• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3 - Fang Yumigami - Vampire District

Impressions of Kerin... A cool guy to hang out with, yet very overprotective of Marisa. Much too protective. Insanely protective. The dictionary needs a new word. Basically, god forbid you even scratch her accidently, or a rabid Kerin will claw your eyes out. Yikes. He had this attachment with Marisa like they had known eachother for years. A brother-sister relationship. It was actually rather creepy, yet really sweet. Was that possible? It was in my mind. Impressions of Marisa? This very, very pre-mature teenager with an obsession for talking like an eight year old. Well, it was cute if you got over the fact she was old enough to attend high school.

Don't get me wrong. They're cool friends. Just a tad unique for me. Although, I shouldn't be one to talk. Technecially, everyone was unique in their own way. It would be pretty difficult to find two people who are exactly alike in this corrupt world.

"Yay~!" Marisa cried out, beaming happily. Her smile was so intensely blinding. She could be happy in any situation, couldn't she? I hoped she gave Ryuu Hell with this. That guy was completely bloodthirsty. He would make the perfect stereotypical vampire....

From the angel district.... Amelia, the pampered leader's daughter. Shizuka, the strong-silent type. Pewita, the grudge-holder. Kaito, the normal one.

Demon district, we had Bernkastel. The 'witch' who won two games, excels in alchemy, and can summon creatures from the Underworld. Xavier, the semi-masochist who hates talking. Paris, the famous model celebrity, and finally Ryuu, the rhyno.

Human district.... Fausto, the bitter-sweet gentleman who was scheduled to die tonight. Nokoto, the naive, dancing girl. Raike, the boy who could hold his own in a word-fight against Ryuu. And the first crazy; Jin.

Then, there was the vampire district.... Kerin, the guard dog. Marisa, the fortune-teller. Shiro, the morphine-crazed, and then.... Me? What would my title be? Surely nobody found me to be gothic, right? Hm... If not gothic, then what?

I look over my choice in clothing. Skinny jeans... A black tie-dye shirt which was much too big for me... My hand trailed to my left ear, where a small ring was embedded into the piercing. I had rebelled ever since I stepped foot in the vampire district. Grew my hair out, hung out with the bad group in school.... I nearly flunked ever class I had ever attended, just for fun. So, was I 'Fang the rebellious vampire?' or 'Fang, the gothic sadist'? Neither. I was just simply... 'Fang Yumigami'.

I looked over as Kerin asked me if I would be taking Shiro and the cat down back into the building. He then turned to Marisa and asked if the cat should stay. He never asked Shiro on her opinion, even though that demon gave the cat to her. I was just about ready to put out a witty joke about making soup, when Shiro mumbled out something. I turned to her. She had been silent throughout the entire 'party' and Bernkastel hadn't paid her any notice, either. She held the cat closer to her chest, and mumbled out again. This time, loud enough so we could hear her.

"Please let me keep the cat..."

Chapter 3 - Natruo The Game Designer - God District

Calmly, I stood myself up as the younger boy approached me. When he first began to move, I thought maybe he was actually going to charge me like a rhyno. However, he somehow managed a fast-paced motion of coming over to me. He was high. Not off of alchohol. Not off drugs. (Hopefully). He was high off the bloodlust to fight. To fight me, a God and the game designer of these wicked Population Games. However, was he expecting me to be taken down with just fists? That sure seemed like it, because this boy didn't seem to have it in for magic. Most demons didn't, anyhow. A spell or two, but nothing major like Bernkastel's case. He excelled at physical combat, and he made that rather obvious.

"Ha... Like I'd need to train to beat the crap outta you.... Silly... You're so obvious. I knew you wouldn't be able to wait if I set a certain time... Now then. Show me what you got, kid. I think this old man can take you." I stance myself; my legs spread in a triangle for balance, and my fists ready to block what I'm sure to be a frontal, no surprise attack. It would take a lot to put me off guard, and this kid was no exception. I knew better than to have my wings open for flight. The stupid rhyno would probably grab those if he had the chance. Instead, I kept them fastened against my tense back.

"Don't go easy, sweetheart."

Chapter 3 - Mammon - Underworld

"Corpse Collector, huh? I find that much more befitting than other titles I've heard..." I stretch myself out across the bed; in no real hurry to get to Fausto's room. Then again, there wasn't much point teaching him anymore if he was going to have a contract with me. I am just about ready to ask how he'll kill Fausto, when the room vibrates so fiercely, I am off the bed and floating for a few seconds, before falling back onto the cushions.

"FACK." I scream out. I am screaming, because I can't hear anything aside from the blaring music coming from underneath my room. It's some sort of metal rock crap. The sound vibrates some of my weapons off the walls, and their clattering just adds to the noise. Enraged, I pull myself to my feet, and begin stomping my right foot against the floor while covering my ears. "Shut that crap off, ZANE!" I scream. Throught the music, I hear a maniac laughter. Good Lord.... The music is turned down conciderably, until it's only a small hum. My door blasts open, and I am now glaring at the culprit of my bleeding and quite deaf ears. When they heal automatically, I'm screaming profanity at him and he only laughs.

His black hair is messy like a dogs. Somewhat long, but not past his shoulders. A pair of crimson eyes stare at me mockingly; obviously not threatened by my swearing. He is wearing these baggy black cargo pants, along with this insanely long, grey shirt. The sleeves are just fine. The rest, not so much. It's practically at his knees! He sticks out his tongue, which has been pierced with a little silver ball. Ew. The main features, are what are on his wrists and ankles. Cuffs of sorts. However, changed to each one, are these chains, which come down to the floor. On the ends, are weights that I KNOW, weigh about fifty pounds each. Damn show-off...

I growl at him lowly, and he only growls back playfully. A black tail is swishing around behind him like a broom. Wings of leather hug his shoulderblades, and he leans on the balls of his feet. "Since when did you replace Luci-chan for a human boyfriend, Ma'am~?" He grins at Raike and me, and I narrow my eyes. Damn it.

"He's not my boyfriend. He's gonna be my contractee." I say defensively. "And stop calling me 'ma'am'! My name is Mammon, you douche!"

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"Corpse Collector huh? I find that much more befitting than the other titles I've heard." She says as she stretches her body, almost like a cat across her bed, and seemed like she was about to ask me a question when the room began to vibrate violently as if someone had picked up this room, and started shaking it around thinking there was loose change in it. I fell on my arse, leaning on my two arms while she simply hovered in the air for a few seconds, before dropping back onto her bed. The earthquake-like vibrations seemed to be coming from the room below, from which music sounding like heavy metal was blaring like there was no tomorrow. As I looked back at her I saw her mouth shapes as if she was yelling and she stamped the floor with her foot, of course I couldn't hear because my own ears were bleeding.

When she was done saying whatever she had been, the music lowered considerably until it sounded nothing more like some huge party happening in the next district. Just as my ears began to heal and I thought the Ruckus was over, the door slams wide open to reveal some dog haired, leathery winged, cocky overly self confident crackhead. This was the kind of guy that really pissed me off, just like Ryuu and that other joke of a gamemaker Natruo. "Since when did you replace Luci-chan for a human boyfriend Ma'am?" said Zane, grinning mockingly at me and leaning back slightly. Mammon growled aggressively at him, speaking in a defencive tone."He's not my boyfriend! He's going to be my contractee! And quit calling my Ma'am! My name's Mammon you Douche!"

I myself turned to the weapon wall behind me, inspecting it for a few seconds before selecting a hand-and-a-half sword from the rack and plucking it off. Swinging it once with ease, I turned to Zane, a deadly calm look in my eyes saying, "I know you said I have to sacrifice a person Mammon, but wouldn't sacrificing him be acceptible as well?" I was really itching to steal this guy, right in his jaw, but common sense told me not to. This didn't stop me from talkin trash though.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"I know you said I have to sacrifice a person Mammon, but wouldn't sacrificing him be acceptible as well?" He swings one of my lethal-looking swords a bit, and looks at Zane. I snort, waving off Raike's new option quite quickly.

"I think it'll be quite hard to sacrifice somebody who is immortal, Raike~" I snicker, calming myself down and moving myself over to Zane. Before he can run, I sling an arm over his shoulder and lean on him harshly, yet playfully. "Besides~ I think Zane might haunt your nightmares~!" I giggle, and Zane gives me a displeased look. Zane was totally fine. I didn't hate him. He was just real annoying.... Just like a brother.

