The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Competitive Pokémon
Battle Server Support

Competitive Pokémon The forum designed for all of your competitive Pokémon needs! Here you can discuss the metagame, receive help on your team, ask for battles, participate in events, and much more!
Quick Links: PC's Battle Server


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201    
Old March 6th, 2014 (5:43 AM).
Kakarot1212's Avatar
Kakarot1212 Kakarot1212 is offline
Resident Programmer
     
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: Phillipines
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 549
    I supposed to mean the tier battles, not the "Battle Server" itself. :D
    __________________
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #202    
    Old March 6th, 2014 (6:02 AM).
    Cordelia Cordelia is offline
    Banned
       
      Join Date: Aug 2011
      Nature: Sassy
      Posts: 9,529
      SOMEONE FIX IT PLEASE I WANT TO BATTLE SAVE ME STEVE

      I mean, this is rather disheartening but I'm sure our lovely staff will fix it shortly.
      Reply With Quote
        #203    
      Old March 6th, 2014 (8:28 PM).
      wolf's Avatar
      wolf wolf is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2008
      Posts: 8,181
      Hold tight, I'll be updating the server tomorrow.
      __________________
      .
      Reply With Quote
        #204    
      Old March 8th, 2014 (4:26 AM).
      Dark Shadow 6's Avatar
      Dark Shadow 6 Dark Shadow 6 is offline
      Friends Till The End
         
        Join Date: May 2013
        Location: Nimbasa City Unova
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 488
        Almost 1hour im trying to connct to Battle Server but it's says: Couldn't connect to server!


        I hope i can join Community Day :(
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #205    
        Old March 10th, 2014 (2:40 AM).
        TheAuraGuardian01 TheAuraGuardian01 is offline
           
          Join Date: Mar 2014
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 6
          Hey awolffromspace, I was at the Battle Server but it suddenly showed to reconnect and I did, but now my Name which I was using TheAura was shown and I'm not able to access it, how should I access it? Please reply soon.
          Reply With Quote
            #206    
          Old March 10th, 2014 (5:35 AM).
          Hiatus's Avatar
          Hiatus Hiatus is offline
           
          Join Date: Jul 2012
          Posts: 12,287
          That's weird; you should be able to access it. @[email protected]" What does it say when you try choosing this name? If it tells you to enter password, you must have registered it; if you remember what it is, then type your password in. If you don't, then unfortunately, you might have to go with a new name. Though, if you still want that name, a good workaround would be to use unicodes. Look around on Google, and you'll find some eventually.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #207    
          Old March 20th, 2014 (8:38 PM). Edited March 20th, 2014 by mega tropi.
          mega tropi mega tropi is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2014
            Posts: 1
            I am posting about a wrongful ban and evidence of mod abuse. I asked Officer Caitlyn why I was locked and was told that I was told not to talk to said user. However I was not told this and said I would not talk to that user anymore. But without warning I was set to locked. I asked why and this "mod" could not come up with a reason. I explained how this was mod abuse and she replies here is some abuse for ya and proceeds to ban me for no reason. I'm not sure how old any of you are but in the business world OC would be someone who needs to be fired.
            Here is the proof: imgur .com/W8c1fWM

            Also look below and you will see my reply deleted. This is a coverup of abuse. Abuse revealed. Oh and caitlyn you forgot to mention the part where you admitted to being an "asshat abusive mod".

            Because this is from the chat:

            Mega Tropi: So are you going to unlock me and admit you made a mistake?
            Mega Tropi: Or continue to be an asshat abusive mod?
            Officer Caitlyn: asshat mod plz
            Reply With Quote
              #208    
            Old March 20th, 2014 (9:15 PM). Edited March 20th, 2014 by Castform.
            Castform's Avatar
            Castform Castform is online now
             
            Join Date: Aug 2012
            Location: Weather Institute in Hoenn
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 20,759
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mega tropi View Post
            I am posting about a wrongful ban and evidence of mod abuse. I asked Officer Caitlyn why I was locked and was told that I was told not to talk to said user. However I was not told this and said I would not talk to that user anymore. But without warning I was set to locked. I asked why and this "mod" could not come up with a reason. I explained how this was mod abuse and she replies here is some abuse for ya and proceeds to ban me for no reason. I'm not sure how old any of you are but in the business world OC would be someone who needs to be fired.
            Here is the proof: imgur .com/W8c1fWM

