• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Crimson Skies (AUGUST 2016 DEMO 2.0, 30 HOURS LONG AND 7 GYMS)

Galbatorix

Bringer of Evil
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
First off, let me start by saying I freaking love this game! It's totally cool yet it has a few problems. My main problem at this point is that my Fletchinder won't evolve. I'm pretty sure the patch is supposed to fix this problem but it isn't. Secondly one of my Meowstic moves, disarming voice, wasn't visible in battle. My third problem isn't really a problem but more of an annoyance for me personally, can you show how many pokemon the opponents have via the amount of pokeballs above their current pokemon's name? I just like to know what I'm in for. But the game is great so far and I know it's only going to get better! XD

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
I just downloaded this, I really like how you utilized the 6th gen 3d pokemon models during th ebattle scenes, but I have but one complaint; due to how pokemon essentials mirrors 5th gen mechanics and earlier, the 6th gen models lack the life we see in the actual 6th gen games. Granted pokemon essentials has it's limits, but at the very least it would be nice to see a pokemon move during an attack. Seeing the 3d models remain in the same pose throughout the battle even when it's supposed to be using a simple Scratch or Tackle honestly looks very weird.

Now as of yet I know pokemon essentials lacks all the animations for all moves as such I wouldn't expect all possible 3d model animations to be put to work if certain moves have a exclusive animation set in the 6th gen games, though it would be safe to assume one could recycle animations for most any move of a certain type. Beyond that I don't expect animations for all moves to be put in obviously.

If it is ever possible to include the animations for a pokemon performing a move in conjunction with the actual attack animation I hope that can be done, because seeing the 3d models alone looks to be a pretty big breakthrough on it's own. I'm eager to see if it'd be possible to make the pokemon more lively as they ought to be seen with these models.

Also if you're gonna have Eevee be catchable at the start of the game, at least lower it's catch rate.........There's a reason Eevee in the main games is reserved for a mid-to-late game acquisition because it's catch rate is so low you need at least ultra balls to get one and even then it's ridiculously difficult. If Eevee is to remain an early game, either improve it's catch rate or give the luxury ball a new effect to allow it to better catch pokemon that evolve via happiness since you have one luxury ball found out in the open before Treesap City.

The animations are not final. Eevee was not too hard for me to catch I caught on first try after weakening it so I'll just leave it but might lower later. I put Luxury Ball there so people can catch Eevee with it and evolve it faster, only get one shot though (dedicated players will Soft Reset).

Well, finished the beta.
And there are some things I´d like to say:

-I like how you used 3d sprites that doesn´t make the game laggy.(That´s a problem Reborn had long time ago)
-Overall, the story is good. But I feel something off, can´t say exactly what right now.
-Mid-game megas is a nice touch, specially since the leaders have them too.
-An early GOOD legendary (non-post game) is good to have too. I was expecting as an early legendary something like Manaphy, the one you put is a lot better.

-Bug: I have a female Meowstic, but on the stats screen I see a Male one.
Also when using the abilityzer on it, the list shows the male´s abilities, but the one I´ve got was a correct one. (Replaced Keen eye w/ Competitive)

Overall, I really liked the beta.

Current Team:
Blaze (Typhlosion-m) Lv58
BirdJesus (Talonflame-m) Lv58
Kanon (Meowstic-f) Lv60
Gyakko (Gyarados-f) Lv60
Stella (Steelix-f) Lv58
Titania (Abomasnow-f) Lv57

The story is not completely final, and will probably be a bit different in the end product. I will also look into the Meowstic issues. And cool team!

Hey how do i get a fire stone in the game?

Go to RunDown City, the Big Mart sells them. Also there is one in Dunerupt Volcano.

First off, let me start by saying I freaking love this game! It's totally cool yet it has a few problems. My main problem at this point is that my Fletchinder won't evolve. I'm pretty sure the patch is supposed to fix this problem but it isn't. Secondly one of my Meowstic moves, disarming voice, wasn't visible in battle. My third problem isn't really a problem but more of an annoyance for me personally, can you show how many pokemon the opponents have via the amount of pokeballs above their current pokemon's name? I just like to know what I'm in for. But the game is great so far and I know it's only going to get better! XD

Try the patch again, or try the patch from this link https://mega.co.nz/#!LU8ViBrQ!cUBlUh3ohTW1luEQCFhTteZV7N1rUC6UUXS3eykwFcA
The Fairy-type move issue will be solved in the next patch.
I don't make the battle system so I got no control over that.
Thanks, look forward to a nice patch soon, with a graphical overhaul!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Thanks for hearing me out on my point, I guess I'll just try again since the eevee thing appears to be set in stone.

Galbatorix

Bringer of Evil
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
I tried the patch again and my Fletchinder still has not evolved and it's lvl 38???? Please Help!!

Also the shiny sandslash you get for helping the girl sprite is messed up. It's alternates between 1 then 2 sandslashes over and over again.

Last edited:

Florio

Years
I tried the patch again and my Fletchinder still has not evolved and it's lvl 38???? Please Help!!

Also the shiny sandslash you get for helping the girl sprite is messed up. It's alternates between 1 then 2 sandslashes over and over again.

