• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers - Fire-Type Fan Club ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Do you think Fennekin's evolutions will be dual typed? If so, what types and why? If not, why not?

I'm not really sure at all. Its design doesn't seem to suggest anything, and the only thing I can think of that'd suit it is Fighting or Psychic, and if it turns out to be a Fighting dual-type, Game Freak will surely have hit rock-bottom in terms of creativity in the typings of starters. Fire/Fighting is an awesome combo, and it was great to see with the Torchic line (even though Flying type would've probably fit it better, however, I guess at that point, they probably wanted to stay consistent with the starter birds and all), and it made sense with the Chimchar line, considering they were Monkeys and all, but when it's the same exact typing three generations in a row, it just isn't interesting anymore. So if that happens to be the case with Fennekin...

But to stay on-topic, I really don't know what I actually want. It'd be nice to see all the starters being pure types, since personally, I feel like that's the way it should be and always should've been. And as none of the starters seem to be suggesting any kind of dual-types, I think that might end up being the case, but not much can be said untill their evolutions are revealed, since they usually don't gain their dual-typings till after they evolve.

But yeah, I think Fennekin might be a dual-type, and if it does happen to be a dual-type, I think it might be Fire/Psychic :p

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Do you think Fennekin's evolutions will be dual typed? If so, what types and why? If not, why not?

Most of what i think has pretty much been said my Olli97 already. As far as i can tell, Fennekins design doesn't suggest any certain dual type yet, i guess we will have to wait and see what his evolution line will look like. As long as he doesn't become another Fire/Fighting type I'll be more than happy, because that combo has clearly been over-used by nintendo. I'm pretty sure he'll be more special attacker than physical, so maybe a psychic dual type like most people have been thinking/wanting? That would be pretty cool, as Victini is the only other Pokemon to have that combination. I Just have a feeling (or a hope) Nintendo will try something new with these starters, so let's hope Fennekin gets a new and never-seen-before dual type :D

And btw, I'm sorry for being inactive so long. I already posted something like this, but apparently PC screwed up and didn't "accept" my post -.-
I've been so inactive because of college. After half a year of doing nothing and spending all my days at home, getting used to it again was pretty hard and took a lot of my time, but im glad to say things are going great, and ill be active again!
Sorry for missing out for so long, but here i am now! :D

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
Your Username: AzuPazu

Partner Pokémon: Ninetales and Arcanine

Why do you like Fire-Types?: You kidding me? Those are the most beautiful and powerful pokémon out there. They look so elegant yet have this huge power. And fire was always one of my favorite elements~

Answer the current topic: Do you think Fennekin's evolutions will be dual typed? If so, what types and why? If not, why not?
I won't lie I actually googled its evolution and from the looks of it I guess a fire/dark type? It reminds me of houndoom and it has this mysterious aura that makes me want to say fire/dark type.
Then again we had another fox look alike fire type pokémon [ninetales] and that was just a full fire pokémon.
So yeah. Fire or fire/dark. ^^

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
hey can i join the blazing inferno 2 ?

my starting fire types are litwick and is it okay if i put flareon or eevee as my second? if not i would like vulpix

my username is rayrayluver and i love fire types is because the moves are amazing i love blaze kick and blue flare i also like how it is one of the types to defeat steel.they are AMAZING and i love flareon :) i hope i get in~

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Your Username: AzuPazu

Partner Pokémon: Ninetales and Arcanine

Why do you like Fire-Types?: You kidding me? Those are the most beautiful and powerful pokémon out there. They look so elegant yet have this huge power. And fire was always one of my favorite elements~

Answer the current topic: Do you think Fennekin's evolutions will be dual typed? If so, what types and why? If not, why not?
I won't lie I actually googled its evolution and from the looks of it I guess a fire/dark type? It reminds me of houndoom and it has this mysterious aura that makes me want to say fire/dark type.
Then again we had another fox look alike fire type pokémon [ninetales] and that was just a full fire pokémon.
So yeah. Fire or fire/dark. ^^
welcome to the club Azu!!

hey can i join the blazing inferno 2 ?

my starting fire types are litwick and is it okay if i put flareon or eevee as my second? if not i would like vulpix

my username is rayrayluver and i love fire types is because the moves are amazing i love blaze kick and blue flare i also like how it is one of the types to defeat steel.they are AMAZING and i love flareon :) i hope i get in~
yeah u can join the club
just fill the form
Spoiler:

congratulation to Student D1, Tim and Troock!!

