• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
Hey, can someone please help me out?
I have downloaded the RAR file and I have the Lunar IPS app but can not figure out how to apply the hack to Pokemon Emerald.
This hack looks real good, the best one I have seen and can't wait to play it!

Btw I am using VBA if it matters.

blue

gucci
Years
I have downloaded the RAR file and I have the Lunar IPS app but can not figure out how to apply the hack to Pokemon Emerald.

It's pretty simple actually, alls you need to do is (the best way to do it) to put the three files (Pokémon Emerald ROM, Lunar IPS programme & RAR file) into one folder. Extract the contents of the RAR file into the folder and then open up Lunar IPS, it will prompt you to either "Apply IPS Patch" or "Create IPS Patch" click Apply and then when the window pops up, select the Expert Emerald IPS file that was extracted from the rar file and then patch it onto the unpatched Emerald ROM and hopefully it should work!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

*moment of my "oh god why"*
Use WinRAR to extract the contents of .rar file.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
So I was just going through some pokemon in the dex right. I went to blaziken and it's cry had a strange static end to it. I checked the cry section in it's entry and the graph thing went mental when it played the static part. Also happened for combusken though it's static was less intense....

EDIT: I tested on gPSP and VBA. No difference at all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I never bother myself with things like cries and music sound problems etc.. instead i just play a hack and admire it and it's creator...

I don't think it is the patches doing but the rom itself. You are right though. I'm not bugged about this much but was just seeing if anyone else has this problem.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
great! time for a nuzlocke.
the stat changes may actually make some less..used pokemon more viable again

any chance u might implement B/W xp system or physical /special split into this game?

blue

gucci
Years
So I was just going through some pokemon in the dex right. I went to blaziken and it's cry had a strange static end to it. I checked the cry section in it's entry and the graph thing went mental when it played the static part. Also happened for combusken though it's static was less intense....

EDIT: I tested on gPSP and VBA. No difference at all.

Unfortunately (as much as I'd like to) I am unable to fix this as it's a problem with the ROM rather than the patch as alienhunter said, I try not to let it bother me as it's only a minor disruption.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
using emerald randomizer can cause one of those "?????" pokemon to be an available starter lol. they MAY also appear in the wild too

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
why not? possible to have a legendary or 2 early on to deal with these high leveled trainers...doing a nuzlocke with this u know

Back