• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
pointerproblem.png

That keeps appearing on a few maps, and i'm not sure where/what I would search to fix it. I'm using an Emerald (E) rom.

How do I fix it?

Slawter666

Search for the given value in your ROM and turn it into a point.

In this case, search for 10 66 48 [S-HIGHLIGHT]00[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (Reversed address of what you posted). And change the highlighted bit to 08.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
I am sorry, but I'm having trouble finding information on this subject by myself. Where can I learn more about hex editing for Fire Red? (such as hex locations of different data and whatnot)

The best thing to do is google something like pokemon fire red hex offsets, though I have yet to find a list with everything on it, I beleive there is still alot more to figure out about what alot of the offsets are for.

How do I make a Pokeball item that disappears after I obtain it? I tried looking in the guide in XSE but it doesn't load for me and I need help. I got it to work for the 3 Pokeball scripts I made for the 3 starters but I can't get it to work for items.
Post the starters script and what you have for the items and I will look at it.

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
What is the most user friendly/easiest scripting program (for FireRed)? and where can i find a tutorial for it?

gaiaruler

New Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2015
XSE

for some reason when i write a script in XSE then compile it then looking at it again it says:

'----------
#org 0x80005F

Can anyone help?

(I would put pictures but i need 15 posts)

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphate5
Ok... I changed all the TMs with Item Manager. Including changing Water Pulse into Muddy Water. Then I beat Juan in Emerald and got TM03, booted it up, and it was still water pulse. I taught it to Gyarados, and it was still Water Pulse. I went back to Item Manager, and it said TM 03 was now Muddy Water. YAPE says the same thing in the TM compatibility section. So... what's the problem?

Bumping my question. I wonder why all my questions get drowned out.

Argh! Drowned out again. Can anyone actually answer this question?

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
Hey, i don't think this deserves its own thread so i'll post it here.

Whats the easiest/Least time consuming way of inserting a Fakemon's sprites into a pokemon game, OVER an existing pokemon?
Like what tools etc. do i need, because i've seen a few ways of doing it and i can't say i'm too confident with it..

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
Search for the given value in your ROM and turn it into a point.

In this case, search for 10 66 48 [S-HIGHLIGHT]00[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (Reversed address of what you posted). And change the highlighted bit to 08.

Thanks

I tried searching for it in cygnus free edition but it comes up string not found, i presume i'm still doing something wrong...do i need to use something different than a hex editor or am i just using it wrong?

Also if i get this problem again will I always have to change the 00 to 08 or would it be something else?

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Hey, i don't think this deserves its own thread so i'll post it here.

Whats the easiest/Least time consuming way of inserting a Fakemon's sprites into a pokemon game, OVER an existing pokemon?
Like what tools etc. do i need, because i've seen a few ways of doing it and i can't say i'm too confident with it..
Search for the Advance Tools and then look up a tutorial, that set is the best, well in my opinion that is.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Thanks

I tried searching for it in cygnus free edition but it comes up string not found, i presume i'm still doing something wrong...do i need to use something different than a hex editor or am i just using it wrong?

Also if i get this problem again will I always have to change the 00 to 08 or would it be something else?

You should be searching for a value, not a string.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Where can I learn how to make my own tools for Fire Red? I have been searching all over Google and Pokecommunity with little luck, and I'm about to rip my hair out..

What I know: (very little)
Use Visual Basic

What I would like to know:
Code for loading the ROM
Different Data locations in the ROM (pokemon info, names, text, etc.)
Overwriting data to the ROM

Help will be very appreciated! Thanks

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
when i use unLZ.GBA & try 2 change my sprite 2 one i made it gives me a message saying:
ERROR:Image not indexed
how do i fix this 2 add my custom sprites i made.

Years
Okay, if this has already been answered, could someone direct me to an answer?
I know these are extremely basic questions, but I'm pretty new to this.

I'm making a PokeMon Red hack based on my comic, but it'll be a pretty basic text and graphics only edit.

I need these three questions answered, if possible:
-How do you make Pokemon that are available in the wild in Blue available in the wild in Red?
-What is a good hex editor for R/B/Y?
-How can I change Overworld sprites?

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Okay, if this has already been answered, could someone direct me to an answer?
I know these are extremely basic questions, but I'm pretty new to this.

I'm making a PokeMon Red hack based on my comic, but it'll be a pretty basic text and graphics only edit.

I need these three questions answered, if possible:
-How do you make Pokemon that are available in the wild in Blue available in the wild in Red?
-What is a good hex editor for R/B/Y?
-How can I change Overworld sprites?

-For wild pokemon I think you can find some tools in the Toolbox, or, if you want to use hex editor, you should find the "wild pokemon" data starting from address $D0E0 (here's a guide, written by Philip Reuben: http://www.romhacking.net/docs/%5B73%5Dchangewildpokemon.htm);

-My favorite hex editors are Hexecute (1st place) and Hex Workshop (2nd place);

-You can easily edit Overworld sprites using a tile editor (i suggest Tile Layer Pro, or TileMolester)

EDIT:
For wild pokemon editing, look also here:http://skeetendo.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=toolz&action=display&thread=41

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
You should be searching for a value, not a string.

ummm, how? I tried searching using all the different options in hex workshop but it still keeps coming up string not found. Then i tried going to the offset and it took me to it but there were just a load of 00s. I'm really confused...and i feel really stupid. (how can I fail using a search function) :(

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2010
Is there a Tool on which you can edit the moves, name and type of a Pokemon for the third-generation games?
I remember downloading one like that before but, I've got a new computer and I can't remember the name of the tool...
Could someone post a link towards which thread it is in?

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Is there a Tool on which you can edit the moves, name and type of a Pokemon for the third-generation games?
I remember downloading one like that before but, I've got a new computer and I can't remember the name of the tool...
Could someone post a link towards which thread it is in?

Use YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor). It's in the toolbox, it's not too hard to find.

Does anyone know the RAM offset for the LASTRESULT variable for pokemon ruby? It's not really directly related to scripting, so I posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back