• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poll] Do you watch or skip the openings?

Do you watch the openings?

• Yes!

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

PB

creation hero
Years
Pokémon's opening themes can be really catchy and easy to remain stuck in your head for a bit, do you guys watch it every episode or skip? Discuss or vote!

Years
it depended on the series. the original? absolutely watch the intro everytime. johto journeys? big same. pokemon advanced? yessir. everything else? ehhh

Izanagee2005

Me. I. Yours truly.
Years
Love the Japanese Advanced Adventure opening, the original one, and the Johto openings. Gonna watch them completely always.

Years
I watch it the first time, then skip! They're good but I usually really wanna get to the main content haha. I'm a Japanese dub-only watcher since 2005 or so and love most of the openings, but if I watched Eng I'd probably skip even the first time since they tend to be pretty bad (imo) nowadays.

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
Years
The English "Journeys" opener, while short, absolutely stole my heart. I haven't skipped the opening yet, lol.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Depends on how good the intro is, always watch the Sinnoh League Victors intro whever I'm watching one of those episodes

Years
I usually watch it once or twice, but then skip it. There are few that I like, but I would rather watch the episode instead of the opening.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 21, 2021
I usually watch it once or twice, but then skip it. There are few that I like, but I would rather watch the episode instead of the opening.

I'm with you on this one. I'll watch one here and there, but I'd rather just get into the episode.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I always skip them because every season feels like same thing all over again

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 17, 2022
I've always watched the openings at the beginning of each episode since I do like the songs.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I haven't watched the anime since the early BW series...but if I did, I'd watch the openings. Other than the first time I watched Iron Fist, I think the only opening I've ever skipped is House of Cards...which I'm pretty sure was the show that led to Netflix pioneering the 'skip intro' button in the first place haha

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Depends on the opening honestly. Johto/Hoenn I'd probably listen to every time. If it is the first episode with that opening and I am binge watching, I will listen the first time and then skip it the rest of the time.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 14, 2022
I will always watch the opening of the English Dub of Ultimate Journeys just because the theme song is probably the best one ever!

Back