• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Done with my Crobat solo. I'll start my Meganium solo today on SoulSilver while I work on my Gastrodon solo on Pearl.

Team Blissy (Final)
Spr_4h_169.png

Sir Swoop (Crobat) Lv. 85 @ Expert Belt
Nature: Serious
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Fly, Giga Drain, Confuse Ray, Sludge Bomb​

HM Slaves
Totodile (Cut, Surf, Whirlpool)
Lugia (Waterfall)
Snorlax (Rock Climb)​

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
Hello all! I am about to start the ultimate solo challenge.
I am going to use the squirtle family, I will be playing through pokemon brown then shiny gold X after that. I will update ya'll on my progress.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
I'm going to do a Beldum/Metang/Metagross solo run on Firered.
Never did a solo run before, so this should be a challenge ^^

Last edited:
Years
Well, I've had a rather large break from solo challenges, but I've decided to come back. The break was mostly because I felt that I wanted to do it with a pokemon that has not been done 'much' before, and also one of my favourites - Farfetch'd.

This thing gets Swords Dance at just level 23! Made Red an absolute breeze, especially considering crit mechanics and Slash.

Furthermore, I'm going to do this as an Ultimate Solo, so onto Gold now.

Please note: Yes, I have had to and will continue to hack Farfetch'd in early on, the first route.

Anyway, summary for Red:
-Brock: Easy enough, Sand Attack/Leer, and then Peck for the win
-Misty: 2x Swords Dance (SD), then Fury Attack
-Lt Surge: Body Slam
-Erika: Peck
-Koga: 3x SD, Body Slam
-Blaine: 2x SD, Slash
-Sabrina: Slash
-Giovanni: 3x SD, Body Slam for Rhyhorn/Rhydon, Slash for rest

-Lorelei: 3x SD, Max Potion, Body Slam
-Bruno: 3x SD, Body Slam for Onixes, Fly for rest
-Agatha: 3x SD, Fly for everyone (couple of Confuse Rays from her)
-Lance: 3x SD, Full Restore (Gyarados used 2 Hyper Beams), Body Slam
-Rival: 3x SD, Body Slams for Rhydon, Slash for rest, Fly for Venusaur

83.png

Leek the Farfetch'd
level 73
Fly
Swords Dance
Body Slam
Slash
212/153/138/145/139

Squirtle - Surf/Strength HM Slave
Oddish: Cut HM Slave

NOTE: I only attached screenies for Giovanni and Rival final victories, Farfetch'd Stats and an extra fun one

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2013
Add me in the running as I start my Eevee-only ULTIMATE run, I will be playing FR, SS, E, D, B.

I will be hacking in an Eevee with egg moves as per the rules.

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
I'm gonna need to chat with whomever regulates this challenge, be they Mod or OP. Does anybody know who to ask about problems?

Years
Well, Gold is complete with Leek II the Farfetch'd.

Pretty easy for the most part, struggled slightly against Red's Charizard (critted me with Flamethrower the first 6 times). Unfortunately, I think I've reached the end f my entusiasm for Farfetch'd. I can see why so few people use him, there is almost no variety to his moveset and it had the same method every time - Swords Dance and go. Just brute force.

So while this won't be an ultimate Challenge (for now at least), I've attached some screenies - Lance, Red and then stats.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Is it bad to say I have already started this with no progress? I went off of the old thread's rules, not knowing there was a new thread :/ well anyway, I know someone has used this already, but its my second favorite poke, Arcanine, I'm playing FR and I am currently in Giovanni's gym.....well, I'll keep going I guess!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I was doing ultimate, but its in my sig, anyway more progress.....

Quickly after demolishing Giovanni, I defeated Blue and cleared Victory Road. after a small intermission ( Item buying ) I proceeded to wreck all of the E4 and the champion, Blue on the first try!

Endgame stats:
Everblaze
Arcanine level 76
Adamant
-Bite
-Flame Wheel
-Dig
-Double-Edge
HM Slaves: Oddish, Flash/cut and Snorlax Surf/Strength

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2013
Just a quick question, am i allowed to catch a full party as long as I don't use them in battle? Like is it okay to have my Eevee and 5 pick-up-meowths? The PP ups... so scrum-diddly-umptious...

