• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Yu-Gi-Oh! Club

Years
I've barely played last month, so I only got to Silver. This season, I'm currently in Gold 1 and will probably get to Platinum. I'm still using unfinished Pendulum Magicians. Somehow, it's still enough to climb up. Look at it at your own discretion. I just put anything I had in my Extra Deck.
Spoiler:

I'm not sure if I'll ever finish the Extra Deck. I just spent few thousands gems on Predaplant and Sylvan cards, since I have never tried those two decks.

Years
The first event for Master Duel started. It's called Xyz Festival and is all about Xyz Summoning.

I was excited to see Cipher structure deck, but to be honest, I have no idea how to run Cipher deck, so I just picked up level 8 dragons from it and build a deck around them. But I only encountered decks that locked me out of playing anything in their first turn, by cards like Macro Cosmos, Skill Drain or Rhongomyniad. I've barely played the game at all. Which was a little bit frustrating, but I was able to pull 2x Adreus and 1x Phonot Strike Bounzer in my first 4 pulls, so at least I was lucky in that regard.

Fleurdelis

Endless pain and suffering
Years
The event started off with a mess of self-burn FTK's and now burn decks run rampant from what I encountered, so I just went in till the gems dried out enough that I didn't care anymore.

I have swapped from Raidraptors to Salamangreats now though, with better results against decks I struggled massively against as Raidraptors, mainly Eldlich which im now 5-0 against with Salads.
Helps that Salad can just recycle the best handtrap in the game, Ash Blossom.

Years
Nice, I love Yu-Gi-Oh. I got into it a while back, through the mobile games. I did get actual cards later, but duel links was my first experience with the franchise. It was so long ago, XYZ cards weren't even in the app. Just fusion and Synchro. I do like real cards, but it's easier (and less expensive) to get them in the games. Right now in master duel, I use a flower cardian deck, just till I can master making and using combo decks. Anyone know any good archetypes that make a simple combo deck that differentiates from flower cardians?

Fleurdelis

Years
Nice, I love Yu-Gi-Oh. I got into it a while back, through the mobile games. I did get actual cards later, but duel links was my first experience with the franchise. It was so long ago, XYZ cards weren't even in the app. Just fusion and Synchro. I do like real cards, but it's easier (and less expensive) to get them in the games. Right now in master duel, I use a flower cardian deck, just till I can master making and using combo decks. Anyone know any good archetypes that make a simple combo deck that differentiates from flower cardians?

Dunno if you have found an archetype yet, but I can highly recommend Raidraptors. Fairly straightforward with their combos and can end up with a really good board turn 1, or facilitate OTK's going 2nd.
Salamangreat is also very simple in its combo, but I consider Salads to be more of a control deck than a combo deck.

Years
The new mobile YGO game, called Cross Duel, was released. Have anyone tried it? I only just beat tutorial, but it reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh! BAM with its twists to some monsters, spells and traps' effects. I'll probably just play through the single player campaign, since it seems like nice way to kill some time.

Fleurdelis

Years
Cross Duel isnt my thing at all, not a big fan of it.

Been on a long Master Duel spree, having a lot of fun playing Salamangreat & Kozmo. Got both decks IRL too and gearing towards owning a Swordsoul one too.
That being said the new set, Battles of Legend: Crystal Revenge has a Ultra Rare printing of Salamangreat Circle which I want to upgrade it to full Ultra Rare or better rarity on the Salad deck.

Fleurdelis

Years
and with that Cross Duel is at its end... unsuprisingly given how little I felt it was being advertised and how little revenue it made.

On the other hand Master Duel is about to go in a state of "Tear 0" with the new selection pack introducing the Tearlament archetype that ran rampant in the physical card game till Konami straight up murdered it into oblivion.
Not too much looking forward to this, on the other hand now that Konami has wrapped up the World Legacy solo story they can now begin on the Albaz lore... that's gonna be another 3-4 chapters in and of itself :')

Years
I've played Cross Duel for maybe two hours in total in the end. It got boring and repetitive quickly with not that many option to what to play. Also everything was behind a paywall.

In Master Duel, I'm interested in Tearlaments, because I wasn't active in TCG during their reign. I'm not sure if I want to build them tho. When I wanted to build Spright deck, I literally pulled 0 Spright UR and SR cards from the pack. Instead, I got like 8 Neos Krugers. But I also pulled whole P.U.N.K. package including Psychic End Punisher, which I noticed at the start of this week, so I build them few days ago. So far, I'm learning all ins and outs, but it reminds me of the old Psychic Synchro decks.