            Not that I have to explain the reason for you ban here but because you feel the need to make it public, so will I! You were locked because you and many other trolls were told to stop discussing your punishments and the moderators involved in the chat, you refused to do so, so you were locked. You then decided to repeatedly PM me, harass me, and repeat the same things over and over after I told you to stop. You seemed to have left out the part where you told me that I was an "asshat abusive mod". How convenient, eh? So yes, after 30 minutes of listening to you insult our staff through PMs I decided to show you some "abuse" and ban you. Your ban will be lifted upon the server restart. Don't cause trouble anymore and this wont happen again. From now on, take any ban appeals to awolffromspace through private messages. Thank you and have a great day!


            Edit: Also posting fake logs will not get you any sympathy from me or reduce your ban duration.
            __________________


            Administrator


            Reply With Quote
              #209    
            Old March 22nd, 2014 (9:54 AM). Edited March 22nd, 2014 by Dark Azelf.
            Dark Azelf's Avatar
            Dark Azelf Dark Azelf is offline
            Solitude
               
              Join Date: Jun 2007
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Impish
              Posts: 7,145


              Hi i would like to file a complaint against user "Forever/Skylight" (amongst various other aliases). Clearly her transgressions towards myself are unwarranted as one can see from the above image. Im unaware as to what triggered this response, perhaps a furtive Miley Cyrus devotee that i exasperated? Possibly because of a bad day or some other trivial nonsense or maybe some real life shortcomings unbeknownst to me, but i digress and frankly lack the time and effort to delve into the psyche of the matter. Regardless, im not going to acquiesce to this questionable and arguably farcical moderating which if my memory is serving me correctly has been the forefront of much concern and shall we say questionable at best here on pokecommunity itself in the past. Lastly, as you can see in evidence 1 she is clearly quotes as saying "stop making the chat dumb", this is arbitrary.

              Regards Elf. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              Reply With Quote
                #210    
              Old March 22nd, 2014 (10:58 AM). Edited March 22nd, 2014 by Jin Of The Gale.
              Jin Of The Gale's Avatar
              Jin Of The Gale Jin Of The Gale is offline
              ih
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2013
                Location: Mid-16th Century
                Age: 22
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 211
                I was not online when this happened. As soon as I saw your post, I decided to skim through the logs and this one line caught my eye.

                17:14:40 |c| The Elf Effect|B====D

                Quote:
                — Do not post inappropriate content.
                Do not link to pornography, hentai, or any other sexually explicit content. Do not directly refer to sexual activity (indirect references like innuendo are fine in moderation). Do not make gory, vulgar, or distasteful comments. Do not make comments in excessive detail over indirect references to sexual activity or any body part that could be deemed sexual. The same topics must be kept at a minimum, and may never be the main subject of discussion if explicit. Do not use usernames that directly reference the aforementioned details.
                That alone should have gotten you muted. You've been visiting the Battle Server for long enough to know what the rules are and how they are enforced.

                I like how you chose not to post the rest of the logs that led to your mute being extended to 60 minutes.

                17:29:03 |j|!JustinRpg>nica
                17:29:14 (JustinRpg>nica was forced to choose a new name by Sanguine)
                17:30:09 |j|!Noca<JustinRpg
                17:30:36 |c|@Sanguine|DA, stop ¬_¬
                17:31:03 Noca<JustinRpg was muted by skylight for 60 minutes. (k since you're playing that way then we will do this)
                17:31:40 |j|!Becauseievencare?
                17:33:36 |L| becauseievencare
                17:33:47 |j|!itc:FidelCastro
                17:34:01 (itc:FidelCastro was forced to choose a new name by skylight)
                17:34:01 |L| itcfidelcastro
                17:34:20 |j|!Itc: Adolf♥♥♥♥ler
                17:34:41 (Itc: Adolf♥♥♥♥ler was forced to choose a new name by Sanguine)
                17:34:41 |L| itcadolf♥♥♥♥ler
                17:34:42 (Guest 3817 was forced to choose a new name by skylight: DA if you don't stop i'm going to ban you on next name so think really clearly about it)

