The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
The Time Warp Challenge

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old June 24th, 2018 (8:44 PM). Edited June 25th, 2018 by CodeHelmet.
Just your average Spaceball

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    The rule applies to Gyms, evil teams and Elite 4 and pretty much any important battles.
    Sounds fair then, although leading with Pikachu against some of the Gym Leaders is going to be difficult, if not outright suicide in Giovanni’s case lol. Even against Blue I’m going to have to instantly swap to a Flying Type to avoid getting OHKO’d from his Sandslash.

I’ll edit in my Jurassic Jam result tomorrow. I’m extremely tired right now and Lt.Surge was quite a challenge for a change(Thunderbolt is really nasty when you don’t have a Ground Type).

*Edit*

So as promised, my challenge result was a success but not without some bumps or challenges. Brock was easy as expected thanks to Butterfree but Misty continues to hold her claim as to the most annoying and frankly lucky Gym Leader in Kanto. I managed to defeat her Staryu after putting it asleep five times with Sleep Powder(only for it to wake up the following turn 3 times...) but before I could knock it out with Confusion, it landed a critical Water Gun that did some damage. Her Starmie continued her lucky streak by avoiding going to Sleep and landing a critical Bubblebeam to KO my Butterfree. With Charmander and Paras as my remaining options, I sent out Paras and paralyzed her Starmie after she raised its Defense with Harden. I then took advantage of its Psychic Typing by using Leech Life(which gains STAB) but I took several Bubblebeam hits, including one that was critical. Fortunately I was able to defeat her Ace. It wasn’t just Misty that gave me issues but Lt.Surge as well since without a Ground Type Pokemon, Thunderbolt is really nasty. I opened with Charmander but nearly got OHKO’d from Thunderbolt. I responded with Ember that did minor damage but I got extremely lucky by getting a Burn on Raichu. Charmander fell the next round to a 2nd Thunderbolt but thanks to the Burn, his Physical moves are basically cut in half. I then sent out Paras because Butterfree’s Typing made it suicide and I managed to whittle him down to virtually nothing but fell to a Thunderbolt. I had no choice but to send out Butterfree and I finished him off with Confusion(I was so close to losing). Erika fortunately wasn’t as difficult as I had Butterfree, Charmander and Paras at my disposal for her Grass Types.

After getting my Dratini and doing some serious training, I wiped the floor with Koga thanks to Charizard(Flamethrower + Bugs = victory). I did my first Dragonair vs Sabrina match(yeah surprising I know) where I basically won 3-0 with Thunder Wave and Hyper Beam. Blaine lost to Aerodactyl handedly(need to use Rock Pokemon more often) and I used a combination of Blastoise, Butterfree and Charizard to beat Giovanni.

Elite Four was where it got interesting. Lorelei was the hardest due to me having four Flying Type Pokemon, including my Dragonite who had a x4 weakness. Only Pokemon who resisted her was Blastoise but I was saving him for later, hence I opted to go with Aerodactly since Rock shreds Ice. I opened with Double Team hoping that her Dewgong would miss but she doesn’t and lands a wicked Bubblebeam. I use Double Team again and she misses the 2nd time around. I heal with a Max Potion I found and proceeded to use Double Team. After maxing Evasion, I merely used Rock Slide and Fly to KO her Pokemon. For Bruno, it was basically Blastoise for his Onix and Aerodactyl for his Fighting Type Pokemon.

Agatha was a true pain in the ass. Not because she had an advantage on my Pokemon but because I only had one Pokemon with Super Effective moves in Butterfree’s Psychic. I managed to defeat 4 of her Pokemon without taking much damage(and undoing any status ailments with Full Restores). Her final Gengar though... ugh. First it uses a Confuse Ray that causes me to miss and follows it up with Psychic that KO’s me. I’m like... s#&# and send out Aerodactyl whose speed outclasses her Gengar but I miss with a Fly Attack. Confuse Ray and Psychic = KO. F&$#&# so I send out Charizard and finally beat her with Flamethrower. I used a combination of Parasect and Blastoise to defeat Lance(Spore Attack and Mega Drain is quite nasty).

As for Blue, I opened with Dragonite and basically sweep his team lol. Used Surf on Sandslash, Hyper Beam on Alakazam, Hyper Beam on Exeggutor, Surf on Ninetales, Thunderbolt on Cloyster and Thunder Wave + Surf + Hyper Beam on Jolteon(did take a nasty Thunderbolt though). MVP of run will go to Butterfree as it did a lot of heavy lifting early on and came through in the clutch against Lt.Surge.
    Old June 27th, 2018 (5:39 AM). Edited July 2nd, 2018 by Zemanahrad.
    Audino Master

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Sun

CHAPTER 14 - NEXT ISLAND!

Lillie started floating and attacked Lusamine, so I interfered and beat her with Aquanera. Lusamine was angry, because her company doesn't hurt people and we were kicked out of there.
    After hours of swimming, we made it to next island. We were greeted by Kukui enjoying his evening tea - that he bought with money he got for selling us. He sents was to work in this island's observatory. We met Sophocles, one of the Trial Captains. And I challenged him. His Electric Pokémon were so powerful that the whole observatory blew up!
    And so, I and Hau are homeless again...
    OCC: This run is going really slowly... I feel like I spent eternity on the 3rd islands and I'm hardly in a half of it. While I enjoy the game more that I did in 2016, I still kinda wish to complete it soon.

Team

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Incineroar @Firium Z
    lvl 38, Blaze
    - Fire Fang
    - Swagger
    - Roar
    - Darkest Lariat

Strangla, Serious Female Dugtrio @Steelium Z
    lvl 36, Tangling Hair
    - Metal Claw
    - Sand Tomb
    - Sucker Punch
    - Bulldoze

Aquanera, Impish Male Araquanid @Waterium Z
    lvl 34, Water Bubble
    - Bubble Beam
    - Spider Web
    - Bug Bite
    - Infestation

Justice, Careful Female Passimian @Fightinium Z
    lvl 33, Receiver
    - Brick Break
    - Focus Energy
    - Acrobatics
    - Scary Face

Nightfall, Calm Male Sandygast
    lvl 33, Water Compaction
    - Astonish
    - Sand Attack
    - Bulldoze
    - Hypnosis
    Old June 28th, 2018 (11:47 AM). Edited July 2nd, 2018 by Zemanahrad.
    Audino Master

CHAPTER 15 - REBELLION!

We were invited by a creepy girl to her house on Ula'ula Island. There, we reunited with Lillie. She didn't look like someone who just took beating from Aquanera. Weird. The creepy girl claimed to be next Trial Captain, so I agreed to go with her to her Trial Site. Only to end up in the abandoned Site. And you don't wanna know what she wanted to do here. After ehhh... photo session... yeah, photo session! So after that we returned to her house only to found slave hunters there.They were friendly and offered me and Hau to join them.
    We travelled to their base in Po Town and met their leader Guzma. Pretty cool guy. He let us join him and told us that he'll find us when we're needed.
    After getting back to the creepy girl's house, we found out that Alolan Mum's Factory took away Lillie. Probably because of her attack of the Lusamine.
    Suddently, wild Gladion appeared. He's slave hunter too! And he has orders for us. We have to find someone named Lillie in Alolan Mum's Factory's island.
    We decided to steal a boat to get to the island, but we were caught by a cop named Nanu. But he's corrupted and let us go.
    We made our way to the island in our very own slave hunting boat! We beat every single person there until we got enough intel about that Lillie. It must be very popular name here in Alola.
    According to one of the kid workers there, the runaway slave is with Lusamine. Could she stole it? We made our way there only to find our Lillie. She and Lusamine seems to know each other. She had this long monologue about how her daughter and son destroyed her work and run away from her. Those bastards! If I ever meet them... How can they be so disrespectful? But I must agree that Lusamine is kinda scary. Just like my mum. So that's okay.
    Gladion then said that his mother would never be evil. His mum must be fun at parties.
    Lillie was like WTF are these two doing. When I asked what she means by that, her answer shocked me. THEY. ARE. FAMILY. Wow. What weirdos. And at that moment it hit me. Throughout my whole journey, I met kid workers that run away from their factories and defied their parents. Could I be working for a bad side this whole time?
    Nah, it's just this region problem. Or could it be truth?
    While I was thinking about these things, Lusamine opened portal to another dimension and disappered.