Zane grins and leans back onto me. "Says greedy Mammon! I'm surprised you're not chomping on a cake right now~ Fat thighs." He snorts. I gape at him and push him away; snapping my fingers. Then, the coolest thing happens; a four by four vanilla cake appears above his head, and directly plops onto him. Among the icing and cake bits, I can see the blankness on his face. Suddenly, he's grinning and licking whatever has fallen onto his face. "Delicious. I've come to show you the fear of caaaakkkkeeee~" He hangs his arms out limpy as if he's a zombie, and he begins wobbling over to me. I cry out, a huge smile on my face, and I hide behind Raike. Zane stops and wipes off his eyelids. "Hurts my feelings that you wanna stab me. Ouch." He pokes Raike's nose, and leaves a bit of icing on the tip. I laugh at Raike's expression.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Please let me keep the cat..." Kerin looked back over at Shiro. What was up with that girl? Maybe... maybe she wasn't actually always psychopathic. Maybe that one outbreak she had was just some kind of mental disorder or she had schitzophrenia and the screaming one was the other her. Or maybe she was just so drugged up, she didn't know who she was anymore. Kerin shrugged at her and shifted Marisa over so he could stand up and stretch his arms out. He was getting tired. And thirsty. But mainly tired. They had a big day tomorrow, so he had been told.

"Well, come on, go get ready for bed then," Kerin waved his hands at Marisa. He felt his should crack then relaxed. Better. He looked over at Shiro and blinked at her. "Did you have anything to eat? There's still stuff here." She hadn't eaten anything at all, had she? When Kerin and Marisa had walked in on them fighting, she was yelling something or other. "I'll have to find something to sleep in too I guess."

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3 - Fang Yumigami - Vampire District

I watched as the small girl hopped off of Kerin's lap, and stretched herself out. The way she yawned was simply adorable! She pulled the boy's parka closer as the chilly night air was made known by a small gust of wind.

"Uuu. Kerin is sleeping on the bed! With me!" She gave a tired smile, and stumbled a bit. I held her lightly so she wouldn't trip. Well, at least her room was just underneath us... I lightly pressed Marisa ttowards the stairs, and she slowly stumbled over to get ready for bed. Now I had to deal with Shiro and her new cat... The kitchen better have something for the animal to eat... Because Shiro didn't look like she would be letting it go anytime soon. I felt sorry for the cat.

The girl squished against the greenhouse, shook her head at Kerin's question. Like heck she ate anything! She didn't eat supper... She didn't eat on the helicopter, or even in the government building. She hadn't even had a blood tablet. Even if she did have a breakfast, I would be starving by this point if I was her. "No, thank you..." She declined politely, getting to her feet while still craddling the cat in her arms. Since when did she have manners? Oh, whatever.

Sighing, I took her wrist when she walked over. Her bones were so damn prominent... Unconciously, I felt my hand at her ribcage. I narrowed my eyes. "Are you trying to starve yourself? Anorexia?"

She shook her head quickly, but didn't say anything else. Ugh... Whatever. "Alright, fine..." I turn back to Kerin. "I'm taking her down. See you at breakfast, Kerin." I nodded at him, and dragged Shiro along down the stairs. Just before we escaped his view, it caught my attention, that Shiro turned back and waved slightly at him. Great. Lovely. When she wasn't psychotic, she was tugging at our heart strings. She wasn't that bad if she had her morphine... Which was very threatening.

Because, a naive and drugged Shiro was more dangerous than a psychotic Shiro. Would I be able to kill her if she was like this? To protect Marisa or Kerin, maybe... But even then...

Quietly, I slip ourselves into Marisa's room. Shiro recongnizes the place, but doesn't attempt to stop me from leading her out, and into the elevator. What really frightens me, is that I won't be able to kill Shiro unless she was psychotic and attacking one of my friends. So, what did that make her?

Was she a friend, or an enemy?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"See you later, then," Kerin stifled a yawn and turned off the lights adorning the outside area. He turned his head as Fang led Shiro down the stairs, just catching her wave as the two disappeared behind the wall. ... Okay. He grabbed the lights and the two, half-filled bowls from the table and followed everyone down the stairs back into Marisa's room. The music was still blaring, so he turned that off too and pulled his phone from the dock. He left the two bowls on the coffee table and wandered over to the bathroom. Marisa had probably gone to her bedroom or something to get changed.

He yawned again and felt the air pinch his throat uncomfortably. Great. Though, it wasn't that bad. Kerin had been for a week without blood before, though that was definitely an uncomfortable experience. Though, now, if Kerin got a whiff of blood, he'd probably go insane. There wouldn't be any blood until tomorrow though, probably. He drained three cups of water, hoping to dull his thirst (which it didn't) and wandered over to Marisa's bedroom door. Him getting thirsty like this, this quickly, it wasn't what usually happened. Maybe because all the talking he had been doing, all the yelling, all the confrontations. At home, he'd just sit and play his bass for hours on end. Which hardly worked up a thirst.

"Marisa," he knocked on the door frame. "Are you dressed? Can I come in?"

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"And now you just made me want to do it even more, Zane." I said as I wiped the icing off my nose while glaring at him. Turning around, I decided to give Mammon a little reminder about the deal they had just made. I still harbored a little curiosity about the techniques that Mammon said would take years to master. "Concentrate" I mumbled, relaxing my shoulders and allowing my body to go limp, save for my legs. In my mind, I imagined four curved lines spreading out from one side of one side of my back, and four others parallel to the first set.

I began to notice a slight strain somewhere in my mind, but I ignored it, pushing it to the back of my mind, and beginning to focus on filling the wings with my own red flames. Again, the strain on my mind returned, this time much stronger, but I had already completed the wing set. About five seconds later, my knees buckled and I fell forward, my wings disappearing as I fell. On my face I wore a expression of shock, as I felt myself descending into unconsciousness. Whilst I was still vaguely, I tried to analyze what had just happened to me.

Before I collapsed I had felt a strain on my mind... that must have been from trying to maintain the shape, as well as the amount of flames I was filling the wings with. I had been impatient, overlooking the number of things that had to be properly set in order to sustain the wings. I understood it a bit better now; the size of the wings depends on your own mental state, and I must've pushed it just a bit outside of my own mental capabilities...pity.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
Once on the elevator Amelia had immediately slammed her finger onto two buttons, she was obviously familiar with everything going on here because of her mothers connections to the Gods. She had hit two buttons, one floor directly above the other, and a few moments later the elevator dinged and the doors opened - that was when Amelia nudged Shizu out of the elevator. He turned and looked her directly in the eyes and wondered what exactly was going on inside of that girls head, the elevator doors closing and bring her to her own room. Shizuka returned his focus to himself as he was still pretty soaked, not that it bothered him, and he wanted to change and get ready for whatever was going to happen next. He walked forward and opened the door to his room and saw quite a site that he didn't expect, his room was merely a small room with a bed and enough space to allow someone to comfortable sit without feeling enclosed.

"Oh great. Looks like a college dorm room," said Shizuka out loud to himself. He glanced around the room to take in every detail of it, to his surprise although there wasn't much they had definitely done their research and had found all the essentials Shizu would need to prepare himself for training as well as a well designed room suited to his own interests. There was a small desk off to the left, a giant window outlooking the down pour sat above it, covered in puzzle books and blank paper - a cup filled with sharpened pencils to use with them. A queen sized bed with black, gray and blue linens sat against the wall to the right with a small table next to it, a metal lamp sat upon it. A book case lined the far wall and was filled with books with various titles that Shizuka knew and had already read in the past, but he still appreciated that had given him as much as they had.

"Not bad, but it is expected in my opinion. They are trying to watch me possibly die, so at least they could do was keep me happy the few days I get to relax." Shizuka walked over to the last important piece of the room, his giant walk in closet and opened the doors - it was completely filled with various outfits ranging from formal to informal, as well as training outfits, that fit his taste in clothing. Shizuka began stripping his soaked clothing off one layer at a time and dropped them into a hamper to be taken care of. Shirt, shoes, pants, socks and even his underwear had acted like sponges to the water and absorbed quite a lot - didn't stop the water from dripping from his hair. He quickly grabbed a towel off a shelf and began to dry himself off from top to bottom, once finished he wrapped the towel around his waist and went and sat at his desk. He picked up a pencil and one of the puzzle books that said Sudoko across the top, he skimmed past the ones he deemed easy and found a challenging one and began filling in numbers.

