• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Caydee Mint
F1 - Cabins, F2 - Trading Floor

Her eyes slowly opened after a two hour peaceful nap. Caydee had a pretty good rest after a competitive morning at Fuchsia City. She stretched her body in bed, and stood up, tying up her hair in a floppy bun to get her excess blue hair out of the way for now. She wanted to walk towards the bathroom, but instead she knocked off her purse from the bureau. A Pokeball rolled out of the purse, and it immediately opened, flashing off. Olly the Pidgey flapped its wings and cried happily at Caydee. Then it flew towards the desk chair and stood there, glancing at her owner.

"Hey there, Olly." Caydee greeted the Pidgey. "What'cha doing out of your ball?"

"Pidgeyyyy!" Olly cried happily again, depicting a good mood.

"Let me get settled and we'll go out to eat okay!" Caydee took out a set of summer clothing and a towel, and closed the bathroom door. Then Olly flew out towards the Cabin Window to see the sea right in front of her from the glass. Few passengers were walking by the door, passing by unknowingly.

15 minutes later…

Wearing a green spaghetti-strap dress, green sandals, and her blue hair in a ponytail, Caydee and Olly stepped out of the cabin and closed the door with the key. Then walked past the other cabin doors. Olly flew ahead to find the staircase that lead towards the Food Aisle. She was too quick for Caydee to walk. She caught up to the Pidgey and walked up the stairs one floor. Then, they both stopped at Floor Two. It was the battling & trading center. Caydee'e eyes grew wide looking at the vibrant environment. Olly floated there unaware of what was going on. A few trainers were battling, and some were spectating. Caydee passed around the battles going on actively, and stumbled upon the Trading floor, which was on the far side of the deck. Caydee became a bit curious and decided to check it out. Olly saw two trainers, a boy and a girl, trading two Pokeballs to each other. The monitor had the trading progress between a Buizel and a Mudkip being exchanged. Caydee saw an open computer which states all the Pokemon available for trade. She moved the mouse to scroll down each of the Pokemon available, then..there was one that caught her eye the most. It wasn't a powerhouse Pokemon like she wanted, or a cute Pokemon. It was oddly-colored, like a trophy. A boy named Joey was offering a Shiny Rattata. Caydee's interest in this increased higher.

"Olly, we need to find Trade Center 7. This Joey kid has a pretty cool Rattata." Caydee told Olly.

"I'm Joey." A voice was heard from behind Caydee. She turned around and saw a boy with a camper uniform (the scout hat, the green ascot, shirt, and brown khaki shorts). He waved at her, with the Pokeball on the other hand. "I still have that Rattata if you're interested in trading."

"Hello there, Joey." Caydee and Olly walked towards the boy and shook hands. "I'm Caydee Mint. From what I see on the computer, your Rattata seems a bit….oddly colored?"

"Yeah, it's Shiny actually. I'm willing to trade for a great Pokemon."

Caydee took out a Pokeball from her purse and took a glance at it. Hydro…. She thought. She wasn't sure if she's willing to trade a Pokemon who's been through Caydee's ups and downs since she was younger. But in all honesty, she always had to sit him out in some battles. Caydee has to think hard about making the trade. Is she willing to sacrifice a Water-Type for a Shiny Pokemon?

"I have a Wartortle, named Hydro." Caydee said, sucking up her nervous feelings. "I also have a Jolteon named Thunder."

"The Wartortle is alright." Joey replied. "Shall we trade then?"

Caydee smiled crookedly and glanced at Joey. "Sure. I'm ready to trade." She still wasn't sure if she was making the right decision in trading out a Pokemon who was close to her once. It didn't seem like she had the time to even say goodbye to Hydro. Caydee glanced at Hydro's Pokeball again and smiled. You'll be okay, little one.

((OOC - Part 1 of 2 of this trade))

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ayame Akiko
448.gif
259.gif
261.gif

After Dee Dee led Ayame to the turkey she pointed to, hefinally let go of Ayame's hand, which calmed her down again, giving her face it's original color back. Dee Dee took a part of the turkey and happily swallowed it. Dorian seemed hungry as well, not only that, his belly growled too...

Dorian told Ayame that it was delicious and that she should try it too. Ayame hessitated for a moment, but then decided to smile and take a part too. 'Mmmmm~ it really is good!' Ayame cheerfully said, taking another bite, swallowing the piece in no time. This was Ayame's favorite kind of meat, it had so many tastes thanks to the spices and it smelled so good, and it's not dry!

Ayame took another part of the turkey and kept on eating, she heard Dorian's butterfree having a brainfreeze, and after that again, and again... It made Ayame laugh and Hikari as well, Obilivio? He found it dumb and leaned against the table...