Gladion then revealed the whole truth. He and Lillie are leaders of international kid saving program and after seeing me winning the Industrual Games, they wanted to recruit me. My way to Alola was all their doing. They also offered Hau to join their forces. I decided to help them... for now.

Team

lvl 48, Blaze
    - Fire Fang
    - Swagger
    - Roar
    - Darkest Lariat

lvl 46, Tangling Hair
    - Iron Head
    - Sand Tomb
    - Sucker Punch
    - Bulldoze

lvl 46, Water Bubble
    - Bubble Beam
    - Crunch
    - Bug Bite
    - Infestation

lvl 46, Receiver
    - Brick Break
    - Focus Energy
    - Acrobatics
    - Close Combat

Nightfall, Calm Male Palossand @Ghostium Z
    lvl 47, Water Compaction
    - Shadow Ball
    - Earth Power
    - Psychic
    - Giga Drain

Tel, Adamant Male Togedemaru @Electrium Z
    lvl 28, Lighting Rod
    - Charge
    - Spark
    - Nuzzle
    - Magnet Rise
    Old June 28th, 2018 (12:49 PM). Edited June 28th, 2018 by CodeHelmet.

Long time coming but I have to do it.

Username: CodeHelmet
      Era: Ancient Greece
      Game: Yellow(Pika Power)

Haven’t decided on a team yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if my Pikachu is level 70 by the time I reach Viridian City(for the Gym) and everyone else(unless I purposely grind) in the 30’s.

Edit* With Water, Ground and Normal Types not allowed(two explicitly), it means I’ll need a Surf HM slave.

Currently raising:

Want to raise Pokemon? Check out VPP!
      Old July 2nd, 2018 (11:01 AM). Edited July 2nd, 2018 by Zemanahrad.
      Audino Master

CHAPTER 16 - Conquering...

We made our way to the last island, where we contacted woman named Hapu - kid disguised as old hag. She is secretly helping the Resistance and told us there are 2 ancient artifacts that can summon same portal that Lusamine used.
      Me and Lillie decided to get one on Exeggutor Island, while Gladion got the other one. Lillie's skirt got a little bit wet on the island, but we managed to get the artifact. Gladion soon returned with the other one and we started planning our attack. Hau and Gladion will attack Kukui and his Elite Four and me and Lillie will find Lusamine.
      We used artifacts to open the portal and get into this weird dimension full of much more beautiful Lillies. Anyway, I forget to bring my big white draggo, so I had to stick with these lazy bastards from Alola.
      We found Lusamine and she fused with one of the Lillies. Cool! I should switch sides once again. Before I could do anything, Lillie - the human Lillie - took care of Lusamine with her Solgaleo. So she had legendary Pokémon this whole time? I'm not even mad, I have one too and I didn't use it. She then activated her De-Fusion Spell card and beat Lillie - the Pokémon one - once again. After that, human Lillie decided to drag Lusamine all the way to the portal and back to Alola, so she can face her crimes.
      Few minutes after we got out of that weird dimension, we got message from Gladion, that they took down Kukui and his league. That's great. Then he added that Kukui escaped. That's not so great. We just started big revolution... World War!
      We celebrated that evening in the Iki Town. Many kid workers, including Lana and Mallow, came and decided to support our cause.
      I noticed Lillie missing during the event. I found her hat. Then one of her boot few metres away. I followed the clues to the Ruins of Conflict. There he was. Kukui holding Lillie hostage. I had fierce and long battle with him, but in the end won.

Next day Gladion revealed me and Hau his next plans. He wants to attack and conquer Sinnoh...

OOC: Well, this last part was really interesting. I led with underleveled Tel for most of the time until E4. Because of that, I had to switch at the start of the each battle and my other Pokémon were taking hits.
      Water-Type were once again menace to my team. This time it was Lusamine's Milotic. Well, her whole team pretty much countered mine. Hala was another obstacle on my way to victory. Other E4 members weren't that bad, but I still had bigger problems with them that during my 1st regular playthrough. I also think my Pokémon were on lower levels that on previous runs.

Team

lvl 59, Blaze
      - Flare Blitz
      - Swagger
      - Roar
      - Darkest Lariat

lvl 57, Tangling Hair
      - Iron Head
      - Sand Tomb
      - Sucker Punch
      - Earthquake

lvl 59, Water Bubble
      - Liquidation
      - Crunch
      - Leech Life
      - Infestation

lvl 55, Receiver
      - Brick Break
      - Focus Energy
      - Acrobatics
      - Close Combat

Nightfall, Calm Male Palossand @Ghostium Z
      lvl 59, Water Compaction
      - Shadow Ball
      - Earth Power
      - Psychic
      - Giga Drain

Tel, Adamant Male Togedemaru @Electrium Z
      lvl 52, Lighting Rod
      - Spiky Shield
      - Wild Charge
      - Nuzzle
      - Gyro Ball
      Old July 17th, 2018 (11:11 AM). Edited August 9th, 2018 by Zemanahrad.
      Audino Master

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Pearl

CHAPTER 17 - ... the world!

My name is Zeman Twist and I'm kid rebel. But I wasn't always rebel. Actually, only few days ago, I was one of the best kid worker in the world. I helped my company conquer half of the world. But now, now I'm different. I help kids to better tomorrows. With the help from my Alolan friends I set to free Sinnoh from adult's reign.
      To do so, I have to beat their league and champion - Cynthia.

Me and Gladion took a plane to Jubilife City, where we met local rebels in Trainer School. They advised us to wait with our attack until someone try and beat Cynthia's Company. We didn't have to wait long. Once we left Trainer School, we heard someone talking about Team Galaxy wanting to rule the region or something like that.
      So we got to Oreburgh City where we started our plan. Me, being stealth like always sneaked to the Gym at night and set off sprinklers on everyone. The Gym and city with it is ours.

Team

Clive, Hasty Male Monferno
      lvl 17, Blaze
      - Ember
      - Fury Swipes
      - Mach Punch
      - Taunt

Rusty, Quirky Female Bidoof
      lvl 13, Simple
      - Tackle
      - Rollout
      - Defense Curl
      - Rock Smash
      Old July 21st, 2018 (12:46 AM).

I'd like to start this as soon as i finish one of my other two challenges And as ive nearly done with crazy clause i'm going to go ahead and post my sign-up sheet :)

I'd like to work on an ultimate run through each Era

Username: Sylvie
        Game: Blazeblack (more variety for each era that way)
        Era: Ultimate run through all of them

Completed Challenges
        Crazy Clause - Randomised Fire red - Use only colorless pokemon
        Old July 21st, 2018 (1:45 PM). Edited July 21st, 2018 by CodeHelmet.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
          I'd like to start this as soon as i finish one of my other two challenges And as ive nearly done with crazy clause i'm going to go ahead and post my sign-up sheet :)

I'd like to work on an ultimate run through each Era

Username: Sylvie
          Game: Blazeblack (more variety for each era that way)
          Era: Ultimate run through all of them
          That’s going to be a long undertaking if you’re going to do each Era seven times(including the Time Warp one....).

