• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Korosu! (Update 7/23/16 6:20 PM ET)

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
My downs might be showing but cant seem to find rock smash or however to get into the cave near crono island

You're not supposed to find rock smash. You have an ally who may be able to help out with that rock.

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
So I'm in the Salone Crime House, I met Sofia and she said that "we have to escape but only the exit door is locked" I checked all the rooms for some way out, but theres this one room with a pokeball that you cant get. Can anybody help?

Edit: Found the key, but now im stuck again. I beat the 2 Salone Admins but there is no old man at the table

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
So I'm in the Salone Crime House, I met Sofia and she said that "we have to escape but only the exit door is locked" I checked all the rooms for some way out, but theres this one room with a pokeball that you cant get. Can anybody help?

The key is in a tree in one of the rooms.

is there any otherway to get this withought patching this? thanks.
Not now. It just came out today. Give patching a shot. I made it really simple by including lunar ips withit. I even wrote instructions.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
i really dont know how to patch this. This game looks good, and i really like to try this.

When you click the download link. It'll give you a .zip folder. Extract the files in that folder and you'll see the patch and a folder that contains Lunar .ips, a program that does the patching for you. You'll also see a .txt file(the one you can open in notepad), which will give you instructions on how to patch the game. If you follow the instructions, you should be fine.

Patching is pretty simple. It can take less than a minute to do if you know what you're doing.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
I've looked everywhere but I can't find the pokeflute. I already cleared the first two floors of the Salone House. Probably just blind but, any hints?

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I've looked everywhere but I can't find the pokeflute. I already cleared the first two floors of the Salone House. Probably just blind but, any hints?

The old guy to the top left in this screenshot.
screensht2_zpssctpjyor.png

Hes the guy(when you return) that gives you the pokeflute. Hes in the same spot.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
Pretty sure, but he isn't anymore and I know I haven't talked to him.

EDIT: He was there after I started a new game, he just isn't there when I return.

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024

If you can, can you check to make sure(if the guy is there in the beginning). I just need to know, so I can see if I can fix the problem.

EDIT:I saw your edit, give me some time. I need to look through the game to make sure I didn't make a mistake. From my testing, the old man never disappears. This may be an issue with the Fire Red ROM you patched or it could be something I did.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Hey Crizzle!

I'm glad I decided to check today to see if Korosu was released. I will definitely play through this hack and give you feedback when I finish it, as always. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 12, 2023
holy sh*t , the name "Crizzle" was just flashing before my eyes

so i have no choice but to f*cking check it out whatever it is cause its come from my favourite rom hacker !!!

and turn out it was another completed hack !! from my Favourite Crizzle to boost ... yay !

i was laughing like crazy and like the story so much i beat your other 2 hacks too fast , guess i should take my time for this one eh :D

thank you for all your hard work Crizzle :D , i just know this one is gonna be incredible just like the other 2 or maybe even better :V

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024

EDIT: He was there after I started a new game, he just isn't there when I return.

I found the bug that causes this!
It's completely an error on my part!(I mistype on letter in a script and it screwed up a future event). But long story short, if you choose to kill the psychic gang leader on Cape Brink, then the old man in the salone house disappears. (I typed flag 0x3A by mistake when I should have typed 0x3B).

Do not worry, I will make a new patch fixing it within the hour and update the first post to alert everyone. You won't have to start the game over. You'll just have to save outside of the 2nd floor (and keep your .sav file), then patch FR with the new patch.(Make sure your .gba and .sav file has the same name).

Of course, if you chose not to kill the psychic lady on capebrink, the bug would never occur. So yeah.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
edit:ok nvm

great hack!

btw there is unreachable item in one of the druggie room of the salone house...intentional?

Last edited:

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024

Hoe do you get past the snorlax at Outcast Island? I have searched for a long time and still couldn't find it
Could it be that there's a problem with the event in the building in Ruin Valley? I've beaten everyone and checked every part of the floor in the building but I can't find the Pokéflute. Would be great if anyone could help me out :/

I fixed the bug! Save your game outside of the 2nd floor of the Salone building. Delete your current Korosu rom BUT keep your .sav file(to keep your progress)! Patch a new FR ROM(.gba file). Make sure to give it the same name as the .sav file! And the old man who helps you advance in the game should appear. Let me know if it works.

Where's rock smash?
No rock smash in this game. Why? I hate it. I liked it in CAWPS but now I hate it.
There is a rock that blocks a cave on Resort Gorgeous but an ally helps you deal with it.

Back