• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
"pure awesomeness" is a great feature indeed. I was also wondering about something ... I use mrdollsteak attack and decap rombase. In the .zip file of the rombase, mrdollsteak included roms.ini (for PGE). In your PokeRoms.ini changed the attack offsets, abilities offset and all the shet, but I couldn't find the type names offset (in your PokeRoms.ini), so everything but the type names is ... Did you include the type names in your PokeRoms.ini or it's just me?

pl0x read the documentation, it explains how to set up G3HS with my rombase!

Making me look bad gal! Trying to keep KK harassing to a minimum :P

xGal

Mhm
Years
pl0x read the documentation, it explains how to set up G3HS with my rombase!

Making me look bad gal! Trying to keep KK harassing to a minimum :P

My mistake hahahaha (don't tell anyone - I never read documentations :P).

Now I can add Fakemon and some other gen Pokémon :P!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I must just be doing something wrong. I keep looking for a .exe file and finding nothing. I'm going to redownload and look again. Maybe I screwed something up while half asleep.

EDIT: I figured out what I was doing wrong. the download under Source Code (.zip) does not contain the .exe file. I went through the Windows link and got it just fine.

I used to host the .exe with the source code, but there is a 10mb threshold. If I supersede it (which I used to before remastering some things) it won't let you download.

.kateproject is the file that keeps track of where all my source code is so I can open up Kate (a great linux code editor) and have all of my source code file out in front of me.:P So yeah, that is what is going on there.

xGal

Mhm
Years
Roger, let's say I added a Pokémon using the Pokémon Expander. How is it possible to make it appear in the tall grass? I already tried to edit AdvanceMap's ini but I haven't found the Pokémon names offset :/.

karatekid552

Years
Roger, let's say I added a Pokémon using the Pokémon Expander. How is it possible to make it appear in the tall grass? I already tried to edit AdvanceMap's ini but I haven't found the Pokémon names offset :/.

You either wait for MEH to be ready, you contact LU-HO and get the source code (which he said he was releasing a month ago....), or you use a hex editor.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Oh, there's a thread for this. I'm a little late to the party, but it's not over yet right?

As for the expanding features, those have been quite useful so far! I haven't dallied around too much with it yet, but hopefully I'll have the opportunity of testing all the tools this bad boy has got to offer :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Bah, I tried to keep up to date and I still missed the launch by quite a bit. xD I have to admit, ever since this was announced I've been waiting (not so) patiently. This is exactly what I've been looking for! :D

An issue I have is whenever I load one of my later ROMs I get this error:
loVmN8t.png

Quite frankly, I don't really care because this tool is so worth it and an earlier version works fine anyway. :) A lot of the new stuff I created (to my knowledge) are mostly maps anyway which can just be imported. I think this is the greatest tool we've had ina very, very long time! Thanks a lot! :D

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Well, I did a test run, and I found a way to have a ROM with expanded Pokémon to be compatible with Wichu's Sprite editing programs. No offense, I prefer his sprite editing program over the one in this program.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Bah, I tried to keep up to date and I still missed the launch by quite a bit. xD I have to admit, ever since this was announced I've been waiting (not so) patiently. This is exactly what I've been looking for! :D

An issue I have is whenever I load one of my later ROMs I get this error:
loVmN8t.png

Quite frankly, I don't really care because this tool is so worth it and an earlier version works fine anyway. :) A lot of the new stuff I created (to my knowledge) are mostly maps anyway which can just be imported. I think this is the greatest tool we've had ina very, very long time! Thanks a lot! :D

Okay, I can guarantee you, that if an old version loaded it and this one doesn't, that you reset the ini in between upgrading. You can't do that, you have to keep you ini and just pull in the new resources folder and exe. If you don't, then you lose all of the custom offsets and nothing loads right.

99.9999999999999% of people's issues are because of this. Trust me. Almost every single bug report I get can be chalked up to this.

Well, I did a test run, and I found a way to have a ROM with expanded Pokémon to be compatible with Wichu's Sprite editing programs. No offense, I prefer his sprite editing program over the one in this program.