Also Melffy archetype will be added and I'm looking forward to them.

Fleurdelis

Years
I've mainly stuck with Swordsoul because playing Raidraptor no longer is viable with how reliant it is on its normal summon and how quickly it folds to Maxx C... as is almost everything else but Floo.

Tears got a ton of URs so get ready to dump a ton of gems into it, 5 cards are at least UR lmao

Years
I think I'll put some gems into the pack, but I'm mainly looking for Melffies. Which means I'll probably pull exactly 0 Melffy cards.

I had more duels using P.U.N.K.s and I really like how quick the duels are, after two months of playing Runicks and Spright Runicks. P.U.N.K.s have surprisingly huge number of starters that will result in solid boards and their field spells is crazy. If only I had more hands traps to take full advantage of it.

Fleurdelis

Years
oh god the ladder is already flowing with tears... I love how they made Kitkallos a SR... definetly not forshadowing a ban... definetly not at all lmao

next month they release kashtira with like 10 UR's, mark my words :'D

Years
I'm lucky so far and barely encountered any Tears. Maybe they are all in Diamond already. But what I'm playing against more and more and 60 card decks like Despia/Shaddoll/Adventure or Adamancipator/G Golem/Ishizu/random EARTH monsters. I have no idea where they came from, but they are fun to play against.

Also I'm amazed by how many people just straight up don't read cards. I won so many duels because of that. For example, I had a Dragon Drive and Sharakusai on my side with a plan to tune them together during my opponent's turn to bounce their cards and interupt their combo. They start their turn by negating the effects of Dragon Drive instead of Sharakusai. I have no idea why. Dragon Driver has literally 0 effect it can use on the field during my opponent's turn. Or my personal favourite: Activating a S/T in a column I activated my set Infinite Impermanence that turn.

Fleurdelis

Years
I would not be suprised... the ammount of times I have been speechless as to why people even attempt to target Ultimate Falcon with any effect just baffles me when literally the first line of its effect says it doesn't care about any effect.

Fleurdelis

Years
I get to use Salamangreat once more without getting dumpstered on by the meta... although the Maxx C minigame tends to make me flip my desk.

Maybe they will become better with the new support in the TCG in August... when that comes to MD who knows... altho I have already been expirementing with Volcanic Spright aswell.

Fleurdelis

Years
New banlist is out for the TCG and I will be honest... it did nothing to make me decide for my dilemma to invest in either Kashtira or Volcanic Spright when the support comes :(

not that I will abandon Swordsoul...

stringzzz

Banned
Days
I just recently built the kind of deck I dreamed of having since I was a kid, a Toon deck, though it definitely is much more modern than what I originally wanted, but it is actually better. The cool thing is that I was able to re-create it exactly in the Yu-Gi-Oh! game for the Switch, so I got to test it out on ranked battles. It holds up pretty well, the only problem is of course when you face certain decks on there. Basically, if my opponent goes second, they often spend about 15-20 minutes chaining literally half of their deck together, in the process filling up their field with strong monsters, spells and traps, and wiping out my entire field of cards. Then they proceed to attack with everything with me being totally open, and of course they just wipe me out in their one turn. When it's like that, it's really not fun, and it makes me realize that it seems true when I heard someone say the mechanics of the game are pretty broken now.

As such, since I've tested out my deck and made adjustments, I plan on visiting a local card shop and hopefully playing against others there some day.

Fleurdelis

Years
That is the general problem with most decks, they do not have the means to keep up with the best decks in the format. Generally those being the anime decks like Toons, Blue-Eyes, Utopia etc.

Power creep has been real and so have the options to remove such boards with insanely powerful disruption.

Toons certainly can do damage with the right setup though, I don't know what your deck looks like but I am always open to give advice on some good board breakers or interruptions so you can punish your opponent for going all out :)

stringzzz

Banned
Days
That is the general problem with most decks, they do not have the means to keep up with the best decks in the format. Generally those being the anime decks like Toons, Blue-Eyes, Utopia etc.

Power creep has been real and so have the options to remove such boards with insanely powerful disruption.

Toons certainly can do damage with the right setup though, I don't know what your deck looks like but I am always open to give advice on some good board breakers or interruptions so you can punish your opponent for going all out :)

Here is my current deck setup:
Spoiler:

And here is my typical strategy and layout:
Spoiler:

Back