'Hey Hikari, what are you going to try first?' He asked her. 'This!' Hikari jumped on the table and grabbed a piece of chicken with her little, cute paws, taking a bite. 'This is goooodddddd~' Hikari said, taking another bite. Obilivio decided to try it too and took a piece of chicken too. 'Hmm.' Obilivio said sarcastic, as in saying "you guys never ate high quility food..."

'Queenie! Gimme some from that ice!' Hikari ran toward the butterfree, eating some ice too.

Dorian asked Ayame if they should go to the deck after this, Ayame actually found it a good idea and nodded with closed eyes, she swallowed the piece she was eating at that time and spoke. 'That sounds great!' She answered.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer

Dorian smiled after Ayame agreed to his idea. As he stuffed yet another piece of turkey in his mouth, he looked at his best friend with a huge smile on his face. But after he swallowed he saw something odd. His Butterfree, Queenie, wass lying on the floor, looking as if she was in a lot of pain. And she was. After the last bit of ice cream she took, which was a huge one, she got a massive brain freeze, which left her rolling on the floor.

"Brain freeze! Help!" she screamed.

"Queenie...return." Dee Dee said and returned her back inside her Pokéball.

After that, he put the Pokéball back on his belt and took another piece of turkey. By now he was getting full, and he felt he needed to get air. Perfect time to head out to the deck, one could guess. But he would wait for Ayame to finish her meal first. She was his best friend -and crush- after all, and she hadn't eaten for days, so it was the least he could do.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Eve Murphy​

"Names Link, Link hunter, but I'll pass on the coffee thanks, at least if this guy is gonna be coming along…" Link said before looking out toward the ocean. That was definitely an unusual name that Eve had never heard before, but she liked unique things like that.

Link's expression looked very obviously angry but he didn't explode the way Eve thought he would, so she guessed that was good. She followed suit and looked in the direction of the ocean, noticing a large blue tail sticking out of the water.

Just that one look and she knew it had to be a Gyarados. Eve wordlessly watched the shadow in utter terror, backing up a bit to be as far from the edge of the ship as possible. Link removed a pokéball from his belt.

"I don't want to battle, not you anyway, what's the point in facing the weak?…" Link released a Gliscor and commanded it to dive underwater and attack the Gyarados, and it did it without breaking a sweat! It was pretty amazing but Eve wasn't in the mood to gush over it right now, being more worried about the Gyarados' nearly guaranteed rage.

Although, she wasn't even sure it would survive that beating since it had a double weakness to electricity and the water it was swimming in at the moment only amplified that. The Gyarados revealed itself with loud, monstrous cries after receiving an undoubtedly powerful Thunder Fang. Oh sh*t. It survived. An electrical current skipped along the beast's body, signaling that it was, in fact, paralyzed, but Eve wasn't going to underestimate it. "We're not done yet Gliscor!" Link exclaimed.

"But Link, what if it starts to rampage!" Eve exclaimed, staring at the angry beast in the distance. "I mean, I don't doubt your Pokémon's skills at all but that's one angry Gyarados! W-What if it decides to Hyper Beam us..." Eve imagined the boat being blown up by the Gyarados and felt chills crawl up her spine. "I-I'll let you take care of it if you want but I c-can help if you want me t-to..."

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Link Hunter
Cruel Memories
-------------------------------------------​

Looking up to the twisted tormented face of the ferocious dragon of the sea, Link smiled as he heard Eve's concerned voice behind him

"But Link, what if it starts to rampage! I mean, I don't doubt your Pokémon's skills at all but that's one angry Gyarados! W-What if it decides to Hyper Beam us...

If anything that would be very helpful given the recharge time it would give us

''I-I'll let you take care of it if you want but I c-can help if you want me t-to..."

Turning his head back, a wider smirk appeared on the young trainers face

''I thank you for your offer, but me and my team strive on this sort of pressure, besides, I'm thinking this wont take long now''

Turning his attentions back to the battle in front of him, Gliscor was still perched on the railing, calmly awaiting his next command. The Gyarados drew its huge head back and Link sure the signs of a Water Pokemon preparing to fire,

''Gliscor, jump!''

The Flying Ground type leapt into the air just in time to avoid the Hydro Pump which shot out of Gyarados' mouth, a lot of the water making its way onto the ship's deck. Using the railing to keep his stance firm from the water at his feet, Links smirk disappeared as he re-entered battle mode.

''Gliscor, use the ship to get the higher ground''

The Gliscor in mid air began a glide towards the ships higher wall where it landed, and used it to bounce itself even higher into the air. Link looked up at his Pokemons position, a shadow cast out onto the ship making the Pokemon appear much bigger then it it as Gliscor blocked out the sun for a moment.

''Gliscor, use Cut!''

The Bat like Pokemon swivelled its body position in mid air and began yet another power glide towards the head of the Gyarados which was watching it's opponent carefully. In a number of seconds, the Gliscor reached the mouth of the Gyarados, it's sharp claws outstretched ready to hack away at it, but the Gyarados seemed to have beaten the paralysis for a moment as it clenched it's mouth down, and before anyone knew what exactly had happened, Link and the ships onlookers were presented with a scene where the Gyarados was using it's Bite attack on the Gliscor, who was trying to prevent it by holding up its sharp teeth, while standing INSIDE it's mouth.

