• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Naming and Nicknaming Screen (RMXP)

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
The reason I'm not posting this in the Help and Requests thread is because it doesn't seem to apply with the rules.

So you know those screens in FR/LG where you choose your name and choose a Pokemon's nickname? Well, I'm trying to insert the same one into my game but I don't have the faintest idea where to begin. I am using Pokemon Essentials by the way, if that helps. The current naming screen in Essentials is a bit plain, so I'd love if someone could give me a fully working script(s). It's quite urgent, I'm trying to have the demo ready as soon as possible and can't delay it any longer, and this is one of the problems.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The background of the name entry screen can be changed by adding a 480x320 picture located in "Graphics/Pictures/entrybg.png".

Also, if it helps, change the line "USEKEYBOARD=true" to "USEKEYBOARD=false" located on line 812 of the script section PokemonEntry. Doing so will enable a more "manual" input method than the keyboard.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Thank you for that, but I actually need it to be the same as the FR/LG screen. Here's the one I'm talking about.

frlgintroscreens.png

I know this will require a different script, or a new one altogether, but I'd like to be able to get it as close as possible to this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Did you at least try setting the USEKEYBOARD constant to false? That's what it's for...

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Yes, I knew that already. But the FR/LG one is different, the letters appear in different places, there aren't any textboxes, the tabs are in different places etc.

I just amn't able to make or edit scripts for some reason.. I tried, but I don't think I'll ever be able. This should be the last script I need before I retire anyway.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
I have finished creating a system as you requested. In the attachment below, place all pictures in Graphics/Pictures/. Replace the script sections PokemonEntry and SpriteWindow with the contents of the text files.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I have an error when it load the PokemonLoadScene after I insert the script.
82189942im0.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
OmegaGroudon:

I had defined "Graphics.width" in a later release of Pokemon Essentials. The attachment above requires the most recent version. I can tell you are using a version older than December 2007. In the releases that followed I have added countless features and fixed countless bugs. Thanks for trying, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Wow, this is exactly what I need! I can't thank you enough. I'm sure this will be a huge help for other people who need it as well. I think you should use it in the next release of Pokemon Essentials.

Back