So much I didn't know. So much I should have known, Shizu began thinking to himself as he tried to solve his puzzle. The four worlds mean absolutely nothing anymore, why should they? All they are for is to breed new competitors for the immortal gods to endlessly kill for sheer pleasure. And I came into this competition thinking I had something to aim for to have it ripped out from under my almost instantly? Bernkastel and Amelia. Those two are quite the interesting pair of characters, especially Bern. There's more to her than meets the eye. Amelia on the other hand is pretty easy to read, like any one of the books these gods gave to me. The only thing I can't figure out to myself is why I have such a strong urgency to protect her. And she kissed me! Why the hell did she do that? Either way its time to figure everything out.

Almost as if on command his stomach began to growl at him, he placed a hand on his stomach to help cease the rumbling. Shizuka placed the pencil in the puzzle book on the page he was working on and closed it, standing quickly and returning to the opened closet. He selected an outfit that he deemed would be appropriate for a day of relaxing. He first slid into one of his signature tanks, it was black in color, and then slid on a black button down and buttoned it half way but not tucking it into his pants. His pants were medium faded jeans and they were paired with some light colored boots, he felt completely comfortable but didn't think he was too casual.

"At least these guys got my style choice right."

Enough time had been wasted though and he quickly packed himself a back pack to bring with him just in case he didn't make it back here the way he'd like to. He threw in his puzzle book, a pair of sweat pants, a flashlight, two bottles of water, some extra tank tops and a small umbrella. Then he walked over to the small training chest that had a small note attached that read "as per request." Shizu opened it and found all of his tinkered weapons from over the years, things he'd made over time or thrown together in the heat of a moment, and quickly searched through it. Finding the three items he needed, Shizuka pulled them out: An 8-inched dagger with an engraving on it, a belt filled with throwing knives and a pair of gray night sticks. He slide the dagger into his right boot, the night sticks into his bag and the belt of throwing knives around his waist. His stomach began rumbling again.

"Alright, alright I heard you the first time." Shizuka headed out of the room and closed the door behind him, he reached the elevator and hit the down button. Quickly it arrived and he rode it to his destination, the dining room. A large and beautiful room with quite a large table was before him, he walked around slightly in awe but quickly found a place for his backpack - just as someone walked into the room, a waiter possibly.

"Hello Sir, what can we grab for you from the kitchen."

"Good question, maybe you should ask him" Shizuka laughed as his stomach began growling. The waiter laughed along with him. "I'll just have some fruit to munch on for now until I decide. Some strawberries, grapes and a green apple will be fine." The waiter smiled and nodded and vanished out the door he came.

"H-hello," came a squeak from behind Shizuka. Turning he saw Amelia and he looked her up and down, his first reaction was noticing she had changed IMMENSELY. Wash out jeans and a purple turtleneck was what she had selected, clearly her former appearance prior was not something she herself liked and was forced to do all the time. His thoughts were interrupted by Amelia speaking again and the waiter returning with his cart of fruit.

"I-i'm nervous because I think I made you mad!"

What a silly girl. Shizuka ignored her statement briefly to motion the waiter where to set his food, then returned his attention to Amelia.

"I'm not mad. Yet. I still want that information we discussed earlier and I want to know everything you know about Bernkastel. As I said earlier, it would be pointless to lie seeing as who your mother is you definitely know everything you need to about her. That and the fact I've noticed how friendly the both of you are with each other at certain times." Shizuka paused for a moment to let everything he had said to sink in.

"That however can all still wait, we are allies and I don't make promises I don't intend to keep. I will now be fighting every moment from now until the end of the games to keep you and myself alive, should we be the last to survive we will cross that bridge. Let sit, eat and get to know each other and actually have a conversation - something you should appreciate since I don't have them often. He walked over to where he food waited and began chow down on his fresh strawberries.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"........"

Painfully, I push against my left shoulder, which, may I add, is supposed to be connected to me. Damn. I was not expecting him to hit my shoulder like that. With a wince, I push until I hear my bones click back into place. Ow. The fight only lasted around five minutes, anyways. I pull out a handkerchief, and dab at my nosebleed. He broke my nose. Crumpled it, really. Every time I touch it, a new wave of pain shoots through. However, I must keep it in place so it heals properly. I raise my foot onto an object in front, and wait for my nose to heal.

"I underestimated you. I was expecting recklessness. Not actual planned moves. This could have gone a lot smoother had I known you actually had a brain." Only when my nose and shoulder have healed, do I look down upon the object I have my foot on. Ryuu. It's a miracle he hadn't blacked out. Blood seeps from the cuts to his face. His broken hand resting against his chest. The first thing I did when I realized he was strategic, was break it. His right fist. Of course, I left the other one alone. I didn't need his boot prints all over me. Cleaning up the blood on my face, I remove my own boot from his stomach. I had the urge to just smush him. Like a bug. That's what all these pathetic demons, angels, vampires, and humans were. Bugs. Pesky bugs that were annoying as Hell.

"However, you overestimated yourself. A demon like you can't beat a God like me. I could kill you instantly if I was permitted to. Although, I'm not, so you get to live. Lucky you." I smirk, and kneel down beside him. His eyes may be closed, but I know he can hear me. I know he's conscious. I take in a long sniff of the scent that covers him. Sweat. Blood. I turn to the bone sticking out slightly from his rib cage. Ew. Silently, I rest my hand a few inches away, and begin to heal the more serious things I did to him. Believe me, I don't care for this guy's wellbeing. I'm doing it, because I have to. Because, I still had a use for Ryuu besides using him as a punching bag. As his bone goes back into place, I talk to him.

"Listen up, Ryuu. I don't give a damn if you think you're the strongest of your district. Because, you're not. And if you really think you can kill Bern with a few punches and kicks, you're damn wrong there as well. I also know for a fact, that you don't have a single alliance. How stupid can you be?" I leave the bruises and smaller cuts on him alone, and tend to his broken hand. "I don't care if you don't want me to, but I'm gonna give you some advice. Train in magic or some sort of long-range weapon. Otherwise, you'll have your butt handed to you on a silver platter. Make alliances with the stronger competitors. Kill off the weak, so that you have the strongest all to yourself for the big fights. So, suggestion, alliances with Bern, Mari, Shizu, and maybe that Raike kid... Feel free to disagree. I'm not making you. However, may I remind you, that you're like a corpse at the moment." I snort, amused.

Chapter 3 - Marisa Ryunatta - Vampire District

As I hopped back into my room, I did something I didn't normally do. I shut my bedroom door. This wouldn't seem like a big deal to others, but... I needed my privacy. I quickly took off Kerin's warm parka, and set it off on the back of a wooden chair. I surveyed my room. "I hate being short," I whispered, walking over moving over to the walk-in closet. As expected, I wouldn't be able to reach the higher shelves without help. Or at the very least, a stool. There were perks to being trapped in a child's body. This was not one of those perks.

Ignoring the higher shelves, I found some fuzzy pink-kitty pajamas in one of the stalls, and began stripping off my summer dress. I threw it whereever, and immediately looked down at my chest. "......." Another bad part of being a child. No breasts. Unconsciously, I felt my body; becoming very jealous of the other girls quite quickly. If I ever made it out of these games alive, I wouldn't be an object of love. I would be an adorable child. I'd never be sexy or beautiful or pretty. I'd always be cute, adorable, and small. I looked weird when I put makeup on, so.... I just lived with the fact I was a child. No earrings. No lipstick. It all looked too weird on me; A girl who appeared to be eight. Shedding off my underwear, I slid on my bottoms first, and then the top. I winced almost immediately. The clothing felt soft and all, but it was a little big on me. Oh well. I'd survive with big jamies. Hearing Kerin knock and call for entry, I quickly gathered my dirty clothing and hid them away.

"Yup! I'm dressed, Kerin-sama!" I ran over to the door, and pulled it open for him. The first thing I did when I saw him, was smile and hold out my arms. "Pajamas!"

"Lovely," Zane snorted, backing off. Well, at least he knew when to stop harrassing... That damn dog! He had horrible timing to be doing this. He always did! Somebody needed to get a leash on him... Maybe Luc-- No wait, he's still in the Human Realm.... Damn. Sniffing, I glared at him. He glared back teasingly. "What~? Don't tell me you're sick of cake, greedy Mammon!" Okay, that's it! I take a step from behind Raike, and grab him by the collar of his shirt. "What was that?!" I raise my fist menacingly. Zane only responds by sticking out his tongue. "Why you--- I am NOT greedy!" I am swinging my fist forward to hit him, when I see.... Flickering? Like that of fire... Great, now what is Raike doing?

