• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[YGO] Perfecting Rage Quits - Perfect Agents (March 2013)

Years

Perfect Agents

So, with Advanced Ritual Art going to 2 (which I am extremely happy about), I have dusted off one of the best ritual monsters in the game and build the deck with the Agent engine.

The deck has been testing amazingly with a 8/10 win ratio, going up against Macro Rabbit, Mermails, Fire Fists, Chaos Dragons, Prophecy/Spellbook and more. I tested it for 3 hours yesterday with my mate against different decks and it was really running smoothly. This and evilswarms are likely to be my decks for the format.

So without further-a-do, here is the deck list.

Monsters (25):
x3 Hearld of Perfection
x1 Gyakutenno Megami
x1 Dunames Dark Witch
x3 Mystic Shine Ball
x3 Master Hyperion
x2 Archlord Kristya
x3 The Agent of Creation - Venus
x2 The Agent of Mystery - Earth
x3 Herald of Orange Light
x3 Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
x1 Honest

Spells (13):
x2 Advanced Ritual Art
x2 Dark Factory of Mass Production
x2 Pot of Duality
x2 Preparation of Rites
x1 Dawn of the Herald
x1 Dark Hole
x1 Heavy Storm
x1 Monster Reborn
x1 Pot of Avarice

Traps (3):
x3 Safe Zone

Deck Total: 40

Extra (15):
x1 Armory Arm
x1 Ally of Justice Catastor
x1 Magical Android
x1 Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
x1 Ancient Sacred Wyvrn
x1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
x1 Blackrose Dragon
x1 Stardust Dragon
x1 Scrap Dragon
x2 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
x1 Number 96: Dark Mist
x1 Radiant Photon Paradios
x1 Gagaga Gunman
x1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

So, going over some of the cards:

The normals (3 Shine ball, 1 Gyakutenno Megami and 1 Dunames Dark Witch)
The reason for running the 3, 1, 1, is because it adds consistency and doesn't leave me with dead draws as much. Running 2 Megami was so cloggy, I didn't like it. With Duames in there, I could always ARA into that and a shine ball, which I have done if needed too.

Master Hyperion at three?!
Yes, Hyperion at three. Hyperion gives the opponent such a headache and having it at three with 5 'The Agent' targets might seem cloggy, but at the end of the day, it is food for Perfection. It has worked amazingly at three and won't change.

Herald of Orange Light at three?!
Same mentality as Hyperion at three, but with some differences. Orange is a tuner, which most forget at times, so I have the option to make synchro plays. It is also FOOD FOR PERFECTION! XD

Preparation of Rites at two?
Yes, this card is amazing, but I found three to be annoying. I have been testing two and three back and forth and two has just been more consistent for me.

DAWN OF THE HERALD AT ONE?! YOU MAD!
Not mad at all. It is a great ritual card, yes, but with ARA at 2, it isn't that needed now. Also, with Preparation of Rites, if I choose not to banish the card to get a monster back, I can reuse it. I found 1 to be easier to use and less cloggy, as I can easily search for it if I need it.

Safe Zone
Ahhh Safe Zone. With these types of builds, traps are very low. I have been going back and forth between Safe Zones and Royal Decrees. I decided, in testing, Safe Zone gave me more options and I have moved the 3 Royal Decrees to the side. Safe Zone allows me to punish my opponent if they decide to blind MST into my backrow. It also makes Perfection, basically, impossible to kill. :3

Last edited:
Years
Be aware of Breakthrough Skill as without Safe Zone, that will shut down your Herald for the turn (second effect of Breakthrough Skill). I think it's a popular side deck choice for people so yeah games two and three watch out for it.

Years
Haven't had a problem with Breakthrough Skill, as I can just negate it!

Also, updated the first post with the deck profile video I have on my YT channel.​

Years
As long as the card activates (and it isn't a counter trap or says it can't be negated) Herald of Perfection can negate it! :3​

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
You can't negate Breakthrough Skill's second effect with Herald. Note the wording: "when your opponent activates a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect:" - you are allowed to negate Spell Cards, Trap Cards, or monster effects' activations. You are, however, not able to negate the activation of a Trap Card's effect (for example, Appropriate or Royal Oppression), which includes the secondary effect of Breakthrough Skill, so you're out of luck on that one.

Years
I have had several judges rule that I can negate it with Herald, as the second effect activates. You banish it as a cost to activate the effect.

Appropriate or Royal Oppression are continuous effects once they have activated. Breakthrough Skill doesn't work in the same way.

I have done it on YGOpro and DN and people agreed...​

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Hmmm... okay, if you say so, though the wording still doesn't convince me particularly well since you remove Breakthrough Skill to activate an effect, not the card itself (much like Skill Successor, for example). The (only) answer you got in the pojo thread you posted seems to support this, but the guy isn't ness00 (or, you know, a judge), so...

Back