• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your proudest moment in gaming

TY

I guess reaching the 2nd highest rank in CS:GO is my best achievement so far, idk.

I've done so many things but replicated them over and over so it's no longer really an achievement to me personally and I don't think I've done anything significant just yet.

Also had a crazy comeback once but lost the series so not really an achievement when you still lose in the end lol.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i'm not like good at any games really so i'll take any win in smash as a bigger victory than it should be considered.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
>me
>people who have things to be proud of

pick one

Years
Let's see...

Ocarina of Time - the last leg of the game, where Zelda the Terminally Incompetent leads you down the stairs at a snails pace. I was pissed by the time I encountered the two Stalfos inside the castle, and I killed them in about... three seconds? Someone was watching and they remarked that it was damn fast.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Recently, I picked up the remote and butchered the other player who almost always did the same to me. Very satisfying. I won about three matches. Doesn't sound very cool, but if you'd seen their record for wins and mine for losses...

Drawn to Life - made a damnably fine Kim Possible in creation mode. And Gwen Tennyson from Ben 10.

... but yes, someone did once beat me at Melee with one hand - taking no damage. They were eating a sandwich at the time. I'd like to say that I was blindfolded but I was wide awake and screaming.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Clearing Super Mario Land in under 20 minutes. Need to practice up on that again.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Spoiler:

getting 91% on soulless 4
Now I doubt anyone here is super into clone hero (it's pretty much a fanmade version of guitar hero for pc that's grown pretty popular recently), but this is basically the hardest song anyone has gotten 100% accuraccy on. I'm not nearly good enough to get 100%, and due to my setup and horrible nerves making it pretty much impossible to get 100% accuraccy on anything, my goal for it was to get 90%. I practiced for about a year, and slowly made my way up to 89%. One day, I just did really really good and got 91%. To this day I've never actually gotten 90 lol

Last edited:

TY

I almost had a proud moment in clutching out a 1v4 in Rainbow Six Siege to win a important round but I choked on the last duel so I lost it T__T

i swear one of these days I will win a 1v4 or a 1v5

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Finally getting through the sixth singularity in Fate/Grand Order. It was a tough ride but the story was so great! And the seventh singularity is proving to be even better!

Years
  • Seen today
I never achieve something I can call big in video games, but the proudest maybe Pentakill in League of Legends playing as Twitch, or reached King of Games (PvP highest division) in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links (3 times actually, with a similar deck when the deck totally dominated the meta :p).

pkmin3033

Getting the platinum trophy in Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited. It took me around 120 hours - so by no means my longest - but it's the rarest one I have and I felt so good when I finally finished it. After hours of hunting in the Item World for specific groups of pirates and obsessive grinding of Innocents so that I could hit the 10 billion damage mark - that was at least a third of my playtime, and god almighty did it pay off in spades when I took out LoC Tyrant Overlord Baal within a few turns! - I was actually quite sad when it popped and I was done. I'd love to do it again sometime, but I just don't have the time these days, sadly.

Being the third person in the EU region on PSNP to plat Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online was pretty cool, too.

Years
Even though it was only for a brief period, there was a time during the week of release that I was ranked top ten in the world on NHL 19, even though I hadn't played competitively for over 5 years. Was fun knowing I could still beat people with skill, before everyone started figuring out exploits to score goals, because at that point it's just a game of gaming the system, instead of something resembling real hockey.

I've also tied or come within one second of a few individual act speedrun records for Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which is pretty cool. I don't have the patience to do full speedruns, but at least I know I can hang with some of the best.

Last edited:
Years
Actually getting past 2 mil+ stat in Disgaea 5.

I mean... I do take stat growth fairly seriously in that game and I wanted to hit the 10mil softcap, and words couldn't describe how pleased I was that I was finally making progress there!

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
Hmmm, i think the day i completed some mini games in Nino kuni(where you were in need of lots of strategy/focus time ), there were maybe some other games too, but i don't remember exactly which.

Years
Now I remember!

In Majora's Mask, there's this bit where you've got to retrieve Lulu's eggs from the Gerudo Pirates, and it's a fairly trivial excursion...

... except I only had one bottle, and knew nothing of the slow-down-time spell until the last ten minutes or so. Not to mention I kept getting lost in the stronghold and found by the red-haired vixens, thus getting dumped on the ocean's shore some light years away and made to start again.

I was jockeying between the scientist and the Gerudo hideout, encountering dozens of setbacks at a time - bottle in hand, terror in eye - and then I had to negotiate a maze and dive into a fucking trench and murder the eels inside it to collect the last three eggs. I cleared it with thirty seconds to spare. The whole thing took a few hours.

And ceaseless errors are not deserving of pride, but marching on with the barest necessities and emerging a conqueror...! That's pretty fun.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Achieving 100% for Grand Theft Auto 5. It took over an entire year, and it gave me something to focus on during that Summer when things weren't particularly going well.

I'll probably never go for 100% again, although I finished the main story again last night.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I beat my cousin 62-3 matches in Puyo Puyo Tetris

His persistence was really admirable

Back