I look back, and quickly release Zane. "What're you---?!" Is he an idiot or something? I thought I told him he wasn't ready! Damn human... Damn dog.... UGH. I watch, for the last few seconds, as the flames across his back lick away at the air. He was trying to get wings. Wings of flame. Yeah, like you're gonna get the product you want... Not without my powers, Raike. The power... To manipulate manifestation. The hardest thing I can manifest, is the copy of a human being. Wings would be no problem! But instead, you decide to be impatient and try it out yourself... Good Lord.....

I watch as the inevitable happens; he fails. He fails horribly. A few seconds, and those flickering, weak flames are gone. A few seconds, and he's collapsed on the ground. Zane raises his cake-filled eyebrows at the boy. "Is he an idiot? You two would be good together. A greedy, bloody smoke. And a pyromaniacal idiot... Go get married." I whip my head back at Zane. I've had enough of him. In one quick gesture, I flick him out of the room through the door. I lock them up immediately.

"I thought I told you it was useless. You can't make your 'flame wings'. You're too weak. Sure, you could get them to stay if you trained hard for a year, but do you think you'd be able to use them for flying? Jeez..." I kneel beside him, and gingerly touch his back. Yikes. It's not even warm from the flames... "Hey. Get up." I give him a light shake. "I know you're still conscious. Get up. You'll be fine in a few minutes." I know I'm speaking the truth, because I can already see that the room is bringing back his energy. Warmth is coming into his back.

"Oh, and no way am I marrying you."

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu Akuma was on the ground, below Natruo's massive boot, panting hard. The actual fight had lasted only a little over 5 minutes...at most. Then again, most of Ryuu's fights were quick and to the point, and tend to be over rather fast. This was a prime example. He, like most of his other fighters, believed that Ryuu was a charging maniac, a no-nonsense fighter who planned with his head instead of his mind. And although it was partially true, Ryuu had been in enough fights to know that the mind is a weapon on it's own, and using it isn't weakness, it's more strength.

Of course, it did help that Ryuu would always make it seem that he was nothing more than a stupid maniac, hence his performance against Bern in the train. It was his strategy, for lack of a better word. And although he gave it his all against Natruo, even here, strategy didn't completely help him, and he lost.

Still, it was probably one of the best fights in his life.

"I underestimated you. I was expecting recklessness. Not actual planned moves. This could have gone a lot smoother had I known you actually had a brain."

Ryuu smiled, but kept his mouth shut. Ryuu was smart. He did come from a noble family after all. He just never liked to show it. What good would it do? Ryuu felt his injuries across his body. His right arm was bad, broken. He had been using it the most. Suddenly, Natruo got his boot off of Ryuu's stomach, and continued speaking.

"However, you overestimated yourself. A demon like you can't beat a God like me. I could kill you instantly if I was permitted to. Although, I'm not, so you get to live. Lucky you."

Maybe we'll have another round later, and we'll see who wins, Ryuu thought, still keeping his eyes close. The God was tough, but Ryuu learns quickly, especially from short fights like this. He would have a new strategy to beat Natruo next time.

Ryuu hears as Natruo kneels down and begins healing him. Ryuu doesn't ask why, and quite frankly, doesn't care. It feels good, especially to get rid of some of the serious injuries nagging at him. He listens as Natruo continues to speak.

"Listen up, Ryuu. I don't give a damn if you think you're the strongest of your district. Because, you're not. And if you really think you can kill Bern with a few punches and kicks, you're damn wrong there as well. I also know for a fact, that you don't have a single alliance. How stupid can you be?"

Ryuu is silent as he listens to Natruo.

"I don't care if you don't want me to, but I'm gonna give you some advice. Train in magic or some sort of long-range weapon. Otherwise, you'll have your butt handed to you on a silver platter."

This was the first thing he said, and Ryuu, although he wouldn't admit it, had to agree. He knew he had to get some sort of long range weapon or magic, and he had just the thing in mind...

"Make alliances with the stronger competitors. Kill off the weak, so that you have the strongest all to yourself for the big fights. So, suggestion, alliances with Bern, Mari, Shizu, and maybe that Raike kid... Feel free to disagree. I'm not making you. However, may I remind you, that you're like a corpse at the moment."

Ryuu felt better as Natruo healed up his bigger wounds, leaving the smaller once on him. He preferred it that was as well. But this last bit bugged him, to an extreme. Ryuu was never one for alliances, in fact, he preferred going solo, and he intended to keep it like that. But if everyone was making some sort of alliance, perhaps, Ryuu thought, I should attempt a small ceasefire as well...

But there were two names there that were out of the question to make alliances with, and that was Shizu, who he believed was that angel, and Marisa, who was the Vampire. Ryuu would rather die than ally himself with an angel. He was disgusted by the mere thought. As for the Marisa girl, she was beyond annoying, and to Ryuu, the most worthless piece of crap out of all of the fighters. Even after all of this, Ryuu has trouble understanding why she is ranked as such a strong fighter. Ryuu could literally break her in half.

Ryuu had a similar thought about Raike too, as he did with all humans. But the human impressed him on the helicopter. If anything, he had balls.

As for Bern, although some slight amount of mutual respect has reached, Ryuu still feels unsure about entering an open alliance with her. Still, if it HAD to be anyone, it would be Bern or Raike. Anyone else was just out of the question.

Ryuu sat up, groaning a bit from the minor pain, but shaking it off quick enough.

"Ugh...I'll think about it." He said. He looked at Natruo. "Nice fight...you're alright." He said, as he began to get up. He had a lot to think about. But first...he was hungry. Not for blood...for damn food.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
"Oh and no way am I marrying you." Says Mammon, causing me to grin a bit, turning over to look at her with his eyelids lowered slightly as if he was sleepy. "Who would want to be married to you, Mammon?" Slowly, I could feel my own strength returning to my body, and I began to push myself up until I was leaning on my elbows, still looking kind of drowsy. The mental strain that had existed in my mind a few minutes ago had receded, leaving me with only a minor headache.

I was about to say something when my stomach growled, and I turned to her with a slightly annoyed expression. "Can we do this contract thing so we can go back? I missing dinner as we speak." I stood up, turning my neck side to side, until I heard a satisfying crack from each side. I felt a little colder, but I was warming gradually... so this was what if felt for non fire users... if was freezing! How could they bear it. Without another thought I held out my hand open, and repeated the process of making the whip, only skipping the last part and leaving it as a sword. Using my frustration as my strength, I brought down the sword with just enough force to pierce the barrier that encased the room, and break the tip through the floor, into the room below.

I left it there for a few seconds, hoping he was watching before I wrenched it out, and turned it into a whip, cracking it once, and then condensing it into a red ball of flame, which I hurled at the wall with enough speed to only slightly disturbed the barrier. When I was done, I rolled my shoulders and went to lean against the wall, letting my head hang. Stress relievers. They came in all different type of shapes and forms... this was mine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Looks like your ready for bed then," Kerin smiled back at her. Though something was up with her clothes. Sure they looked warm and cosy, but her pant bottoms dragged a little on the floor. Oh well. Pyjamas were much more comfortable when they were baggy anyways. Kerin let out a yawn and stretched his arms out, exhaling quickly as he felt the sharp air against his throat.

He quickly inspected Marisa's room. It was much like the rest of the floor; large and regal. The bed was enormous, it could probably fit four people in it, and the sheets and quilt lining it looked like it was made from the best of threads. It looked so comfortable, Kerin wondered what the mattress felt like. Probably the softest he had ever felt, though Kerin's experience with beds wasn't particularly long and colourful; a bed he had slept in for 15 years at the church and a dingy bed back in his crappy house. So by the looks of it, this was definitely the best.

"I think... Do you want to sleep now? Because I am beat," Kerin gave Marisa a lazy smile.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3 - Amelia Kunjui - Angel District

"I'm not mad. Yet. I still want that information we discussed earlier and I want to know everything you know about Bernkastel. As I said earlier, it would be pointless to lie seeing as who your mother is you definitely know everything you need to about her. That and the fact I've noticed how friendly the both of you are with each other at certain times."

Oh. Um.

"That however can all still wait, we are allies and I don't make promises I don't intend to keep. I will now be fighting every moment from now until the end of the games to keep you and myself alive, should we be the last to survive we will cross that bridge. Lets sit, eat and get to know each other and actually have a conversation - something you should appreciate since I don't have them often."

So... He wasn't mad at me? I exhale in relief, feeling my muscles lighten. I had no problem telling him what I knew, except... I may not know as much as he thinks I do. Wait. 'I will now be fighting every moment from now until the end of the games to keep you and myself alive, should we be the last to survive we will cross that bridge.' Bridge.... Bridge.... Meaning, we'd die together? Not allowing a winner for the games... My cheeks relate a warmth that comes straight from my heart. What did I do... To make him care that much about me? I was nothing special. He was the special one.