''Gliscor! Fight it!!''

Link felt a moment of respect for the Gyarados which had timed it's bite attack perfectly to capture the Gliscor, but Links Pokemon was doing just a good of a job of keeping the attack at bay, but it was tiring fast...

The two Pokemon continued their battle of willpower and strength as the Gyarados began thrashing about the deep ocean, trying to increase the pressure it had on it's opponent, or throw it into the ocean, it wasn't entirely clear. Gliscor, hanging on for dear life with a just as vicious gaze on it's face yelled out clearly begging for instruction from it's trainer

''Gliscor!''

''Just hold your position!''

Link snapped at his Pokemon which obeyed the order.

A few more moments passed before Link finally saw his opportunity as the Gyarados' eyes squashed up in pain, the paralysis was kicking in again

''Now Gliscor! Ice Fang!''

The Gliscor had cleared also sensed it's opportunity as the Gyarados' Bite grip loosened just enough for the Bat Pokemon to open it's mouth wide, a chilling frost of silver ice appeared as it bit down hard on the Dragons tounge

''GAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!''

The sea monster yelled out in pain and flinched back as Gliscor threw itself back towards the ship and hung upside down on the railing. At the Gyarados' mouth, a block of ice appeared in its mouth, it hadn't quite been frozen solid, but the Ice Fang has definitely left a cold sore!

It's done...

Link's hand slowly reached down and a finger swept across the side of an empty Pokeball in his belt, he began weighing the possibilities when a horrible memory invaded his mind...

A Sandshrew ran along the beach being chased by a younger man with long black hair and a fringe covering his right eye. The young boy laughed as the Sandshrew turned back and playfully beamed at him.

Next, a Golduck smirked cruelly and fired an almighty Hydro Pump, knocking the same boy back into the wall of a house.

Next, the boy walking along the beach shouting the same four words over and over again ''Sandshrew! Where are you??'', day became night, night became day...

Links thought returned to his present situation, and his mind and heart were filled with fury

Water Pokemon....

Suddenly Link let out a roar that could have rivalled his opponents

''AAAAAARGHHH! GLISCOR! THUNDER FANG!''

The Gyarados was already done for, and was definitely a sure catch, but that didn't matter, cursed would be the day where Link would add a water Pokemon to his team.

The Gliscor threw itself off of the ships side and beautifully leapt into the air, before gliding down, it's teeth full of electrical current and sinking it's sharp teeth, into the side of the Gyarados which let out another roar before crashing down into the sea, and sinking fast to the oceans bed.

Gliscor used the Sea Monsters body to bounce itself back onto the ship where it stood, panting from exhaustion. Link, mimicking his Pokemon took in several long deep breaths before unclipping a Pokeball and returning the tired Gliscor.
Slowly turning round to the ships Onlookers, Link rose his hands and swept his hood back over his head. One eye looked up towards the orange dressed trainer;

''Now that....was a worthwhile battle''

Last edited:

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Orenji

Orenji was indeed impressed, who wouldn't be? The dark, broody teen knew his stuff, and his Gliscor was quite tough. However he since his last match was interupted, that display of skill made him itchy for a battle. He wanted to see how the strength of his Gliscor compared to the Nokia of pokemon that was Maytec, and if powerhouse Angel could sweep that Murkrow. But being one to not lie, he gave his opinion, however one thing was bugging him. "Oh it was quite a battle!" the orange ensemble began. "But... that Gyarados was strong, why didn't you catch it? A pokemon with stats like that could even give Maytec a hard time." Angel perched herself on her trainer's shoulder and gave tall, dark, and broody a look. Being a pokemon that can sense the happiness of others, she knew that the former object of her anger had abo****ely no happiness for some few seconds, then simply became neutral. She pitied him.

And of course Maytec snickered, a Gliscor almost being eaten for a second was kinda funny. After a few seconds, he burst laughing. A Gyarados beating an electric type? With Levitate no less? Now that warrants a laugh.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Caydee Mint - F2: Trading Floor

Trade Center 7 had the boy, Joey, on one side and Caydee on the other. A Trade Moderator came by the center to greet the two trainers for trade. Caydee handed Hydro's Pokeball to the moderator, while Joey did the same with his shiny Rattata. "Welcome to the SS Anne's trade center. I am Misty and I'll be moderating this trade. Basic rules are as follows." She explained to the trainers. "No shouting, fighting, pestering, or take-backs. The trade will last about a few seconds, since not many people are trading at the moment. Let's make this trade fair, guys."

Joey nodded at the moderator. "I agree."

Caydee bit her lip as she glanced at the pokeball waiting to be traded. "I agree as well." Then she sighed softly.

