• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Watch in the Pokégear Menu

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Hi, I just came across this post and seems quite cool! Just to know, would it be possible to include the time into the pause menu screen instead of the Pokegear?
After first line 'pbUpdateSceneMap' in PScreen_PauseMenu add 'pbShowInfo(pbGetTimeNow.strftime("%I:%M %p"))'.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Is there anyway to decrease font size?
Change
Code:
    textPositions=[
       [@dateString,Graphics.width/2,-2,2,baseColor,shadowColor]]
    pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textPositions)

To

Code:
    textPositions=[
       [@dateString,Graphics.width/2, 4,2,baseColor,shadowColor]]
    overlay.font.size-=10
    pbDrawTextPositions(overlay,textPositions)
    overlay.font.size+=10

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
Thank you for the resource, simple yet very nice, I'm gonna use it in my fan game!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Hi, so I'm using this script and unreal time system, but I was wondering if there was an easy way to also display the day of the week (unless this is unchanged by unreal time) as well. I tried looking for a script that displays the day of the week, but I couldn't find anything. Some events in my game are based on the day of the week and I think it's unfair for the player not to know which day it is because they wouldn't know which events are available.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Hi, so I'm using this script and unreal time system, but I was wondering if there was an easy way to also display the day of the week (unless this is unchanged by unreal time) as well. I tried looking for a script that displays the day of the week, but I couldn't find anything. Some events in my game are based on the day of the week and I think it's unfair for the player not to know which day it is because they wouldn't know which events are available.
Like I put on unreal time description:

'pbGetTimeNow.strftime("%A")' (displays weekday name)
You can combine with other formats, for example:
Code:
pbGetTimeNow.strftime("%I:%M %p %A") # Displays Hours:Minutes pm/am and the day of week

Look at https://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/time/rdoc/Time.html for time formats in ruby.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Updated to Essentials v20.1, working on all current versions (I guess). Old version (working at Essentials v18):

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
I installed the plugin and the clock doesn't update whenever I am on the screen. It only updates whenever I close and reopen it. I put 'initialize_watch' before the pbFade and everything, is there something I'm doing wrong?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
I installed the plugin and the clock doesn't update whenever I am on the screen. It only updates whenever I close and reopen it. I put 'initialize_watch' before the pbFade and everything, is there something I'm doing wrong?
Strange. What is your Essentials version?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
I am currently using v20 with the 20.1 Hotfixes. Could that possibly cause it to break?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
I am currently using v20 with the 20.1 Hotfixes. Could that possibly cause it to break?
I tested at v20.1 with the 1.0.6 hotfixes and it is working. I can't reproduce your error.

By the way, are you using it with Unreal Time System configured with TIME_STOPS as true? If so, the time won't pass at menus.

Back