• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Red and Blue Deluxe

Should monsters have Generation 2-styled front sprites?

• Yes

Votes: 371 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 17.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
Just grab the .IPS patches from the link at the top of the first patch and apply them to a normal Red Version rom the same you would with any normal hack (I use Lunar IPS). You don't have to compile it yourself unless you just really want to for some reason, so if that is giving you trouble, there's no reason to worry about it if all you want to do is play the game.

But when I do, I don't get sound in my game

Years
I found a vba-m that worked even though it doesn't play in the original size, but a big gigantic block which I don't like, but oh well I don't have the issue anymore.

Now after viewing the in game trade info, I know why cheats for pokemon were included since the starter trades are outragous.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
How are we supposed to complete the Pokedex without cheating?

For instance, where is Jirachi found????? I looked through all the documents that came packaged with the rom and was unable to find an answer. And it's not just Jirachi. I'm sure there are more I can't find.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
How are we supposed to complete the Pokedex without cheating?

For instance, where is Jirachi found????? I looked through all the documents that came packaged with the rom and was unable to find an answer. And it's not just Jirachi. I'm sure there are more I can't find.

Jirachi is in the Pewter City Museum. You just have to examine the meteor fragment on display in the museum but you must have 252 in the Dex for that event to trigger or you won't get the little guy.

Lord Arkadios

PKMN Trainer Zalkari
Years
As much as I believe this would be an epic game; unfortunately them white screens make it nigh unplayable. Therefore; sad to say I cannot play your hack.

Years
Stopping by to bring awareness to this, so that I can survey if I need to balance Challenge Mode a bit or not, as nobody likes unwarranted grinding.

For those who have completed Challenge Mode: this poll may be of interest to you.

You need to catch all 252 Pokemon, yes. You need 254 if you want to access the extra boss of the game.
Two questions:
1. Where is Mew found and
2. Where is this hidden boss found?

Also:
As much as I believe this would be an epic game; unfortunately them white screens make it nigh unplayable. Therefore; sad to say I cannot play your hack.

Use VBA-M like it says in the OP nerd.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I LOVE this game, BUT! I can't get into Viridian Forest, and I don't know why Virtual Boy Advance isn't supported? I don't like BGB's controls after accidently resetting 1000 times, and VBA-M isn't as good as VBA

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
Could someone please tell me where the Battle Factory is? I have completed the game and found the Battle Tent but I can't for the life of me find the Battle Factory.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 2, 2018
Man H3 is killer but what are the differences to the normal game in H1??

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 2, 2018
So there aren't any move tutors that I can find :( Looked through the documentation too, guess they don't exist?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 2, 2018
Could someone please tell me where the Battle Factory is? I have completed the game and found the Battle Tent but I can't for the life of me find the Battle Factory.

Battle factory is just south of cerulean city, jump down ledges!

Back