Anyways, with regards to my Ancient Greece challenge on Yellow... to put it simply it was the longest and most annoying challenge I’ve ever had due to having Pikachu as my lead. Was great early on but against Erika, Koga, Blaine and especially Giovanni... I had no choice but to switch to other team members. Charizard, thanks to its Flying Typing, was my MVP as it was able to avoid the Ground moves that would have KO’d my Electric starter. To go along with Charizard, I had Venusuar, Clefairy, Hitmonchan(Elemental punches, particularly Ice Punch) and Jolteon(Pin Missile for the win!).

After getting through all 8 Gym Leaders with an OP Pikachu(was level 60 while the rest of my team was 55ish), I slugged my way through Victory Road and hating every moment of it due to all the damn Rock Pokemon... ugh(not to mention all the Trainers too). After making my way out of Victory Road, I grinded to 60 so that when I switched in, they’d be able to take a hit. Lorelei was solo’d by Jolteon because he’s that good(Thunderbolt + Pin Missile for Jynx). Bruno was easy with Charizard soloing with Earthquake and Fly. Agatha was a pain as usual but Pikachu’s speed and Double Team ultimately won out in the end(thank god). Used Pikachu to zap Lance’s Gyrados before swapping to Hitmonchan and it’s Ice Punch. Didn’t OHKO like Blastoise(or better yet Lapras) Ice Beam but did enough damage that I was able to KO both Dragonairs. Swapped to Jolteon for Aerodactyl(using Thunderbolt) before swapping back to Hitmonchan and Ice Punch. Dragonite KO’d my Hitmonchan and hence I swapped to Jolteon for another Thunderbolt that managed to do the job. In the final battle with Blue, I immediately swapped to Charizard so as to avoid Earthquake and KO’d with a combination of Fly and Flamethrower. Swapped to Jolteon for Alakazam(Pin Missile), Cloyster(Thunderbolt), and Exeggutor(Pin Missile x4 Damage). Back to Charizard for Ninetales(Earthquake) and dodging another Thunder for an EQ OHKO on Jolteon.

I can’t think of too many challenges on Yellow that would be harder than that... ugh.
          Old July 21st, 2018 (1:59 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
            That’s going to be a long undertaking if you’re going to do each Era seven times(including the Time Warp one....).
            Pretty sure i read that there are two kinds of ultimate, one of which you can go through all eras on just one game, which is what i meant, as i currently dont have access to all seven gens.

Completed Challenges
            Old July 21st, 2018 (2:06 PM). Edited July 21st, 2018 by CodeHelmet.

Quote:
              Pretty sure i read that there are two kinds of ultimate, one of which you can go through all eras on just one game, which is what i meant, as i currently dont have access to all seven gens.
              Ahh yeah that’d work. You either do each Era once on one particular game or one particular Era 7 times for each Generation. In a way I’ve kind of been doing an Ultimate on Yellow but I dont know if I’ll ever get around to completing it(been doing solo challenges for now).
              Old July 22nd, 2018 (10:06 AM).

Just about to get started with Jurassic Jam, but wouldn't mind a quick bit of clarification for the era types. When it says "Pokemon based on reptiles" is that just for the water types since cute ones are banned, or does that count for all types allowed in the era? I'm assuming just water types on the bases that bugs are well...bugs but i don't want to find out half way that i've been cheating

Completed Challenges
                Old July 22nd, 2018 (12:11 PM).
                Audino Master

Quote:
                Just about to get started with Jurassic Jam, but wouldn't mind a quick bit of clarification for the era types. When it says "Pokemon based on reptiles" is that just for the water types since cute ones are banned, or does that count for all types allowed in the era? I'm assuming just water types on the bases that bugs are well...bugs but i don't want to find out half way that i've been cheating
                I always interpreted it as "You can use Fire, Bug, Water-Type and any Pokémon based on Reptiles"
                If you compare it to the Banned Types, you can see that in there, format of it is "cute Water-Types" without the comma. With would mean you can't use cute Water-Types.
                Old July 22nd, 2018 (12:26 PM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Zemanahrad View Post
                  I always interpreted it as "You can use Fire, Bug, Water-Type and any Pokémon based on Reptiles"
                  If you compare it to the Banned Types, you can see that in there, format of it is "cute Water-Types" without the comma. With would mean you can't use cute Water-Types.
                  Thanks for clarification! i had considered it but i tend to doubt myself too much :B

Completed Challenges
                  Old August 7th, 2018 (1:55 PM).

BlazeBlack: Jurassic Jam
                    Badges:
                    Journey:
                    Spoiler:

The machine i had mindlessly thrown myself into and operated like a madwoman came to a slow shuddering halt. The lights dimmed and the only light left inside the pod came from the big red
                    "Cooldown" letters on the console alongside several ticking numbers. It seems whatever i had done to operate the time-machine had worked but it would be a few days before the new model would be ready to use again. Tentatively i opened the door, and was instantly left staring out into the near pitch darkness of the outside world. There was nothing out there, no lights, no buildings and certainly no people.

As my eyes adjusted to the moonlit scenery i was able to make out a few shapes cautiously making their way towards me. Instinctively i reached for my pokedex and pokeballs, only to remember i had left them back home under the care of my mother, worried i might lose them in the crowds i had been expecting at the event. As the creatures got closer i could see they resembled pokemon, though they looked a lot tougher, gruffer and fiercer than any pokemon back home. Just how far back in time had i traveled?

Two of them hung back, unsure about the stranger in their territory, but the one resembling a snake kept coming towards me,(if i remembered the pokedex correctly, it looked very similar to a snivy from my time) i stayed as still as possible hoping it wouldn't attack me out of the blue, but it seemed more curios about me than anything else. Perhaps it had never seen a human before? I crouched to its level and tried to befriend the snake, it didn't seem to mind. but its friends (Tepig and Oshawott? they looked bigger and meaner than the ones i know though) didn't seem too happy with me touching their snivy friend and attacked.

The snivy defended me in battle(lost to both of them mind you) however,apparently satisfied with whatever feelings Snivy portrayed, the attackers left. I named my new friend Opheodrys (after the latin name for the common grass snake) and since it seemed like he wanted to hang round, i decided
                    to explore the world while the time machine cooled-down.

Opheodrys and i decided to get to know each other better by spending some time training around the area i had arrived in and resting by the time machine when we got too worn out.

OOC: Opheodrys will probs be referred to as Pheo
                    ---accumula town---

After some intense training Pheo and i decided to move on, he led the way and eventually two familiar looking pokemon were ahead of us. It was oshawatt and tepig. while still cautious around me, they seemed more mellow about snivy traveling with me. It seemed they were waiting for us, because as soon as we arrived, they led Pheo and i through some thick brush. On the other side was what appeared to be a small pokemon village.

I was growing more and more certain that the pokemon around here had never seen a human, as their reactions were more curious than the ones back home who spent a lot of time hiding in the grass, or being straight out aggressive. Tepig and Oshawatt led Theo and i to a small pool at the edge of the poke-village where we drank some deeply refreshing water that did wonders for our health and spirits.