The Trade Moderator went ahead and entered a few details on the trading computer. She took both Joey's information, which included his location and details about the Rattata. She decided to do the same to Hydro. She then turned to Caydee. "Was your Wartortle previously traded before, Miss Mint?"

Caydee started to think back of the time she met Hydro. Hydro wasn't even traded, he was gifted from one of her brothers…as an egg. Who knows if that was considered "trading". "He was gifted, ma'am."

"Okay, that's all I need to know." The moderator replied, then clicked "begin" on the computer. "Trade commencing….now."

The monitor showed images of both Rattata and Hydro slowly switching sides. Rattata now being on Caydee's side while Hydro now on Joey's side. Sweet travels, Hydro. I'll never forget you. Caydee thought to herself, staring at the screen where the trading was taking place.

Joey was also feeling the same way Caydee was feeling. He was able to bid farewell to his shiny Pokemon, but as he saw the Rattata go to the other side of the center, he smiled. Farewell, friend.

"Aaaand done!" The Trade Moderator said. "You may now retrieve your PokeBalls. Happy trading and congrats to the both of you." She shuts off the trade center monitor and walks away from both. Caydee retrieved the Pokeball from the machine and approached to Joey alongside Olly. She smiled, and shook hands with him.

"Take good care of Rattata, Caydee. I know you'll do so." Joey said.

"And take care of Hydro." Caydee replied. "He's a fierce battler and he'll enjoy being with you."

There was a brief pause between the two. Joey puts the Pokeball in his pocket and waved at Caydee. "Well, I guess I'll see you around the ship then?"

"Sure…I'll see you then."

Joey walked away and left the Trading Room. Caydee stood there, glancing the Pokeball containing the Shiny Rattata. Olly also glanced at the Pokeball and cuddled next to Caydee's cheek, cheering her up after the loss of Hydro. "You never really got to know Hydro, Olly. Maybe someday when I train you later, you'll be as good as him." Then she started walking towards the exit of the Trading & Battling floor. "Come on, let's get something to eat."

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ayame Akiko
448.gif
259.gif
261.gif

Ayame saw how Dorian's butterfree was laying on the ground and screaming 'break freezee! help me!' it made ayame feel a little sorry for the butterfree, but after Dee Dee called her back into her pokeball she felt better. Dorian seemed happy that she agreed with his idea. '(is Queenie alright?)' Hikari asked her. 'yeah she is, don't worry.' Ayame relieved her Poochyena who seemed worried.

Ayame took the last bite of her turkey and swallowed it. 'how about it?' Ayame smiled at him with her eyes closed. 'shall we go?' she added to her sentence.

Obilivio walked over to her and kept on staring at her, making her nervous. 'w-what's wrong Obilivio?' she asked him nervously. 'can you let Mizuko out too?' Obilivio asked her a little cold. 'ah yeah... it would be unfair if he wasn't out, right?' Ayame smiled as she released her marshtomp out his pokeball.

'now we can go~' she happily said as she faced Dee Dee again.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Link Hunter
Cruel Memories (2)

Angel perched herself on her trainer's shoulder and gave tall, dark, and broody a look.

And of course Maytec snickered. After a few seconds, he burst laughing.
Link rose his hooded head to meet the gaze of the overgrown Torchic who had a look on his face that seemed to contain emotions of impressed confusion;

"Oh it was quite a battle! But... that Gyarados was strong, why didn't you catch it? A Pokemon with stats like that could even give Maytec a hard time."

Behind the trainer, the Rotom began to snigger, Link assumed that Maytec was it's nickname. He had never seen the point in nicknames, they offer no strategic advantage whatsoever, a Pokemon has a name, and if you weren't sure what it was, listen to the damn thing, it can't help but feel the need to constantly remind you...

Link then considered the question placed before him, and flashes of his haunting memories that had occurred during the battle and prevented him from catching the Gyarados ran through his head once again, causing him to flinch ever so slightly

''I have no need for water poke.....''

Link then reconsidered his answer

''None of your business''

Still holding the Pokeball containing his Gliscor, Link looked down at it before raising his gaze once again, this time settling on the female trainer

''So...what's your story? Anything besides that Sneasel? In fact....I should go get Gliscor seen to, fancy a walk?''

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

Sarah led the way back to the battle arena as Blaze walked next to her. As they neared the area she could already see that there were battles around due to the various trainers on board. Blaze yawned when he viewed the battles, glancing over them and frowning when he noticed the weak opponents that were on the ship. His eager mood shut off there as he walked away, a bit irritated at the sight of rattatas and similar weak opponents. Sarah followed after him, "We'll find a strong opponent for you. Don't worry about that!" She saw that Blaze really wasn't looking at her and instead at the other end of the ship. It was obvious what caught his eyes. A Gliscor was fighting a Gyrados and managed to beat the water-type despite the type advantage. Blaze continued to stare as the boy who was the Gliscor's trainer spoke to another trainer.

