• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Showdown 1v1 RMT

NostalgiaFreak

That one Trainer
Years
I have really taken a liking to 1v1 on Showdown. It's fun and lets me do many quick matches in a sitting. Recently, I noticed that people were using this pokemon to troll:
:t235:
Smeargle@Focus Sash
EV Spread: 252 Spe (The rest is filler)
Hasty Nature
-Spore
-Imprison
-Transform
-Filler move here.

You just set up spore, and then imprison and transform. You just watch the other guy struggle to death. Pretty rage inducing for your opponent.

But I think I have found another setup for this pokemon that might actually be good:
Smeargle@Focus Sash
EV Spread:252 Hp/252 Atk/4 sAtk
Hasty or Lonely nature
-Counter
-Mirror Move
-Rain Dance (Or whatever you want)
-Ice Shard

Since most people are going to hit it first, let it, and Mirror coat or Counter.Since Smeargle has 318 hp when he fights, he can counter or mirror with 634 Hp damage. As in, this thing will murder. Ice Shard if for taking care of anyone who has the sash.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I would suggest getting protect/detect in there somewhere so you can dodge those fake-outs. If your new set comes across a fake-out user or a skill link user, it's pretty much over. As far as priority goes, I would suggest extreme speed over ice shard as Smeargle isn't very fast so extreme speed will help out with normal priority moves.

NostalgiaFreak

That one Trainer
Years
I use Ice Shard so I can hit any type, but I'll take your suggestion on Extremespeed. I think taunt is better than Detect/protect because it lets me kill other troll pokemon.

Back