A commotion distracted us from our rest, the pokemon of the little village were having some sort of meeting; and while i couldn't understand their words the tension in the air told me that my arrival was dividing opinions. The exact details were unknown but i expected my travels to be met by resistance from those who saw me as a threat to their way of life. Among those who had a problem with me was a small Zorua with sad eyes. He attacked me with some of his friends (Opheodrys fought them off valiently) I mentally named my attacker 'N' for 'Not friendly' as i had a feeling i would meet him again.

---route 2---

Encountered a rather lively Weedle after fleeing the village. I wanted it to join me on my adventures but without pokeballs i had no clue how to do it. Thankfully, after battling it, Pheo produced some odd looking nuts and offered them to the weedle.

The weedle eyed them up before eating three of the 6 presented nuts and crawling over to my side. Perhaps those nuts worked as some sort of peace offering among the pokemon in this time. I nickname my new ally Vespa (After the giant hornet) and he seemed content to ride on my head, coming down to battle now and then as training.

Vespa evolved quickly, and pretty soon he was a giant bee/wasp which made me feel much safer.

---striaton city---

We came across a forest clearing, with three large colorful monkeys(pan-somethings if i recall) and their friends guarding what looked like the only way forward. My friends and i kept our distance for now, finding some more of those Poke-nuts.

Vespa cut down a small tree and we made a temporary home in the dead end behind it training against the less intimidating pokemon we found there. During this time Opheodrys evolved! Now i felt a little more confident we could get past the pan-trio blocking our way forward. I considered taking on the three simi's but something made me want a 3rd ally to even the playing field. So i befriended Ascalapha the Venonat (After the latin for Black witch moth) and spent some time training him to Pheo and Vespa's level.

OOC: Ascalapha will probs be referred to as Cal

i Approached the three monkeys and as expected they prevented me from passing. The fire one stepped forward, and summoned his five of his friends, all of which were fire types before attacking us 3 on 3. We battled valiantly but eventually fell to pansear himself. I retreated back to my hiding spot
                    where my friends and i returned to training.

The second time round we were more prepared and we managed to knock out pansear and his friends without anyone being taken out, though everyone was in need of a good rest. The two other pan's fled with their fallen brother leaving the way forward clear. On the ground near where they had been
                    standing was an interesting looking rock. i picked it up as a souvenier of our victory today and was reminded of gym badges back home.

Before moving on, i heard a cry, and ran back towards my previous hiding spot past the fast growing tree. It was Bianca the oshawatt! (after battling the pansear who had a tepig for an ally i realised i had to think up names for Pheo's friends.) Bianca was trying to defend a floating pink elephant from a frenzied group of beedrill. My worn out friends and i rushed in to help.

The enemy were tough, we managed to defeat the first half of the group, but the bugs just kept on coming. The second swarm left Cal unconscious, Pheo seriously poisoned and Vespa spent the majority of the time paralysed. My own beedrill managed to hang in there like a champ though, as he managed to fight through the paralysis and barely pull off a win. Those who could still move fled the scene.

Another, bigger floating elephant (they reminded me of munna and musharna, but were far too large...) turned up and thanked us, before leaving with its child. Bianca too seemed grateful and fetched us some spring water to drink, carrying it inside a large leaf. A night of rest later and we were ready to travel on. I wondered briefly if the Time-machine was ready yet, but it had only been about 3 days since i had arrived and the timer had indicated it wouldn't be ready for at least a week.

---route 3---

As we continued our journey through the lush wild-land i contemplated the difficulty we had been having against strong opponents and felt the need for a few more allies, back at home trainers would carry up to 6 pokemon as it was wildly agreed that 6 was the optimal number that one could care for and raise effectively. Despite not having pokeballs (admittedly it felt nice to have my friends walk beside me all the time) i wanted to keep to that tradition. We needed a new friend or two. Preferably a type not weak to fire.

Speaking of a weakness to fire, Cheren the tepig showed up looking confident, he seemed to be enjoying traveling and i think he and Pheo had a bit of a rivalry going on. Anyway Cheren and a few of his new friends challenged us to a battle (was he imitating me as a trainer? or were pokemon of this age just really co-operative with each other?)

At least we weren't attacked completely out of the blue this time. We managed to win, but as soon as our battle was concluded two Scrafty ran past us each holding an egg, being chased by a tired looking Archeops. (Wow!! id only ever seen fossils of this pokemon in a museum! it was bigger than i imagined!) I guessed that the archeops was the mother of those eggs, and Cheren and i ran after the Scrafty to get them back.

OOC: spent ages here training on audino in shaking grass, looking for a totodile

While we were chasing the Scrafty, a beastly looking totodile stepped out in front of us, and grew angry when we tripped over it. We were forced to battle it to calm it down, before Ascalapha offered it a couple of the friend-nuts. It ate two of the larger ones before deciding to tag along with us, so i named it Sarcosuchus (After an extinct crocodile that wouldn't stop growing as long as it lived) and gave him the rundown of what was going on. He seemed eager to help so we continued the chase.

OOC: Sarcosuchus will probs be referred to as Arc. i could have just given them these names but the actual latin seemed cooler.

My new friend Arc and Cheren the tepig battled alongside each other against the Scrafty's to retrieve the eggs, after the battle Sarcosuchus evolved! guess my new ally was pretty strong already.

We returned the eggs to the archeops and went on our way.

---Nacrene City---

We bumped into cheren, and once again it seemed like he was waiting for us. The forest had grown thick and humid, and i could no longer tell if it was getting dark due to daylight changes or foliage density. The tepig led us farther into the forest depths, and once again we emerged from the shrub into a large clearing. It seemed like this was another little pokemon village just on the outskirts of the deep woods.

The majority of the little village was centered around a large tree stump. We rested at another spring (those things seem to be as common as pokecenters, wonder if there's a connection?). I was a bit more cautious with the residential pokemon this time. Most seemed okay with me being there, but one seemed to guard the entrance into the deep woods fiercely. Unable to remember what kind of pokemon it was I kept my distant for now, intent to observe the other prehistoric pokemon enjoying their lives together.

While we were here, i encountered N again. The Zorua seemed more curious than hostile this time, but he and his friends still attacked. It seemed like he was testing me, regardless the battle was two on two, but after practice against the pan-monkeys my allies and i were able to handle it. N left with his friends after his defeat, only stopping to look back at us once. I wondered what was going on in his head.

We went and found a place to train in order to get past the fierce guardian. If it were anything like the last one, it would probably have friends and be a tough fight.

---outside Pinwheel forest---

We trained just outside of the pokemon village, where we encountered a charmander, though they appeared closer in appearance to an actual flaming raptor than the cuddly charmanders of my age. I instantly wanted to add it to my team, he would make a great balanced addition.

I challenged the charmander to battle, we would show him that we were serious about him joining us. The charmander took a long time to decide, but eventually yielded after consuming three of my nuts (now i only had 10 wet looking ones that didn't seem appetizing at all). I named my new ally Deinonychus *Deino (after Deinonychus Antihorrpus, the 'terrible claw' Raptor species). We began training together, working out how to incorporate Deino's skills into our teamwork. During the training Deino evolved into an even fiercer looking creature.

Decided to challenge the fierce enemy back in the Pokevillage. Its name suddenly popped back into my head, it was called a Watchog! As expected, the Watchog also brought its friends to battle, but unlike the last guardians, this was a 2 vs 2 battle. Deino's dragon rage was incredibly useful, combined with Pheo's tricky leech seed and mega drains, but eventually Dieno got knocked out (although Pheo stubbornly refused to faint until watchog himself entered the battle), thankfully they had cleared more than half of the opponents off of the field, It was all looking set to be a win, but Watchog himself was a lot tougher than his friends, and had a mean super fang! He single-handedly took out
                    3 of my friends. We returned to the training grounds to work on new tactics and lick our wounds.

