• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [T] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Frozen Gate [*Burp*]

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
You'll be able to see (and reply to) the Google Doc and see the Skype chat when you're accepted into the RP!

As for your character I would like to see the SU, yes. Please keep in mind the requirements listed on the first page. As for your character being a Xatu I'm not sure if I can approve based on what you gave me. It's odd for a 'mon that doesn't have a lot of fighting experience to evolve without a stone of some sort. I can talk it over with our other GM to see how it might work, but for now just go with Natu. Natu's in the games and series may not look old, but this is an RP. You could easily describe an aged looking Natu. As for their connection with clairvoyance we can talk that out too

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years

Quetzalli
The Oracle

lzJyqeL.jpg

Gold Pilot Extended
Escape Goat 2 playlist
Flare - Green Sun
Seclusion

[h2][/h2]

⌠ Age and Experience. ⌡

Her eyes and feathers show evidence of old age.

Most of her life has been spent using her powers to protect others - foreseeing dangerous events in time to make preparations, or using psychic abilities to lend protection.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Personality. ⌡

When she opts to remain quiet, the Natu can give off a mysterious air.

When she does speak, it's clear that years of experience and visions have blessed her with wisdom and ethics. She speaks evenly, with forethought, rarely raising her voice. She can even come across as a caring old lady, concerning herself with everyone's well-being.

Occasionally, a smile will play across her oft-pensive face.

In fact, it's not unheard of for the old bird to prod others with teasing that only an old lady can get away with.​

2hc4Riz.png

[h2][/h2]

⌠ Psychic Abilities. ⌡

Augury - Quetzalli has a vision that may depict past or future events.

Scrying - Quetzalli sees visions of what has happened to the target object/Pokémon in the past, or what may happen in the future.

Small Prophecies - Quetzalli glimpses a moment of the near future, and may use this knowledge in the near future to improve her reaction, her odds of survival, her accuracy, etc.

Mark of Vision - Quetzalli connects to another Pokémon's mind to perceive the world with their senses from their perspective.

Illusionary Senses - Quetzalli stimulates another Pokémon's brain, tricking the brain into feeling touches or seeing things that aren't real.

Telekinesis - Quetzalli moves an object or Pokémon with her mind, causing them to "float."

Telepathy - Quetzalli projects her voice into other's minds. She can sometimes read thoughts as well.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Combat Ability. ⌡

Lucky Chant - Quetzalli chants an incantation toward the sky, protecting her and her allies from critical hits for five rounds.

Peck - Quetzalli flies in the air, then hammers and jabs her beak into a foe.

Psyshock - Quetzalli gains psychic access to her opponent's mind, and tricks their brain into experiencing debilitating pain even though they are under no bodily harm. Psyshock inflicts physical damage, despite being classified as a special move.

Teleport - Quetzalli disappears from one location and reappears in another, so long as she can accurately envision her destination (e.g. through previous memorization or line-of-sight).

Magic Bounce - Quetzalli's ability allows her to psychically repel and reflect status moves. e.g. a move that would lower her defence, or put her to sleep.​

VbSDfKF.jpg
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Background. ⌡

Whether it was the Guilds, the Expedition Society, or just around town, it's likely you've heard this rumour, murmured between Pokémon.
Whenever the topic of the uncertain future comes up, someone will inevitably bring it up...

Rumours of an old bird who lives by herself on a rocky cliff.

Rumours that she could see into the future with her right eye,
and into the past with her left.

Rumours that remain alive to this day.

These rumours were not unfounded. It seemed this old Natu was gifted with abilities not only psychic, but precognitive. And she refuses to misuse such a gift - believing it is her duty to use the gift Mother Mew has given her to protect others.

Truthfully though, she was happy about the rumours. Most of them depicted her as a mysterious elderly bird with astounding precognitive abilities. Few knew her by name, but instead by the rumour.

And without those rumours, no one would know of her, would they? She would just be a lonely old lady letting her ability go to waste.

Members of the Guild, or of the general Poké-populace would seek her out now and again, for her wisdom or for her talent of seeing events both past and future.

In time, they asked her to join the Guild, to fill a position of Oracle,
as she always had been to them unofficially. This is where we join her now, in the present day.

