• 2465 replies
  • Public Poll

Which battle facility in the Battle Frontier demo is your favourite?

N

Pocket Wanderer

Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
50 posts
265 Days
Came here just to thank the developers for this game. Ive been playling a good couple of hack roms on the last 2 years, i was lookin for a hack that make possible the pokemon and mechanics of post-gba games. And Unbound was the best hack to do that, with a great history, mission system, good chalenges, the chaleng, mini bosses that are inteligent, madin you have to change your whole team to get tru it. and you put the trainin houses to make it slow or fast, you have the choice to breed slow or find the real counter. the maps are creative, make you think on what youre doin, so many good aspects i didnt see elsewhere. thank you for that game, thank you afor that good job! frm brazil
I like seeing people replying a good feedback for this hack. Cz as for me this hack is the best GBA hack until now. I just can't wait for the costume box and Cube Corp...I hope Skeli can surprise me even more.
Also can anyone stop spamming the main post? It's not an easy thing for keep scrolling

N

Pocket Wanderer

Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
50 posts
265 Days
I like the idea of giving a Zorua/Zoroark as a monthly gift. As far as I'm aware, it's the only non-legend that's not obtainable at least once in the story. Although, something tells me that there's a reason the creator didn't include it yet, maybe for a future update?
Maybe there would be an event for Zoroark...maybe an event with N? :0.
I personally more like to see familiar face rather than new face...like when we meet Looker...its just surprising to see someone I've meet before in other game taking part in this great hack
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1 posts
8 Days
Is there any chance that this ROM hack will work smoothly on the latest, PUBLIC release of Delta 1.3 for iOS? I’m hoping it will considering there have been multiple Beta builds of Delta that were [not publicly] released in the past year+ and v.1.3 is the completed public release, including phenomenal emulators that seemingly run at full speed (likely device-dependent) for NES, SNES, GB/GBC, GBA, N64, & NDS.

This game looks absolutely beautifully made and I am very excited to play it, but I worry about issues I may face since the game itself gives a warning about using Delta emulator, amongst others, and says to “change emulators immediately” but doesn’t elaborate on why… I’d prefer not to use a different GBA emulator on my iPhone as this one outshines all others I’ve tried.

If I understand correctly based on the few mentions of Delta for iOS in this thread, the “problem” or bug with Delta emulator (in the past...?) is an RTC/“TRC” issue that never lets the game’s time advance or something like that, so it’s always 00:00:00 in-game? Or is it something else? I am testing it out and hopefully everything goes well since the mentions of Delta for iOS in this thread are from last year, except for one posted on March 28 of this year. I’m not sure which version of Delta this or other users have been using to run the game.

If anyone has some insight on the problem, please don’t hesitate to reply! I appreciate all responses related to this issue! Thank you! ☺️👍

Edit: It appears to work so far. The game knows how long I’ve been playing & the date and time are synced with that of my iPhone. I’m not sure what the problem is quite yet…

jastolze007

Male
Online now
Posted 7 Hours Ago
387 posts
4.3 Years
The RNG system like DS is so boring, i cant use resets to capturing pokémon because all battles are scripted, bad point of game =\
I don't view it as boring. I view it as an anti-cheat measure. One could even say that loading save states until you get the results you want is boring, because you will likely know the end result when using them. I think it's a necessary step to take, personally.
Male
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
37 posts
7.2 Years
Not exactly. Fixed RNG is even worse, everything scripted is pretty tedious. Most of the time, people like me use save states to avoid time waste; but with scripted rng is everything about the game "will". Its not possible to bear that if a pokemon is scripted to be not captured, yoiu must fail then. People dont want to waste entire life on doing a capture. Few days ago i ve tried to capture Celesteela; after a a pinch state, and inflict a lot of sleeping and use about 50 Ultra Balls its not acceptable that the pokemon was not captured. I wasted a lot of time pratically for nothing because the game wanted so. This is atrocious, expecially with mission that force you to capture pokemon instead of choice to capture or defeat (Portal Purge).
This game is basically perfect, full of stuff, but the legendary catch mission ruin the experience. I would bare the fixed rng if i can choice to just defeat the legendaries instead of feel forced to catch em all.
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
70 posts
4.1 Years
Not exactly. Fixed RNG is even worse, everything scripted is pretty tedious. Most of the time, people like me use save states to avoid time waste; but with scripted rng is everything about the game "will". Its not possible to bear that if a pokemon is scripted to be not captured, yoiu must fail then. People dont want to waste entire life on doing a capture. Few days ago i ve tried to capture Celesteela; after a a pinch state, and inflict a lot of sleeping and use about 50 Ultra Balls its not acceptable that the pokemon was not captured. I wasted a lot of time pratically for nothing because the game wanted so. This is atrocious, expecially with mission that force you to capture pokemon instead of choice to capture or defeat (Portal Purge).
This game is basically perfect, full of stuff, but the legendary catch mission ruin the experience. I would bare the fixed rng if i can choice to just defeat the legendaries instead of feel forced to catch em all.
You're literally saying it's bad because you can't cheat. Why don't you try using better balls than Ultra Balls? You might find it easier. Ultra Balls are one of the worst balls you can use to catch legends.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4 posts
63 Days
The lack of understanding RNG and imagining rightfully complaining about it is baffling.
If you don't know how RNG works, do some research.

