• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Eevee, the Hot New Thing!

What would you likely do with an Eevee you'd own?

• Evolve it to a Vaporeon

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Evolve it to a Jolteon

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Evolve it to a Flareon

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Who'd want to choose? All three starters, gotta get 'em all!

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Keep an Eevee to master. Eevee can be tough when trained!

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keep an Eevee to play with and watch the sunset while petting it.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I'm not that interested. Ask an Eevee fan.

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
It's an old idea. (Really, this is an old threadzone, pre-Gen 2, so whatever.) This concerns the ageless beauty itself, the cat you'd hate to hate, Eevee! I'm a huge fan, dating to the old cheesy NA adaptation of the classic anime, that episode. Even if you didn't watch the show at any point in your life, people reading this wouldn't assume, so I'll get straight to the point.

It's your basic poll in the fashion of "Who's Your Favourite Evolution/What sort of Pokemon do you see Eevee as?" I'll select any answer, I don't dislike any of the Evolutions to the point that I don't have a least favourite among the three. (Love the others, but this is Gen1 forum.) Eevee would make a great out-of-battle companion, and also could be trained to defeat even Dragonites without even evolving. (True for most Pokemon, don't fight a Dragonite with a Magikarp.)

I'm curious as to all your thoughts on this adorable and potentially fearsome creature, not to mention the fact that it is among the first pokemon of questionable evolutionary conditions. (Trade evolutions was the only other unique evolution method.) Oh, and the first pokemon to have more than 1 way to evolve, before Gloom and Slowpoke in Gen2.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
As you could easily guess by my avatar I am a great Eevee fan.
He is clearly one of my favorite Pokèmon overall because of its capabilities in battle (especially when evolved) and, of course, because it is TOO CUTE! <3

What would I do if I owned one in real life? Tough question.
My favorite evolution is Umbreon, but since this is the gen 1 forum my favorite among the first three evolutions is Jolteon so I'd probably evolve it in that.
I really like its... sparky... design I suppose? {XD} and also because it's pretty good in battle.
Other than training it would be indeed a good life companion, so maybe I would get another Eevee to make company for him and me. {:3} you never have enough!

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
Years
I'd probably just keep one as a pet since I've actually never used it in any of my teams.
Really cute though.

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
Years
It would be definitely nice to have an Eevee as a pet friend. Realistically, I probably wouldn't be too keen on battling anyways so a pokemon companion to hang out with would be a nice choice for me.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
First I would like to point out that Eevee is a fox not a cat.

My favorite Eeveelution of all of them is Jolteon because it is an Electric type and I love Electric types. Plus its design. However I wouldn't mind having an Eevee as well to keep as a pet and only have it battle if it would like to battle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
out of the original four I find Eevee to be the the cutest followed by flareon, vaporeon the most beautiful but would look weird in real life, jolteon is cool but a little ugly. in real life eevee or flareon in the games I the games I think vaporeon is the most adorable since flareon is too puffy and jolteon too rugged but always cool nonetheless even more in the anime.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Vaporeon was always my favourite - I loved Water-types and it had the most elegant design. It would be the one that I would most consistently evolve my Eevee to, out of the original three Eeveelutions.

Years
I'd definitely choose Vaporeon out of the original Eeveelutions, since I love Water-types and it's fairly bulky along with being a decent hard-hitter. It's clearly more balanced than the other two.

blue

gucci
Years
I remember back in Yellow I evolved my Eevee into Vaporeon. Now though, I'd much more likely choose one of the Johto or Sinnoh eeveelutions.

Years
Umbreon is my favorite and I remember when I was a kid I was up till 12:30 AM (unheard of at the time since I was so tiny) grinding for an Umbreon just south of Olivine City making Eevee go up against tons of Tentacruel (good spot to lvl grind if thats your thing btw). Level 42 Eevee finally evolved into Umbreon. I was trying to get it to learn Crunch at the time. Ohh silly, silly, disappointed me. Giving Crunch to Umbreon would just make too much sense. But since this is Gen 1 my second favorite (and formerly favorite prior to gen II) is Flareon. And I mean it's a really, really close second to me. I love Umbreon and Flareon about evenly. It's always a debate which one I would choose to use. I usually chose Umbreon in the later games because it was more Utilitarian with it's moveset and stats. But now Flareon gets Flare Blitz and can finally use it's high attack stat. If only it got Extreme Speed....LOL I am never happy XD

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
For those who had Pokemon Yellow, Eevee really lost its luster or importance. Don't get me wrong as I have a soft spot for fox pokemon(I prefer Vulpix though), the fact you get the 3 starters in Yellow(along with Pikachu) really hurts it's value. Not to mention that the Legendary birds mirror Eevee's evolutions. If I had to pick, I'd probably stick with the original or base Eevee as the other Evolutions in later generations appeal more to me(Sylveon in particular since good fairy types are rare and Serena's influence from the anime be real).

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Thank you for you informative opinions. Eevee will always remain iconic within the gamer community. (Or not. But, for me, always.)

And, I'd forget to reminisce about every time I'd try to get a Vaporeon Aurora Beam/Ice Beam (Yellow gives you Aurora Beam.) for the final bout w/ Lance. (And any Gym Leader/E4 Member whose weakness includes Ice.)

Embarrassingly, I was inspired by that anime episode, where I got the chance to see those forms. I didn't even have my first game then. Respect.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I voted for all three, but if I had to choose just one I'd go with Vaporean. My first ever Eevee used the Water Stone to evolve, and Vaporean remains one of my favourite Eeveelutions.

Back