                Skylight's actions were justified, imo.
                __________________

                ✝REST IN PEACE✝
                Reply With Quote
                  #211    
                Old March 22nd, 2014 (12:10 PM).
                Kanzler's Avatar
                Kanzler Kanzler is offline
                naughty biscotti
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2008
                Location: Toronto
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 5,917
                Justified because she was upset at his name? His name shouldn't really affect her, it's his choice as to what it is and it isn't forced on to her in any way. Noca<JustinRpg? What does that even mean? "Noca" is less than/inferior to JustinRpg? JustinRpg is converted to Noca over time? Does it matter whether Dark Azelf cares or not?

                Alright great, Dark Azelf acts rebellious (which I'm presuming is the interpretation of his actions). It's not the end of the world. Pat ourselves on the back and move on.

                People react to actions, it's a thing. I think it's worth considering why he reacted the way he did. If anything that log you posted shows more arbitrary actions taken. I didn't know that moderating involved games.
                Reply With Quote
                  #212    
                Old March 22nd, 2014 (1:43 PM). Edited March 22nd, 2014 by Dark Azelf.
                Dark Azelf's Avatar
                Dark Azelf Dark Azelf is offline
                Solitude
                   
                  Join Date: Jun 2007
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Impish
                  Posts: 7,145
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Jin Of The Gale View Post
                  I was not online when this happened. As soon as I saw your post, I decided to skim through the logs and this one line caught my eye.

                  17:14:40 |c| The Elf Effect|B====D



                  That alone should have gotten you muted. You've been visiting the Battle Server for long enough to know what the rules are and how they are enforced.

                  I like how you chose not to post the rest of the logs that led to your mute being extended to 60 minutes.

                  17:29:03 |j|!JustinRpg>nica
                  17:29:14 (JustinRpg>nica was forced to choose a new name by Sanguine)
                  17:30:09 |j|!Noca<JustinRpg
                  17:30:36 |c|@Sanguine|DA, stop ¬_¬
                  17:31:03 Noca<JustinRpg was muted by skylight for 60 minutes. (k since you're playing that way then we will do this)
                  17:31:40 |j|!Becauseievencare?
                  17:33:36 |L| becauseievencare
                  17:33:47 |j|!itc:FidelCastro
                  17:34:01 (itc:FidelCastro was forced to choose a new name by skylight)
                  17:34:01 |L| itcfidelcastro
                  17:34:20 |j|!Itc: Adolf♥♥♥♥ler
                  17:34:41 (Itc: Adolf♥♥♥♥ler was forced to choose a new name by Sanguine)
                  17:34:41 |L| itcadolf♥♥♥♥ler
                  17:34:42 (Guest 3817 was forced to choose a new name by skylight: DA if you don't stop i'm going to ban you on next name so think really clearly about it)

                  Skylight's actions were justified, imo.

                  I had justification to be annoyed. I did that after i was muted because it was a frankly stupid mute.

                  Also people post worse than that and nothing happens to them. Anyways, i in no way violate the rule you linked to, ill elaborate;

                  Quote:
                  Do not link to pornography, hentai, or any other sexually explicit content.
                  Nope, didnt do that.

                  Quote:
                  Do not directly refer to sexual activity (indirect references like innuendo are fine in moderation).

                  See red. Also didnt refer to sexual activity at all.

                  Quote:
                  Do not make gory, vulgar, or distasteful comments.
                  Lol, arbitrary but its safe to say i didnt do this. See: above.


                  Quote:
                  Do not make comments in excessive detail over indirect references to sexual activity or any body part that could be deemed sexual.
                  Wasn't excessive.


