• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen How do you get Mew part 2

Years
For some reason the other thread got closed :S I wanted to ask another question..... what do you mean by a special stat of 21? Like defence/attack? Or 21 for a move (forgot the name, not HP but something else for the amount of times you can use 1 move).

Also, how on Earth do people find out about these glitches, like how to get Mew? Is it definately a glitch or was it programmed in on purpose as a cheat?

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
It was closed because a mod felt it should be closed. And it's usually not a good idea to make another thread about the same thing.

As for the special stat, it's neither. From what I can remember, special attack and special defense were the same stat in RBY; both are classified under the one "special" stat.

Of course it was a glitch. Nintendo meant for Mew to be given out through events, not a glitch. And people just look at the game's raw data to find all this stuff. It's how cheats are made.

SRV

Years
  • Age 33
  • N.B.
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
The programmers gave each pokemon an individual decimal number which is programmed into the games memory. It is not a glitch. However, to trigure a pokemon's decimal number and make them appear is a glitch. Mew's decimal is 21. Your pokemon's special stat has nothing to do with Power Points. Just get a pokemon with a special of 21.
Example:
HP 43
ATTACK 35
DEFENSE 32
SPEED 30
SPECIAL 21

I'm not sure how people figure out things like this. Once they find out how to get one pokemon. They probably test the theory with many special stat numbers until they figure it all out.

SRV

Years
  • Age 33
  • N.B.
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
All Red and Blue have that Yellow doesn't is the Cinnabar Island no memory glitch. Surf east coast of Cinnabar.

Years
Yeah the first one I eveer heard of 6 years ago was how to talk to the guy in Viridian that tells you how to catch Pokemon, then surf on Cinnabar so it looks like you are half on land, half on water and you see Missingno and then you get heaps of whatever your 5th or 6th item was. Me and everyone else that brang their Pokemon games to school did that to get rare candy's haha. I also saw if you caught Missingno and raise it a level it turns into a Kangaskan (can't remember how to spell that properly) so I caught one and gave it a rare candy and walla, after trying so hard to catch one in the Safari zone I finally got myself a Kangaskhan however you spell it.

SRV

Years
  • Age 33
  • N.B.
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
This thread is going nowhere...Everyone already knows about that glitch.

Back