• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
@BlueEew -
1. Yes
2. Fit DP? There aren't any DP moves as far as I know.
3. Yes, everything is similar to the GBA games, perhaps some DS, but not sure.

-Krobe

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The 493 Pokémon are programmed in. However, there are no DP moves, items and abilities. All DP moves in the Pokémon's level-up and egg movesets are replaced with a similar Advance move.

The moves are grouped into physical/special as in DP, but can be changed back to Advance.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hey. I have problem. If i use DP Peoples overworlds the game is freezing. Why??

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
1. Use switches. Example. When you choose bulbasaur, switch bulbasaur is on. So when you battle your rival, you use Rival XXX,1 or 2 etc. If Bulbasaur is on battle Rival XXX,1 who has Charmander. If Squirtle is on.
You should get it.

2. Go to trainersnames.txt (something like that) Set the battle and victory music for each person type

Thank you for your answer to my question. However, the biggest issue I'm having is not how to set the rival's POKEMON and their level. The trouble is that I don't know how to make this effect: When the rival lost, he/she will automatically say some words and then disappear or run into another map. How can I make this effect? Please help...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Use a Conditional Branch:
Code:
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::RIVAL,"Gary",_I("Humph."))
replacing the variables with what you need.
Then, put what you want to happen when you win inside the branch.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
Years
I'm having some trouble with the Pokecenter...

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Characters/pokeballs on left
BitmapCache:91:in `load_bitmap'
BitmapCache:130:in `character'
Sprite_Character:62:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:406:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:169:in `update'
Spriteset_Map:218:in `_animationSprite_update'
Spriteset_Map:213:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:213:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:91:in `update'
Scene_Map:49:in `updateSpritesets'
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Characters/pokeballs on left
BitmapCache:91:in `load_bitmap'
Spriteset_Map:218:in `_animationSprite_update'
Spriteset_Map:213:in `each'
Spriteset_Map:213:in `_animationSprite_update'
AnimationSprite:91:in `update'
Scene_Map:49:in `updateSpritesets'

Know how I can fix that?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
You don't have in Graphics/Characters/pokeballs on left.png that file.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
I don't think that file was included in essentials as I don't have it either. I've got my own Pokemon Centre script though so I don't have to worry. If anyone is interested then I'll upload it with the graphics I use.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
@BlueEew -
1. Yes
3. Yes, everything is similar to the GBA games, perhaps some DS, but not sure.

-Krobe

The 493 Pokémon are programmed in. However, there are no DP moves, items and abilities. All DP moves in the Pokémon's level-up and egg movesets are replaced with a similar Advance move.

The moves are grouped into physical/special as in DP, but can be changed back to Advance.

Are IVs and EVs added? Do they work as normal if they are?

Years
@BlueEew - Yes they are, and I think you can define in trainers.txt which of a trainers Pokemon give whatever amount of EVs that they give you (Optional).

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
OK two more pressing questions.
1. How can i make a pokemon have a hold item before the player gets it (e.g the starter coming equipped with oran berry)
2. How can a make a battle that lets you continue with the story even if you lose, like in FR/LG when you battle your rival in Oaks lab after getting your pokemon

@BlueEew -

-Krobe

If by that you meant that there aren't any new moves for DP then who else apart from dialga and palkia have 'roar of time' and 'spacial rend'
If you meant that there are no new moves added to the GBA movesets then there are a few such as 'earth power'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
He meant there are no DP moves in Pokémon Essentials. For example, Dialga, which learns Roar of Time at lv40, learns Blast Burn in Essentials. This is because poccil deemed Blast Burn as the closest approximation to Roar of Time. If you want, I could give you the link to the unmodified Pokemon.txt file (with the Pokémon's correct movesets), but keep in mind that it won't work without the DP moves.

As for the other two questions, I'll get back to you on them.

And just to clarify, EVs given are defined in Pokemon.txt.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi guys:

I've found the POKEMON essential to be such perfect after getting used to it. However, I encountered a serious issue with the POKE CENTER. I thought it was my mistake to set up the event but the fact is that even the test map has this error as well. When I entered the POKE CENTER and attempted to heal my injured POKEMON, the error log appears:

Code:
Exception: Runtime Error
Message: Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Characters/pokeball on the right(or pokeball on the left)
Bitmapcach:91:in `load_bitmap'
Bitmapchah:130:in `character'
Sprite_character:62:in `update_or'
perspectiveTilemap:406:in`shadow_update'
Sprite_map:218:in `animationsprite_update'
Sprite_map:213:in `each'
Sprite_map:213:in `animationsprite_update'
Animationsprite:91:in `update'
Scene_Map:49:in `updatespritesets'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt
I really couldn't figure out where the problem is and I'd appreciate very much if anyone of you could help, thanks a lot...

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I can't believe I'm asking such a basic question, but it must have changed when an updated version was released, because I cannot find it. Anyway, I'm adding new Pokemon to the game and I've changed all of their data including names in the pokemon.txt file in PBS. However, the new Pokemon keep showing the old Pokemon's names. For example, the water starter of my game is Tadgill. I replaced Squirtle with Tadgill, but Squirtle's name keeps coming up. Is there a specific file I need to edit to change the Pokemon's names? Because I remember it was easier to do it in an older version. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The game doesn't replace the nicknames - try doing the event to obtain the starters again.
You are changing both Name and InternalName, right?

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
I'm having this problem when I start to playtest my game, I get this error message:

Exception: NoMethodError
BitmapCache:112:in `load_bitmap'
PerspectiveTilemap:402:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:145:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:27:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:27:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
Spriteset_Map:26:in `each'

*And note that I deleted that Pokeball graphic in the pokecenter already.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
So THAT'S what I did wrong! The events for the Pokemon were old, so they kept their names.. Thanks for that :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
How would you show the icons of items on the screen? I imagine that it would be something like
Code:
pbShowItemIcon(PBItems::POTION)
but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back