I opened my mouth to speak, but my words were not to Shizuka. They were directed to the servant who was calmly standing beside me. "A peanut butter sandwich, please. Oh, and fries." It seemed like a rather odd supper, but it was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Back at my home, things as trivial as sandwiches were non-existant. It was all the fancy foods. Crab... Chicken.... Roasted pig, especially. Using your fingers to eat anything, was uncalled for. That was what utensils were for. In disgust, I took all of them, and pushed them off to the side.

I turned to Shizuka, and fiddled with my fingers. How was I going to explain anything to him if I was so nervous? Breathe in... Breathe out.... Alright. Much better.

"Th-that's good... I'm n-not a very good liar, anyways..." I mumbled, looking down at the tablecloth. Well... So much for being calm. "The reason behind our b-behavior to eachother... Uhm... Well, There is no way an angel like me could ever go to a different district, e-even with my mother's status... However..." I paused, swallowing hard. "Since Bernkastel i-is a Victor, she was obligated to visit each district for both years... So... We did meet twice. Only for a day each, so it's not l-like we're exactly friends... She didn't do much. She just stayed in the guest room the entire time..." I explained. I wasn't lying, either. She, quite seriously, locked herself in that room. I don't think she even came out to eat. The second she was aloud to leave, she did so. I talked maybe five sentences into her within those two visits.

I pause, watching as a hand extends before me and sets my supper out on the table. I nod back at the servant, and he leaves. I turn my attention back to my food. Ah... Sandwich.... Fries... Perfect! As I scoop up a handful of fries to shove in my mouth, it occurs to me how embarrassing it would be to do that in front of Shizuka. To recover, I take the handful and set them off on the other side of the plate.

"Well, for info on Bern.... She can summon the five demon servants of Lord Ashura...." I began slowly, munching at my fries individually.

Smiling widely, I looked up at Kerin. His midnight blue eyes grazed over my golden yellow. It was so... Complicated. Just meeting me today... And now he was a personal bodyguard to me. Although it was kind of annoying that he jumped between Ryuu and myself back on the helicopter, It was sweet. Really sweet, what he was doing. He protected and cared for me, like I was his own flesh-and-blood sister. And I liked him too. He was really nice. Probably the first person to be this nice to me in.... A year? Maybe....

*Flashback*

"What are you doing?"

I stand there, watching this new girl with a garbage back inside my grip. We were at the back of the orphanage, where the huge, metal garbage bins were. It had been my turn to clean, so here I was. But why was this girl here with me? I had never seen her face before. A new face. A fresh one. At eleven years old, she looked to have come from some rich family. Why was a rich little girl, here behind the orphanage? We stared at eachother; weighing the other down with our eyes. She was slightly shorter than me, and had this narrow face. Her bright amber hair was pulled back in a ponytail, which made her seem older than she was. Her pansy-purple eyes were wide in shock.

"Y-you're one of those popular girls.... U-um. I was just throwing something out." She whimpered softly. It made me frown. She was scared of me. Well, I guess anyone who wasn't a 'pretty' would be.

I look down at what she is carrying. It was... An instrument? Not any instrument, but a violin. A beautiful violin...! Although, it looked rather worn down. The golden brown paint was chipped off horribly, and some of the strings were rusted and/or broken. Before I have time to answer, she is raising it up to put in the trash.

"W-wait!" I release the bag I had been holding, and take hold of her wrist. She looks at me in horror. As if I had just pulled a gun on her. "Wait," I say a little more softly. I coax her to release the violin into my hands. I had never touched a violin before... I had never played an instrument before, either. This girl was frozen to the spot, as I handled the musical artifact. So beautiful. I look up at her with a friendly smile.

"Can I keep it?"

Confusion furrows her eyebrows together, as she questions me. My existance. My words. Why would anyone want some broken down thing like this? I would want it, because it was pretty. She nods slowly, just to get used to me. To feel that I wasn't like the other 'pretties'. She seems to like that idea, and she ventures on into conversation. The words are curious, and it's like... Like she's tasting each one she says. She's careful how she words things. She asks me music-related questions. Had I ever played before? Was I good? Did I own an instrument? Each answer was a 'no'. She was calming down.

~~~

My mind trails off from that point, to approximately one year ago. Me and her, Asumu, up on the rooftop. We were laughing, with these huge smiles on our faces. Yes. My friend. My best friend. Asumu was the only person I could really feel comfortable talking to. A girl who didn't live at the orphanage, but somewhere nearby. She came every day to visit me. Little by little, teaching me how to play the violin. I could play sad melodies. Melodies of losing both my parents. Melodies of anger, which came from the world inside the orphanage. However, I mostly did happy, jumpy songs. Songs that made my heart flutter in freedom. A song that reeled back every time I saw Asumu. Her unwavering smile, and her smooth black violin.

She played for me. Played these beautiful songs I had never heard before. Slow, complex songs that made tears spring into my eyes. She was an amazing violinist. Almost a prodigy. Each time she picked up that black violin, I was hushed into silence. My ears knew the sound of her playing almost instantly. Her songs too, were of different emotions. I liked her happy songs the best, because she was the only one I knew who could replay those feelings so perfectly into music. I would never be able to achieve her standard. I had only ever been truely happy when I was with her. She knew of many different forms of happiness. She played songs that celebrated a later bedtime. A song if the sky was clear. A song for a birthday. A song for when she was with me.

And a song for the love of her parents.

She was playing that song to me. The song of an unbreakable bond. Her mother and father, tied with so much passion into their only daughter. The movie nights they shared on those rainy days. Those silly faces the father would make to cheer Asumu up when she was feeling down. I would never be able to replicate such a song. Because, I had never felt the warmth of a mother's carressing arms. A father's hand reaching down to pat my head. Instead, his hand was always a fist. Pushing me further and further into the realm of sorrow and abuse...

She stands up, and puts on this serious expression.

"Marisa. You can do whatever song you like. Being perfect at it doesn't matter. As long as you enjoy playing the violin. That is what counts!"

~~~

Before the tears have a chance to get into my eyes, I hop into the huge bed. Ah.... It was so soft. The flannel sheets and the fluffy pillows... I crawl underneath the layers of blankets, and urge Kerin to do the same. Knowing, that I will probably have the nightmare again tonight. That same nightmare scarred into my mind.

"Uuu... Please sleep with me, Kerin-sama...." Was I pleading? In my mind, I was. I needed him here with me. I wanted to cuddle against him. Maybe then, those horrible images would go away. Maybe then, I would be able to have a night where no tainted memories surface.

I watch him grin. Eh, so the boy lives... Good Lord. He better not be as stupid as I just saw him be, ALL the time. Yet, he was funny. Very funny, haha. (<--Sarcastic) I gape at his first sentence, showing a fake insulted look. "That's mean, Raike!" I purse my lips together, and watch him get up slightly. Oh jeez. "People who appreciate good looks! Now, are you done proving your point by dropping dead? You gave me a heartattack!" I continue on, jabbing my finger into his chest.

And for the second time today, I am annoyed beyond comprehension.

"Mammmmmmmmoooooonnnnnnnnn~!" A voice high and squeaky enters my ears, and I immediately cover them. I would know that voice anywhere. She was just as bad as Zane! What day was it today? Annoy the Hell out of Mammon day? GAWD.

I look over in irritation towards the door. She hadn't come in yet, but I can still hear her loud and clear. Locks wouldn't mean anything to her. You could have the highest-grade protection and security and she would still get in. Who was this person I was talking about? Alice. My eyes are still trained on the door, when she bursts in. A demon younger than myself. If you based her appearance off of her annoying voice and behavior, you were dead wrong. She may look young, but she's dressed like a freaking business woman! Dark, olive green eyes look at me accusingly. And, I know exactly why they are like that.

"Mammon! Did you steal one of my plushes again?!" She says automatically, hands on her hips. Her curly blonde locks of hair spill across her shoulders in perfect rings. Too perfect. And don't get me started on the description of her clothing. Again, business-like. A cuffed black shirt, with a matching tie. The skirt is black, as well, but has more of a school-girl quality to it. The huge bow on the side of her head makes her seem more childish. It's like they took a human career woman, and then mushed her into the personality of a ten year old.

"Alice, I don't have time for you today. Get lost." I growl, speaking out my irritation rather well. However, she doesn't seem to get that I'm busy, and she continues.