@Troock awesome userbars :3

i think it'll be dual type maybe fire/psychic..or fire/fighting
I believe fire/psychic would be AWESOME but look at it this way..... it could be a reproduction of ninetales. Same colors, perhaps gets a psychic move or 2 or ghostly/ dark moves..

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
yeah u can join the club
just fill the form
Spoiler:

i already filled it in but here it is again:
Your Username:rayrayluver
Partner Pokémon:litwick and flareon if im not allowed vulpix
Why do you like Fire-Types?: well thats easy! I LOVE them they are full of fiery passion and they are AMAZINGLY POWERFUL!!! i love the move blue flare and blaze kick and i love Flareon;)

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i already filled it in but here it is again:
Your Username:rayrayluver
Partner Pokémon:litwick and flareon if im not allowed vulpix
Why do you like Fire-Types?: well thats easy! I LOVE them they are full of fiery passion and they are AMAZINGLY POWERFUL!!! i love the move blue flare and blaze kick and i love Flareon;)
welcome to the club ray!! :3
i hope u have fun here!
we need a new topic...
How would you use your Fire Pokemon to pull a prank on someone?
xD

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
How would you use your Fire Pokemon to pull a prank on someone? OMG this is hard XD
i would use my litwick and give it to someone as a present pretending its a candle. and my litwick would slowly move freaking him/her out:pink_boogie:

rhettz_emboar

Did you just pee??
Years
Yay i want to join!can I?

USERNAME:rhettz_emboar
partner pokemon:chimchar tepig
why do you like fire types?I like them much because of their cool forms, high attacks, sp. attak. and what i like in them is their very elegant! :3

of course i would love to see him becoming a dual type pokemon. But i've seen many generations with the type dark/fire, fire/fighting,fire/flying, etc,.
if there is a type which contradicts each other like: ground/fire, psychic/fight, why not make fennekin a FIRE/WATER

JUST A SUGGESTION,THOUGH!

:]

-------------------------------
its more fun in PC

Project Genesis Coming soon!

Want to help
PM me!

------------------------------

Years

I'm thinking all the Kalos starters will get a second type after evolution, and in the case with Fennekin I'm going with what most people are thinking and I'll probably say it might become part-Psychic after evolution, especially after 3 generations of Fire starters that evolve into a Fighting-type it'd be time for something different, and also there was that trailer that showed the starters attacking and Fennekin was seen using what looks like a Psychic-type attack on a Kirlia.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013

ooh i would actually think just plain fire but i actually googled it and turns out that someone said Fire/Psychic,for chespin Grass/Dark, and for froakie Water/Fighting. just letting you know

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Yay i want to join!can I?

USERNAME:rhettz_emboar
partner pokemon:chimchar tepig
why do you like fire types?I like them much because of their cool forms, high attacks, sp. attak. and what i like in them is their very elegant! :3

of course i would love to see him becoming a dual type pokemon. But i've seen many generations with the type dark/fire, fire/fighting,fire/flying, etc,.
if there is a type which contradicts each other like: ground/fire, psychic/fight, why not make fennekin a FIRE/WATER

u can join rhettz
so,welcome to the club rhettz!!

If I want to play a prank on someone, honestly I wouldn't use a Fire Pokémon lol. The prank which was meant to be harmless, could turn out pretty dangerous, imo. Someone could get burned in all of this! :/

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
Fire/Fighting is an awesome combo, and it was great to see with the Torchic line (even though Flying type would've probably fit it better, however, I guess at that point, they probably wanted to stay consistent with the starter birds and all), and it made sense with the Chimchar line, considering they were Monkeys and all, but when it's the same exact typing three generations in a row, it just isn't interesting anymore. So if that happens to be the case with Fennekin...
Yeah, exactly! I completely agree with you! I understand why they made Combusken, Blaziken, Monferno and Infernape Fire/Fighting, but why did they have to do the same with Pignite and Emboar?!?!?! It wasn't necessary at all, they could have easily been pure Fire type.

And btw, I'm sorry for being inactive so long. I already posted something like this, but apparently PC screwed up and didn't "accept" my post -.-
I've been so inactive because of college. After half a year of doing nothing and spending all my days at home, getting used to it again was pretty hard and took a lot of my time, but im glad to say things are going great, and ill be active again!
Sorry for missing out for so long, but here i am now! :D
Welcome back! :)

So yeah. Fire or fire/dark.
I don't know what evolutions you found, but they aren't officially confirmed yet, so the ones you found are fan made. That doesn't mean it can't be Fire/Dark though. :)

congratulation to Student D1, Tim and Troock!!

