• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Poke's Bizzare Adventure (Final release)

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
POKE'S BIZZARE ADVENTURE

TITLE.png

Like any great story, it starts with a fever dream. A voice...
it's saying something... get a Pikachu.
But not any Pikachu.
The best Pikachu around.

Thankfully, it just so happens, that a trainer called Leaf, just beat the Pokemon League recently, with a Pikachu. If you can get to her, you could be able to take the Pikachu she has.
So you go get your very first Pokemon, and the quest to get the Pikachu begins!

But looks like some people are after your Pokemon. They can be up to no good...​

Features:

The hack is not meant to be taken as a basic Pokemon game. The hack is more like a mini challenge run. A black out means a game over, and Pokemon Centers and Boxes cannot be used but the game will be relatively short, so it isn't too punishing.

The hack is not too punishing with PP. It can be beaten by barely using any elixirs or ethers or none at all, depending on how many trainers you battled.

It is not recommended to battle every trainer you come across, but you should still battle some, for the Exp. and the money.

There is also the Dragon Tamer Trainer class in the game. These trainers are meant to be stronger than other trainers, but they give out more money than the usual trainer. It is recommended to train up a bit, before battling them.

Spoiler:

Also a little hint: Buy Soda pops. A lot of em.

More compact list of features:

- An overworld Pikachu sprite. How Gnarly Tubular Rad!
- Only one starter: A Furret,
- Two possible endings, depending on your actions in the game,
- No gym battles (well, maybe some, but they are not your main focus),
- Start at Celadon City and venture through slightly modified Kanto,
- No Pokemon catching,
- No Pokemon Centers / Healing at mom's house or anywhere really (Spend money carefully for Potions and TMs and conserve PP),
- Revives are more expensive, making fainting much more punishable
- Black out means a game over (but the game will be relatively short),
- Some wild Pokemon can rarely hold pretty good items, which can be stolen with Thief or Covet,
- Only a select few Pokemon are avaliable, as gifted Pokemon.

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Tools used:

Spoiler:

Bugs/ errors:

If you find any major / softlocking / game breaking bugs, please report them.
Also report, if you find a way to find any Pokeballs or Escape ropes, as they are not inteded to be avaliable (Escape rope can bug out a certain area of the game)

-Berry icon graphics can be messed up
-When near a wall in S.S. Anne, an arrow can be pointing downwards, to indicate there is an entrance, even though there is none.
-Some text is unedited and makes no sense in the context of the hack (some text, when you get a game over, in battle text of some trainers, one ending has some unedited text)

Special thanks:

-Me,
-DiegoisAwesome, for helping with some bug fix,
-Me
-Me
-DrFuji, for helping with credits sprite editing,
-Me,
-My dog,
-Me

Download: (BETA)

Just gonna leave the download link here in case anybody cares about it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t2ak16e8e0jhjk3/Poke%27s_Bizzare_Adventure.ips

Download: (FINAL)

Fixed stuff:
Just some minor bug fixes. No actual gameplay changes
- Losing a battle at any point should now put you at the game over screen.
- Fixed some unedited text and some minor colission issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6jia6p4vb38xjvb/Poke%27s+Bizzare+Adventure+1.1.ips

Last edited:

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
UPDATE

Added a new trainer class: A poacher. These guys are after your Furret, as its fur can be sold for quite a high price. They do play quite a big part in the story.

Spoiler:

Also a new team member can be found in Lavender town, that can be quite useful, as it learns many support moves to help on this tough hack.

Creative player name strikes again.

Spoiler:

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
UPDATE

Added yet another trainer class (well at least one, that wasn't in the original game)

Spoiler:

Yep. This is a Dragon Tamer. Might make a male counterpart and maybe edit the overworld sprite, but don't take my word for it.

They can be encountered pretty early in the game and are optional to battle. They have quite a higher level than other trainers in the same route, and focus on mainly dragon types. And let me tell you. Early game dragon rage is the most evil thing ever. One Dragon Tamer can easily kill a run of the game, if fought too early, but you get a good amount of cash if you win. And since cash is quite scarce in this game, you bet it can come in handy.