"Maaaaaammmmooooonnnnn! Give it ba-Oh!" She notices Raike for the first time. "Ohhhhhhhhhh~ I get it now!"

"What is there to get?! I said get lost!"

She does this cute little smile, and backs up. "I'm gonna tell Luci~!"

"Tell him what?! That you got another elephant plush? Don't bother because that thing's head will be off before you can say "N" and "O"!"

"That you got a new boyfriend, of course! I'll go now so that you can do your thing with him~!"

I gape. Why was everyone coming to the conclusion that I was with Raike for THAT reason?! Damnit! "Don't you dare! He's-"

"Nyahnyahnyah~ I can't hear you~!"

"AAAAAALLLLLIIIICCCCEEEE!"

She's quick to leave my room before I can snap her head in half. Damnit. I grab Raike by the back of his collar, and begin to drag him. An embarrassed, yet infuriated blush covers my cheeks. "We're leaving!" I open the door that Alice just hid behind, and chuck the human into the other room.

When I close the door behind me, we are no longer in the Underworld, but.... An elevator? An elevator that Raike should find suitable. Looking over at the buttons, we are currently on the lowest floor of the Human's tower.

"Go ahead, press Fausto's room." I say, gesturing to the controls.

"You'll think about it, huh?"

I don't bother raising myself off my one knee. If he attempted to hit me, I could pull his legs out from under him. This boy was just lucky I went easy on him. I could have used magic. I could have made him see horrible illusions. But, I decided I liked him. He was a fighter, and maybe... Someone who would give Bernkastel a hard time. I knew he wouldn't be able to lay a finger on her right now, but if he trained in the right things during his time here, he could, quite possibly, injury Bern.

Finally, I stand up. My neck cracking slightly. I was a little sore, but nothing that my exceptional healing couldn't handle.

"Nice fight...You're alright."

I smirk, crossing my arms over my chest. "Same to you," I pause, thinking things over in my head. Hm... "Hey. If you want, I'll teach you a magic that Bern doesn't know. A special magic, that will make Bern fight all-out against..." I offer up. I just hoped this caught his attention. I wasn't lying, because there was a certain type of magic the witch was unable to learn. A magic that was her weakness.

"Training starts in nine hours. See you." Of course, I wouldn't give him that kind of power for free. I was, after all, the Game Designer. He'd have to pay up at some point. And wheither all the contestants knew it or not, the games had already started.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Sure, okay," he nodded at her. He kicked his shoes off and looked at his own clothing for half a second again. Hoodie, jeans, rock necklaces, t-shirt, socks, cuff bracelet. He pulled off the hoodie, dumping it on the floor and rubbed his fingers together. He felt a little gross, though he didn't smell. Not the same could be said about his shirt, which had absorbed several different things; rain, sweat, Marisa's tears, mucus, saliva and probably other assorted bodily fluids. If he was alone, he would just sleep shirtless, but he doubted that was appropriate in this kind of situation. He would probably get cold anyways.

"Uh, give me a second, okay?" He picked up his hoodie and whisked himself off to the bathroom. When he got there, he turned on the sink and let it run, slowly peeling the cuff off his wrist. He thrust his hand under the tap and washed it thoroughly, splashing water up to his face every now and again. Then, he splashed some water on his shirt, scrubbing with his palm at the parts that seemed dirty. When everything was clean enough, he turned the tap off and inspected his hands. His knuckles were scarred, which wasn't unusual (the unusual thing was the lack of fresh wounds). He rubbed his hands together and moved his eyes down to his wrist, his right one specifically. He ran his fingers over it as he counted the small holes on the inside of his wrists; one, two, three four. He sighed heavily and buckled his cuff back on; his self pity could wait for another day.

Pulling his coat back on and zipping it back up, he rejoined Marisa in her bedroom. He walked to the other side of the bed and hopped in, pulling the covers over his feet. Yep, he was right, this was definitely the best bed he had ever been in. He shuffled his shoulders and got comfortable, sliding near enough to Marisa that he wasn't on the edge of the bed, but far enough that he wasn't sitting on top of her. He exhaled through his nose.

"Um," Kerin started, then closed his mouth. How did Dana and Quinn (it was so weird to think the name, but not puke in his mouth) get to sleep when they had a rough night? Warm milk was usually a good option, though Kerin knew for a fact that warm milk would not make any difference. Extra blankets were good too, but this bed was plenty warm. From his own experience... Manuel had always told Kerin stories. A singular story, actually. Hum. "Did you want me to tell you a bedtime story?"

"Mew, sure," she gave him a short nod. Kerin rubbed his eyes. It had been a while since he had heard it, but he could never forget it. How could he? It was the story of how he met his dad.

"Once, there was a sad, little boy," Kerin started, trying to mimic Manuel's tone. "This boy didn't know where he was from or who his parents were, only that he was here and alone in the world. One day, a priest found the boy. He could see the boy was sad and alone in the world but only because the priest was sad and alone in the world too. So the priest and boy went home together so that they were both no longer sad and alone in the world. Soon, the boy would call the priest 'Father' and the priest would call the boy 'Son'. The priest took in many other sons and daughters so that they too were no longer sad and alone in the world. The boy grew with his new brothers and sisters until he was no longer a little boy anymore. They laughed together, they cried together, they loved together. They called eachother 'Family'. They were home." Kerin smiled. That was where Manuel stopped and said goodnight to him. It was a pretty crappy story, but Kerin enjoyed hearing it over and over again. It was as if he was seeing his baby photos after they had been pulled out of the top cupboard. It was nostalgic and it felt good. But, that wasn't the end of the story anymore. Kerin exhaled and continued. "But the happiness would not last forever."

"One night, disaster struck the town they lived in. Two lovers attacked and fed of others who lived in the town. As the lovers grew close to the boy and his family, the boy stepped in front to protect them," Kerin coughed a little as he could see the images, clear as day in his head. It had been so long. Yet, he didn't feel uncomfortable about telling the story (the alchemy, he thought). So, he continued. "The lovers and the boy fought, but the struggle did not last. After cutting his wrist, they left the boy and his family. They left the town. Though they were gone, they left a little of themselves behind."

"The boy became sick. He turned pale, his eyes grew dark, his skin went cold and he became terribly thirsty. A thirst that could not be quenched with water. His family tried their best to help him and make him better but nothing worked. Then, the next night, the boy's thirst took over. He, like the lovers, attacked his family though nobody was there to protect them this time," Kerin stopped for a second and blinked, swallowing hard. "The boy killed his brother. When the boy realised what he had done, he left his home and promised he would never return, not until his thirst was gone for good."

"There once was a sad boy. This boy didn't know where he was from or who his parents were, only that he was here and alone in the world," Kerin's eyes shifted to his feet. Wait, that's not how stories ended. Stories always ended happily! He didn't want to give Marisa nightmares after all. "But, the boy found friends in the strangest places. He made his own family with his friends." Argh, what else? Happy end, even if it was ridiculous! "Then the boy and his friends overcame a lot of challenges and found out a way to make the boy better again. So he wasn't sick and wasn't thirsty! Then they all went home and saw the boy's real family and everyone was okay and his brother was actually alive and just fell asleep for a long time. So then they had a giant feast with lots of meat and potatoes and ice cream and toffee and everyone lived happily ever after."

Kerin looked over at Marisa, giving her a bright smile. It wasn't really a fake ending, it was what Kerin really wanted.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
Shizuka watched Amelia as she appeared stuck in thought, she was a very pretty girl especially when her mind was running away with itself. Amelia began to speak but it was not to him, a servant had appeared behind them and Amelia made her request for some food.

"A peanut butter sandwich, please. Oh, and fries."

Shizuka laughed to himself and let a smirk slip, what a strange meal for one to get - more so the mixture of the too, not the individual items. He quickly washed the face reaction away so as not to show too much emotion yet, he wanted her to feel the need to be afraid so she would just go with whichever way he lead her. Bernkastel was the key to these games now and this beautiful young woman was the key to getting to her, the simple fact that he also wished to see no harm to her helped make that decision very easy. Finally Amelia was ready and began to speak to him, his attention focused on to her every word immediately.

"Th-that's good... I'm n-not a very good liar, anyways...the reason behind our b-behavior to eachother... Uhm... Well, There is no way an angel like me could ever go to a different district, e-even with my mother's status... However..."She paused and swallowed, her nervousness was covering her face like words on a page in a book. "Since Bernkastel i-is a Victor, she was obligated to visit each district for both years... So... We did meet twice. Only for a day each, so it's not l-like we're exactly friends... She didn't do much. She just stayed in the guest room the entire time..."

