Entertainment & Media The PokeCommunity's red carpet: discuss topics, hot or otherwise, centered around music, films, TV, books, and sports!

Old October 2nd, 2017 (9:53 AM).

Palace are going to break a few records this season.
    Old October 10th, 2017 (11:59 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lipstick Vogue View Post
    Didn't see that result coming. Seems we did what your lot did to us at Carrow Road a couple of years ago.

5 league clean sheets in a row, think that's a record for us.
    Yeah, we were hopeless in that game. No chance of us breaking down a team after they've gone one up. We actually looked much worse in the 2-2 at Brentford a few days later though, we got away with a point due to Brentford being really terrible themselves. Hopefully we've managed to push the reset button over the international break.

Do you want Howson back by the way? please say yes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Banz View Post
    Palace are going to break a few records this season.
    Is it too early to suggest they might beat Derby's point record?
    Old October 10th, 2017 (1:59 PM).
    thick steamy gunpla resin

Nature: Modest
      Surprised to see him not performing. Only spells I really remember him being poor here were when he was stifled playing a defensive role or shunted our onto the right wing (weird couple of months). We absolutely lack a runner from the middle so a player like Howson would be Ideal.

Would have been offering James Husband back a month ago, not so sure now. Taken a bit of time to settle in but he's looked more than capable in his last few appearances.
      Old October 22nd, 2017 (8:05 AM).

9 games unbeaten. 5 away wins in the spin. Just made it 9 local derby games unbeaten too. Weird run of form.

Will probably make it 10 unbeaten when we go to Arsenal on Tuesday night too.
        Old October 23rd, 2017 (3:17 PM).
        What a bother

Nature: Calm
          MIDSEASON PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

We're halfway into the season, and already there's been major action. Of course, that's to be expected with the NFL's ever changing nature. I've come here to discuss with you guys, what are your midseason playoff predictions based off the games we've seen?

NFC
          WEST: Los Angeles Rams
          I'm picking the Rams to win this division based of how well they've been playing and the significant difference in the quality of play on both sides of the ball when compared to last years 4-12 record. They sure put on a good show shredding my poor Cardinals. With Jared Goff playing efficiently and a tough as nails defense, they'll be a tough opponent for anyone.

SOUTH: Atlanta Falcons
          It can go without saying that they're the better team in the NFC South. Despite the fact that the teams now lost three in a row, I still think they have the edge over their inconsistent competitors in The Panthers and The Saints. The Saints have been showing good lately, but I still wouldn't pick them to win the division. Alas, an upset would be nice, Drew Brees deserves another playoff run.

NORTH: Minnesota Vikings
          The Vikings are sitting atop the North division right now with a 5-2 record. I can't say I've been paying too much attention to them lately, but I believe they have the edge over a Detroit Lions team that always seems to start strong and sputter.

EAST: Philadelphia Eagles
          Before the Cowboys fans pick up their torches, I think the Eagles have a legitimate shot at taking the NFC East crown. They played a fine game shredding my Arizona Cardinals and have shown great strides and improvement on the field when compared to last years performances. While I think Dallas will still be neck to neck with Phili, I still think the Eagles will come out on top.

WILDCARDS
          Dallas Cowboys, Seattle Seahawks
          Outside my predictions for division winners, these two teams are better than every other team in the league. As much as it hurts to say, I don't believe The Seahawks will lose out a second place spot in the NFC West to my Arizona Cardinals.

AFC
          WEST: Kansas City Chiefs
          The Chiefs have a really good shot at winning their division. Following the Bronco's shutout loss and the Raiders average play, I predict the Chiefs will own the division.

SOUTH: Houston Texans
          I'm jumping on the Deshaun Watson hype. The dude is Dak Prescott 2.0. Even though their defense is without JJ Watt, Watson can lead them to the AFC South crown and a playoff spot.

NORTH: Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Steelers
          Provided the Browns don't win out and the Steelers don't lose out, The Steelers should have it easy in a division with an inconsistent Bengals team and The Ravens being their only actual contest. Browns 0-16, anyone?

NORTH: New England Patriots
          Their most recent game shutting down The Falcons restored my faith that their defense can perform at a high level following a horrid start to the season on the backs of the defense. If the defense can continue playing this way, Tom Brady can take em back to the top again.

WILDCARDS
          Jacksonville Jaguars, Buffalo Bills/Tennessee Titans
          I like the look the Jaguars have been giving lately. They look like a lot stronger team than the one we've seen in recent years. I don't see any other teams besides the Bills or Titans having a real shot at limping into the wildcard round with a 6th seed than these two. It was a pretty tough pick.