His tool was always compatible..... There is no reason why you shouldn't use his tools if you are Windows. However, his tools, at least for me, refuse to open properly under Wine.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
His tool was always compatible..... There is no reason why you shouldn't use his tools if you are Windows. However, his tools, at least for me, refuse to open properly under Wine.
I had a feeling, but I had a problem locating one offset that wasn't in Pokeroms.ini. The BackPaletteTable offset. I had to look within the ROM itself through a hex editor in order to find it. But yeah, I found it. I now have every single Sinnoh and Unova Pokémon sprite in Firered.

karatekid552

Years
I had a feeling, but I had a problem locating one offset that wasn't in Pokeroms.ini. The BackPaletteTable offset. I had to look within the ROM itself through a hex editor in order to find it. But yeah, I found it. I now have every single Sinnoh and Unova Pokémon sprite in Firered.

BackPaletteTable was a stupid name. It is shiny palettes.:P If you notice, I didn't bother changing FrontPaletteTable to NormalPaletteTable, but I had to change the other.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Ah, okay...uh-oh. I've hit a problem after inserting all the front, shiny, and back sprites of the new Pokémon, plus adjusting the positions of the sprites, I can't edit the new Pokémon in G3RMS anymore :/

In order to save space, I'll put this all in a spoiler:
Spoiler:

karatekid552

Years
Ah, okay...uh-oh. I've hit a problem after inserting all the front, shiny, and back sprites of the new Pokémon, plus adjusting the positions of the sprites, I can't edit the new Pokémon in G3RMS anymore :/

In order to save space, I'll put this all in a spoiler:
Spoiler:

Something has changed. I can tell you that if it was working and now it isn't, your ini was changed or you have two roms that are attempting to access the same ini slot (this only happens when you screw around with the ini manually). Is your ini perhaps in DropBox and there was conflict and now you have two copies of two different versions of it? PM me a copy of the ini and rom and I will probably be able to find the issue.

Smeargle

Illusory
Years
1. Do you have any plans for an intro editor? Like the whole Professor Oak/Birch thing. It would be nice to have a simple tool in which I could edit the text.
2. You should add a type editor, this program totally has full potential to be an all in one! it would be beyond convenient.
3. Are plugins a possibility for the future?

Thanks for this tool, It really helps

karatekid552

Years
1. Do you have any plans for an intro editor? Like the whole Professor Oak/Birch thing. It would be nice to have a simple tool in which I could edit the text.
2. You should add a type editor, this program totally has full potential to be an all in one! it would be beyond convenient.
3. Are plugins a possibility for the future?

Thanks for this tool, It really helps

1) Mayyyybe. You can do it with A-Text if you are careful.
2) I'm getting there man, don't worry. I have bigger fish to fry before then.:P
3) Plugins might work out, but you would need to know python.:P

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2018
hello, thank you very much for making this fantastic tool,
but I have an error when inserting spirtes

error loading sprte data...
Bad LZ777 compressed data at 0x728e08

images failed to descompress. Aborting sprite load

could you help me?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2018
I added 400 new pokemon and when I went to insert the spirte insert some normally, but as I came to tenth that mistake.

I get this error for all new pokemon sprites have not yet,
if you could explain me how to avoid that mistake in the future I'll be grateful.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Yeah...this program keeps telling me that my ROM doesn't work, even though I just used the program to edit the stats of some of the Pokémon. Now, the program keeps telling me that some learned move set pointer is FFFFFFFF.

It would be really nice as to why this keeps on happening to me...

karatekid552

Years
I added 400 new pokemon and when I went to insert the spirte insert some normally, but as I came to tenth that mistake.

I get this error for all new pokemon sprites have not yet,
if you could explain me how to avoid that mistake in the future I'll be grateful.

99% of errors I have heard of with sprites come from people either manually repointing and overwriting data, or failing to uncheck the "fill with FF" box on sprites of expanded pokemon. You see, expanded mons all share the same sprite (I doubt you wanted me to waste a ton of space by inserting 800 blank sprites and 800 blank palettes, 2 for each). So, if you fill the old blank sprite with FF, poof, sprite doesn't exist anymore and every successive mon that still uses it won't load. Simple as that.

Yeah...this program keeps telling me that my ROM doesn't work, even though I just used the program to edit the stats of some of the Pokémon. Now, the program keeps telling me that some learned move set pointer is FFFFFFFF.

It would be really nice as to why this keeps on happening to me...

I replied to your pm with a full explanation of what was wrong. I also did this using just the exe and problem solving with logic. No programming involved.

Edit:

I spy with my little eye a little new feature......

gGEtG.jpg

Last edited:
Back