                  Quote:
                  The same topics must be kept at a minimum, and may never be the main subject of discussion if explicit. Do not use usernames that directly reference the aforementioned details.
                  See above.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #213    
                  Old March 22nd, 2014 (3:17 PM). Edited March 22nd, 2014 by Jin Of The Gale.
                  Jin Of The Gale's Avatar
                  Jin Of The Gale Jin Of The Gale is offline
                  ih
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2013
                    Location: Mid-16th Century
                    Age: 22
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Calm
                    Posts: 211
                    That rule also covers inappropriate ASCII art. Just because it isn't specifically mentioned in the rules doesn't mean you're allowed to post it on the chat.

                    Edit: Anyway, your mute expired hours ago. If you still want this issue to be addressed by Skylight or any other server administrator, I suggest you wait for them to post in this thread or contact them via PM.
                    __________________

                    ✝REST IN PEACE✝
                    Reply With Quote
                      #214    
                    Old March 22nd, 2014 (5:12 PM).
                    wolf's Avatar
                    wolf wolf is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2008
                    Posts: 8,181
                    Re: Incesticide and Kanzler: Their mutes were justified. Incest is a sexual subject. Whether explicit or implicit, it matters little. It's stated in the rules that sexual topics must be kept at a minimum:

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by awolffromspace View Post
                    — Do not post inappropriate content.
                    Do not link to pornography, hentai, or any other sexually explicit content. Do not directly refer to sexual activity (indirect references like innuendo are fine in moderation). Do not make gory, vulgar, or distasteful comments. Do not make comments in excessive detail over indirect references to sexual activity or any body part that could be deemed sexual. The same topics must be kept at a minimum, and may never be the main subject of discussion if explicit. Do not use usernames that directly reference the aforementioned details.
                    One could argue that it was too strict, but the rules are up to a staff member's interpretation.

                    Re: The Elf Effect: By considering only the context given here, I agree with him that his mute was unwarranted. That is due to the following reasons: a) he didn't participate in the discussion of incest, b) twerking does not have anything to do with sex, c) sending one message of "B====D" is not excessive (by that logic, saying "boobs" once is against the rules, which is silly). However, his actions after the mute were unnecessary. I am sure you are all aware that joining and leaving is logged in the chat. Purposely abusing the feature to spam, in addition to using disrespectful usernames, is not okay.

                    Anyway, it has already happened and ended, so there is little need to discuss the intricacies of this any longer. In the future, please read the first post:

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by awolffromspace View Post
                    Rules
                    The rules are up to a staff member's interpretation. If you disagree with how a battle server staff member has enforced these rules or abused their power in any way, contact one of the battle server senior staff via private message. However, please talk with the staff member in question first if this is a personal issue.
                    __________________
                    .
                    Reply With Quote
                      #215    
                    Old March 25th, 2014 (12:37 PM).
                    Atri Luna's Avatar
                    Atri Luna Atri Luna is offline
                    Bigg Seksy
                       
                      Join Date: Feb 2014
                      Location: 'Murica
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naughty
                      Posts: 4
                      Hey if any of you people ever want any help on the battle server, I can give tips and whatever help that I can on balancing teams and EVs/IVs etc. I'm pretty good and would love to battle anyone who comes along. My name in the server is the same as it is here.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #216    
                      Old March 26th, 2014 (3:46 AM).
                      Nakala Pri Nakala Pri is offline
                      Banned
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2012
                        Nature: Naughty
                        Posts: 2,381
                        I've kinda got a complaint:

                        I know that I've been kinda troll-y and manipluating on the past on there (have i changed? ) but I think that some of the staff went a bit over the top with some stuff:

                        A lot of them throw random abuse at some innocent person, like, flipping out and muting someone who just needs to be filled in with the rules instead of muting them, or worse, locking them. I shan't name names buuut... others do tend to get involved with matters which could be refered to as 'none of their business', such as relationships, sister-hood and they do incline to 'make one feel like poo' if one speaks one's mind. I shan't accuse them of internet abuse but some of their behavior should be questioned. I know I've harassed a bit and been a little naggy and all, but their behavior has't been all too great either. :x And when a troll appears, they're never there to mute them, only after like, ten minutes after the troll has accused everyone of being 'sons of b-words' and 'gonna go to hell' and that they 'like to have intercourse with rats'. < I have been incriminated of that TWICE and the next time i hear that I will flip out.

