• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Good news! Jordan and myself agreed to let AMAs begin! We'll be kicking those off shortly, with more details to come. 8)

Also coming soon is "Element of the Week!" Hope you chemistry folks look forward to that! ;D

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I guess I'll just treat this thread as if it were like the old times then :)

I'm considering moving on from Windows Phone once my phone dies... Too many people on Discord lately.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
I can't plan on getting anything while my phone is still perfectly alive and has no performance issues. :P

I'm the same. I still have my nokia brick (nokia c1-01). And I only bought that one because my Nokia 3310's battery started dying and only lasted a few hours.

A lot of people have been trying to convince me to buy a smartphone. But I really don't want to only because it seems like you have to charge them pretty much every day while I think charging my current one every 2 weeks is already a chore.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
toot

Interested to see how this section goes. :)

Seeing some of us said what we do, I'm a PhD student atm in physics, specifically radio astronomy. Observing and data analysis/programming is part of that research.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
As a chemistry student, I'm more like a wannabe scientist at the moment. But hey, it gives me at least an excuse to step by here more often!

Now let's see how this place is going to develop itself.

Sir Codin

Maybe I can do some biology stuff for this forum sometimes. Right now I'm a Bachelor of Science in Biology looking for a job and failing so I'm also now looking for post-graduate internships.

If I do regular bio-stuff in this forum, it'll help refresh my knowledge at least.

Years
Maybe I can do some biology stuff for this forum sometimes. Right now I'm a Bachelor of Science in Biology looking for a job and failing so I'm also now looking for post-graduate internships.

If I do regular bio-stuff in this forum, it'll help refresh my knowledge at least.
Would definitely love to see some biology topics here, if you have any you'd like to start! :)

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Loved Chem II in high school. Favorite lab we did was brewing rum.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
Years
Oh also, more on topic, I don't have a science degree (I'm just a nurse and even though I've had my fair share of human anatomy, pathology, bacteriology/virology/parasitology, it's not that detailed enough).

However I have been really interested in prehistory since I was a little kid and could just barely read. I mostly know about the Mesozoic era (aka the dinosaur era, 252 million years ago - 66 million years ago although true dinosaurs only showed up around 225 million years ago) and the Paleozoic era (541 million years ago till 252 million years ago). My main interests in these eras are animal life, the evolution of them, the climate and mass extinction events.

Recently I've also taken an interest in the ediacaran biota which predate the Paleozoic, but sadly not much is know about those life forms.

I'm also really interested in the universe and while I know more about it than your average joe, it's probably nothing compared to someone who has a degree in physics and astronomy.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Just remember to make sure YouTube is serving H.264 wherever possible if you're using Chrome. :)

I'm having new hardware envy again, no thanks to new video cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back