Bernkastel visited all of the districts, Shizu began saying in his head, Twice. Shizuka thought back to the last two Reapings and tried to figure out when exactly she could have come.

There had to have been a commotion about it. Or is the government that corrupt and secretive that they didn't even make her presence in our district known? This demon is very unique. I need to meet her as soon as possible. Just then was when Amelia's servant had returned with her food and placed it in front of her, she quickly began picking at the fries. Just as she began munching down a couple of them she cleared her throat and spoke through a covered mouth.

"Well, for info on Bern.... She can summon the five demon servants of Lord Ashura...."

Shizuka just stared at her with a suddenly puzzled look. What the hell are the five demon servants of Lord Ashura?! Shizuka quickly recovered and acted as if merely hearing what she just stated didn't confuse and put him a little on edge.

"And those would be?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
As Ryuu slowly began standing once more, he heard Natruo speak again.

"Same to you,"

Ryuu didn't respond at that. Natruo might not have known it, but Ryuu had a big problem with allying with anyone, especially given the circumstance of the whole idea. Getting comfortable with someone just so he could kill them later wasn't something Ryuu was fond of.

"Same to you," The Game Designer said. There was a paused for a while, before he spoke again. "Hey. If you want, I'll teach you a magic that Bern doesn't know. A special magic, that will make Bern fight all-out against..."

Ryuu looked at Natruo once more, absorbing what he had just said. It was at that moment he realized the difference between them. A big one, in the eyes of Ryuu. Natruo was strong, and a good warrior. He could fight, as Ryuu could, and wasn't a pushover like the many Ryuu had fought before. But Ryuu had one thing he wasn't sure this "god" had: pride. It was prideful to use your own abilities, your own strength when entering into a contest against powerful foes. It would be considered honorable to fight and die, if need be, based on your own abilities. And although the demon was willing to do whatever he could to win, and kill, he would never accept help on a level like this. In the end, he would beat them, and he would do it with his fists, his technique, and his abilities, not the ones taught by a person who evidently looked down upon the pure race of demons.

Ryuu felt himself get angered a bit by this, but by his better judgment, refrained from any action. He had self control when he needed to have it. He just usually felt it was unnecessary to have it. In the end, he would take the advice of Natruo, and train in a longer range weapon, as was his plan before, as he had already picked one out. But he would refuse to learn petty magic abilities that weren't his own abilities. It would hurt his pride if he didn't win this with his own abilities.

There was one more thing that was evident from his exchange with Natruo. Despite all of their superior knowledge, the god seemed to not know much about Ryuu, something he planned for, and of which it succeeded. They had, as he was sure most of the other challengers had, accepted him as the unrelenting brute, a fact he would like to continue to display, all until the fights began.

Ryuu walked out of the building a little after Natruo, and proceeded to his own room. He noticed across the path was knocked down items and doors from when he was in his blood rage. He smiled a bit, as he realized he had no recollection of coming to the building, only a blank blur. As he walked back, he realized something advantageous. The contestants, and the Gods, were actually falling for Ryuu's "persona", rather perfectly in fact.

Cameras fluttered around the god's district, and displays of statistics and victors were all across, but ultimately, they didn't know much about Ryuu other than what they vaguely heard. They know he could use his fists, but they didn't know he was left handed. They know he was from a noble family perhaps, but they didn't know that he used their knowledge to his own advantage. They know that his wings are gone, but that doesn't mean that he can't "fly".

But his secret skills would be enough if he doesn't gain some strength in the long-range category of fighting. Then, he would be a complete warrior. Although the offer to get a magic that would defeat Bern was flattering, Ryuu knew he would already decline. He refused to use any abilities except his own. It was his way or no way, all the way.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 3 - Amelia Kunjui - Angel District

I pause. Not because I don't want to tell him, but because I don't know what to tell him. I knew only a few facts on them because of my Satanist classes back home. Most of the other teenagers wouldn't normally take this class, but it was protocol for me. Well, that wasn't exactly true. There were books and references inside history classes, but not anything worth-while. The servants were hidden from history. It was all 'Satan did this' or 'Satan murdered this person'. The servants were kept hidden for a reason. Because it was government related. So... What could I tell him? I watch the rest of the servants retreat into the kitchen. Now.

"The main servant is Lucifier. His manipulation is destruction, and he makes hurricanes, tornados, tsunamis... He is the most powerful of the five. Mammon controls manifestation, and she can make anything and everything with the snap of a finger. Zane is the embodiment of fear. He gives nightmares and things to be feared. Alice is the demon servant of illusion. She makes mental diseases and hallucinations. Lastly, there is Vergil. He controls wisdom, and he knows everything. Past, present, and future." I say this all at once. It was like those drills the teachers put me through, where I had five minutes to do a speech on what I had learnt. "The Demon Lord is Ashura," I add quickly, just in case he didn't know.

What else was there...? I pick at my food carefully; thinking about everything I just told him. Hopefully it wasn't some big secret or something.... Or actually, Bern never left the government building at all during her time at our district. Did that mean that the citizens didn't know of her presence? Was that because of the Gods? Maybe what she said on the helicopter was true. A rebellion. "Oh, I don't think anyone outside the government knew that Bernkastel was visiting all the districts... However, three years ago on the fifth Population Games, it was a huge deal and everyone knew when the Victors were doing their tour..." Maybe this will prove useful for him. I don't know. His mindset was really weird...

I take a few bites from my sandwich; doing the usual programmed habit of swallowing before speaking. "Not very many people know about the servants, either. And that the name of the Demon Lord is Ashura... Ashura is referred to as Satan in most cases. Government, priests, and dark magicians are the only ones with knowledge on them..." I think for a bit. Ah... Then how did Bern know of them enough to make contracts with them? Oh! I look back to the first time Bern became Victor. The reunion... "Bern's mother is an angel priestess who lived in our district. She owns that huge church beside the government building.... She was allowed to move into the Demon District when Bern became Victor. Bern was raised by her father ever since the Gods took over. Her father is a dark magician." So Bern had a bunch of different ways on learning about the Underworld demons... I suppose that made sense on her title. "Bern's a dark magician as well, obviously... The Seven Day Witch, I think. Anyways, magicians get titles based on their specialties."

Chapter 3 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

"The security is that bad, huh?"

I lower my glass down as the familiar voice calls out to me from behind. A male voice with some years growing on it. I look away from the flashing television, to the voice inside the dark room. He throws what appears to be a jacket on the side of the couch, before moving over. I know who he is, because I've met up with him exactly ten times starting now. Six with public appearances we had to make together. The other four were situated here. In secrecy.

"It's not that... It's-" He cuts me off; chuckling as his personality calls for.

"... It's because you're too good. But isn't it a bit late, Bernkastel? I know you can't help it, but you should at least try to sleep..."

"You know I can't, Venius... I've tried multiple times without much success." I toss him a glass of wine, and he catches it perfectly; not spilling a single red drop on the expensive flooring of his house. That's right. I'm no longer in the Training District. I am, quite literally, in the heart of the God's District. It was an easy trip to make. Even with all the high-tec cameras, guards, and whatnot... It was a harder challenge to get out of bed in the morning.

He sighs lightly, and looks towards the program I am watching. "The weather? Would it kill you just to watch something normal for once?" His face is censored by the darkness of this room. Because, of course, he doesn't use his fancy light fixtures. Maybe it was because they didn't hold any use for him?

"Yes, it would..." I say blankly, swinging my glass up to finish the alchohol. Venius had gotten used to it, so he doesn't comment. "In any case, may I see the script?" He hands the papers to me without a second of hesitation, and I flip through them. "....." I set them on his lap. "And the clothes?"

"Do you know how hard it is to find chunks of sapphire these days?"

"Borrow some from my house. Just remember to disable the traps. I don't need a repeat of last year's incident-"

"That flamethrower made me bald!"

"Yes, and a bald Venius is a creepy Venius. That also doesn't mean you should grow out hair everywhere..." I eye the small beard I can see from the minimal television light. He grumbles at me to 'bug off' and I surpress a smile.

"I'll shave before the big day. Don't worry... Beards are supposed to have health benefits."

"Like what? The food that gets caught in one can be used as a snack later?" I wonder if he'll take me seriously.

"Would you rather I have a mustache?"

"Just make sure it's black and curly."

We are doing this with straight faces, so when we hear someone cough on the other end of the room, I can't help but smile. Venius laughs out.

"I can't believe you two. I'm trying to plan twenty-four deaths, and you're talking about mustaches behind my back...? Bern, I now promise to make something that resembles them, and have them attack you."