Her premonitions are one of their biggest defences against disasters, both natural and criminal.
Though she would also tell the pasts and futures of more personal queries.

She is usually addressed as Oracle or The Oracle.
Those who know her well, use her real name.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Childhood and Middle Age. ⌡

As a child, Quetzalli often used her precognition to cheat. Schoolwork, games, what have you. Sneaking peeks into the future even as a young chick proved to be an advantage she would often use unfairly, during the folly of youth.

Only as an adult did her ability to look into the past materialize, and at this point she worked as a historian for the Keepers Guild. Quetzalli loved this job, it suited her so well and she found it very fulfilling. She worked together with a dear teammate in the Artisans Guild, an artistic Dwebble who loved to carve. To this day, Quetzalli lives in a dome-shaped clay house carved by that Dwebble, and keeps many pots and sculptures made by her, to decorate said home.

But her temptation to cheat lingered, and she used it in the world of gambling. She was a clever bird, using her clairvoyance subtly to glimpse moments of the future of these gambling games, cheating the system in order to win. After being caught one too many times at each of the small gambling games around town, she was banned from each one. The Keepers Guild frowned upon this news, and asked her to resign. With her old way of life lost, Quetzalli chose to change her lifestyle, becoming a fortune teller and soothsayer for anyone who would visit.

She honed her craft during this time, and eventually, she was asked to see the future for a member of nobility, Jun Unfezant.
Telling him of his future is her biggest regret to this day.
As soon as she foretold a vision that disagreed with him - a vision of his defeat by the hands of a boy - Jun Unfezant went into a flurry, sending his warriors to kill this threat before it killed him. The casualities were heavy, and so is this memory on Quetzalli's mind.

Though Jun is now out of the picture, and Quetzalli lives on her own now, she is still wary of how others may react to her foretellings. She reminds herself she must always consider how any Pokémon may react and change the future, if she tells them what she has envisioned. She must act not only as a clairvoyant, but as a wise moral figure as well.​

k4nHnBb.png

[h2][/h2]

⌠ Goals. ⌡

Quetzalli does not actively seek any enemy Pokémon's defeat.
Ideally, she'd like to see peace between any two groups of conflict.

Protecting her "kin" is foremost on her mind, and if that means neutralizing a threat that looms in the near future, so be it.

Quetzalli has accomplished much she's proud of in her long life, though she still has one main life goal she'd like to attain, and soon: evolution. She feels that the form of a Xatu would befit her age, experience, and abilities much more.

She reminds herself she must always consider how any Pokémon may react and change the future, if she tells them what she has envisioned. She must act not only as a clairvoyant, but as a wise moral figure as well. Her decisions on how to react to the future that she's foreseen, may well end up changing the future.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Religion and Spirituality. ⌡

Quetzalli subscribes to the Mewish faith, a belief that Mew is the Mother of all Pokémon (and that Arceus only created the universe, not its lifeforms).

This faith emphasizes nurturing, protection, peace, and to some extent learning.

Her religious demeanour: Somewhat tolerant, occasional expression of beliefs, rare conversion, humble attitude​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Hobbies and Handicaps. ⌡

Hobbies: Fortune telling (obviously), philosophizing, reading, storytelling,
music and art appreciation, antiques, and oddly enough, gambling.

Oddities: Superstition, exaggeration, and eavesdropping.

Handicaps: One of the most obvious handicaps Quetzalli has is her age. She's old. Old enough that her body can fail to keep up with young people. Her mind is exceptional, but time has taken its toll on her body.

She's also a bird, which means telekinesis is the only way she has to hold onto things, unless she uses her talons, which seems to be frowned upon by some.

Speaking of being frowned upon. Some Pokémon choose ignorance over education, leading to ugly misconceptions about the Xatu's precognitive abilities.

Finally... as wise as she is, she has not gotten over her temptation to use her visions to cheat.​
[h2][/h2]

⌠ Core Traits. ⌡

Primary motivators:
Moodiness:
Outlook:
Integrity:
Impulsiveness:
Agreeableness:
Interactivity:
Boldness:
Conformity:

Peace, protection, understanding, wisdom
Calm, even-tempered
Hopeful, slightly optimist
Honest, responsible
Controlled, thoughtful
Warm, yet...
Reserved
Cautious
Freethinking​

OOC:
Spoiler:

Kikpanther

Years
Sorry for the wait! School keeps me busy. You'll have an answer by the end of the weekend. :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 29, 2020
bJnVVql.png

Full Credit Goes to the artist pokesafari

Name: Hal
Species: Ralts

What makes you a fabulous new addition to our team?

