• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Arcanian Clan

Years
The clan is growing really fast!

Welcome Zac to the Arcanian Clan!

Hey SuperTreaz I can possibly get some userbars done based on the clan.
Everybody can use them, they would have a red like Gradiant with the words "The Arcanian Clan" in black I suppose. Then at the very end of the user at can be a Arcanine sprite.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Thanks for the warm welcome :D In other news i have my Arcanine trained up ready at Lv. 100 and im working on the others. :D
EDIT: @ SuperTreaz
SuperTreaz said:
My name is actually just Zac. No 'h', not short or long for anything. It's ok though it is a common error people make :).

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the warm welcome :D In other news i have my Arcanine trained up ready at Lv. 100 and im working on the others. :D

Level 100? Awesome.

Right now I'm making my team from scratch (level 1) I'm going to make sure they are EV Trained. Arcanine will definitely be on my team.

Also did you see the signature photo Alex made me for the clan?

Click on "Join" and see what happens :)

Last edited:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
xShadow46 said:
Level 100? Awesome.

Right now I'm making my team from scratch (level 1) I'm going to make sure they are EV Trained. Arcanine will definitely be on my team.
My Arcanine is EV Trained (The WORST part about training) The EV Spread is 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HP, it is running a Life Orb on a Jolly Nature.

xShadow46 said:
Also did you see the signature photo Alex made me for the clan?
If that was intended for me, then no i don't believe i did.

PS: Good Luck with your training. ;)

Years
My Arcanine is EV Trained (The WORST part about training) The EV Spread is 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HP, it is running a Life Orb on a Jolly Nature.

If that was intended for me, then no i don't believe i did.

PS: Good Luck with your training. ;)

The image should be in my signature. Huh that's strange.

The EV training is gonna take a while for me. Challenge accepted

Years
It is probably there, my computer has glitched out even my own sig.

It does for everybody xD
Lol xD.

challenge.jpg

Really though it's gonna be rough
I've never EV trained before, this is gonna be my first time. I actually learned about EV after reading SuperTreaz's EV Guide

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Really though it's gonna be rough
I've never EV trained before, this is gonna be my first time. I actually learned about EV after reading SuperTreaz's EV Guide

Wow, you really are new ;) but there's nothing wrong with that just make sure they have the right EV's or you'll end up with undesirable results. Also do you know about IV's? They are even more crucial then EV's, without good IV's (Perfect IV's ~ 30-31, Good IV's ~ 26+, Bad IV's ~ Under 20) your stats will be terrible. Say you have a Ferrothorn, say it has a Sassy Nature (+SpD - Spe), an ideal move for that paticular pokemon would be Gyro Ball (Less the speed, More Power). It would be at it's strongest but without any investment of EV's, a hindering Nature, and a Speed IV of 0, It will have the lowest speed possible, making Gyro Ball an ideal move. And now that it's got ideal speed, we can. For this set, the EV Spread will be; 168 HP, 88 Def, 252 SpD (This set focuses on it's defenses to make it bulky) Now since Ferrothorn has great defense, you don't need to invest much in Def. Now it's stats at Lv. 100 (Assuming all IV's are 31, excluding Speed)
Hp - 331
Atk - 224
Def - 320
SAtk - 144
SpD - 364
Spe - 40

The Ability for this set is Iron Barbs, And the Item is either leftovers or rocky helmet (For Physical Sweepers, go for Rocky Helmet; For Special Sweepers, go for Leftovers.)

And Three other moves could be;
- Stealth Rocks
- Spikes
- Grass Knot

There you have it! A Fully trained Ferrothorn ready for some competitive battling! This set is a Mixed Wall with Sky-High Defenses, this can be used as a lead or on a stall team.

