• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pidgeot EX vs. MewTwo EX - TCG

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 24, 2018
Please help me solve a dispute.

Pidgeot EX is dealt 60 damage from MewTwo's shattershot (30×2 psychic energy).

Pidgeot uses Mirror Move its next turn. Does it deal 30 or 60 damage? The fine line on Mirror Move is effects are not returned, only the attack damage. In the above, I feel the attack deals 60 and there are no effects boosting the damage dealt.

Opinions and temper vary from here, so I'll flip it to the community for the assist.

Thanks for the help.

Years
After digging, the damage done to Pidgeot EX by the attack is the damage Mirror Move does, including in this case.

Also worth noting but maybe you don't play with it:

If you opt to use Ninja Boy to swap Pidgeot EX into play with the intent of using Mirror Move, if the Pokemon you're swapping it in for with Ninja Boy was damaged last turn, Ninja Boy causes that damage to be remembered (since all damage and status conditions and effects transfer to the new Pokemon), so in this case you could Mirror Move for the damage your previous Pokemon received last turn.

Last edited:
Back