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
Quite the original story you´re building here man,You get me excited for it!
It is the first time I´ve seen Furret as a starter on a pokefangame,THe major of times guys prefer overpowered ones(Larvitar,dratini...)but I prefer your idea by far even if you put a senret as starter it would be cool too.

Of Course I encourage you to continue and you can count with my constant support :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Online now
If anyone is looking for beta testers to test out this game, I would love to test it on my GBA. Let me know if that's possible I can do that and I'll be happy to test it out and give positive feedback.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
If anyone is looking for beta testers to test out this game, I would love to test it on my GBA. Let me know if that's possible I can do that and I'll be happy to test it out and give positive feedback.

The hack is progressing kinda slowly for now.
Well, I may release a playable version in some time, but the game will be extremely short and the beta may be even shorter, so don't expect a beta, until the game is almost completely finished. Also, I need to spend some time on balancing, since grinding is really not an option in the hack.
I will release a beta version in an undefined amount of time, so I can hear some complaints about difficulty or bug reports.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
UPDATE

What's up pimps and players. Back at it again with another update.

This update is really small. Just here to say that the whole map of the game has been made. In theory, all that needs to be changed is text and trainers, but probably more things that don't come to my mind at the moment.

Well, might as well give you something to look at. The spoiler shows you the Game Over screen, and the map of the game. You can also view the new gimmick of the game.

Game over screen:
Spoiler:

Game map (the in game map will still be unchanged, but maybe there won't even be a way to view it):
Spoiler:

A new gimmick, if you care about it:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
UPDATE

Well, I finally made the title screen.

TITLE.png

The Poke kid's official name is gonna be "Poke". Not as unoriginal as "A", but it's something. It's mostly so the name can fit in the title screen. he he xd

I am also making some changes to the sprites in the end credits, but I'd rather not show it. You'll see it for yourself, when you beat the game.

There is also something that you might don't wanna get yourself spoiled, if you really care, but since you haven't played the hack yet, you probably don't, but whatever:
Spoiler:

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
UPDATE

This time, I can reveal you the intro to the game. Let's just say... It's unique... I guess...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Online now
UPDATE

This time, I can reveal you the intro to the game. Let's just say... It's unique... I guess...

Spoiler:

Looks like a pretty cool and unique intro. Are you planning to release it sometime this week?

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Looks like a pretty cool and unique intro. Are you planning to release it sometime this week?

It may be possible, that a beta will come out quite soon. I just don't wanna make promises, since I'm afraid that I won't keep them. I could "potentially" finish the game tomorrow, but I would probably forget to include many things in it.

Of course, I also have to do some test runs and balance some things.

I would assume, that the beta will come out in less than 2 weeks, but don't get anxiety if it doesn't.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Beta version is released, which is basically the complete version, but might contain some bugs that I couldn't find by myself.

Also the first post has been edited to be more detailed.

Last edited:

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Just a heads up to everyone who is playing this hack.

Turns out, that if you black out any time after defeating a gym leader, you will appear in the Leader's city Pokemon Center. Exiting that Pokemon Center could cause some glitchy behaviour, usually resulting in the player getting stuck in a wall (which is good, since the player should not be able to progress further, after losing a battle), but I won't bother testing all the Pokemon Centers, since this is obviously not intended, so I'll just fix all of em'.

So far, it doesn't seem to be game breaking.

When the hack update rolls around, I'll make sure that this either doesn't happen, or I'll make some workarounds so exiting the Pokemon Centers just leads you to the Game Over room.

Thank you for your atenttion, and for playing he he xd

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
UPDATE

The final release is out. Just some bug fixes, no changes to levels or difficulty.

All the fixes can be found at the download link for the final version.

Some things are still not fixed (some minor text, berry graphics and S.S. Anne entrance arrows), but they are extremely minor and don't really matter that much.

