• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NU/RU/UU Tier Battling

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
In a metagame swamped with predictable team choices, competitive play can become a bit of a bore. And it's almost impossible to find people online who don't run with the overused and ubers. So I was thinking we could get together a bunch of people who would be willing to use some of the less used mons and just have fun with themselves. I just recently got into the competitive scene last generation and I can't say I've completely lost interest, but there are 718 mons for us to chose from and we constantly recycle about 30~50 of them if that! I understand that's including their prior evolutions, but still, we have such a wide variety of some of our favorites that we're simply not using because we know it wouldn't be worth our time. So I suggest we start a group of trainers who wouldn't mind ditching the meta scene for some time training and battling with their own favs; set them up with their own strategic movesets and maybe some obscure items (they can be your conventional leftovers/choice/orbs for walls and sweeps) and having some unforeseen fun with it.

I can start a Steam group or we can work from here, which ever works for you guys. We can talk about our team ideas and each mon's moveset/nature/ability/EV spread and battles we've had with other members and maybe even start our own tier list of what we think the "best" mons are (kinda funny when you think about it, "The Best of the Worst" XD)

Steam Name: 96kidbuu
FC: 5413 0892 5191

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Sounds good to me! What you described is the primary reason I've avoided the competitive battling scene. I don't want to get owned just because my team isn't a clone of the next one. But how would we decide what pokemon qualify for our use? Smogon tiers?

Oh, I just noticed you mentioned tiers in the thread title. I guess that answers my question. :)

Back