                        I should have recorded some of the behavior, that's true but... well... never thought it'd have to report it. :C

                        (Expecting a tidal wave of negative feedback but whatever, I need to speak my mind)
                        Reply With Quote
                          #217    
                        Old March 26th, 2014 (7:05 AM).
                        Jin Of The Gale's Avatar
                        Jin Of The Gale Jin Of The Gale is offline
                        ih
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2013
                          Location: Mid-16th Century
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Calm
                          Posts: 211
                          I'll just address this part:

                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ๖ۣۜTiara View Post
                          And when a troll appears, they're never there to mute them, only after like, ten minutes after the troll has accused everyone of being 'sons of b-words' and 'gonna go to hell' and that they 'like to have intercourse with rats'. < I have been incriminated of that TWICE and the next time i hear that I will flip out.
                          (Expecting a tidal wave of negative feedback but whatever, I need to speak my mind)
                          The battle server moderators are humans too. We can't be expected to sit in front of our computers all the time. We have busy lives and other important things to deal with, so you may find some of us being afk on the server. That's why we have thirteen moderators to cover each time slot. However, we never fail to lock or ban spammers and trolls when we're paying attention to the chat. As long as there is at least one active moderator online, it doesn't really matter if the others are away. :)
                          __________________

                          ✝REST IN PEACE✝
                          Reply With Quote
                            #218    
                          Old March 26th, 2014 (7:27 AM).
                          Castform's Avatar
                          Castform Castform is online now
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2012
                          Location: Weather Institute in Hoenn
                          Age: 24
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 20,759
                          Really had it with the "we abuse our power" argument. You do realize that every mute, lock, or ban is up to moderator interpretation right? So if we feel the need to immediately ban or lock someone for something we will. If you are upset about us locking you instead of warning you that is just too bad. You have been informed of the rules many times in the past and now that is no longer a step that we feel we have to take. That may seem harsh, but to keep the chat healthy, it's what we feel is best.


                          And I just wanna agree with Jin here that sometimes we are AFK and we do get spammers. When this happens, it's best to just ignore them, do the /clear command, and try to contact a moderator until it is resolved.
                          __________________


                          Administrator


                          Reply With Quote
                            #219    
                          Old March 26th, 2014 (10:02 AM). Edited March 26th, 2014 by Strike the Blood.
                          Strike the Blood's Avatar
                          Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is online now
                          I am the best in the world.
                           
                          Join Date: May 2011
                          Location: In the Flax Fields.
                          Age: 22
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Adamant
                          Posts: 1,091
                          When people end up being muted or locked they always go to the fact that they didn't know what the rules were or were never warned about the rule they broke but what they don't realise is that it only takes a few seconds to ask staff or any of the active members of the chat what the rules are. You should have enough common sense to either find what the rules are and get familiar with them so you don't end up banned/muted or PM a member of staff before you post something to make sure you're not violating the rules. Also this thing of people trying to get around Bans and mutes by finding the smallest sort of loophole in the rules is stupid, Rules are not set in stone they have exceptions and can be adjusted depending on a situation, people should accept the fact they've broken the rules.

                          I've spoke to some people and they are on the same page as me in the fact that there is too much smut on the battle server at the moment, it seems like every single day I come there are people having a sexual discussion or making smut like comments and it's becoming annoying. I don't disagree with people having a laugh and maybe the odd cheeky comment because I do it myself a few times in a day but if you intend on sitting their and making comment after comment which is considered sexual or inappropriate you should either take it to a PM or stop talking about it altogether. It's becoming increasingly hard to have a real conversation with people because every time you make a comment it could end up with someone making a sexual pun about it.

                          As for the issue I've been seeing a lot which is going to be a dig at the mods of the server, It shouldn't matter who the person is that is breaking a rule if they've broken a rule they should be punished, I've seen it a few times were people who are friends with mods or might get on well with them are given special treatment when they break rules and in my opinion I think it's disgusting that mods throw their principles and the rules out the window because the person who is committing the offence is someone they get on with. No one on the server should get special treatment no matter who they are or what they've done in the past.

