• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

piplup_pryde245

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2007
hey nice hack baro i just love you're hacks but couldn't understand sum of the spanish in quartz but other then that i liked it and keep up the good work on this hack.

peace out >_<

Montana

la-dee-dah
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2008
When I noticed here that Thé Baro is creating another hack I just had to sign up!

I've only just got out of Hollow Woods, but here's what I think of the game up till now:
THE GOOD
- The graphics!!! Great combination of GBA, NDS and entirely new stuff if you ask me.
- The mapping/locations!!! Truly original and even daring with maps that are way more complex than the original games, which I love, 'cause I think it gives it a more "realistic look". (natural landscapes aren't always nicely devided in real life as well)
- The level of hardness!!! Finally, a game that's actually a challenge right from the beginning! You won't believe how many times I had to head back to the PokéCenter when I was in Hollow Woods. I actually had to restart the game a couple of times because I lost :P. Like I just barely won from the girl with all the starters, then all of a sudden that frikkin' rival wants to battle, I got p0wned so hard.
- The story!!! I've only read about it, but I think that's where your true originality shines thru. Up till now I liked the hidden place in the forest (where I got p0wned by the school kid the first time as well lol)
- The mature content!!! It always makes me lol when I read stuff in your games like "Damn you!" and "I hate you!". Oh, I rofl'd reading about the hentai drawing of the school teacher.
- Some of the pokémon types combo's!!! Gusvolts electric and bug?!? Armarito's got some electric moves as well?!? Awesome!!!

THE BAD
- Nothing so far!!! Just a little remark: in Hollow Woods you can find an Antidote but it's pretty useless since none of the pokémon you can find can poison. I'd suggest you change it with a Paralyz Heal, 'cause my pokémon got paralyzed an infinite amount of times (yes, sir, p0wned again! Y'all must really think I truly s*ck)

THE UGLY
- OK, I'm not a big fan of how the starter pokémon look as well, but I really like pokémon like Beethee and Lando (hope they have cool evo's). Lando is based on one of those bags filled with seeds which you have to water so they grow "hair" (grass), right?

PS:
In Tangerine City there's this cool music with these wicked hard drums, almost like some 80's hip hop. Did you make that song or did it already exist?

By the way, I was thinking about creating like an encyclopedia for Marble, like Bulbapedia with lots of info and pics/screenshots. Anybody interested in the idea?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Dark tyranitar said:
This very well, but I do not like the grass that seems repollo xD
hahahaha
hahaha
lol

When I noticed here that Thé Baro is creating another hack I just had to sign up!

I've only just got out of Hollow Woods, but here's what I think of the game up till now:
THE GOOD
- The graphics!!! Great combination of GBA, NDS and entirely new stuff if you ask me.
- The mapping/locations!!! Truly original and even daring with maps that are way more complex than the original games, which I love, 'cause I think it gives it a more "realistic look". (natural landscapes aren't always nicely devided in real life as well)
- The level of hardness!!! Finally, a game that's actually a challenge right from the beginning! You won't believe how many times I had to head back to the PokéCenter when I was in Hollow Woods. I actually had to restart the game a couple of times because I lost :P. Like I just barely won from the girl with all the starters, then all of a sudden that frikkin' rival wants to battle, I got p0wned so hard.
- The story!!! I've only read about it, but I think that's where your true originality shines thru. Up till now I liked the hidden place in the forest (where I got p0wned by the school kid the first time as well lol)
- The mature content!!! It always makes me lol when I read stuff in your games like "Damn you!" and "I hate you!". Oh, I rofl'd reading about the hentai drawing of the school teacher.
- Some of the pokémon types combo's!!! Gusvolts electric and bug?!? Armarito's got some electric moves as well?!? Awesome!!!

THE BAD
- Nothing so far!!! Just a little remark: in Hollow Woods you can find an Antidote but it's pretty useless since none of the pokémon you can find can poison. I'd suggest you change it with a Paralyz Heal, 'cause my pokémon got paralyzed an infinite amount of times (yes, sir, p0wned again! Y'all must really think I truly s*ck)

THE UGLY
- OK, I'm not a big fan of how the starter pokémon look as well, but I really like pokémon like Beethee and Lando (hope they have cool evo's). Lando is based on one of those bags filled with seeds which you have to water so they grow "hair" (grass), right?

PS:
In Tangerine City there's this cool music with these wicked hard drums, almost like some 80's hip hop. Did you make that song or did it already exist?

By the way, I was thinking about creating like an encyclopedia for Marble, like Bulbapedia with lots of info and pics/screenshots. Anybody interested in the idea?

Thanks man.

Good idea changing the antidotes for paraliz heal. Didn't realize weedles are now gusvolts.

Hm? Armorito has electric moves? It wasn't supposed to (it's ground-type). thanks for reporting.

Lando is actually (like its name suggests) based in a piece of land with lawn on it. It evolves into Lawndawn, whose name is took from lawn with a homage to Martin Landau. (there's an explanation for homaging Landau, but to understand it you'd have to be Spaniard AND old enough to remember a show named El Informal). Beethe evolves in a monk-looking beetle.

