• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Sardonyx: Raised to Win

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Short answer: A few hours long, with two available gyms.

Long answer: A few hours long, with two available gyms. But as stated in the OP, gyms in this game are (for the most part) optional. As a result, the main story of this game is a lot less focused on the Pokémon League, leaving you to decide when you want to challenge them (if at all). This renders gyms as an ineffective means of gauging the amount of content in this game as the story can potentially go beyond the city with the most recently added Gym, as is currently the case. You'll always be notified of when the demo ends in terms of its actual story, leaving you to do whatever you wish to do within the current version.

Last edited:

Keileon

Pokémon Sardonyx: RtW dev
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
It also depends rather heavily on how quickly or slowly you play. There's a LOT of content you can easily skip, and doing that content can extend your playtime a huge amount. Taking youtubers as an example, I've seen:

1. 7 episodes anywhere between 90 minutes and 3 hours each
2. 11 episodes 30-50 minutes each
3. 20 episodes 30-50 minutes each

and so on. It mostly just depends on playstyle (none of them cut anything out aside from grinding and crashes).

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
It's April once again, and you know what that means...

That's right! Groray makes its fated return to Sardonyx for the entire month!
A fusion of Luxray and Grovyle born of a in-joke between members of Ragnarok Raven, Groray learns anything Grovyle and normal Luxray are capable of learning while having an average of their base stats. But because it's a joke (and is a bit strong), it also haves the unfortunate ability Jester to confuse it every other turn. So use at your own risk.
While patching is not necessary to obtain this mystery gift, you should be on 2.6 for the gift to work properly.

Also, there's another thing coded in, but I forgot what it is. Just know that whatever it is, it'll only last until the 14th.

Now then, if you'll excuse me, I've got some Inkay to deal with...

Keileon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
You could always play during the day, or set your computer clock to daytime.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
yeah not to be rude or ungrateful for the epic experience the game brings and all but that doesn't help too much when I'm trying to find pokemon that come out at night. I barely can see where the grass areas begin or end nor judge when trainers are likely to come at me if I cross their field of vision. Like for instance I'm hunting for a snivy on route three as well as a spinarak for a quest I accepted. I can barely see anything where I'm exploring unless I stare at the screen close up (which is obviously a bad idea).

Its up to you guys of course on how to make this game but it would be nice for more lighting. Not even the main games are this dark during night.

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
looneyman1: Yeah honestly, that's a pretty good point. We'll figure out something for the lighting by the time 3.0 rolls out. For now, just bear with it.

Saartje: Really depends on what you end up doing in the game, but at least a few hours in its current release.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
of course, I at least got the pokemon I needed for now so I'm ok for now. Thanks for hearing me out

EDIT: Are there any ability capsules? I've been trying to get a good Magikarp and I finally got a timid natured one to train up an altarian gyarados but it has Moxie which is decidedly useless for a special sweeper.

Last edited:

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
No problem.

And there are Ability Capsules, but 1. they're late in the demo and 2. they're expensive. I'd also think its alternative (Anger Point) is kinda useless on a Timid Altaran Gyarados (although really, it's primarily meant to be a mixed attacker anyway, so idk maybe you could still make physical moves work for it despite its nature? *shrugs*).

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I went ahead and tried again and got another timid one with Swift Swim. Its IVs aren't as good as the last one sadly, but they're decent enough. the first one had 28 in special attack and 29 in speed, this one has only 16 in special attack and 31 in speed, but the tradeoff is 28 in defense which works off well with the intimidate ability in the end. A bummer but I can work with this. I'll keep the ability capsule in mind for a different pokemon however, so I'm good for now. Thanks for letting me know so soon.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmm. I noticed something curious here, the earlier lighting issue I mentioned is not at all an issue on route 4. Everywhere from the Granite Town up to Rubina City does have this ridiculously overly dark aesthetic but route four looks perfectly fine. Its good to see that the issue I had seems to be isolated to earlier parts of the game, so hopefully that wont be an issue for me much longer as I play from this point onward. I figured I'd mention it for when you look into the lighting issue from Granite to Rubina as it seems isolated to those earlier parts of the game.

Keileon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
It's actually just because we forgot the night fog on Route 4 due to there being no light source on part of it. I thought we fixed it though.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I might have downloaded an older version somehow If thats the case. I dunno.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
"Also, there's another thing coded in, but I forgot what it is. Just know that whatever it is, it'll only last until the 14th."
Can I have a hint? I'll send picture of my dog if that's what it takes

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hey I failed to explore the charred path before and just now found the pokemon egg at the end of the trail. Is there anything special about it? I ask since its clear its a vulpix egg, and vulpix are fairly common. I'm curious if when it hatches theres anything unique.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
Hi, love the screenies. Is there any chance you could provide an alternate download link (say, mediafire)? The current link doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried different browsers, but no luck so far. It might be because of the country I'm in :)

Lord X-Giga-X

Sardonyx's Evil Dev
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Based on another person having similar problems, it might just be that. Also, I'll just say that you misunderstood the link in the OP. It isn't a download link itself, but rather the link to the actual download links. Which would mean you can't use the actual site itself, because otherwise if it was the direct download that was failing, you should have actually noticed the MediaFire uploads we have there in case the direct link failed.

But since that that is not the case and I can get to the site no problem, I'll just pull out the MediaFire links for the core and patch:
CORE
PATCH

You will need to download both to play on current version. You might not need this patch download specifically, but you should keep it on hand just in case. You will need to extract all of the files from the 2.2 core archive (this should go without saying, but we've unfortunately had people prove us otherwise), then download and apply the patch via the launcher (letting it run if Smart Screen is brought up). If that method of updating doesn't work, then extract the files from the patch from this download into the game folder (the subfolder named Sardonyx in the game folder once that's been completely extracted) and replace files when prompted. I would just say extract the contents of the core

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
my game keeps crashing when I go through the forest ruins. Theres no other path from what I can tell that leads out of this place, where do I go?

Keileon

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
If you backtrack in the forest, you will find a sign pointing you in the right direction.

Back