• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC Revamp [thx for the feedback <3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
He's doing the same thing, you didn't tell him anything?
and like it's so much harder to use the prefixes..
But wow, whatever. Seems like the only people here that actually take ideas into consideration and look at them in any way are Twilight Blade and Kenshin.
I'll just stop posting suggestions and go back to my trading, I don't care what happens anymore, I was just pitching my ideas.

Nobody says that they do not take your ideas seriously. Based on your argument so far, it just seems that you think your idea is right and it is a must for this trade corner rather than just a suggestion

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I dunno if anyone else notices this or not. But there are threads that are over 10+ they meet the bare minimum but are just borderline Quick Trade Thread material. These threads in question don't even look like they have a potential for expanding into a shop, they aren't formatted like a shop or anything. They are mainly looking for a couple trades or dex fillers, which can be resolved in Quick Trade Thread like the ones that are lesser then 10+. So I was wondering would anyone be in favor of increasing the number of Pokemon it takes to have a thread from 10+ too something high at least 20+ or eliminate threads that are solely looking for dex fillers? Somebody may say well I am being overlooked in Quick Trade Thread. Well if we are going to move services out of there and either create a topic of it's own or meld it in with the other main services then that would free up space in Quick Trade Thread. Then this new Quick Trade Thread would be centered around Small Trades and Dex Fillers. Now I understand if a starting thread shop has less the 20+, but usually we can tell if something is a shop or not and is going to continue to grow into a bigger shop which they usually do.

johnny18

Years
I dunno if anyone else notices this or not. But there are threads that are over 10+ they meet the bare minimum but are just borderline Quick Trade Thread material. These threads in question don't even look like they have a potential for expanding into a shop, they aren't formatted like a shop or anything. They are mainly looking for a couple trades or dex fillers, which can be resolved in Quick Trade Thread like the ones that are lesser then 10+. So I was wondering would anyone be in favor of increasing the number of Pokemon it takes to have a thread from 10+ too something high at least 20+ or eliminate threads that are solely looking for dex fillers? Somebody may say well I am being overlooked in Quick Trade Thread. Well if we are going to move services out of there and either create a topic of it's own or meld it in with the other main services then that would free up space in Quick Trade Thread. Then this new Quick Trade Thread would be centered around Small Trades and Dex Fillers. Now I understand if a starting thread shop has less the 20+, but usually we can tell if something is a shop or not and is going to continue to grow into a bigger shop which they usually do.

I am in favor of eliminating the threads that are solely for dex fillers rather than increasing since increasing will not do much different. People who look for dex fillers can simply try to find the pokes they want from the QTT or ask the other shops to see if they have it or not.

Years
I am in favor of eliminating the threads that are solely for dex fillers rather than increasing since increasing will not do much different. People who look for dex fillers can simply try to find the pokes they want from the QTT or ask the other shops to see if they have it or not.

I agree on this one. Most dex filler threads usually contain everything that user has and is asking for all the rest. And thats a lot more than 10 or 20.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
While dex filler shops are annoying, I'm against the idea of banning them. However I am for increasing the requirements needed to open up a shop. 20+ offerings seems fair enough. Maybe even extending the requirements from EV/IV shops over to regular shops, but increasing the amount as well. 10+ with the owner's OT & ID.

johnny18

Years
While dex filler shops are annoying, I'm against the idea of banning them. However I am for increasing the requirements needed to open up a shop. 20+ offerings seems fair enough. Maybe even extending the requirements from EV/IV shops over to regular shops, but increasing the amount as well. 10+ with the owner's OT & ID.

How about we also increase the amount of the pokemons that are in the LF list to those who looks for dex fillers?
That's way we can make sure they will really look for certainly something to make a thread.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
Theres really not that much dex filling shops anymore as there used to be, I'm thinking of changing my shops name, but most of my shop is around dex filling, it does have its fair share of everything else though (DW, EV, Egg-Move, etc). I do agree with the idea of expanding the amount of Pokemon offering and looking for. Some threads just list some Pokemon they want and say they have lots to offer, similar to what kenshin5 said...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Whilst I am for the idea of increasing the Pokemon offering to a higher number. (15 Anyone? ;o;) I do think that banning dex filler shops is unfair. I do think that some sort of ruling stating that your shop must look presentable, I.e nice layouts, it doesn't have to be CSS but it would look nice.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Eliminating massive dex filler topics wouldn't really seem to practical as it would one thats looking for a small amount. The person would have to repost what they are looking for in Quick Trade Thread over and over and over again. I'm feeling 20-25 range, 30 at this point seems to be overdoing it. And wasn't there talk about somebody writing a guide on how to make a proper trade shop earlier in the topic? I think that would be helpfully along with the other guides suggested throughout the topic.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I'd like to throw my support behind increasing the number of Pokémon required for a trade thread and also increasing the number of Pokémon of your own ID/OT that you must be able to offer (excluding event trading threads, obviously).

