• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poetry] Sensless and chaotic poems for the world of sorrow and oblivion

Years
Removed because the person who made comment on it was right. I will restart it when I learn something to make it better.

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
I... don't know where you learnt poetry but you have a major misconception about it. Poetry is about meaning first and foremost, rhyming only comes later and is not a key element (In fact, I find rhyming necropastoral but that's a tangent for another time). Blank verse poetry is such an example of no rhyming involved. Also I'm more impressed with someone being able to evoke something through a poem, than just basic rhyming which can be done with the assistance of RhymeZone.com or whatnot.

That you said that this poem held no meaning just made me feel like I wasted my few seconds reading through what you put up. Trying to grapple with what you were trying to achieve only to discover that it was empty and lacking in substance. Native speaker or not, I can't forgive this crime. You don't need to be a great English speaker to write poetry for even the simplest of words went used correctly in hand with tone and form can be poignant and profound. You could've built something with the image of nature and the character of the solitary man and castle, but you chose to just focus on unimportant things like rhyming (I'd also like to point out that 'rest' does not rhyme with 'forest'; it's a sight rhyme, I will give you that). Not to mention, the sentences don't flow cohesively and just feels like a lazy effort, like you're stringing together words for the sake of.. I don't even know tbh.

I'm really disappointed. My advise is to look at professional poets and their works and to shed your misconception that "Every poem must rhyme". Read up on literary devices, the basics of them such as simile, metaphor, imagery, etc. If you are serious about poetry (I really hope you are), you need to be sensitive to the language and the words' meaning. I do wish to see you publish more poems and practice on the craft. Don't feel discouraged just because you think your vocabulary is limited, practice is what makes your writing better. Nobody was born with the entire dictionary in their brains. Reading and writing more will get you far.

Back