                          As Chase and Jin said about mods having lives I know that is the case for most and they may have things going on which are going to be more important than moderating a battle server but some mods seem to not care at all when someone decides to spam or troll or make comments to people, they just sit there and think it's amusing. I think the higher staff should really consider reviewing who they have as mods and who is actually doing the job they've been promoted to do.

                          It wasn't my intention for this to be a rant or anything like that but just my observation of what I've been seeing recently. People are going to have different opinions about what I've put and that is perfectly fine but I thought it would be better for someone who is a regular on the battle server to share what they see on a daily basis.
                          __________________
                          ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
                          Reply With Quote
                            #220    
                          Old March 26th, 2014 (4:48 PM).
                          wolf's Avatar
                          wolf wolf is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Sep 2008
                          Posts: 8,181
                          Thanks for the feedback guys. We'll take into account.

                          @ ๖ۣۜTiara: If you want to be proactive about it, record logs of the incidents and PM a battle server senior staff member about it, such as myself.

                          @ Sairento Tamashii: I agree that our moderation is too lenient and inconsistent at times. We'll see if we can take steps to improve it.
                          __________________
                          .
                          Reply With Quote
                            #221    
                          Old March 26th, 2014 (5:44 PM).
                          Nakala Pri Nakala Pri is offline
                          Banned
                             
                            Join Date: Nov 2012
                            Nature: Naughty
                            Posts: 2,381
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Sairento Tamashii View Post
                            When people end up being muted or locked they always go to the fact that they didn't know what the rules were or were never warned about the rule they broke but what they don't realise is that it only takes a few seconds to ask staff or any of the active members of the chat what the rules are. You should have enough common sense to either find what the rules are and get familiar with them so you don't end up banned/muted or PM a member of staff before you post something to make sure you're not violating the rules. Also this thing of people trying to get around Bans and mutes by finding the smallest sort of loophole in the rules is stupid, Rules are not set in stone they have exceptions and can be adjusted depending on a situation, people should accept the fact they've broken the rules.

                            I've spoke to some people and they are on the same page as me in the fact that there is too much smut on the battle server at the moment, it seems like every single day I come there are people having a sexual discussion or making smut like comments and it's becoming annoying. I don't disagree with people having a laugh and maybe the odd cheeky comment because I do it myself a few times in a day but if you intend on sitting their and making comment after comment which is considered sexual or inappropriate you should either take it to a PM or stop talking about it altogether. It's becoming increasingly hard to have a real conversation with people because every time you make a comment it could end up with someone making a sexual pun about it.

                            As for the issue I've been seeing a lot which is going to be a dig at the mods of the server, It shouldn't matter who the person is that is breaking a rule if they've broken a rule they should be punished, I've seen it a few times were people who are friends with mods or might get on well with them are given special treatment when they break rules and in my opinion I think it's disgusting that mods throw their principles and the rules out the window because the person who is committing the offence is someone they get on with. No one on the server should get special treatment no matter who they are or what they've done in the past.

                            As Chase and Jin said about mods having lives I know that is the case for most and they may have things going on which are going to be more important than moderating a battle server but some mods seem to not care at all when someone decides to spam or troll or make comments to people, they just sit there and think it's amusing. I think the higher staff should really consider reviewing who they have as mods and who is actually doing the job they've been promoted to do.

                            It wasn't my intention for this to be a rant or anything like that but just my observation of what I've been seeing recently. People are going to have different opinions about what I've put and that is perfectly fine but I thought it would be better for someone who is a regular on the battle server to share what they see on a daily basis.
                            Yeah, it seems every time I peek on there someone is referring to 'erectile dysfunction' or something and I'd like to point something out..

                            IT'S FOR BATTLING! You want to talk about testicles? PM your friend, we're not interested. Kids are going on that man, and I saw some pretty young folks being influenced by that dirty talk.