Sarah gasped as she saw a rotom there in one of its alternate forms. She couldn't believe it! Rotom were very rare! She knew her son tried to catch one but the ghost managed to evade him. Blaze stood there, silent for a few seconds before he began to walk forward with a steady gait. Sarah sighed and followed after the fire-type. If there was anything that would get Blaze's attention, it was a strong opponent.

She knew she couldn't stop him even if she tried and so he stepped right up to the boy. "Excuse me, but it seems that my Blaziken wishes to battle your Gliscor after that impressive battle it gave who wouldn't?" She said with a smile as Blaze just looked at the boy with a calm air about, ready to start a battle here and now.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Eve Murphy​

Eve stood in the flooding deck, staring out at the ocean where the Gyarados had been merely moments before it had sunk under, her jeans and the lower end of her shirt soaking wet. She was amazed at the way the ground type bat had fought the Gyarados off, and it even managed to do so before the ship was blasted out of existence by the angry menace. Eve's eyes were wide with shock, and she remained in a trance like state. Achilles just held onto her head with an expression that said, And the point of this... was...?

She'd never been too far from home where her plague of a sister was curled in the couch next to the small TV and the stereotypical teenage girl magazines with awkward pictures of Lt. Surge. For most trainers, she presumed, the sight she saw was an every day occurrence, but not for her. She was too caught off guard to even attempt to conceal her obviously inexperienced manner. She'd just keep blaming it on the potential hyper beam that would've been sent their way.

Eve wanted to congratulate Link; say something, but she was too shocked and amazed and scared all rolled into one to even be able to mutter a word. Eve looked towards Orenji as he admitted that Link would've had a big advantage against him had he caught the sea monster. By the way the Gliscor fought, Eve didn't think Link was faced with much of a loss.

"I have no need for water poke..... None of your business," Link said to Orenji. Something about the way he said that made Eve think he was hiding something, but she wasn't in the mood to try prying into his thoughts and secrets. After all, they hadn't met all that long ago! "So...what's your story? Anything besides that Sneasel? In fact....I should go get Gliscor seen to, fancy a walk?" Link asked after turning his attention to Eve.

She looked back at him, now somewhat recovered from the amazement. "Oh! Sure. Let's go. I actually have three more Pokémon. I have a Seadra, a-" Eve cut herself off and turned to see a Blaziken confidently walking over in their direction. She couldn't help but notice how beautiful and majestic this Pokémon looked. Its feathers were smooth and in place, its firey cuffs brilliant; the Pokémon's gaze was shining with health.

The woman that followed behind it had a familiar face. Eve had seen her talking to a boy with pale hair not that long ago when she had been getting Achilles all healed up. She gave her a small smile like she had earlier, but the woman no doubt hadn't noticed since she was completely fixated on her Blaziken and her potential opponent.

Achilles shot a challenging look at the Blaziken as if he hadn't realized that both of his own types were weak against the two types of the Blaziken. The confidence and power in the Pokémon's disposition was threatening to Achilles, though he remained calm as Eve frequently instructed him to.

"Excuse me, but it seems that my Blaziken wishes to battle your Gliscor after that impressive battle it gave who wouldn't?" she asked as her Blaziken stopped in front of Link and watched him with an eagerness in his face. As excited as Eve was to see the two face off, she was really in the mood to go on the walk Link had suggested. However, it wasn't like her to be rude and talk them out of it and so she stood there quietly, letting Link have his say.

After observing further, she realized the Blaziken made a good match with Orenji. They had similar colors and everything. If only she could get them to stand near each other for just a moment...

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Link Hunter
A Worthy Opponent?

Links green eyes fixated on Eve who seemed to snap back to attention at being spoken to, she previously looked to have been deep in thought

"Oh! Sure. Let's go. I actually have three more Pokémon. I have a Seadra, a-"

She cut herself off however and her attentions began to focus just behind Link who turned around and was slightly startled by the appearance of an extremely handsome Blaziken. The fire and fighting type stood perfectly still, it's feathers calmly waving in the wind, definitely a picture perfect sight for any Pokemon artists looking for inspiration to their next artful masterpiece. Link found himself instantly drawn to the Pokemon, eery inch of it beamed with obedience and confidence, along with the relaxed air that came with any prized Pokemon, at least in Link's opinion. It took all of Links tenacious nature to break his eye contact with the Pokemon as he stole a glance at Orenji the overgrown Torchick

''There you go kid, Look what you could become with a lot of dedication and maturity''

A slight smirk on his face at his own wit, Links eyes looked back to the Blaziken again which he could now see was joined by a slightly older woman with a charming smile upon her face. She wore a blue blouse, white skirt and tennis style trainers, clutching a purse to her side, she had more the feel of a motherly type then a Pokemon trainer, perhaps she was looking after the Blaziken for a friend?

