• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Twice isn't enough to say that they always do it. As far as Eevee's Evolutions go, originally they were done in threes, then two sets of 2. Them doing only 1 this time doesn't mean much. There is no pattern with Eevee's Evolution. All current marketing on Sylveon says its the only one this time. The Movie staring Sylveon said that "All eevee's evolutions are included." There are only 8 evolutions in the movie.

Gamefreak has admitted that they follow no patterns. Everything up to now is pure coincidence. So there is a high chance no more eevee evolutions for gen 6.

Dunsparce I hope gets a Dragon Evolution. Its roughly based on a basilisk which in mythilogical standards is a cousin to dragons.

Another Basilisk would be cool (Giratina and Serperior are based on or at least have traits of Basilisks). However I think Dunsparce will evolve into a flying Dragon...maybe give it two stages one where it gains flying and another where it replaces Normal with dragon.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Another Basilisk would be cool (Giratina and Serperior are based on or at least have traits of Basilisks). However I think Dunsparce will evolve into a flying Dragon...maybe give it two stages one where it gains flying and another where it replaces Normal with dragon.

Im not really sure that Dunsparce will get an evolution since GameFreak haven't touched it for ages tho. :/

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Dunsparce for fairy! Who's with me?
Aside from that, I'd really like to see more pre-evos or evolutions from one-staged Pokémon like Sableye and Tropius; I feel that they were 'unfinished'. Also, wouldn't it be cool if there was a baby Kangaskhan? I mean, the baby just sits on the mothers lap, so how can a mother Kangaskhan give birth to a... mother Kangaskhan?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Browsing Tumblr...come across many Snorlax related images....wish we'd get a Snorlax Evolution this generation just cause.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I agree with Xander, I've also found myself wishing for a Snorlax evolution...

What really "needs" an evolution is Chimecho...a Psychic/Steel or Psychic/Fairy seems possible for a final evolution typing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
i think snorlax is just fine. He doesn't need an evolution imo. He already has good overall bst. Jynx needs an EVO.

I've said this possibly a thousand times. We do not NEED any evolutions. Nothing is needed. To need something means its of great importance or a cannot live without type of requirement. Evolving past Pokemon is not a Need. It will never be a need. It is a WANT.

Jynx does not need an Evolution. You WANT Jynx to evolve. Plain, simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

I happen to WANT Snorlax to evolve just as you WANT Jynx to Evolve. Just as others WANT Dunsparce to evolve, or Sableye, or Mawile, or another Eevee Evolution, or a split evolution from Scyther, or...everything else that has been posted. Nothing in this thread is a NEED. Its a WANT. We will live on without them getting evolutions. Its not a life threatening change nor is it something someone will die over if it happens or does not happen. Its a whimsical request based on personal opinion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Why would you want Snorlax to evolve even though it's already a good Pokemon to use in battle? Are you implying a split evolution, because if not, then Evolite Snorlax will be broken as heck (just look at Duskclops and Chansey).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Why would you want Snorlax to evolve even though it's already a good Pokemon to use in battle? Are you implying a split evolution, because if not, then Evolite Snorlax will be broken as heck (just look at Duskclops and Chansey).

No. I like Snorlax. I just want it to evolve. Nothing has to do with how they are competatively. That's hardly ever a reason why any evolve. You have some that are already great battlers that evolve. So competative play has never been an issue with it.

I just want a Snorlax evolution. You don't need anything more than a want. I can want anything to evolve if I like it enough. So, I like Snorlax. I want Snorlax to have an evolution because I like it. That is the only reason I need to have to want it to evolve.

I also doubt Gamefreak will even consider Eviolite when evolving Pokemon. They just don't care enough about that and it isn't that big of a factor. When they concern themselves with evolution all they think about is the Pokemon they are evolving and how they want to evolve it. They don't go too far into anything when evolving.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
We already have a Sawsbuck evolution. Xerneas! lol just kidding but I'd think if there were to be a Sawsbuck evo it would have a pre-evolution instead and have a little baby deer :P

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Does anyone else think that Alomomola should have been Luvdisc's evolution? Like really, It really needs one.

Last edited:
Back