The second time we fought the Watchog, it was another extremely close battle. In the end Sarcosuchus managed to become the last mon' standing at 3hp. Instead of fleeing like the pan-pokemon, watchog bowed its head in defeat and respectfully stepped aside. with its approval apparently earned i collected another souvenir rock from nearby before helping my friends back to the healing springs to recover.

We hadn't been there long before there was a commotion though as several sleek grovyle charged through the area with what looked like wires and scraps of metal in their claws. My time-machine! We gave chase into the deep woods, not wanting to risk losing any part of my time-machine and end up permanently stuck here.

I finally located the thief grovyle who was in posession of my machine parts and battled it, but even after defeating the tree lizard it looked ready to flee with its ill gotten goods. That was when, surprisingly, Watchog and a bug type who i assumed to be its friend showed up. That was clearly enough to intimidate the thief, as it dropped its machine parts and left empty handed. I thanked Watchog and the leavanny for its help. It looked tough and i had a feeling i would see it again. If it was friends with Watchog it was probably another guardian. (I still wasnt sure why exactly they fought against me but it was less aggressive with each i met,it felt more like they were challenging themselves against what they saw to be a strong opponent.)

With machine parts in hand i headed back to check on my time machine and see if i could figure out how to re-attach the stolen items. Part of why a license for time-travel was so hard to obtain was because you had to display an intricate knowledge of the machines inner workings for situations exactly like this....and it was something i obviously didn't have. However, thankfully, the machine itself still seemed operational. The cool-down timer was still counting down and the damage seemed merely superficial. With every-bodies help we slowly reattached the damaged parts. I double checked the countdown, it would be ready to fire up again in a day. Maybe it was time to get ready to leave. Then i noticed something important. The key was missing.

Back at the time-machine exhibit, despite operating the thing in a daze i specifically remembered turning a key after pressing all the buttons and levers. The key was no longer in the slot meaning someone had taken it. For some reason an image of N appeared in my mind. I needed to hunt down that key!

We returned to the deep woods and pushed onward, intending to hunt down N, i felt absolutely certain that he had it.

---Castelia city---

The woods finally gave way to a huge open plain with a wide river running through. We had to cross a fallen tree to get there safely. There were several pokemon getting on with their lives, whom we challenged to battle for training. With a survival of the fittest thing going on most were eager to oblige. Those that didn't fled the area. During the training Arc evolved into a fearsome looking feraligatr.

In the center of the plains was the Leavanny we met prior, just waiting for me with 5 other pokemon. its intentions clear, we bypassed it cautiously for now and explored the plains further. There was still no sign of N anywhere, though the plains did start turning into a swampy marshland the further we explored it.

Butting its head against a lone tree was a Cranidos. I felt more excited than i had when i saw the Archeops. Once again it was something i had only seen as a fossil inside a museum. Instantly i approached it, which i know was silly but i did. The pokemon startled a little at my approach, but my confidence paid off somehow when Opheodrys spoke to it as it decided to follow me without any fight or fuss. I named him Pachyseph (After the pachysephalosaurus which was the inspiration for this particular pokemon)

I returned to the plains to challenge the 3rd guardian. Though as usual we got knocked around and had to return to training.

Team:

Opheodrys Lvl 33
                    Adamant/Overgrow
                    Slam/Growth/Leaf Blade/Leech Seed

Vespa Lvl 30
                    Quirky/Swarm
                    Pin missile/Focus energy/Cut/Twin needle

Ascalapha lvl 30
                    Hasty/Compound Eyes
                    Psybeam/Poison Powder/Leech Life/Supersonic

Sarcosuchus Lvl 30
                    Sassy/Torrent
                    Ice Fang/Water gun/Agility/Crunch

Deinonychus Lvl 32
                    Jolly/Blaze
                    Fire Fang/Dragon Rage/Flame Burst/Smokescreen

*Mandatory*
                    Pachyseph Lvl 27
                    Timid/Mold Breaker
                    Pursuit/Take down/Scary Face/Assurance

Completed Challenges
                    Old August 7th, 2018 (4:19 PM).

Quote:
                      BlazeBlack: Jurassic Jam
                      Badges:
                      Journey:
                      Spoiler:

The machine i had mindlessly thrown myself into and operated like a madwoman came to a slow shuddering halt. The lights dimmed and the only light left inside the pod came from the big red
                      "Cooldown" letters on the console alongside several ticking numbers. It seems whatever i had done to operate the time-machine had worked but it would be a few days before the new model would be ready to use again. Tentatively i opened the door, and was instantly left staring out into the near pitch darkness of the outside world. There was nothing out there, no lights, no buildings and certainly no people.

As my eyes adjusted to the moonlit scenery i was able to make out a few shapes cautiously making their way towards me. Instinctively i reached for my pokedex and pokeballs, only to remember i had left them back home under the care of my mother, worried i might lose them in the crowds i had been expecting at the event. As the creatures got closer i could see they resembled pokemon, though they looked a lot tougher, gruffer and fiercer than any pokemon back home. Just how far back in time had i traveled?

Two of them hung back, unsure about the stranger in their territory, but the one resembling a snake kept coming towards me,(if i remembered the pokedex correctly, it looked very similar to a snivy from my time) i stayed as still as possible hoping it wouldn't attack me out of the blue, but it seemed more curios about me than anything else. Perhaps it had never seen a human before? I crouched to its level and tried to befriend the snake, it didn't seem to mind. but its friends (Tepig and Oshawott? they looked bigger and meaner than the ones i know though) didn't seem too happy with me touching their snivy friend and attacked.

The snivy defended me in battle(lost to both of them mind you) however,apparently satisfied with whatever feelings Snivy portrayed, the attackers left. I named my new friend Opheodrys (after the latin name for the common grass snake) and since it seemed like he wanted to hang round, i decided
                      to explore the world while the time machine cooled-down.

Opheodrys and i decided to get to know each other better by spending some time training around the area i had arrived in and resting by the time machine when we got too worn out.

OOC: Opheodrys will probs be referred to as Pheo
                      ---accumula town---

After some intense training Pheo and i decided to move on, he led the way and eventually two familiar looking pokemon were ahead of us. It was oshawatt and tepig. while still cautious around me, they seemed more mellow about snivy traveling with me. It seemed they were waiting for us, because as soon as we arrived, they led Pheo and i through some thick brush. On the other side was what appeared to be a small pokemon village.

I was growing more and more certain that the pokemon around here had never seen a human, as their reactions were more curious than the ones back home who spent a lot of time hiding in the grass, or being straight out aggressive. Tepig and Oshawatt led Theo and i to a small pool at the edge of the poke-village where we drank some deeply refreshing water that did wonders for our health and spirits.

A commotion distracted us from our rest, the pokemon of the little village were having some sort of meeting; and while i couldn't understand their words the tension in the air told me that my arrival was dividing opinions. The exact details were unknown but i expected my travels to be met by resistance from those who saw me as a threat to their way of life. Among those who had a problem with me was a small Zorua with sad eyes. He attacked me with some of his friends (Opheodrys fought them off valiently) I mentally named my attacker 'N' for 'Not friendly' as i had a feeling i would meet him again.

