• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
That's the first time a bug like that has ever happened. Try downloading a new clean FR rom. I suggest downloading it from Coolrom.com

EDIT: I Just tried the event twice and it worked perfect both times. I'm pretty sure it may be the fire red rom you patched it too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
I would, but it somehow fixed itself after alot of retries. I am able to move on in the game now.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Nice update. But I'm not fond of overleveled pseudo-legendaries in wild...
They will be much weaker than any Pokémon in your party... not to mention they will be totally useless not having EVs and so on...

Lol. Why someone would care that much about EV's ? I know it would turn out that they would be weaker but....

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
I have a question, will there be a town simillar to lavendar town in this hack? That would be awsome. I love the somewhat creepy music and the dark theme of it.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I have a question, will there be a town simillar to lavendar town in this hack? That would be awsome. I love the somewhat creepy music and the dark theme of it.

Salem and the Volair Forest are both a little creepy. The haunted tower where you'll meet Yugi at will be creepy as well. I'm getting pretty close to editing that area.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2016
christ this game is tough to continue with, the difficulty curve right from the start is fairly high and once your up to Brock first time around it gets a bit insane, ive had a run through starting with Gible and reached the end albeit with about 20 losses (those kyrrems wiped me out even as a 62 chomp) running through with bagon now but stuck at brock first time since shelgon can't counter steelix at all (it was tough enough getting past the fossil guy) i tried dratini but its close to impossible to start off with due to its starting move being wrap as its main source of damage.
and also could you make hyper potions available by atlantic city? super potions dont cut it at all -_-
~ could it be possible to give dratini a bit more of a chance early stages.
~ make hyper potions available earlier
~ and may be de-level the bosses PKMN a little? so far they have full teams at the lvl where you'd be with only training one pokemon, and trust me ive hunted down every trainer for the exp -_-
~ oh almost forgot - could you make fire punch and flame wheel into physical based moves? they still base around special, and the only decent fire type that you can attain early on basically is useless for fire type moves, great for covering others just fire...

a very brilliant hack, i like the bosses and the wild pokemon system and the length of how long it takes just to get to the first gym leader, the story really comes together later that im really enjoying.
just that the difficulty might be a little too high that might throw people off a bit. (at the start when i saw the rosalia with weather ball at the start i was like dafuq O_O )
hope i haven't spoiled anything if i have, message me and i'll edit and abbreviate spoilers
i really look forward to the next beta of the hack :D
O_O (first decent post on the forum i think)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
christ this game is tough to continue with, the difficulty curve right from the start is fairly high and once your up to Brock first time around it gets a bit insane, ive had a run through starting with Gible and reached the end albeit with about 20 losses (those kyrrems wiped me out even as a 62 chomp) running through with bagon now but stuck at brock first time since shelgon can't counter steelix at all (it was tough enough getting past the fossil guy) i tried dratini but its close to impossible to start off with due to its starting move being wrap as its main source of damage.
and also could you make hyper potions available by atlantic city? super potions dont cut it at all -_-
~ could it be possible to give dratini a bit more of a chance early stages.
~ make hyper potions available earlier
~ and may be de-level the bosses PKMN a little? so far they have full teams at the lvl where you'd be with only training one pokemon, and trust me ive hunted down every trainer for the exp -_-
~ oh almost forgot - could you make fire punch and flame wheel into physical based moves? they still base around special, and the only decent fire type that you can attain early on basically is useless for fire type moves, great for covering others just fire...

a very brilliant hack, i like the bosses and the wild pokemon system and the length of how long it takes just to get to the first gym leader, the story really comes together later that im really enjoying.
just that the difficulty might be a little too high that might throw people off a bit. (at the start when i saw the rosalia with weather ball at the start i was like dafuq O_O )
hope i haven't spoiled anything if i have, message me and i'll edit and abbreviate spoilers
i really look forward to the next beta of the hack :D
O_O (first decent post on the forum i think)

Thanks, I really appriciate this post. Judging by you and a few others playthrough, I will tone the difficulty down some. Beta 2 will be even better then the first and much, much longer.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2012
Woah, this hack is amazing the scripts is really good I'm up until ATLANTIC CAVE and I can say this is awesome since you added newer Pokemon from the 4th and 5th gen! :)

Anyways tajaros and DarkRisingGirl are doing a great job on this, goodluck on this I can't wait for BETA2! :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Lol. Why someone would care that much about EV's ? I know it would turn out that they would be weaker but....
Dude... are you serious? o.O
Who in the hell doesn't care about EVs? o.O
EVs are most important thing o.O That's why most players prefer training low leveled Pokémon than using high leveled caught Pokémon.

Salem and the Volair Forest are both a little creepy. The haunted tower where you'll meet Yugi at will be creepy as well. I'm getting pretty close to editing that area.
Can we have Lavender Town music there? :D

christ this game is tough to continue with, the difficulty curve right from the start is fairly high and once your up to Brock first time around it gets a bit insane, ive had a run through starting with Gible and reached the end albeit with about 20 losses (those kyrrems wiped me out even as a 62 chomp)
Are you doing a solo run? o.O 'cause if you train Lucario, Kyurems will be piece of a cake. One Aura Sphere and both were down.

Thanks, I really appriciate this post. Judging by you and a few others playthrough, I will tone the difficulty down some. Beta 2 will be even better then the first and much, much longer.
His post made me think of one thing... are you planning to implement physical/special split into second ROM?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years

EVs are most important thing o.O That's why most players prefer training low leveled Pokémon than using high leveled caught Pokémon.

Ok...if you're into competitive battling you could say this. But it's like you're saying that you just caught a lv 90 Dragonite and you won't use it because it's EV's are lower. And yeah i know over 20 people that don't even know about EV's.
Also in 2001 did anyone in the hell knew about EV's ?

Years
Ok...if you're into competitive battling you could say this. But it's like you're saying that you just caught a lv 90 Dragonite and you won't use it because it's EV's are lower. And yeah i know over 20 people that don't even know about EV's.
Also in 2001 did anyone in the hell knew about EV's ?

If you guys want to continue that discussion, keep it to VMs, it's off topic.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years

Can we have Lavender Town music there? :D

Are you doing a solo run? o.O 'cause if you train Lucario, Kyurems will be piece of a cake. One Aura Sphere and both were down.

His post made me think of one thing... are you planning to implement physical/special split into second ROM?

Yes, the second rom will have the physical/special split. While I'm doing everything for the first rom, Tajaros is putting in all of these patches for the 2nd rom and making sure they're working correctly.

@_PokemonMasters

Overall, there will still be 4 betas. 2 for the first game, 2 for the second game. I'm really excited for beta 2 though. I've added a bunch of exciting things and I know you'll all love the desert area. An update showing new stuff is coming this weekend.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Overall, there will still be 4 betas. 2 for the first game, 2 for the second game. I'm really excited for beta 2 though. I've added a bunch of exciting things and I know you'll all love the desert area. An update showing new stuff is coming this weekend.

The second rom is the second game right ? And by saying that there are going to have 2 betas for every game so beta2 is going to be the final one right ? ( excluding bug fixed versions )

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Just to make sure to apply an update all I have to do is re-patch it with the new update right?

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2012
So , I might just be dumb or something but I can't seem to get the rom working.
If I Start the .zip file or the extracted .ips file with VBA it gives me 2 errors.
Help ? :D

Back