• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Waterfall Autotiles HGSS style

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hi everyone. I was looking around for hours trying to find bw or hgss style waterfall tiles. There seems to be everything but waterfall tiles out there. I ended finding a nice one, and fixed it up into RMXP format.

The pictures are attached. There are already no backgrounds so they are ready to go. I know I probably didn't put them together in the easiest way, but they work fine. If you have trouble, the picture: Top waterfall is the crest, waterfall middle is the middle, and waterfall bottom is the bottom. Simple.

Credits of to
WilliamGJ for the original tiles - required
Rayd12smitty for resizing and putting into RMXP format - would be nice

This is my first time doing something like this, let me know what you think

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
These are useful. I haven't tried to use them yet, but I know that HGSS waterfall autotiles don't exist on the internet. Well done! I don't know too much about autotiles, because I haven't tried to tinker with them yet, but has to be some way that you could combine two of the three into one. Those restrictions RMXP gives on the amount of autotiles makes it hard to use these.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
These are useful. I haven't tried to use them yet, but I know that HGSS waterfall autotiles don't exist on the internet. Well done! I don't know too much about autotiles, because I haven't tried to tinker with them yet, but has to be some way that you could combine two of the three into one. Those restrictions RMXP gives on the amount of autotiles makes it hard to use these.

Thank you.

I do have one auto tile that includes the entire waterfall. The problem is terrain tags. There are three different terrain tags for waterfalls. If you combine parts of the waterfall, then you could only mark the two parts as one terrain tag. For example, if I put the crest of the waterfall and the middle section together, you could only mark it as a crest, or as a waterfall, not both, so it wouldn't work. I can post the entire waterfall auto if you want, but it is only good for taking screenshots

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
I see what you mean now. Forgot about the tags. It might be better to try to work out some kind of event system that would allow the use of a single complete waterfall, but it would probably just be easier to make room for the three anyway... Anyway, well done. I might use and I'll leave you both credit.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I see what you mean now. Forgot about the tags. It might be better to try to work out some kind of event system that would allow the use of a single complete waterfall, but it would probably just be easier to make room for the three anyway... Anyway, well done. I might use and I'll leave you both credit.

thank you. If you want it, here is the full waterfall auto tile

Back