---route 2---

Encountered a rather lively Weedle after fleeing the village. I wanted it to join me on my adventures but without pokeballs i had no clue how to do it. Thankfully, after battling it, Pheo produced some odd looking nuts and offered them to the weedle.

The weedle eyed them up before eating three of the 6 presented nuts and crawling over to my side. Perhaps those nuts worked as some sort of peace offering among the pokemon in this time. I nickname my new ally Vespa (After the giant hornet) and he seemed content to ride on my head, coming down to battle now and then as training.

Vespa evolved quickly, and pretty soon he was a giant bee/wasp which made me feel much safer.

---striaton city---

We came across a forest clearing, with three large colorful monkeys(pan-somethings if i recall) and their friends guarding what looked like the only way forward. My friends and i kept our distance for now, finding some more of those Poke-nuts.

Vespa cut down a small tree and we made a temporary home in the dead end behind it training against the less intimidating pokemon we found there. During this time Opheodrys evolved! Now i felt a little more confident we could get past the pan-trio blocking our way forward. I considered taking on the three simi's but something made me want a 3rd ally to even the playing field. So i befriended Ascalapha the Venonat (After the latin for Black witch moth) and spent some time training him to Pheo and Vespa's level.

OOC: Ascalapha will probs be referred to as Cal

i Approached the three monkeys and as expected they prevented me from passing. The fire one stepped forward, and summoned his five of his friends, all of which were fire types before attacking us 3 on 3. We battled valiantly but eventually fell to pansear himself. I retreated back to my hiding spot
                      where my friends and i returned to training.

The second time round we were more prepared and we managed to knock out pansear and his friends without anyone being taken out, though everyone was in need of a good rest. The two other pan's fled with their fallen brother leaving the way forward clear. On the ground near where they had been
                      standing was an interesting looking rock. i picked it up as a souvenier of our victory today and was reminded of gym badges back home.

Before moving on, i heard a cry, and ran back towards my previous hiding spot past the fast growing tree. It was Bianca the oshawatt! (after battling the pansear who had a tepig for an ally i realised i had to think up names for Pheo's friends.) Bianca was trying to defend a floating pink elephant from a frenzied group of beedrill. My worn out friends and i rushed in to help.

The enemy were tough, we managed to defeat the first half of the group, but the bugs just kept on coming. The second swarm left Cal unconscious, Pheo seriously poisoned and Vespa spent the majority of the time paralysed. My own beedrill managed to hang in there like a champ though, as he managed to fight through the paralysis and barely pull off a win. Those who could still move fled the scene.

Another, bigger floating elephant (they reminded me of munna and musharna, but were far too large...) turned up and thanked us, before leaving with its child. Bianca too seemed grateful and fetched us some spring water to drink, carrying it inside a large leaf. A night of rest later and we were ready to travel on. I wondered briefly if the Time-machine was ready yet, but it had only been about 3 days since i had arrived and the timer had indicated it wouldn't be ready for at least a week.

---route 3---

As we continued our journey through the lush wild-land i contemplated the difficulty we had been having against strong opponents and felt the need for a few more allies, back at home trainers would carry up to 6 pokemon as it was wildly agreed that 6 was the optimal number that one could care for and raise effectively. Despite not having pokeballs (admittedly it felt nice to have my friends walk beside me all the time) i wanted to keep to that tradition. We needed a new friend or two. Preferably a type not weak to fire.

Speaking of a weakness to fire, Cheren the tepig showed up looking confident, he seemed to be enjoying traveling and i think he and Pheo had a bit of a rivalry going on. Anyway Cheren and a few of his new friends challenged us to a battle (was he imitating me as a trainer? or were pokemon of this age just really co-operative with each other?)

At least we weren't attacked completely out of the blue this time. We managed to win, but as soon as our battle was concluded two Scrafty ran past us each holding an egg, being chased by a tired looking Archeops. (Wow!! id only ever seen fossils of this pokemon in a museum! it was bigger than i imagined!) I guessed that the archeops was the mother of those eggs, and Cheren and i ran after the Scrafty to get them back.

OOC: spent ages here training on audino in shaking grass, looking for a totodile

While we were chasing the Scrafty, a beastly looking totodile stepped out in front of us, and grew angry when we tripped over it. We were forced to battle it to calm it down, before Ascalapha offered it a couple of the friend-nuts. It ate two of the larger ones before deciding to tag along with us, so i named it Sarcosuchus (After an extinct crocodile that wouldn't stop growing as long as it lived) and gave him the rundown of what was going on. He seemed eager to help so we continued the chase.

OOC: Sarcosuchus will probs be referred to as Arc. i could have just given them these names but the actual latin seemed cooler.

My new friend Arc and Cheren the tepig battled alongside each other against the Scrafty's to retrieve the eggs, after the battle Sarcosuchus evolved! guess my new ally was pretty strong already.

We returned the eggs to the archeops and went on our way.

---Nacrene City---

We bumped into cheren, and once again it seemed like he was waiting for us. The forest had grown thick and humid, and i could no longer tell if it was getting dark due to daylight changes or foliage density. The tepig led us farther into the forest depths, and once again we emerged from the shrub into a large clearing. It seemed like this was another little pokemon village just on the outskirts of the deep woods.

The majority of the little village was centered around a large tree stump. We rested at another spring (those things seem to be as common as pokecenters, wonder if there's a connection?). I was a bit more cautious with the residential pokemon this time. Most seemed okay with me being there, but one seemed to guard the entrance into the deep woods fiercely. Unable to remember what kind of pokemon it was I kept my distant for now, intent to observe the other prehistoric pokemon enjoying their lives together.

While we were here, i encountered N again. The Zorua seemed more curious than hostile this time, but he and his friends still attacked. It seemed like he was testing me, regardless the battle was two on two, but after practice against the pan-monkeys my allies and i were able to handle it. N left with his friends after his defeat, only stopping to look back at us once. I wondered what was going on in his head.

We went and found a place to train in order to get past the fierce guardian. If it were anything like the last one, it would probably have friends and be a tough fight.

---outside Pinwheel forest---

We trained just outside of the pokemon village, where we encountered a charmander, though they appeared closer in appearance to an actual flaming raptor than the cuddly charmanders of my age. I instantly wanted to add it to my team, he would make a great balanced addition.

I challenged the charmander to battle, we would show him that we were serious about him joining us. The charmander took a long time to decide, but eventually yielded after consuming three of my nuts (now i only had 10 wet looking ones that didn't seem appetizing at all). I named my new ally Deinonychus *Deino (after Deinonychus Antihorrpus, the 'terrible claw' Raptor species). We began training together, working out how to incorporate Deino's skills into our teamwork. During the training Deino evolved into an even fiercer looking creature.

Decided to challenge the fierce enemy back in the Pokevillage. Its name suddenly popped back into my head, it was called a Watchog! As expected, the Watchog also brought its friends to battle, but unlike the last guardians, this was a 2 vs 2 battle. Deino's dragon rage was incredibly useful, combined with Pheo's tricky leech seed and mega drains, but eventually Dieno got knocked out (although Pheo stubbornly refused to faint until watchog himself entered the battle), thankfully they had cleared more than half of the opponents off of the field, It was all looking set to be a win, but Watchog himself was a lot tougher than his friends, and had a mean super fang! He single-handedly took out
                      3 of my friends. We returned to the training grounds to work on new tactics and lick our wounds.

The second time we fought the Watchog, it was another extremely close battle. In the end Sarcosuchus managed to become the last mon' standing at 3hp. Instead of fleeing like the pan-pokemon, watchog bowed its head in defeat and respectfully stepped aside. with its approval apparently earned i collected another souvenir rock from nearby before helping my friends back to the healing springs to recover.