Another suggestion just came to mind.
I think that if the Pokémon in your thread that you are offering are not your own, you must state its OT and ID. This will allow you to compare them to the Hacked list thread and also allow you to know where it came from.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm not against having people to post the ID/OT. But making it a "must" seems like it would be harder to enforce then what we were talking about not too long ago with the friend codes and suffixes.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
Yeah I don't think it should be necessary to include OT/ID for every Pokemon received in a trade, it'd be better but it's pointless to make it necessary.

and I agree with making the trade thread number a little higher, 10 seems a bit low, although then again, if someone is willing to trade at least 10 Pokemon, they seem like they are actually going to keep the shop and add more, and it'd save them from having to repeatedly post the 10 in the QTT till the trades are fulfilled.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I'm not against having people to post the ID/OT. But making it a "must" seems like it would be harder to enforce then what we were talking about not too long ago with the friend codes and suffixes.

I was thinking it could be something that could just be put in the rules and hope that people would follow it. ^_^;;
The only place I can see it being easily enforceable is in shops offering flawless Pokémon.
It'd be more like an unenforced rule. (Forgot to mention that :P)

and I agree with making the trade thread number a little higher, 10 seems a bit low, although then again, if someone is willing to trade at least 10 Pokemon, they seem like they are actually going to keep the shop and add more, and it'd save them from having to repeatedly post the 10 in the QTT till the trades are fulfilled.

Most people just post a list of the 10 'mons in the QTT and and get offered them by multiple people. It's possible to get those trades done with just one post if your offers are good enough :D

Also, I rechecked the rules and you only need 5 of your Pokémon of your own OT? That's waaaaaay too low. I could have sworn it was 10 (and I still wanted it to be raised).

johnny18

Years
Also, I rechecked the rules and you only need 5 of your Pokémon of your own OT? That's waaaaaay too low. I could have sworn it was 10 (and I still wanted it to be raised).
Really?
I thought the last time I check the rule, it is 10?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
@johnny18 Trade threads must have at least 10 Pokémon, this is regarding whether or not the Pokémon are yours
The Rules said:
Regarding IV/EV Shops...
At least 5 Pokémon offered must have your OT/ID. Filler Pokémon do not count.

Anyway, since there are already rules specific to IV/EV shops, the suggestion I posted above (trade shops must list OT/ID of Pokémon) could be specific to those shops and thus enforced fairly easily. (They were what I had in mind when making the suggestion)

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
A graveyard of threads isn't an option, it's an emergency!
Also, a thread for all services: Clone, check Hacks, EV training and more.
And TwilightBlade & Aurafire decide who are the people who will provide these services and put them in a directory or list.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
A graveyard of threads isn't an option, it's an emergency!
Also, a thread for all services: Clone, check Hacks, EV training and more.
And TwilightBlade & Aurafire decide who are the people who will provide these services and put them in a directory or list.
I'm not sure what you mean by the first part. But anyways we look at it having a bunch of locked topics or topics that are merged that retain their topic shadows clutters the forum up. So doing something about this is the only option(which is a main reason why this was brought up).

I don't think if we are going to do a single service topic that every single service would require a specific person to provide a service with things like trade backs, transfers, or other small services.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
I'm not sure what you mean by the first part. But anyways we look at it having a bunch of locked topics or topics that are merged that retain their topic shadows clutters the forum up. So doing something about this is the only option(which is a main reason why this was brought up).

I don't think if we are going to do a single service topic that every single service would require a specific person to provide a service with things like trade backs, transfers, or other small services.

Exactly, that's what I mean, isn't an option, is the solution ;)
And on second, it is impossible to create the thread of services and allow "free" as the QTT. I don't mean that one person gives a certain service, but that there is a directory of people of trust, to which the new, regular users and veterans can go if they need something. Or would you let a stranger clone your shiny Reshiram?
That's what I mean;)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Oh then I agree %100 on the first part.

And we have been discussing only having Hack Checkers and Cloners as ones listed within the topic. And other lesser ones aren't necessary.

And doesn't Reshiram have a shiny check O_o?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Look at all these ideas!

Thank you everyone for your participation. This is an honest to goodness opportunity to voice your opinion about changes you'd like to see in this section. Some ideas are stellar and some just aren't needed at the moment, true. It's better to be heard than to be silent.

Also, the sooner we iron out the kinks, the sooner we can reap from the benefits of change. Suggestions with much support and little opposition are likely to be in effect soon.

PokéSwimmer: If it's not a problem, you can prepare a guide for PPRNG. I don't know of a written guide for it because I don't use it.

dragonomega: I was hoping to include shop layout under the Helpful Guides thread.

DarkAlucard: The reason why a Hack Check + Clone sticky would be separate because 1. Hack Checking needs experienced users who can interpret the results and 2. If someone needs EV/Evolution/Tradeback/Poketranfer services, he can clone his Pokemon in advance, thus minimizing damages if the service provider scams. When he needs a Cloning service, he is giving up his last copy. The cloning thread is going to have "veteran" service providers and be regulated. No strangers. Hope this clarifies where we're going with this open-cloning idea. Open yet monitored. (I imagine that clients will post their needs and the official cloners can post if they can serve someone much like how I/blaQk did in the hack check thread). As for the reward for their service... I didn't ask for anything in return, but it's going to be up to the individual Official Cloner. An additional Misc Service Quick Sticky is still up for discussion. Right now it doesn't have much support.

If I mis-tallied, oops! Some of you guys aren't making your posts as clear as day

Overall Suggestions
Spoiler:

Not open for member discussion
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back