Last edited:

Montana

la-dee-dah
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2008
Hm? Armorito has electric moves? It wasn't supposed to (it's ground-type). thanks for reporting.

Lando is actually (like its name suggests) based in a piece of land with lawn on it. It evolves into Lawndawn, whose name is took from lawn with a homage to Martin Landau. (there's an explanation for homaging Landau, but to understand it you'd have to be Spaniard AND old enough to remember a show named El Informal). Beethe evolves in a monk-looking beetle.

About Armorite: I thought that because his Dex entry reads:
It has small electric sacs on both his cheeks. If threatened it looses ele-

Oh, wait, I just realized that's still the entry for Pikachu. *slaps himself around*

About Lawndawn: I don't know the show, but I do know the actor from his memorable performance as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood, one of my all-time fav movies. ;)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
About Armorite: I thought that because his Dex entry reads:
It has small electric sacs on both his cheeks. If threatened it looses ele-

Oh, wait, I just realized that's still the entry for Pikachu. *slaps himself around*

About Lawndawn: I don't know the show, but I do know the actor from his memorable performance as Bela Lugosi in Ed Wood, one of my all-time fav movies. ;)

Ah, so you haven't seen it performing electric movements? Fine then. Yeah, the pokedex is still not done, so that's pikachu's entry.

AS for Landau, he actor's career has actually nothing to do with it. In that show they took videos of him and did humoristic thigns dubbing them. He "presented" a section of the show called "Dr. Strange's Lab". As I said, this would make no sense if you don't know the show (which you don't, so it's pointles to talk about it)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Lando is actually (like its name suggests) based in a piece of land with lawn on it. It evolves into Lawndawn, whose name is took from lawn with a homage to Martin Landau. (there's an explanation for homaging Landau, but to understand it you'd have to be Spaniard AND old enough to remember a show named El Informal).

OMG! You took the name from there! I was sure I remembered it from something... Wow... I love most of the names you choose *Thinks on Doctor Kayuko*

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Well tomorrow I'm starting university (in another city) so you can imagine the speed the hack will have from now on.

Current progress:
former lavender town, now cyan town (home of the 3rd gym)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, good luck with that, mate! We'll be waiting for some hot new info when the chance arrives.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Hey Great Job Baro!!,
I just wanted to say I trained my Pokemon so hard that my
Coalchu Is now a Roellama on LV38 0_o!
But my Ornlil is only on 13 HaHa!

Sorry for the double post but when are you going to
change the Pokeicons? I would really like to see them.

Last edited:

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Hey Great Job Baro!!,
I just wanted to say I trained my Pokemon so hard that my
Coalchu Is now a Roellama on LV38 0_o!
But my Ornlil is only on 13 HaHa!

Sorry for the double post but when are you going to
change the Pokeicons? I would really like to see them.

Your double post has been automatically merged.

I'll change the icons when I'm done with all the pokemon, at least the first 150

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
Years
Do you have a set date for the next beta? I'd love to continue this game (my Scimp is diffycult to train against weak pokémons! He is 34[I know he evolves 35] also, I have a Bultoad at 36 heheh

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
This game seems good so far.
I'll try and make some time to play this as soon as possible!

(So far, it looks awesome. Screenshots, storyline, etc.)
I've played Quartz, where I wasn't so interested, but this looks much more interesting! (no offense.)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Do you have a set date for the next beta? I'd love to continue this game (my Scimp is diffycult to train against weak pokémons! He is 34[I know he evolves 35] also, I have a Bultoad at 36 heheh
Wow, you guys train your pokemon a lot! my bultoad is level 38 but I battled many new trainers from beta 2!

On the release date thing: no, I started college so I don't know how much can I work on the hack (I have to work in the laptop, in another city, going here and there, and I don't have internet in the apartment yet). Anyways, I never plan release date, but when I have a certain amount of work done I consider releasing a beta in a few time. Your scimp must wait a lot more. Obviously, beta 1 is not planned to evolve-them-all(tm)

Also, returning to the topic of icons, I'm considering making icons overworld-sprite-like, in front view, as in the first versions but with different sprites for each pokémon (obvioulsy).
I'll make a poll on this here (looks like I can't add a poll to the thread now, so post here)... let the people decide: front view (GB/GBC) or diagonal view (GBA)

Last edited:

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
I just started palying this hack a few minutes ago. It's pretty good! I've played Quartz, but this one looks better!

Current favorite is Todad.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hmmm... Front or Diagonal view? Well, it's really hard to decide, because in the end all are new pokes, so they would look original in any case.

If I'm gonna be strict about it, I'd pick "front" because there are still some pokes originally from Quartz, and since I want to make you work a bit more... :badsmile:
(But they could also be useful to you when you need to make an overworld out of one ;))

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Oh just tried the beta,
the story sounds real interesting,
keep it up

Back