Hal can be quite Shy, but is determined to be the strongest Pokemon. He makes it his job to make sure that everyone he likes is well looked after, mentally and physically (though he may not be that good at the latter). Hal always try's to stay really positive, which ties into the fact that he tries to make sure everyone is feeling good.

What weaknesses do you have (and not just type weaknesses!) that we might need to know about?

Due to his shyness, Hal can be very stubborn and not talk when a new person is around. He's also hyperactive and rushes headfirst into dangerous situations, which gets him, and others into serious trouble.

Like/Dislike/Quirk

Hal really dislikes stuck up Pokemon, he will openly challenge anyone who says they are better than another person. (He is very contradictory, being shy and all)

Ability: Synchronize

Moves:

- Confusion
- Double Team
- Disarming Voice
- Shadow Sneak (Egg Move)

What special skills do you have?

Quick Healer.

Due to Hal's determination and unwillingness to run from a fight, he has developed the ability Quick Healer so that he can last longer, and when he temporarily runs he can get back into the fight as quick as possible.

By signing this form I, Aleosia, agree to abide by the laws of Glade Springs and uphold the Explorer's Guild Code of Conduct! If I am chosen, I will treat my position as a Rescue Team Member with pride. I understand that I am a role model to many 'mon while in this position and vow to treat all others with respect and establish myself as a Guild Member with both compassion and integrity.

I also agree to 1) abide by the guidelines set forth by the Explorer's Guild Guildmasters (GMs) Kikpanther (Head GM of the Global Explorer's Guild), GastyGibus (Assistant GM of the Global Explorer's Guild), and Samuel (Local GM of Glade Spings), 2) refrain from manipulating or "godmodding" other 'mon's actions whether they be team member, civilian, or villain, 3) allow my fellow team members equal representation by giving them time to speak (or post) before giving my own reply, 4) make sure that I attend to my responsibilities as an Official Explorer at least once a week unless given an extention from a GM, and 5) always keep in mind the laws in legislations of The Greater PokeCommunity and take full responsibility for my actions if I break one of these laws.

Thanks for reading! Sorry it's not that professional, I don't know what exactly to use while writing these :P I do admit that I am a bit new when it comes to this, but I am looking to get better!

- Aleosia

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Ah I'm not sure if you're still taking people ;A;
Spoiler:

Kikpanther

Years
Sorry for taking so long! Things were busier than I expected!

Oddball your SU is PENDING. This is not because it didn't satisfy the 3/2/1 rule, but because you have quite the grand character for this RP! Quetzalli is a character with a lot of experience and a lot of years, so much so that it makes me wonder why she would be on a rescue team with complete novices. While we do have another senior on the squad (Machlah) they don't have the same depth of background as Quetzal does. Not saying that the SU isn't good, but our Machlah didn't have a reputation so grand that they got their own title!

I can see your character in the position of an NPC (which is a possible role in this RP) moreso than a player character. If you really want to use Quetz in this RP it can be discussed further, but I think it'll result in a toning down of your character's experience and abilities. You've clearly put a lot of time into this character so I think they would be better preserved as an NPC with all their qualities (they could even be a Xatu this time if you'd like) than they would be as an edited player character. Unless you want to play a Quetzal in an earlier period in her life or possibly just one who took a different path in life and didn't get such a beefy resume. It's your choice. ^_^ Keep in mind that if you made them an NPC you would still be the one to play them. So I guess they aren't entirely an NPC. Maybe more of a side character that doesn't have a constant presence in the RP, but could very well make a difference in it. ;)

As for Lennie, your character is ACCEPTED. I think you should work more on exploring the character and expanding on their weaknesses and strengths, but what you have now is good enough for the moment. :) And don't worry about not being professional or being new. No one expects a novelist here and we're open to help if that's what you'd like.

There's a PM coming your way as well. ^__^

Sorry again for the lateness! :) And thank you for sending in SUs.