We hadn't been there long before there was a commotion though as several sleek grovyle charged through the area with what looked like wires and scraps of metal in their claws. My time-machine! We gave chase into the deep woods, not wanting to risk losing any part of my time-machine and end up permanently stuck here.

I finally located the thief grovyle who was in posession of my machine parts and battled it, but even after defeating the tree lizard it looked ready to flee with its ill gotten goods. That was when, surprisingly, Watchog and a bug type who i assumed to be its friend showed up. That was clearly enough to intimidate the thief, as it dropped its machine parts and left empty handed. I thanked Watchog and the leavanny for its help. It looked tough and i had a feeling i would see it again. If it was friends with Watchog it was probably another guardian. (I still wasnt sure why exactly they fought against me but it was less aggressive with each i met,it felt more like they were challenging themselves against what they saw to be a strong opponent.)

With machine parts in hand i headed back to check on my time machine and see if i could figure out how to re-attach the stolen items. Part of why a license for time-travel was so hard to obtain was because you had to display an intricate knowledge of the machines inner workings for situations exactly like this....and it was something i obviously didn't have. However, thankfully, the machine itself still seemed operational. The cool-down timer was still counting down and the damage seemed merely superficial. With every-bodies help we slowly reattached the damaged parts. I double checked the countdown, it would be ready to fire up again in a day. Maybe it was time to get ready to leave. Then i noticed something important. The key was missing.

Back at the time-machine exhibit, despite operating the thing in a daze i specifically remembered turning a key after pressing all the buttons and levers. The key was no longer in the slot meaning someone had taken it. For some reason an image of N appeared in my mind. I needed to hunt down that key!

We returned to the deep woods and pushed onward, intending to hunt down N, i felt absolutely certain that he had it.

---Castelia city---

The woods finally gave way to a huge open plain with a wide river running through. We had to cross a fallen tree to get there safely. There were several pokemon getting on with their lives, whom we challenged to battle for training. With a survival of the fittest thing going on most were eager to oblige. Those that didn't fled the area. During the training Arc evolved into a fearsome looking feraligatr.

In the center of the plains was the Leavanny we met prior, just waiting for me with 5 other pokemon. its intentions clear, we bypassed it cautiously for now and explored the plains further. There was still no sign of N anywhere, though the plains did start turning into a swampy marshland the further we explored it.

Butting its head against a lone tree was a Cranidos. I felt more excited than i had when i saw the Archeops. Once again it was something i had only seen as a fossil inside a museum. Instantly i approached it, which i know was silly but i did. The pokemon startled a little at my approach, but my confidence paid off somehow when Opheodrys spoke to it as it decided to follow me without any fight or fuss. I named him Pachyseph (After the pachysephalosaurus which was the inspiration for this particular pokemon)

I returned to the plains to challenge the 3rd guardian. Though as usual we got knocked around and had to return to training.

Team:

Opheodrys Lvl 33
                      Adamant/Overgrow
                      Slam/Growth/Leaf Blade/Leech Seed

Vespa Lvl 30
                      Quirky/Swarm
                      Pin missile/Focus energy/Cut/Twin needle

Ascalapha lvl 30
                      Hasty/Compound Eyes
                      Psybeam/Poison Powder/Leech Life/Supersonic

Sarcosuchus Lvl 30
                      Sassy/Torrent
                      Ice Fang/Water gun/Agility/Crunch

Deinonychus Lvl 32
                      Jolly/Blaze
                      Fire Fang/Dragon Rage/Flame Burst/Smokescreen

*Mandatory*
                      Pachyseph Lvl 27
                      Timid/Mold Breaker
                      Pursuit/Take down/Scary Face/Assurance

Great read!! Keep it up and good luck with the rest of your run :)
                      “You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”
                      “Why, what did she tell you?”
                      “I don’t know, I didn’t listen.”
                      Old August 9th, 2018 (9:32 AM). Edited August 9th, 2018 by Zemanahrad.
                      Audino Master

CHAPTER 18 - Battle continues

OCC: I decided to focus on Get Together in the past few weeks and when it ended, I was kinda demotivated to play Pokémon. But I have small update for my Industrial Era run.

After we captured Oreburgh City, we were lucky and got another cities without almost any fighting. Gardenia, Gym Leader of Eterna City had no chance against my burning legion. Solaceon surrendered without fighting...
                      We got up to the Veilstone, where one of the strongest warriors reside. Their leader, Maylene prepared for us and the city's entrances were closed. And so started the Siege of Veilstone...

Team

Clive, Hasty Male Monferno
                      lvl 31, Blaze
                      - Flame Wheel
                      - Fury Swipes
                      - Mach Punch
                      - Torment

Rusty, Quirky Female Bibarel
                      lvl 29, Simple
                      - Return
                      - Yawn
                      - Water Gun
                      - Rock Smash
                      Old August 10th, 2018 (12:10 PM).
                      Audino Master

CHAPTER 19 - Iron Ally

We had no time to lose so I decided to challenge Maylene to honorable duel for the city, but she instead attacked us with her full force. And lost. Veilstone is ours. Our small revolution was going great so far.
                      We were able to get up to Canalave City and heard about Iron Island from local sailors. It's strategic place full of industrial iron. If we could captured it, we could take control over whole region just like that.
                      And so I and Gladion paid one of the sailers to get us there. There was huge cave on the island. The moment we stepped in, huge explosion shaked the whole place. The entrance was blocked with stones.
                      Out of nowhere, dozens of soldiers appeared and we were forced to battle them. We couldn't face their superiority in numbers. We thought it's over, when Lucario appeared and started beating everyone down. It belonged to the Riley, kid worker from Canalave, who was followed us to the Iron Island. After the cave was clear, he decided to join our cause and helped us get back to Canalave.
                      Riley challenged his (former) master Byron to battle for the local Gym. After long battle, Riley was about to lose, but Gladion and I interfered and attacked Byron from behind.
                      Now, the harbor city was ours.
                      That same day, we got message from Lillie, that she'll arrive there soon with reinforcements...

Team

Clive, Hasty Male Infernape
                      lvl 38, Blaze
                      - Flame Wheel
                      - Close Combat
                      - Mach Punch
                      - Torment

Rusty, Quirky Female Bibarel
                      lvl 38, Simple
                      - Return
                      - Yawn
                      - Surf
                      - Rock Smash

Chromie, Adamant Female Gastrodon
                      lvl 32, Stormn Drain
                      - Mud Bomb
                      - Hidden Power
                      - Rain Dance
                      - Body Slam

Brock, Serious Male Croagunk
                      lvl 34, Dry Skin
                      - Sucker Punch
                      - Faint Attack
                      - Revenge
                      - Swagger

Lecry, Nasty Male Luxray
                      lvl 37, Intimidate
                      - Spark
                      - Roar
                      - Charge
                      - Crunch
                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:30 PM).

BlazeBlack - Jurrassic Jam

Badges:

Journey:
                        Spoiler:
                        It took us a total of 3 attempts before we were able to out maneuver the guardian Leavanny, Arc and Cal were the only casualties and it was only possible due to Deino getting in a good amount of lucky critical hits with Flame burst (also the use of what few healing items i could find laying around) after the second defeat my allies and i had decided that our best chance would be to rally around Deino and if necessary act as cannon fodder in order for him to burn through the enemy. Not a tactic i'd like to use again but this time it got the job done.