Years
Wow, you really are new ;) but there's nothing wrong with that just make sure they have the right EV's or you'll end up with undesirable results. Also do you know about IV's? They are even more crucial then EV's, without good IV's (Perfect IV's ~ 30-31, Good IV's ~ 26+, Bad IV's ~ Under 20) your stats will be terrible. Say you have a Ferrothorn, say it has a Sassy Nature (+SpD - Spe), an ideal move for that paticular pokemon would be Gyro Ball (Less the speed, More Power). It would be at it's strongest but without any investment of EV's, a hindering Nature, and a Speed IV of 0, It will have the lowest speed possible, making Gyro Ball an ideal move. And now that it's got ideal speed, we can. For this set, the EV Spread will be; 168 HP, 88 Def, 252 SpD (This set focuses on it's defenses to make it bulky) Now since Ferrothorn has great defense, you don't need to invest much in Def. Now it's stats at Lv. 100 (Assuming all IV's are 31, excluding Speed)
Hp - 331
Atk - 224
Def - 320
SAtk - 144
SpD - 364
Spe - 40

The Ability for this set is Iron Barbs, And the Item is either leftovers or rocky helmet (For Physical Sweepers, go for Rocky Helmet; For Special Sweepers, go for Leftovers.)

And Three other moves could be;
- Stealth Rocks
- Spikes
- Grass Knot

There you have it! A Fully trained Ferrothorn ready for some competitive battling! This set is a Mixed Wall with Sky-High Defenses, this can be used as a lead or on a stall team.

1. You just gave me a better understanding of EV's
About IV's: From what I understand IVs aren't influenced, as in you can't control them. Is this correct?

Last edited:

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
1. You just gave me a better understanding of EV's
About IV's: From what I understand IVs aren't influenced, as in you can't control them. Is this correct?

U can kind of, use power items to get 31 IV in that stat if im correct, when breeding

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years

Yes, but you can RNG Abuse the IV's (A LOT MORE COMPLICATED THAN EV TRAINING) Or you can hatch a sh*t load of eggs, hoping you get the right IV's.

HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE 31 IV's IN ANY ONE STAT:
For HP - Often Dozes off (Your IV could be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 and 31)
For Atk - Likes to Thrash About (Your IV could be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 and 31)
For Def - Capable of taking hits (Your IV could be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 and 31)
For SAtk - Mischievous (Your IV could be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 and 31)
For SpD - Somewhat Vain(Your IV could be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 and 31)
For Spe - Alert to Sounds (Your IV could be 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 and 31)

Now The ratio for the above for the pokemon with that characteristic is 1:7 (For every 7 pokemon with the particular characteristic, one will have an IV of 31)

Also go to this site to check your IV's: [S-HIGHLIGHT]http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (Make sure your pokemon's level is 5+ and no EV's are invested.

Hope this helped :D

Use power items to get 31 IV in that stat , when breeding.

I can't believe i forgot this, ^ this is also correct.

Last edited:
Years
Currently I am EV Training a Elekid to evolve to Electivire.

Would it be smart to EV Train Attack and Speed?

My Elekid is "Alert to sounds) which I figure would support speed.

Lezza

Years
Currently I am EV Training a Elekid to evolve to Electivire.

Would it be smart to EV Train Attack and Speed?

My Elekid is "Alert to sounds) which I figure would support speed.

252 Atk and Spd, whereas 4 in HP, Alert To sounds in good, for speed, whats the nature though, that matters more than IVs

Lezza

Years
Nature is Timid.

I can't seem to get any other nature

timid, thats bad, sadly that decreases Akt, but Increases Spd, u will hit fast but wont hit hard. Try for Adamant or Jolly. Does the Breeder pokemon have Everstone, and what are their natures

Years
timid, thats bad, sadly that decreases Akt, but Increases Spd, u will hit fast but wont hit hard. Try for Adamant or Jolly. Does the Breeder pokemon have Everstone, and what are their natures

Can I possibly use Motor Drive to counter Timid Nature?

I'm asking because I had lost the parent Pokemon.

Lezza

Years
Can I possibly use Motor Drive to counter Timid Nature?

I'm asking because I had lost the parent Pokemon.

Yeah but it only works on Elect moves, and unless u fodder something, like Gyarados No-one will use them on you

Back