"Excuse me, but it seems that my Blaziken wishes to battle your Gliscor, after that impressive battle it gave who wouldn't?"

Maybe not...

Link looked into the eyes of the Pokemon that stared right back, clearly keen for a battle. Link took a step forward to more closely observe the Champion fire type, he was half expecting the Blaziken to step further away, but it seemed quite relaxed.

''Does it now?....Well I must admit, it definitely seems like a worthwhile opponent. A Blaziken eh, did you raise it entirely by yourself? Because credit where it's due, if you did, you have done a great job''

Link wasn't usually one to give compliments, but in occasions such as this when face to face with such a clearly impressive Pokemon, it was hard not to. Besides, a trainer not prepared to accept the skills of his competition was doomed to failure.

''It would be my pleasure to battle your Blaziken, however, my Gliscor just came off of a tough fight, and it's not exactly 100% at the moment

This wouldn't have ordinarily deterred Link, but this Blaziken was definitely going to require full health.

''I do have another Pokemon you could...''

Links eyes then turned back to Eve who was surveying the scene with interest, and he recalled his previous proposal.

''Me and my new friend here are actually on the way to get Gliscor healed up now, how about a rain check? I'm sure your Blaziken wouldn't want to take an easy win, but in the meantime, perhaps it would like to meet this guy...?''

Link indicated towards Orenji and his Pokemon

''Perhaps the two of them are related...''

Clipping Gliscor's Pokeball back to his belt, Link looked towards Eve motioning away from the scene

''Shall we?....In fact, you will have to lead the way, I must admit I don't actually know where I'm going...''

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

Sarah really didn't know how to respond to the praise that Blaziken seemed to be getting from the young man and the girl there as well. She looked down with a blush, "Yes, I did train Blaze." She said with a little pride in her voice. Most of the time other trainers didn't get to meet Blaze simply because they didn't want to interact with an older woman who was going to try and trash their style.... whatever that meant.

Blaziken himself seemed to soak in all of the attention and as the boy moved up to look him over he didn't move, instead staying there with a grin on his face. Sarah didn't think of Blaze as that well off for a pokemon. She had met some rather impressive pokemon from other trainers but still, it was nice to have some acknowledgment from another trainer on how well Blaze had been trained.

The boy then said that after his battle he would have to heal up his Gliscor. That was perfectly natural but Blaze seemed to be put off by it a bit, but he still understood as he nodded his head. The boy seemed to want to use another pokmeon but instead he pointed at another boy wearing a bright orange suit of sorts. Everything on him was orange and for a brief second the teenager reminded her of when Blaze was a Torchic.

She chuckled a bit and walked over to him and walked to him. "So, I take it that you would want to battle Blaze then?" She asked as Blaze looked over the boy with a judging eye as she then caught sight of his Togekiss and thenn looked at the Rotom. "Well, you do have some rather rare pokemon who are no doubt strong. If you want we could partake in a double battle."

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Orenji: OH MY GOD A FREAKING BLAZIKEN!

Orenji was about to fume at being ignored completely, when he saw it. Majestic, powerful, and all that orange! He immediately began gushing over it, to the point where Angel wing-palmed in embarassment. "HOLY CRAP IS THAT A BLAZIKEN? OF COURSE IT IS! HOLY CRAP IT IS SO AWESOME AND ORANGE AND I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A TORCHIC CAUSE PEOPLE SAY I LOOK LIKE ONE NOT SURE WHY I MEAN I DO NOT HAVE FEATHERS OR A BEAK AND AM UNABLE TO SPIT FIRE OR ANYTHING AND HAVE YOU BRED THIS BAD BOY CAN I HAVE ITS KID I WOULD TRAIN IT AND LOVE IT AND OH MY GOD ITS A ****ING BLAZIKEN!!!!!!!!"

Never let it be said that Orenji didn't like the Torchic line.

"Wait a second...." the orange ensemble realized the woman's words after a moment.

And began another gushing fanboy rant.
"OH HELL YES I WANNA BATTLE THE BLAZIKEN, I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED ONE BUT I HAVE ALSO ALWAYS WANTED TO BATTLE ONE TOO.... Ahhhhhhh!" Orenji growled at his Rotom who blasted him with a Hydro Pump. He just laughed like he always does. "When this trip is over I'm using you to mow my lawn." He then turned to the woman with TOTALLY ****ING AWESOME BLAZIKEN. "It'd be an honor to battle you miss." He bowed as per his custom. "Names Orenji, from Lavender Town. These two are Angel and Maytec."

The two mentioned pokemon bowed and stated their species. Which is kinda all they can do anyway. Out of nowhere a robo-ref appeared and took position. Hi monotone voice rang through the air. "Trainers, take your positions."