E:

A WILD SU APPEARED! :O

Yes we're still taking people. Also, you've been ACCEPTED! Like I said for Lennie I would focus on expanding more about your character. What else do they like to do? What do they hate to do? What other weaknesses do they have besides social ones? Also, like Lennie, what you have is fine for now. :) The great thing about RPing is that character development can add all new scores to whoever we play.

You'll also be getting a PM.

FOR ANYONE WHO MAY STILL BE INTERESTED

To keep the RP as manageable and fun as possible, we unfortunately only have room for one more spot so send those SUs in. Don't hesitate, we're happy to have excited new members! ^_^

Last edited:

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Spoiler: Must Resist...
MFW+steam+summer+sale_0dca9a_3907782.jpg

must-resist_o_2211181.jpg

Spoiler: CSS Is for Dweebs
Name and Species: Alexandrite "Alex" the Eevee

Level: 14

Moves: Helping Hand, Curse (Egg Move), Swift, Sand Attack

Ability: Adaptability

Appearance: Alex is a normal Eevee, except for the fact that he has complete heterochromia, meaning that one of his irises is a deep red, instead of the usual brown. He usually wears a cloak and a satchel draped across his back.

Personality: Alex isn't the greatest of conversationalists, never even wanting to really participate in one. When he does though, he stutters quite a bit making him a little hard to understand. Knowing this resulted in him not talking much at all, rather, he's either lost inside of his own thoughts, or he has his nose in a book. Alex loves to go on little "adventures", his main persuasion for joining the Glade Springs Explorer's Guild in the first place, exploring (or just simply observing) every nook and cranny of a room or area he's in. Because of this, he snoops around frequently, occasionally into someone's personal belongings. He can be kind of sensitive, often offended or saddened easily by the simplest or smallest jokes. Even with all of that said, Alex is a generally happy and good-natured 'mon, well, at least once you get to know him.

Skills: None so far. Time to visit the Scrap Pit!

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Years
Sorry about that! The wait wasn't to see if anyone would join. You applied at the perfect time before I started having school and computer problems. And now there's a hurricane! What a gaggle of things.

Anyways you're accepted! I'll send you a PM soon.

And, of course, SUs are now CLOSED so please ignore the title if I forget to edit it. XD

Kikpanther

Years
Nm hbu son? If you are looking to sign up I am sorry to say but SUs are closed. :(

(which I did forget to edit <w<)

Kikpanther

Years
Because the RP is full! :)

And the RP is moving along. We do our posts in JPs (joint posts) which we write in Google Docs. Then it's posted in the thread later when we feel like it's getting too long. The RP has been slow, yes, but that is the nature of life. ;)

Kikpanther

Years
Unfortunately, Oddball you were never accepted into the RP. I'm sorry for any confusion we might have caused, but we didn't accept your SU once you posted it, but put as "Pending" status. We gave you time to respond, but you never did so it was assumed you were either too busy for the RP or no longer interested in the RP so we continued accepting other members.

If you had been accepted, however, you would have been fully informed on the JPs thing. I feel bad for you not being in the RP when you thought you were, but I don't believe it would be fair to other members if we open another spot just for you to remedy the situation. If you want to be a part of the RP you'll have to wait until a spot is open at another time if we decide to reopen SUs.

Sorry again! :(

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
put as "Pending" status. We gave you time to respond, but you never did

I think there was some miscommunication between us, then, because I have been waiting patiently for a response from you, since we took things to PMs and such. If you were waiting for a response from me as well, then it was not clear what exactly you wanted me to say.

Kikpanther

Years
A response from me about what? We spoke in PMs yes, but you moved our conversation to this OOC thread and we continued the conversation here in this thread. If you look on the previous page you'll see us communicating with each other before you stopped. There are no PMs (at least in my inbox) that indicate that you were waiting on a reply from me. Besides that we would never accept a member into the RP via PMs, especially without making mention of it in the OOC thread.

Again, I'm sorry for the confusion, but there isn't much we can do about this now.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
Thanks for the apology, at least! It's frustrating not being heard, especially given that earlier in this process I was also not sure if I was going to see a response. I eventually did, so I assumed this time would just be another delay, and decided to be patient. But I see now it was a classic case of both of us thinking the ball is in the other's court. It's disappointing, but I'm not angry.

Back