@Troock awesome userbars :3
Thanks!

I don't think GF is going to make Fennekin or any other future Fire starters Fire/Water, considering there already is a Water starter. It would just be unfair. It would be pretty cool for a regular pokemon to have that typing though.

ooh i would actually think just plain fire but i actually googled it and turns out that someone said Fire/Psychic,for chespin Grass/Dark, and for froakie Water/Fighting. just letting you know
Despite these being pretty likely speculations imo, they are JUST speculations. Again, this is not officially confirmed information.

I agree with Avishka. Fire types would probably be one of the WORST types to use to prank someone. xD

PS: I'm really glad the thread is finally revived. <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
Your Username: milkymew
Partner Pokémon: cyndaquil and larvesta
Why do you like Fire-Types?: i dunno, i have just always preferred the fire starter though and i guess thats where it started!

What would you do to make Fire Pokémon better? In-game and/or competitive. Or what do you think Fire type Pokemon need?: i think they need better defensive moves, as in moves that dont deal damage, because a lot of fire types revolve around doing damage...

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
YOUR USER NAME : FIKRI 29
PARTNER POKÉMON : Growlithe and Magby
WHY DO YOU LIKE FIRE TYPES ?
I like Fire type pokémon because My first Pokémon I caught is Growlithe (Gen II) and Fire type Pokémon is the best than other types.
TO ANSWER THE TOPIC :
WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO MAKE FIRE TYPE POKÉMON BETTER ? IN GAME OR COMPETITIVE.
OR WHAT DO YOU THINK FIRE TYPE POKÉMON NEED ?
in game or competitive, fire type pokemon need other type combination like Fire/Water, Fire/Ice, Fire/Grass, Fire/Poison, Fire/Electric and Normal/Fire.

rhettz_emboar

Did you just pee??
Years
I don't think GF is going to make Fennekin or any other future Fire starters Fire/Water, considering there already is a Water starter. It would just be unfair. It would be pretty cool for a regular pokemon to have that typing though.

then it will be his evo chain :3

u can join rhettz
so,welcome to the club rhettz!!

If I want to play a prank on someone, honestly I wouldn't use a Fire Pokémon lol. The prank which was meant to be harmless, could turn out pretty dangerous, imo. Someone could get burned in all of this! :/

Thanks you sir
I really like this club :3

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Welcome to all the new members!

Eh, gotta agree with most of the others who've answered this, using a Fire type for a prank may just be a tad bit too dangerous, and I can't really think of anything that wouldn't hurt. Anything you'd do would have to evolve fire really, which just isn't really safe to do as a prank (unless you're in the Pokemon world, where no one seems to be affected by stuff like fire or electrical shocks at all), and the only type I can really see having a type exclusive prank that wouldn't be dangerous, is the Water type, so yeah. I probably wouldn't even attempt to prank people with a Fire type Pokemon :p

And with that, I think it's alright to move onto a new topic. And I guess we have something to discuss with the new Fire/Flying type, Talonflame revealed.

What do you think about Fletchling and Talonflame, and what are your thoughts on the whole concept of a Fire/Flying type bird Pokemon, whose body isn't essentially made up of flames

I can't really recall any other Pokemon other than Charizard and Moltres who are Fire/Flying, and it makes sense with both of those, since Charizard is based on a dragon, and Moltres' feathers are pretty much flames themselves :p

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
What do you think about Fletchling and Talonflame, and what are your thoughts on the whole concept of a Fire/Flying type bird Pokemon, whose body isn't essentially made up of flames

I was a bit underwhelmed with Fletchling when it came out, but was overwhelmingly impressed with Talonflame. Aesthetically, its one of only a handful of Gen 6 Pokemon that I've taken an immediate liking to. Hopefully, its power can match its badass look.

I can't really recall any other Pokemon other than Charizard and Moltres who are Fire/Flying, and it makes sense with both of those, since Charizard is based on a dragon, and Moltres' feathers are pretty much flames themselves :p

Ho- Oh is another Fire/ Flying Type. It makes sense since it's based off of a Phoenix.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner Pokémon: Heat Rotom
Why I like Fire types: Their colors are vibrant and their ability to take and dish out punishment is legendary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back