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Dorian Dammer

Dee Dee's best friend said she was ready to go. He smiled and in response and nodded at her. He walked towards her, as if he was ready to grab her hand, but then his scumbag brain decided to use his feelings to play some tricks on him. Guess Queenie wasn't the only prankster who liked to mess with poor Dee Dee.

"Um, yeah!" he said and giggled awkwardly, "Let's, um, go!"

He moved his right arm towards Ayame's left arm, but it seemed like it was getting heavier, because he found himself unable to move it. Come on, he thought, What's wrong with me? It's only to lead her to the deck...It is okay...right? He narrowed his eyes and closed them. And as his hand touched hers, one could tell he was getting tense. He opened his eyes, while his cheeks getting reddish.

"Um, this way!" he said and dashed off outside of the Food Aisle. Now that hunger was off his mind, all that he could think of was his love for Ayame. And he had the idea that the deck would be a perfect place to tell her how he felt. And, if his timing was right, it would be getting dark soon...Which meant a beautiful sunset in the sea.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sarah Reyes​

Sarah was actually surprised by the rather over enthusiastic response she received. Apparently Blaziken were rather much adored pokemon by younger trainers. She knew of one or two other trainers who had one, but still, it was a starter pokemon. There should be many trainers here who would have one or at least she thought there would be. Strangely she had not seen another pokemon from the Torchic family line on the ship yet. The boy got so worked up that his Rotom had to spit some water at him to get him to calm down, at least a bit. Blaze kept his eyes locked on the sporadic reaction the boy gave to his presence but he was actually basking in the praise. He hadn't fought any opponents that had complimented him so much and if his face hadn't been colored red he would have been blushing from the reactions he was receiving.

Sarah paused as she considered the boy's words. How he would want to raise a Torchic and how Blaziken was so... cool. Before she could speak one of the battle bots came over and began to referee for them.

Sarah nodded and walked back some distance and got into her position as Blazke readied himself. "Very well. Let's make it a double battle." With that she opened another pokeball as a energetic Primape appeared on the field and punched his fists together to show off.

Sarah thought to herself and smiled at Orenji. "Well, Orenji, My name is Sarah. I am from Jubilife City. I see that you really enjoy the Torchic family line, so would you want to train Blaze for a bit?" She asked curiously. "He is well mannered as well as a gentleman and in turn I could train one of your pokemon. I would have to trade you later though since he does really wish to battle that Gliscor." She nodded, "I want to see how well you battle. Show me your strength Orenji."

She flashed a grin, "My Primape is Yipper and as the saying goes, ladies first! Blaze, Yipper, use Bulk Up!"

The Primeape and Blaziken cried out as they raised their arms and flexed as a red aura surrounded their bodies. Yipper's arms and legs expanded with muscle and became more toned. Blaze's arms and legs also expanded with muscle as his torso muscles hardened and he gained a six pack.

Blaze raised one arm in front of his face and held his other arm in front of his chest as Yipper pounded his fists together once more. First off she would have to take down Maytec. Once it was down then she would take down Angel for the win. "Come at me Orenji!"

NightOfRemorse

Years
Eve Murphy​

The boy with the black fringe turned down the pair's offer to battle his Gliscor and explained that it was too worn out from the last battle to partake in another. Though the Gliscor didn't seem tired at all, that was probably just the bat bracing itself and shoving its pain aside in order to complete the task it was given. Like the Blazkien, the Gliscor deserved some praise as well, for it isn't exactly easy to hide signs of pain.

Link was about to offer a battle with another one of his Pokémon but then looked at Eve, who met his gaze, and seemed to remember that they were about to go for a walk. He then offered the woman a battle with Orenji and acknowledged the resemblance between the amazing Blaziken and the orange garbed trainer.

"Shall we?....In fact, you will have to lead the way, I must admit I don't actually know where I'm going…" Link said. Eve looked at him and then the woman, nodding. "Excuse us," she said with a smile before making her way through the deck until they found a set of stairs. Eve walked down them and started to think about where the ship would be headed next. Seafoam Islands. The only thing Eve knew about them was that there were two islands, and they were the exact same shape as each other. That in itself was pretty incredible to Eve.

It was a bit silly, but she thought of the possibility of the islands being formed by a Pokémon. Possibly Articuno? "So, you looking forward to the Seafoam Islands?" she asked Link with a wide smile. "I bet they have all kinds of great Pokémon there!" Once they made it to the bottom of the stairs, the nurse's office was visible just down the hall. Eve continued through it until they were inside the nurse's room.

PkmnRangerJ

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
Orenji: Double Battle! Angel/Maytec VS Blaze/Yipper

Orenji eyed the Fighting-type duo, eagerness written all over his face. He was mulling over a basic battle plan in his head. "This seems almost too good to be true, they are ignoring their rather lackluster Special Defense and going for Maytec, who's base defenses can make the Rotom outlast em both and use Will-O-Wisp, Maytec's superior Special Attack notwithstanding. Angel can go in for the kill early."