Did you replace the old file? I'm almost positive it works because it fixed it for someone else. I know about the Sandslash problem though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Where can i found HM 2 Fly???

I finished the beta :))
My Team:
Typhlosion 58 lev
Ampharos 52 lev
Stelix 53 lev
Tentacruel 53 lev
Garchomp 53 lev
Talonflame 54 lev
I can wait for full version . This is best game ever :))))))

Last edited by a moderator:

Florio

Years
hey man what trees can be headbutt ? ;p

I haven't added any trees that can be Headbutted, but might later.

Where can i found HM 2 Fly???

I finished the beta :))
My Team:
Typhlosion 58 lev
Ampharos 52 lev
Stelix 53 lev
Tentacruel 53 lev
Garchomp 53 lev
Talonflame 54 lev
I can wait for full version . This is best game ever :))))))

HM02 Fly is in Dunerupt Town. Talk to the Trainer with the Flygon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
hey man i breed roselia with ditto for take the egg to give the budew and it gave me roselia again... i finish the beta the game was great i really enjoy it really good job from every one who helped :)
Team:
Feraligatotr 57
Toxicroak 54
Garchomp 55
bravery 50
Abomasnow 46
Gardevoir 45 (i will lvl it up more :P )
i took gardevoir cause i think meowstic was weak so i take it for fairy and psychic i will train it more :)
When we will possible to download the new version ?
(i found a shiny camerupt) ;p

Last edited:

mde2001

Pokemon Industrial Developer
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
hey man i breed roselia with ditto for take the egg to give the budew and it gave me roselia again... now i put magmar it will give me magmy or what ? i finish the beta the game was great i really enjoy it really good job from every one who helped :)
Team:
Feraligatotr 57
Toxicroak 54
Garchomp 55
Rufflet 47 ( i will evolve it soon just it need more train )
Abomasnow 46
kirlia 27
i took kirlia cause i think meowstic was weak so i take it for fairy and psychic i will train it from now on
when we will possible to download the new version ?

In terms of breeding roselia with ditto for budew you will need an incense (the rose incense I think). Make your roselia hold that and you should get what you want.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
In terms of breeding roselia with ditto for budew you will need an incense (the rose incense I think). Make your roselia hold that and you should get what you want.

if i find one ;p one more think where can i find electabuzz ?

Master Menos

The Twisted Pierrot that became King!
Years
The patch didn't work for me. Was the patch file supposed to be in the main area? Was it supposed to replace the application file (as the Readme file seem to have said)?

Florio

Years
The patch didn't work for me. Was the patch file supposed to be in the main area? Was it supposed to replace the application file (as the Readme file seem to have said)?

Yes and yes, not sure why it wouldn't work. Soon I'm going to update the game anyways with a new patch and better graphics and some bug fixes.

Florio

Years
Some Maps that I have been working on this weekend. Thought I would show them off so I could get some opinions/criticism.

Lightcliff City
Spoiler:

Lightcliff Beach
Spoiler:

Weather Temple
Spoiler:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Lightcliff City;
The canopy hurt my eyes as soon as I clicked the spoiler button... It is too bright.
The steps leading out of the city (or in to) look weird, I suggest, if you're going to do that, edit your tileset and add some steps that will go from top to bottom.
I feel like the base of the tree is too light, it seems the trunk is above the tree tops, especially when you're barely focusing on the trees.

Lightcliff Beach;
Again, the color contrasting is hard on the eyes with the red and blue things.
The bench could use slight editing, it seems it's missing the bracket that will join the 2 back legs.
I don't think you should over use boulders like that, maybe use the 2 wooden poles instead.
The temple is missing it's shadow.

Temple;
I don't think the walls are right to use with steps coming from them, but there is no way around that without re-designing them.
The coloring is nice, but the steps seem out of place.

Other than tile problems, the areas themselves seem alright to me.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Hey. I will start a second run but after what gym are these pokemon available?

Aron
Tynamo
Timburr
Machop
Gengar
scyther
litwick
aerodactyl
trapinch
seadra
staryu
heracross
gligar
togepi

also how do I evolve trade only pokemon?

Will the league cap the 100 lvls, if not, any hard post game?

Last edited:

Florio

Years
Hey. I will start a second run but after what gym are these pokemon available?

Aron
Tynamo
Timburr
Machop
Gengar
scyther
litwick
aerodactyl
trapinch
seadra
staryu
heracross
gligar
togepi

also how do I evolve trade only pokemon?

Will the league cap the 100 lvls, if not, any hard post game?

Machop - Route 7
Gengar - Obtain Gastly/Haunter from Lost Woods and evolve at Evolution Guru
Trapinch - Route 8/15/16 + Sandy Cavern
Heracross - Route 5
Gligar - Route 15/16
Togepi - Receive Egg from Poke Fan Club Owner in GrandRich City.
The rest you listed are unobtainable as of now, but will be in final release.

To evolve trade Pokemon, bring them to the Evolution Guru in GrandRich City.

Not sure if the League will cap the 100 lvls or if there will be any hard post game, but I'm sure I will add something good.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2021
Great game. Are hidden abilities available? Can you have a ev/iv checker screen as well? One qualm that I have is that grinding is necessary since I am falling behind in levels after the first fight with darren.

Back