Leavanny nodded to me and handed me an intricately woven leaf(it almost looked like a delicate wing). It was beautiful and reminded me that Leavanny were known to enjoy making their own 'clothes.' I accepted the leaf as my 3rd souvenir.

As we returned to the marshland a dewott approached with a munna following close behind. It took me a moment to realize that the pokemon before me was Bianca! The usually quiet Bianca had been training and gaining allies and finally felt ready to challenge us to battle again. I was determined to show her that it wasn't going to go her way this time. In this 2 v 2 battle we were easily able to overpower her and her allies (Though Vespa got one shot and Pachyseph took a lot of damage). Fighting the guardians seemed to be great training!

---Route 4---

Battled Cheren, who had also evolved. he had gotten tough incredibly tough very quickly and we struggled to bring him and his allies down. eventually pulled it off but had massive casualties. Decided my team needed even more variety to get by, and i didn't want to hurt Cal's feelings but he was becoming a bit of a liability. I didn't want to break the unspoken 6 pokemon rule, so i asked Cal if he wouldn't mind taking a break. He could go where and wanted and do what he wanted, if i ever needed him I'd whistle. He seemed a bit confused but went off on his own way regardless. Guess these guys aren't too fussed about traveling with me after all.

After that i befriended Tomistoma *AKA Tom* the Sandile (after Tomistoma Schlegelii the 'False Gharial') he had been chilling in the mud of the marshland and didn't take much convincing.

Pachyseph Evolved into a Rampardos while training our new ally Tom. And Pheo into Serperior

---Desert Resort and Relic Castle---

OOC: dont have much to say for these areas. Tom evolved here, as did Deino. But other than that dont feel like my marshland would have much here yet so we just trained here.

---Nimbasa City---

The marshland eventually petered out into more rocky terrain. N was waiting, a few of the thief grovyl behind him. We spent a long time staring at each other. I dont know what he was looking for, but i was searching for the tell-tell glint of my key. Suddenly N entered battle stance, and the glint of something metallic shone from underneath the fur on the back of its neck. The grovyl left as the battle started, but N's other friends crawled out of seemingly nowhere.

Despite being defeated, N had a fire in his eyes, he evolved into a Zoroark right in front of me. Now finally eye level he approached until we were nose to nose as if trying to tell me something. Then suddenly N grinned, produced my key in his claws before dashing off taunting me with his stolen goods as he ran.

Suddenly the air was filled with static electricity. I whipped my head around looking for the source. Six pokemon stood on the horizon, the energy coming off of the smallest one told me it was a guardian. The menacing glare i felt being sent my way also suggested that it had seen my battle with N and was not happy with the result. Guess they were one of his friends. With its warning heard loud and clear,
                        I was careful to keep a good distance between us until i felt ready to challenge the aggressor.

OOC: Grinding montage, though i hate grinding so after picking at this for maybe half an hour a day, got bored and challenged gym

We challenged Guardian Emolga to a heated battle, it was a 1v1 for a nice change of pace, though it didnt make the battle any easier. The opponents had excellent teamwork and utilized a lot of volt switches to tag in and out of. Seph and Vespa fell in battle, but overall we had a better time with the 4th guardian than we had the last 3. Defeating our foe on the first try was proof enough of that. Tom
                        evolved too so that was an added bonus.

Defeated, the Emolga panicked and fled. Lightning from the fight had burned its image onto some fragmented stone, i took it as souvenir for myself.

We rested at the spring, and were just about to move on to find N when Cheren challenged me again(he had evolved to his final form like Pheo). He was starting to seem desperate to win like he had at the beginning. We weren't going to let him, and he seemed to be growing more and more frustrated with each loss. After we all rested, i asked Cheren if he had seen N, he seemed thoughtful before indicating for us to follow him over the isthmus. The tide had been too high to cross back when we were training, but the land bridge was now accessible to all.

Pheo seemed to enjoy being able to travel with his old friend for a while. I'd have loved to being to relax like the rest of my friends but the thought of not being able to return home without that key kept me feeling too tense. Or perhaps the tense feeling in my shoulders was the result of the chill that was slowly settling in the further over the isthmus we got. Standing on the other side was a very large Excadrill (though unlike those back home, this one was covered in scales, and instead of steel coming from its head, it was rock filled with ore). It glared down at us with complete disdain before snorting and leaving. That somehow got Cheren riled up because he charged off all by himself completely forgetting about us.

---Driftveil City---

A gentle snowfall began to drift down from the skies as we began our search for clues about Zoroark, it explained the chill; though i couldn't tell if such weather was common for this area or if winter was approaching. I hoped it was the former, i really didn't want to end up stuck here over winter in my summer get-up. I'd freeze to death.

Without cheren's guidance my team and i were forced to split up in the hopes of finding tracks, hairs, anything really. The way forward wasn't massively obvious, the terrain was rocky and winding, with a fast flowing stream cutting through a lot of it.

Eventually, seemingly sick of us hanging around his territory, the large Excadrill sauntered over with the same look of disdain on his face that he had earlier. I barely had a chance to call for my friends as Excadrill lunged at me, i only just managed to stumble out of the way before Arc's menacing bulk appeared in front of me. He locked Excadrill into a grappling match as Deino helped me up. Realizing he had lost his chance, Excadrill managed to break the grapple and gain some distance. He yelled loudly and five other pokemon crawled out of the ground. I had no idea what N had told this guy (for who else could be behind this) but it seemed we had no choice but to engage the guardian.

It was a long exhausting battle but eventually the terrifying opponent was defeated. Excadrill's expression turned into a grin, despite his injury's he got up, tossed me a piece of shiny ore from his rocky hat before indicating for us to follow.

OOC: Excadrill was a brutal opponant. swords dance, earthquake, rock slide and x-scissor made him an expert in dismantling my team. despite owning 3 of his weaknesses we were ALL slower than him. Times defeated here: 4 ---on a side note, my partner noticed that Seph had god-awful stats(and moves) for a supposedly attack based pokemon and asked why i wasn't using one of the other 8 fossils i had in my inventory....hate to admit but he's raised an excellent point so ive backtracked to revive one. XD

I noticed Pachyseph was starting to show some reluctance to continue, he looked tired and incredibly uncomfortable with the increasing snowy weather. I allowed him to leave for climates more comfortable for him and like Cal, told him i'd whistle if he was in the area and i needed him. Thankfully i wasn't left a team member short for long, as we began to follow Excadrill to a mystery destination (his sudden mood turn about was a little unsettling) a young tirtouga slowly approached us from the direction of the river. Apparently she (yes, my first female companion!) had been watching our battle and was interested in joining us. I named her Archelon (After the extinct Ruler turtle, said to be the largest genus ever recorded) and begun her training right away.

Team:

Opheodrys lvl [email protected] seed
                        Adamant/Overgrow
                        Slam/Grass pledge/Giga drain/Leaf Blade

Vespa lvl [email protected] Claw
                        Quirky/Swarm
                        Poison jab/Focus energy/Cut/Twin needle

*Mandatory
                        Archelon lvl [email protected] helmet
                        Naive/Sturdy
                        Aqua jet/Ancient power/Crunch/Wide guard

Tomistoma lvl [email protected] Brace
                        Naughty/Moxie
                        Foul play/Strength/Crunch/Dig

Deinonychus lvl [email protected] claw
                        Jolly/Blaze
                        Slash/Fire Pledge/Flame burst/Fly

Sarcosuchus lvl [email protected] rock
                        Sassy/Torrent
                        Ice fang/Slash/Scald/Crunch

Completed Challenges

Quick Reply