                            And yeah, I know they have lives, but for those of us who don't, people who are living life are AFK when we need them most. ;;

                            And for the troll solution, this will weaken the blow a bit:

                            Only allow swearing for frequenters and mods and high staff, that way, the trolls can't swear and make someone feel like crap. They'll just have to call them a pooface or something.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #222    
                            Old March 26th, 2014 (8:09 PM).
                            Castform's Avatar
                            Castform Castform is online now
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2012
                            Location: Weather Institute in Hoenn
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Modest
                            Posts: 20,759
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by ๖ۣۜTiara View Post

                            Only allow swearing for frequenters and mods and high staff, that way, the trolls can't swear and make someone feel like crap. They'll just have to call them a pooface or something.

                            Sorry, but that is ridiculous. We are not going to single out who can discuss what based on some symbol. Swearing is just fine as long as it's used in moderation and to be honest, we have never had an issue with it. We are going to be much stricter on the sexual talk that has been occurring as of late.
                            __________________


                            Administrator


                            Reply With Quote
                              #223    
                            Old March 26th, 2014 (8:39 PM).
                            Strike the Blood's Avatar
                            Strike the Blood Strike the Blood is online now
                            I am the best in the world.
                             
                            Join Date: May 2011
                            Location: In the Flax Fields.
                            Age: 22
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Adamant
                            Posts: 1,091
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Miss Fortune View Post
                            Sorry, but that is ridiculous. We are not going to single out who can discuss what based on some symbol. Swearing is just fine as long as it's used in moderation and to be honest, we have never had an issue with it. We are going to be much stricter on the sexual talk that has been occurring as of late.
                            Most of the time there is never any need for someone to swear, I know we all do it in joking ways but it's still not something we should just do so lightly after all there are minors on the BC aswell, so we need to be sure to keep it as clean as we can, obviously it would be wrong to stop people from being able to be themselves and discuss and use words which they might see as normal but at the same time every has different views. It's good to hear that the BC staff are going to be more strict on the sexual talk as it was becoming a real problem. I know I complained about it to a few of the higher staff and mods and am grateful that they took the matter into consideration and have acted on it.

                            Going on what Tiara said even though the server is supposed to be for battling it's become more of a chat site for people to come on and have some good conversations with interesting people, of course the battling is supposed to be the main focus but unlike most servers PC's is special which is why it should have special rules and operations, but I think if the smut is pushed to a minimum it would make a lot more people willing to come on and stay which would obviously increase the amount of battles and would also make the small community on the server we have into a bigger family.
                            __________________
                            ~ Challenge's Hall of Fame ~ MyDramaList ~ AniList ~ Completed Challenges ~
                            Reply With Quote
                              #224    
                            Old March 27th, 2014 (1:45 PM).
                            Dark Azelf's Avatar
                            Dark Azelf Dark Azelf is offline
                            Solitude
                               
                              Join Date: Jun 2007
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Impish
                              Posts: 7,145


                              Really getting tired of this philistinism. To be honest i think there should be an inquest into alot of the people currently modding the server. Most of the individuals do their job fine but really its one thing to be offensive (lol) but its another completely when one cant even joke with friends or have fun or inhale too loudly. My mute wasnt really bad because its all of 7 minutes and was probably more of an endeavor to put in place, but 60 minutes? Truly decadent. Also, much to the dismay of certain people im sure, i can confirm i will keep doing this until said deplorable actions are rendered benign.

                              Once again, yours truly. With much gleefulness, Dark Azelf. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Reply With Quote
                                #225    
                              Old March 27th, 2014 (1:55 PM).
                              Azire's Avatar
                              Azire Azire is offline
                              Mr. Premier Ball
                                 
                                Join Date: Nov 2012
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Naughty
                                Posts: 753
                                Censoring people is sure to push people away and make it less welcoming to newcomers. I don't frequent the Battle Server much but if these types of changes were made I wouldn't complain and make everybody's life hard, I would just find other places to conduct my business.

                                Just something to think about. Sometimes it's what people don't say that counts, most people aren't going to complain, they leave. Myself personally, I don't tend to join censored communities either.
                                __________________
                                Azire's Premier Pokémon
                                Please Leave A Review If We Trade
                                Trader Review Thread
                                Reply With Quote
                                Reply

                                Quick Reply

                                Join the conversation!

                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                Sponsored Links
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:58 PM.