SO what do you guys think? Do any of you have something you could add to this discussion? Let me know your thoughts! After all, an injury can change a season in a blink of an eye. The NFL is known as the Not For Long league for a reason-many things in the NFL are fleeting, unless your Bill and Brady.

You serious, bruh?
          Old October 24th, 2017 (1:59 PM).

Robbed by a starstruck ref at Arsenal. Who'd have thunk it.
            Old November 21st, 2017 (8:29 PM). Edited November 21st, 2017 by Banz.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Eruption View Post
              Well looks like Palace might be just fine after all. Very surprising win.

I wonder when Conte will try to get rid of Batshuayi, always avoids starting him and then when he does, he hauls him off before an hour as the team lose.
              Don't see them surviving. They'll manage to avoid the worst point records but I don't see how they're going to get to even 30 points.

And ridiculous performance in Seville yesterday. Moreno can't play at all against them. Feels like a loss.
              Old December 1st, 2017 (12:51 PM).

Nature: Quirky
              I figured I'd post because the groups for next year's World Cup have been drawn.

Group A:
              Russia
              Saudi Arabia
              Egypt
              Uruguay

Group B:
              Portugal
              Spain
              Morocco
              Iran

Group C:
              France
              Australia
              Peru
              Denmark

Group D:
              Argentina
              Iceland
              Croatia
              Nigeria

Group E:
              Brazil
              Switzerland
              Costa Rica
              Serbia

Group F:
              Germany
              Mexico
              Sweden
              South Korea

Group G:
              Belgium
              Panama
              Tunisia
              England

Group H:
              Poland
              Senegal
              Colombia
              Japan

So, what are your thoughts on the groups? How do you think your team will fare? Which group do you see as the dreaded "group of death"?

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
              Old December 1st, 2017 (4:56 PM).
              Vacation time

Nature: Serious
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
                I figured I'd post because the groups for next year's World Cup have been drawn.

Group A:
                Russia
                Saudi Arabia
                Egypt
                Uruguay

Yes! Yes! It's 2010 all over again, we may even stay till the final stages. What a time for the youth intakes will it be.

3-5-2, Valverde, Torreira, Nandez, Gomez, Suarez & Cavani, oh yes.

Will be a nice exit to Tabárez too, which is nice after all he achieved for us in general.

Group B is meh.

Group C is real interesting because all of the teams except for France qualified via repechaje (how did you say that in English?). Both Peru and Denmark can put some competition there, dunno for Australia.

For Group D, I'm surprised of argentinian media's overconfidence, seeing they barely qualified, and more seeing that when Messi isn't able to work things out, the whole team fails.

Group E's battle for second will be interesting, I hope.

Group F doesn't really excite me.

Then you got G, in which most people would expect both european teams to qualify, but England's always a box full of surprises.

And finally, group H. I like that group, alongside with D probably the most competitive.
                Old December 1st, 2017 (8:08 PM). Edited December 1st, 2017 by Hikamaru.

Well, for my nation's chances in Group C, we're very likely losing to France in that first game since they are a powerhouse in the Top 10 plus the fact they thrashed us 6-0 in a game back in 2013, though the Danish and the Peruvians are close to that part of the world rankings as well (the Peruvians are #11 and the Danish #12), so it'll be tough.

I know I don't want to hurt any Australian football fans' hearts, but we're likely going to fail in the group stage again, like we did the last two times. France will likely top the group, while second I probably see going to the Danish. I feel our only win here will probably be in the final group game against Peru, considering they had a 36-year drought before this WC.

It's also interesting that out of six WC's that both Argentina and Nigeria played, this is the fifth time of those six that they drew in the same group. I'm also definitely interested in Group D, especially with that small fairytale story that is Iceland. Groups E and H look competitive as well, while I see Group B as the "group of death" for this WC considering Spain (2010 champs) and Portugal (Euro 2016 champs) are both in there, along with a surprisingly good Moroccan side.

Group G is probably the boring one here, since Tunisia looks to be a complete pushover, and Panama hasn't even played a WC before. Group F is going to be a pushover for the Germans, since we know they will obviously top it, especially with being the defending WC champions as well. Group E will be an easy ride for the Brazilians as well.

Uruguay will also probably have an easy time getting out of Group A, especially with a mediocre side like Russia who only got in because they're the hosts. Saudi Arabia could be a strong team there since they did deny my nation automatic qualification and relegated us to playoffs.

