• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Lucy's Rainbow Wedlocke Challange

Years
I have decided to play with a twist to a typical Wedlocke challenge that was thought of by Marriland. This challenge uses the natures of pokemon to dictate who they are to be paired with.

Rules:
Standard nuzlocke rules apply (so if a mon faints it is considered dead, all must be nicknamed, dupes clause etc.)
Nickname theme will be from the Descendants franchise and Disney heroes/villains/sidekicks.
Rainbow Rules:
Pairing is based on gender and nature. Natures indicate the preference of said mon.
Natures are shuffled at the start of the run. 8 natures are 'opposites' and can only be paired with the opposite gender (counts as any for genderless Pok?mon); 6 natures are 'male only' and can only be paired with males; 6 natures are 'female only' and can only be paired with females; 3 natures are 'any' and can be paired with anything, even genderless; 2 natures are 'none' aka 'ace' and these cannot be paired with anything but other aces and compatible genderless pokemon although any pair can swap into an ace pokemon in battle (but an ace cannot switch out)
Compatibility clause: when getting a first encounter in the wild, if its gender means it cannot be paired with a pokemon in your party needing a partner, it can be ignored. (If the caught pokemon's preference renders it incompatible I will still catch it and put it in the PC until either a mon dies or I find another pokemon of the same preference).

I will be going through all the generations playing Fire Red, HeartGold, Emerald, Diamond, White, Y, Moon. I will be starting with HeartGold.

For HeartGold, here are the list of natures and preferences
Opposites:
Calm
Sassy
Naughty
Quirky
Mild
Hardy
Niave
Rash

Male only:
Quiet