The main thing for the patch is really the Game Over fix, so it feels more polished.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I had a lot of fun with this, thanks for making it! The nuzlocke design was cool, and not as frustrating as it could have been with emulators and quicksaves so I could go back if a member got crit. I still played really cautiously, as is my nature to do so, and ended up re-teaching the department store TMs to restore PP. Togetic really carried the team here.

I was a bit surprised that the game ended at the Trapper building, and the 6 months later bit felt sudden. I think it could do better with a more fleshed out ending/epilogue scene rather than just appearing on an island, and was more like the second ending.

Otherwise, I thought you were really clever with the game design. After you trade your furret, the only path is to the pokemon league because only your furret could learn cut. If you trade your furret, you can also surf around the barrier to fight Erika so you can get the badge and level your whiscash high enough to take on the pokemon league, who won't listen to you otherwise. There's a moonstone hidden in a building right about where you need a power boost for your team (which I didn't end up using that much in favor of Togetic, but it was well placed).

My team ending up being Togetic, Furret, and Delcatty. Never found the mega stone and kind cheated my way through so :P

I also was able to get an ultra ball from the trapper building, I think it was a floor item.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Are there any Pokemon that can be gotten in the game aside from Furret, Skitty, and Togetic? And the Whiscash you trade for.

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Are there any Pokemon that can be gotten in the game aside from Furret, Skitty, and Togetic? And the Whiscash you trade for.

There is a level 31 Foretress, that you can buy on the other side of Mt. Moon for 500 bucks (only accesibble if you have Whiscash), you can evolve Skitty with a Moon Stone, that can be found in the "Rocket Hideout" and you can also "Mega evolve" Delcatty (it's actually just regular evolution), if you find an item in the Power Plant (also only available with Whiscash), with which it becomes a special attacking Normal/Psychic type.

People are still playing this hack? That's kinda awkward, I try to forget this one exists, due to how buggy and poorly balanced the entire hack is... If you go the Whiscash route, then you HAVE to explore the previous areas to get the "hidden" Pokemon, or you get to the point of no return and get your ass kicked (good game design, I know). If you don't go the Whiscash route, I hope you powergrinded Furret, because it's the only useful Pokemon from then on and even then, the final boss relies on getting lucky with your OP move (mid level 30s vs a level 50 Pokemon). If you are playing this, I don't blame you on using save scumming.
There were some neat ideas in this hack, but they definitely weren't executed well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
There is a level 31 Foretress, that you can buy on the other side of Mt. Moon for 500 bucks (only accesibble if you have Whiscash), you can evolve Skitty with a Moon Stone, that can be found in the "Rocket Hideout" and you can also "Mega evolve" Delcatty (it's actually just regular evolution), if you find an item in the Power Plant (also only available with Whiscash), with which it becomes a special attacking Normal/Psychic type.

People are still playing this hack? That's kinda awkward, I try to forget this one exists, due to how buggy and poorly balanced the entire hack is... If you go the Whiscash route, then you HAVE to explore the previous areas to get the "hidden" Pokemon, or you get to the point of no return and get your ass kicked (good game design, I know). If you don't go the Whiscash route, I hope you powergrinded Furret, because it's the only useful Pokemon from then on and even then, the final boss relies on getting lucky with your OP move (mid level 30s vs a level 50 Pokemon). If you are playing this, I don't blame you on using save scumming.
There were some neat ideas in this hack, but they definitely weren't executed well.

Found the Foretress. Pin Missile is nice on him! I already knew about the Moon Stone. I just figured it wasn't worth mentioning since it's not hidden away.

The final boss in the Furret route wasn't so hard. I cleaned his clock just using Brick Break with my level 38 Furret. A gun-toting Furret did not appeal to me.

I know this isn't a newer game, but I didn't realize the last post was more than a year ago. Oh well. Let me say, this was a fun game. I... wouldn't really call it good, but it was... something. Something fun.

Last edited:
Back