Old December 2nd, 2017 (12:34 AM).
                percent

first impressions on the groups. i am so excited for this words can't even explain. will be making an effort to watch every match (although that will probably fall apart a few days in)

group a:
                  Spoiler:
                  i think egypt will win and it won't be very close. salah is picking up more and more momentum and with a relatively solid backline, which they have, none of those teams should be too much trouble. i'd pick uruguay for second, but if suarez and gimenez don't sort themselves out, that could change. russia vs saudi arabia has to go down as one of the most disappointing opening games in quite a while.

picks: egypt, uruguay

group b:
                  Spoiler:
                  top two should be fairly obvious here. not seeing an upset on the cards whatsoever, spain and portugal are both in their best form in quite a few years

picks: spain, portugal

group c: f
                  Spoiler:
                  rance are an obvious first place, second will be very close between australia and denmark. peru are not good. although you couldn't tell that from their media which is comparing us to new zealand, despite the facts that a) there's a ~80ish rank difference and b) they couldn't even score against new zealand. if something happens to farfan or he just doesn't play well they are a surefire 0 points

picks: france, australia (can you tell where i live???)

group d:
                  Spoiler:
                  about the closest to a 'group of death' that we have this year. can never trust argentina to actually play well despite their insane talent, iceland and croatia both very solid, and nigeria have the youngest squad in the cup. will watch as much of this group as i can

picks: argentina, nigeria

group e:
                  Spoiler:
                  brazil for 1st, were unreal in the qualifiers and they're my pick to win the whole thing at the moment. 2nd could go to any of them, switzerland are all-round solid, costa rica have proven their knack for upsets, and serbia are a young up-and-coming side that'll only get better in the months leading up to the cup. milinkovic-savic is a real star imo and i think his value will hit the roof come august

picks: brazil, serbia

group f:
                  Spoiler:
                  germany are about as good as they were last time and have just insane depth (although that doesn't count for as much via squad sizes), 100% to go through. second will probably be mexico, again solid in qualifiers, hirving lozano is a 10 although the rest of their squad aren't doing too much in their leagues. sweden are just ok, yes they knocked out italy but italy are also just ok. south korea aren't very exciting and i would expect nothing from them

picks: germany, mexico

group g:
                  Spoiler:
                  first place is a battle of the badly managed but potentially quite good teams. belgium are much more talented but still seem to lack any direction. afaik roberto martinez is in charge and he has not been good for a very long time, and lukaku is underperforming to say the least at the time of writing, but they definitely have enough to get them through, especially considering the alternatives of panama and tunisia. england for me are similar to belgium, but just less talented. again, shouldn't matter in this pool.

picks: belgium, england

group h:
                  Spoiler:
                  just behind group d in terms of being unpredictable. poland are solid at some times and a bit of a one man team at others, albeit that one man is incredible. if glik and co can keep going and him in particular pick himself up in the league, they should win. senegal have some real firepower in mane and keita, and you'd think that their afcon run was them underperforming rather than what they're fully capable of. colombia seem very average overall, some star players but some weak spots, fairly balanced. japan are very solid but going through a ton of managerial and tactical trouble and their chances will very much depend on wether they can figure that out in the next few months.

picks: poland, senegal
                  Old December 2nd, 2017 (1:14 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by % View Post
                  first impressions on the groups. i am so excited for this words can't even explain. will be making an effort to watch every match (although that will probably fall apart a few days in)

group a:
                  Spoiler:
                  i think egypt will win and it won't be very close. salah is picking up more and more momentum and with a relatively solid backline, which they have, none of those teams should be too much trouble. i'd pick uruguay for second, but if suarez and gimenez don't sort themselves out, that could change. russia vs saudi arabia has to go down as one of the most disappointing opening games in quite a while.

picks: egypt, uruguay

group b:
                  Spoiler:
                  top two should be fairly obvious here. not seeing an upset on the cards whatsoever, spain and portugal are both in their best form in quite a few years

picks: spain, portugal

group c: f
                  Spoiler:
                  rance are an obvious first place, second will be very close between australia and denmark. peru are not good. although you couldn't tell that from their media which is comparing us to new zealand, despite the facts that a) there's a ~80ish rank difference and b) they couldn't even score against new zealand. if something happens to farfan or he just doesn't play well they are a surefire 0 points

picks: france, australia (can you tell where i live???)

