• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Yellow Playthrough

Ash Hobelia

Twitch Streamer AshHobelia
Years
Decided to start streaming only Pokemon because I'm obsessed with it lol. I wanted to start doing playthroughs on Twitch of each game and my god is the nostalgia kicking in! Forgot how amazing the older games were!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Decided to start streaming only Pokemon because I'm obsessed with it lol. I wanted to start doing playthroughs on Twitch of each game and my god is the nostalgia kicking in! Forgot how amazing the older games were!

Yep, Yellow definitely takes you back but I'd argue that Yellow is harder than their Red/Blue counterparts. Jesse&James appearances add a unique wrinkle to Team Rocket encounters, and Gym Leaders all have different/stronger Pokemon(with the exception of Brock as his Geodude is level 10 and Onix is level 12(12 and 14 respectively in Red/Blue)). I suppose to offset the stronger Gym Leaders is that you get all 3 Kanto Starters, which make things SOOO much easier. Heck you could do the unique case of the Ditto Glitch and get Mew prior to your Gym Battle with Misty(just requires going to Bill's House and South towards Vermilion for an Abra).

Good luck on your playthrough.

Back