Years
Just a quick question, am i allowed to catch a full party as long as I don't use them in battle? Like is it okay to have my Eevee and 5 pick-up-meowths? The PP ups... so scrum-diddly-umptious...

Personally I see no issue, as we all have to use HM slaves anyway. The only thing you need to worry about is that you can't use them in battle - like for example if your Eevee is to faint, you shouldn't switch to one of your meowths to Revive him/her.

In any run of Ruby/Sapphire, I have as many Zigzagoons as possible haha

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I beat the elite four, this would have been completed faster if I was using VBA.:P:P

Anyways, here is my Pokemon.

Gengar Lv.83
Psychic, Thunderbolt, Mega Drain, Mega Punch

Next, Crystal.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Update on my firered solo run (with Beldum/Metang/Metagross):

Didn't have very much time yet, but next week I will have more. I defeated Brock after long training and with much Take Down's and Struggle's (struggle was better, lol).

Trained Beldum until he evolved in Metang, then trained Metang until he learned Pursuit so I could defeat Misty (Starmie's water pulse was really strong, and I got confused far too often)

Went directly to Lt. Surge (already defeated whole S.S. Anne before Misty to train), and he was much easier than Misty. Confusion was too strong for his pokemon.

My team right now:
Metang lvl 34
Confusion/Take Down/Metal Claw/Pursuit

Ch'ding lvl 8 (Farfetch'd from a ingame trade) (HM Slave)
Peck/Sand Attack/Cut

I'm thinking about changing this normal solo run to an ultimate solo run, I will post if I will do that or not after defeating the elite four.

Last edited:
Years
Umm I didnt see a certain way to sign up but im gonna go for the ultimate solo challenge with dratini
I will be doing FR,E,SS,P.
And "Thank you,OP"
And I chose Dratini because i feel it will be a near impossible challenge to complete :)

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Done with my Gastrodon solo. Yup, I went with East Sea. Anyway, for my next Solo Challenge will be a run with Budew. No Roserade...yet. This will be my first solo run with a fully unevolved Pokemon, so I'll likely post common updates since I may do some grinding. Although, I may just update the same style I have been for the past few solo runs.

Team Blissy (Final)
Spr_4d_423E.png

Josh (Gastrodon) Lv. 66 @ Nothing
Nature: Calm
Ability: Sticky Hold
Final Stats: 234/121/106/141/151/91
Moves: Surf, Recover, Earthquake, Body Slam​

HM Slaves
Grotle (Rock Smash, Cut)
Starly (Fly, Defog)
Bibarel (Strength, Waterfall, Rock Climb)​

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I started Gold version,
got my totodile, which I used later as a HM slave
Caught my growlithe, which I named BraveHeart
Cleared Sprout Tower, gym one, two, three, for, five, and six, finished the Team Rocket fiasco, and I benchmarked at the seventh gym
Day one progress noted

Pokemon Progress:
BraveHeart
Growlithe Level 43
- Bite
- Take Down
- Flame Wheel
- Dig

HM Slaves Totodile:Surf, Cut and Tauros: Strength

Also, I would like to start a regular solo on Fire Red with Arbok, evolving from Ekans

Last edited:
Years
Kanto Update For My Dratini:
When i received my Dratini from professor Oak, It only knew wrap and leer so i did some heavy training in the viridian forest until it learned twister around level 16. I challenged Brock and pulled off a stunning victory. I blew threw Mt. Moon and defeated Misty with mt dragon rage. Now on to LT. Surge.

I currently have a lets play on it. Link to it is in my sig. if your interested

bctincher15

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I started Crystal and I saved after beating Erika.

Gengar Lv.67
Shadow Ball, Psychic, Confuse Ray, Fire Punch

Lewy

Retired Champion
Years
This is a bit late since ive already completed firered but anyway
Pokemon: Scizor
Games:FR, SS, E, Pt, W

Firered:
Scizor Lv83
Silver Wind, Slash, Steel Wing, Aerial Ace

bctincher15

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I beat red on Crystal and it was pretty easy because of Gengar's high special attack.

Gengar Lv.94
Shadow Ball, Psychic, Fire Punch, Confuse Ray

Next up, Sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back