. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2009
Please keep working on it! I love this Hack! Its the Most amazing pokemon hack ever!!! I love it!!!!! :D

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
Years
this looks.... amazing.
not even joking you should finish it and if it is good job.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
You do know that foullump isn't working on this anymore right?

Anyways, this would've turned out to be an epic hack. I hope you resume this one day...

CdubFosho

Pokemon Adventure breeder
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 25, 2009
hey guys just want to make sure im doing things right, i ecstracted a copy of red into the pokemon white folder ( i have used this version of red for many other patches) and then i use lunar ips and patch it, when i open no$ gba i get a bad header and the game doesnt fully load, after the game freak info goes away the screen stays black, am i doing something wrong i is this patch not good with no$. lunarips. or any other ideas ? thanks

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hey guys just want to make sure im doing things right, i ecstracted a copy of red into the pokemon white folder ( i have used this version of red for many other patches) and then i use lunar ips and patch it, when i open no$ gba i get a bad header and the game doesnt fully load, after the game freak info goes away the screen stays black, am i doing something wrong i is this patch not good with no$. lunarips. or any other ideas ? thanks
Use VBA instead of No$GBA

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2010
this game always makes me feel like its worthwhile to play.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Where in steel city does the Alpha end? Is it where the police officers block you?

Ashachu

The evolved form of Ash!
Years
Is this really Generation III?

I cant believe, it, after checking ALL the pictures, you've edited ALL the sprites, from bottom to top!

It looks like Generation IV, but im gonna test out if its true.

You have been really great editing the sprites!

Unfortenaly, i cant find Mr. Fur.

Also, in the upper floor in the library, you can see several sprites which is everywhere.

Last edited:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
Years
Yeah, it's gen 3. You should know that from the fact that you PATCH IT TO A 3RD GEN GAME! Wow, some people...

Oh, and good job on the hack. I played it a LOOOOOONG while ago, and it was... interesting. And giving the Abras hidden power was cool. (unfortunately, my Geodude was poisoned, and the rest of the team had an Electric weak, so when I found one with a good HP... yeah.)

Back