group d:
                  Spoiler:
                  about the closest to a 'group of death' that we have this year. can never trust argentina to actually play well despite their insane talent, iceland and croatia both very solid, and nigeria have the youngest squad in the cup. will watch as much of this group as i can

picks: argentina, nigeria

group e:
                  Spoiler:
                  brazil for 1st, were unreal in the qualifiers and they're my pick to win the whole thing at the moment. 2nd could go to any of them, switzerland are all-round solid, costa rica have proven their knack for upsets, and serbia are a young up-and-coming side that'll only get better in the months leading up to the cup. milinkovic-savic is a real star imo and i think his value will hit the roof come august

picks: brazil, serbia

group f:
                  Spoiler:
                  germany are about as good as they were last time and have just insane depth (although that doesn't count for as much via squad sizes), 100% to go through. second will probably be mexico, again solid in qualifiers, hirving lozano is a 10 although the rest of their squad aren't doing too much in their leagues. sweden are just ok, yes they knocked out italy but italy are also just ok. south korea aren't very exciting and i would expect nothing from them

picks: germany, mexico

group g:
                  Spoiler:
                  first place is a battle of the badly managed but potentially quite good teams. belgium are much more talented but still seem to lack any direction. afaik roberto martinez is in charge and he has not been good for a very long time, and lukaku is underperforming to say the least at the time of writing, but they definitely have enough to get them through, especially considering the alternatives of panama and tunisia. england for me are similar to belgium, but just less talented. again, shouldn't matter in this pool.

picks: belgium, england

group h:
                  Spoiler:
                  just behind group d in terms of being unpredictable. poland are solid at some times and a bit of a one man team at others, albeit that one man is incredible. if glik and co can keep going and him in particular pick himself up in the league, they should win. senegal have some real firepower in mane and keita, and you'd think that their afcon run was them underperforming rather than what they're fully capable of. colombia seem very average overall, some star players but some weak spots, fairly balanced. japan are very solid but going through a ton of managerial and tactical trouble and their chances will very much depend on wether they can figure that out in the next few months.

picks: poland, senegal
                  You got some good picks. Maybe I do see my nation's chances of progressing much better now since the Danish tend to rely on the star player Eriksen, while Peru are coming into this WC with a 28-year drought. Peru have not faced Australia previously in any meeting, while Australia's last meetings with the French and Danish both resulted in defeat.

So I do think your choices are definitely what I'd expect. Considering Argentina's sloppy qualifying campaign, I'm probably seeing Iceland pose as Nigeria's biggest threat in Group D, but I'm seeing top spot there definitely go to the Nigerians who have a young side in this WC. Iceland showed that a small nation can still pose big problems to the opposition as they showed at Euro 2016, so they'll definitely be a potential dark horse.

Old December 3rd, 2017 (1:37 AM).

Nature: Adamant
                  Ok, I'll try to make a "bet" about the World Cup too! First of all, it's interesting how Argentina and Nigeria are in the same group again. In 1994 the group was Argentina, Nigeria, Bulgaria, and Greece, in 2010 it was Argentina, Nigeria, Korea ( I think), and Greece. Now here we go again.

Anyway, group A: this will be a very interesting group and my bet goes for Russia and Urugay. Egypt has a good team and coach too but I don't think it can get a good result against Russia or Urugay, but we'll see!

Group B: I think things are very clear in this group. Spain and Porugal will fight for the first place. Iran and Morocco can't compared with these two teams.

Group C: This is another one interesting group! I'm not that sure about this one but my bet will be France and Denmark. I don't have anything more to say because unfortunately, I don't know many things about these national teams.

Group D: Everyone loves to see Iceland in this WC after the last Euro. Argentina isn't really in a good shape like it was before some years ago but still it's Argentina. My bet on this one is Argentina and Nigeria. However, Croatia and Iceland have really good teams too, I'm looking forward for this games

Group E: Alright, one more interesting group. My bet for this one is Brazil, and Serbia. I mean, I'm rooting for Serbia but they have a very good team and they also finished first in their group on the qualification round

Group F: Probably the most interesting group. Anything can happen here so I really don't know. What I'm hoping for is Mexico and Sweden tho.

Group G: I'm pretty sure Belgium and England can qualify from that group. But I don't know anything about Panama and Tunisia.

Group H: Again, an interesting group. Colombia will probably qualify at first place. Now about the second place... Idk, I would say Poland
                  Old December 16th, 2017 (7:44 AM).

Wow, Crystal Palace genuinely seem to have turned it around. Now 14th place with 17 points after 0 points and 0 goals in their 1st 7 matches. They are still relegation contenders (safe by just 3 points) but no longer in the top 3 favourites.

Quick Reply