With a Sentai pose, he makes the second move, hoping to end the battle quickly.
"Maytec use Will-O-Wisp on Yipper, Angel go for the KO with Air Slash on Blaze, maybe if we impress it enough we can have its Torchic!" The Jubilee pokemon sighed at his trainer's single mindedness. Then proceeded to send two buzzsaws of air at blistering speed. Maytec giggled at his trainer's antics and forcefully sent out a small blue ball of fire, one that had bad intentions written all over it. If it hit that meant there was no way the Primeape could scratch him, not that he could do much damage as is, it would take an extra Bulk Up or two before the washing machine would start getting worried. He did hope Angel takes out Blaze, two Bulked Up pokemon at once, Blaze's weakness to fire aside, was trouble for anyone.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Giselle O'Brien
502.png
498.png
496.png
148.png

Giselle woke up some time later, not sure how much time had passed but she was feeling a lot better. She sat up and fixed her hair slightly before slipping out of the bed and picking up her bag walking out of the room. Her face was still pale and she was a bit disoriented from sleep but she wasn't feeling ill anymore. As she exited the room she saw Nurse Angie walking back with four Pokeballs, likely to heal someone's Pokemon.

"What are you doing up!" she exclaimed rushing to her and feeling her forehead. "oh your fever is gone, do you feel better dear?"

"A lot better thank you Nurse Silvers, can I go now?" Giselle asked.

"of course, off you go, I have other work to do" she said before continuing on her way to heal the Pokemon she had.

Giselle took a breath and walked out to the Nurses area where to boys where waiting but she didn't notice them, still slightly disoriented she ended up running into the younger of the two and fell to the ground landing on her butt.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Link Hunter
''Breaking Habits''

Looking at Eve his posture relaxed and is eyes calm once again, she nodded and excused the two of them from the battle that was abot to begin. Link found himself nearly being flattened by the Referee Battlebot that rushed to the scene.

Hope that Blaziken destroys him...

As the two walked down the ships deck in silence, Link found himself once again lost in his own mind, replaying the fight between is Gliscor and the Gyarados over in his head, considering what he could have done differently, what went right and wrong, this was a life long habit of Links, he was very hard on himself, but it's not like he had any other choice, after all, his big brother Michael was a pro. Truth be told Link really admired him and constantly felt like he was in his shadow, which was probably why he was so hard on himself and his Pokemon, not that he would ever admit it.

The pair came to a set of stairs which Eve instinctfully began to drift towards, Link had been so lost in thoughts of the battle that he ahd half forgotten that he didn't have a clue where they were going, he merely trusted this stranger to assist him, strange....that wasn't something he made a habit of...
There was something interesting about this girl, he couldn't put his finger on just what exactly, but he felt slightly drawn to her.

I wonder if she's expecting me to say something?

Link began to worry that she would think he only wanted her company to show him the way, and although this was partly true, it wasn't the only reason, after all, if it came down to it, he was a big boy, he coulda found the nurses office himself!

I should definitely say something...

"So, you looking forward to the Seafoam Islands?"

Grateful that she had broken the silence, Link turned his eyes to meet hers, noticing a wide grin on her face

"I bet they have all kinds of great Pokémon there!"

This girl was really friendly, especially considering she didn't know Link, plus he had acted a bit know it all and sarcastic up on the deck before fighting the Gyarados. But that was just Link.

''I guess, I was born on Cinnabar Island, so it isn't really new to me. But yeah, there are a fair few, obviously all your basic water Pokemon you'd expect to see in most parts of the ocean, if you can call them great....

And of course on Seaform Island itself your almost sure to see Shellders and Seals, and you get the odd few other Ice types...''

By this point they had arrived in the nurses office, and sure enough rushing about the place was a young woman in a pink dress and hat, with white tights and dolly shoes.

''Hello?...''

The nurse, hearing the voice stopped in her tracks and turned to face Link and Eve, she looked tired and stressed, but a smile appeared on her face nonetheless

''Hellooooo! How can I help you two lovebirds?''

Link rose an eyebrow

''Uuum, yeah we're not lovebirds, we only just met...''

Quite judgemental of you to assume that any young guy and girl that walk in together but me a couple but whatever

''But yeah anyway, two of my pokemon could use a pick me up''

Link took two Pokeballs containing Gliscor and Murkrow off of his belt and placed them on the desk in front of him. The nurse picked them up and responded

''Oh...my apologies! Glad to see people are making friends though! I'll see to them right away, be with you in a jiffy!''

At that point, the nurse turned and walked through a door, Links Pokemon in hand. The green eyed trainer then noticed a young, pale looking girl who seemed to be in a bit of a hurry, crashing into two guys and falling to the floor, Link tittered to himself before leading against the desk and folding his arms, turning to Eve

''Of course, there's always a chance you could find an Articuno! Hahaha''

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back