As a quick explanation (I'm nowhere near an expert on ROM hacking or scripting, rather an educated guesser with light programming knowledge), RNG (or rather PRNG) is never truly "random". Each game and engine has its own mechanic on calculating or seeding possible outcomes, utilizing system time, button presses, or other inputs. If you know the factors, RNG is perfectly predictable as it is just math.
If you are complaining about fights being the same using save states, its because you don't give the RNG anything new to calculate. The seed just stays the same.

If anyone wants to try it, save state before talking to a trainer, battle them, observe critical hits or status moves (anything lucky). Reload the state, wait a bit or walk around, pressing random buttons. Then battle again and you will notice an entirely different outcome.

So, make sure you know what you are talking about before showing you don't.

On a different note, anyone using a Krookodile with Power Trip?
I leveled a Krokorok (for the boosted EXP) and evolved it around level 60, assuming Power Trip is an evolution move. It didn't learn it, however.
The Move Maniac doesn't show it either and pumping Rare Candies in it to test until level 100, it never learned it.

Is Power Trip not included in this hack? An enemy in Thundercap Mt. is supposed to have one with Power Trip, so I'm puzzled.
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2 posts
55 Days
The game is fantastic. The folk who worked on it went above and beyond. Granted I’ve only played up to Gen 5 in the main series, but this is at least the second best Pokemon game I’ve played. I guess nostalgia keeps Gold/Silver in first place.

Personally, my only major gripe is how the elite four cheat. Re-battling the dragon and ghost trainer on expert can be frustrating. I can’t land a hit on the dragon tamer as my mons always flinch thanks to rock slide, and the ghost trainer’s Pokémon cheat by gaining an extra ability effectively (Multiscale). Not to mention the full restores. Also your PP get absolutely wrecked, and I can’t see anywhere to buy Elixirs to compensate. Basically impossible to take them on without a legendary Pokemon or two.

Thanks to the dev and anyone who’s helped him about. It is a masterpiece of a ROM hack.
Seen 56 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
59 posts
1.9 Years
If anyone wants to try it, save state before talking to a trainer, battle them, observe critical hits or status moves (anything lucky). Reload the state, wait a bit or walk around, pressing random buttons. Then battle again and you will notice an entirely different outcome.
The problem is probably that real gen 1-3 games did not use rng in this way. In gen 1-3 you could savestate before each ball throw, load, throw again, and get different results. Or use less than 100% accuracy moves and just load if it failed. It started with the DS games to behave the way it is in this hack. If someone never played DS games, or never on an emulator that supports savestates, that behavior is certainly surprising.
So this mechanic was changed from the game this hack is patched upon, for the better or worse, that's still the devs' decision.

Not to mention the full restores. Also your PP get absolutely wrecked, and I can’t see anywhere to buy Elixirs to compensate.
From what I've read, for farming your best bet is to wait for (or save before midnight and reload until you get one) a Mr. Mime swarm, they can carry Leppa berries.