"Fine... How did his test go?"

And in the darkness, I see Natruo's fist come out, to give me a thumbs down.

My mind was screaming that that was probably the worst ending ever, but... It was a story Kerin made. Probably on the spot. She looked at Kerin curiously, before smiling widely. "I wanna be that boy's friend!" Snuggling up to Kerin, I closed my eyes. Maybe with the help of his story, and him being here, the nightmares would go away. But... When the nightmares came that night, the happy boy shifted into a blur of blood.

~~~

"Give it back! Please!" Anira cried out helplessly. Her hands reached out into the sky desperately. Desprate to get back her precious item. However, the bully only held it higher. Higher. I was there, looking on. I couldn't help her, because I was being held back. Held by two people who were my 'friends'. My 'clique'. My 'pretties' clan. The rude, bullying girls who got away with harrassment. I was not them. I may have been considered pretty or cute, but I wasn't a bully. I would never do anything to hurt anyone.

"Please! My mama gave that to me!" She reached out further.

"Oh look~ The snobby rich girl's mommy gave this to her!" The girl, several years older than me, waves the case around mockingly. Anira's violin case. I knew for a fact that that violin WAS given to her by her mother. A beautiful black violin with the most astonishing sounds replicated through her work. The other two holding me back, laugh. Anira is crying now. That was the exact reaction they wanted. However, they decided to push her further over the edge. "Who needs something so worthless? It belongs in the trash!" The bully's arm extends back over the railing. Today was a very bad day to hang out on the rooftop. Dangling by two fingers, was her violin case.

"No! Music is not worthless! That violin isn't worthless!" Anira pleads.

"Oh? Then prove it!" The girl drops the case from her grip. And, the outcome of this is unstoppable. Anira, throws herself off the railing to catch the case. I pull away from the two girls in horror, and look over the edge; desperate to find my best friend. I spot her. Inside one of the huge garbage bins. She's hugging the case close to her with eyes closed. Oh God.

"Anira! Get out of there! Watch out!" I cry out. But it's too late. The words are too late. The two long pieces of metal are already folded into the slots, and the garbage bin was being lifted into the air. By a garbage truck.

"Marisa!" She screams out. But I can't help her. I can only scream at the driver to stop. He can't hear me. Blasting out of his radio, is music. He doesn't notice us, and he doesn't notice that he just dropped my best friend into the back along with garbage. The bullies are laughing and pointing, like this was some joke. But I knew what happened next. What all garbage trucks did when they finished unloading a bin.

I watch, as the walls begin to move in on either end of the truck. Anira is screaming for help. Trying to get out. She throws out her arms and manages to grab something on the top. Her violin, tightly in the grasp of her left hand. "Help me! Marisa!" She screams out more. Both of us are screaming now. Screaming desperately at eachother. But when I scream out "You'll be alright, Anira!" I don't get a reply back. Only the crushing of bones and blood shooting out.

I regret looking down once the walls retract. I regret being there at all. I regret having been friends with her. Because what I see when down there, is not my best friend. But A broken, dismembered body of some poor little girl. Limbs unrecognizable as arms or legs... A face while I don't remember. The only thing that shows that she was once there, is the violin case; unscathed and throws off of the trucks roof. As the truck drives off, I stare at the violin case in horror. It sits there on the cement. Abandoned forever by it's owner.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"I wanna be that boy's friend!" Marisa said as she snuggled into Kerin's chest, closing her eyes. Kerin held her close and sighed as he felt her slowly fall asleep. It was kind of relaxing, feeling her exhale and fall into a deep sleep. The last breath before the body went into standby. It was kind of beautiful. Kerin closed his own eyes and leant his head back against the pillow, drifting off.

"Me too."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You should probably come home soon," Quinn said to Kerin as they walked through a endlessly long corridor, lined with thousands of doors. He couldn't see much else other than Quinn and his red, messy hair, blue eyes and unmistakable freckles. Kerin nodded along. He probably should. He had been away a long time. He was home sick. He missed his family, his room, his bed, his home.

"Soon, I promise," Kerin nodded again. He peeked into the windows of each door as they passed by. Each one was filled with different things. Though Kerin only saw about 3 seconds of each room, he knew exactly what was in them. A snowy bridge, a set of swings, a church, a ravaged town, a bloody room, a dingy house, a large tower, a small doll,. He could explain them all, but knew not where to start. He looked down at his hands. They were red. Not red paint, not red lights, not red sauce, but the pigment itself had changed colour. Like he had slapped his hands together one too many times.

Shadowy figures stood at a distance in the corridor, their faces a blur. But they grew closer as, the figures were instantly recognisable, though their names eluded Kerin. But it was a witch, hunter, a doll and a courtesan. The hunter and the courtesan nodded and split off, both leaving through a door. The witch held the doll in her arms, like a baby. The doll looked fragile, with pure skin and blonde hair.

"Keep her close," the witch gave the doll to Kerin, who accepted it with a nod. Though as the witch let go of the doll, its porcelain skin broke, but behind was the skin of a person; an unconscious girl. Kerin looked at the witch. "She's fine, you can bring her back to life."

"Just don't leave her alone like you left me," Quinn nodded and took the girl's hand. She awoke and hopped out of Kerin's arms. "Bring her to visit us, I want another sister. Everyone's a lost toy." He let go of the doll and she turned back to porcelain, falling to the ground. Quinn also fell, his face now morphed into a teddy bear. Stuffing was poking out of its neck, a slash on its body and its stitching on its limbs and eyes were loose. A lost toy. Suddenly, Kerin felt his surroundings grow large, the witch towering over him as he, the teddy and the doll grew small. Kerin looked at his hands again; they were no longer red. Instead, they were dark and clawed. He felt his body grow limp and he collapsed next to the doll and the teddy.

"I need new toys too," the witch picked the toys up, studying each of them in her hands. "The doll and the teddy need a guard, so a lost soldier helps them, but the soldier forgets himself and becomes a wolf."

"Aren't you being a little drammatic, Kerin?" the bear stared at him.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu wandered around a bit in this unfamiliar place. Wondering where the hell he was supposed to go. It was times like these that he wished he would listen more, and know the damn locations. It was angering Ryuu, and quickly. He slowly began to make groans, and then they grew louder into outright screams. Finally, he ran into what he believed to be a servant. Ryuu spoke only one word to him.

"Food." He said. The person guided him to where they were holding diner.

The path there wasn't very long, but Ryuu cared not for his surrounding as he entered there. All he stared at was the servant's shoes, which would guide him to his location.

Finally, they arrived, and Ryuu walked into the room. It had a regal look about it, red and black colors across. Ryuu sat down in a chair placed there, and spoke once more, his voice filled with a sense of superiority.

"Meat. All you've got. Steaks, Veal, anything and everything." He said.

The food had arrived quicker than expected. Ryuu reached for the fork and knife next to him, but then stopped himself. If he was going to play the part of the mindless animal, it would be better if he eat like one as well. Even though the others may or may not be around, servants might talk amongst each other as well, and perhaps act as spies. Ryuu had no way of knowing for sure. He is from a noble family, and is familiar with all of the dining etiquette, but he decided against it now. Placing his utensils down, Ryuu grabbed the meat with his hands and began to eat.

"Not bad." He said out loud, enjoying the food in front of him.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
It wasn't long after Zane had left before another obstacle decided to show up. This one had a voice high enough to shatter windows, and she would have, had there been any windows in this room. She burst in, uninvited, looking no taller than a four year old, but dressed like she was the CEO of some major company. She didn't notice me, or at least acted like she didn't for the first part of her visit, claiming that Mammon had stolen some kind of plushy or something. Her blonde haired head turned to me, and her face morphed into a mischievious grin and assumptious eyes.

"Oooooooooh, I get it now..." She says still grinning and edging towards the door slowly, while Mammon stands there looking as if she wanted to impale the girl on a wall of spikes.

"What's there to get?! I already said get lost!" Says Mammon, literally shaking with anger and annoyance. The girl grinned, responding in her same playful tone, "I'm going to tell Luci." Mammon tried to make a threat, but it seemed to have no effect, as the girl disappeared beind the door without another word, leaving Mammon and I alone once more. Before I could say anything, Mammon turned to me, a embarrassed/infuriated blush on her face growling," We're leaving!"

She grabbed the collar of my jacket much to my own annoyance and began dragging me towards the door, and when she got there, opened it and threw me in. Only whatever had been behind it before was gone, and in the place was now a room I remembered as the elevator of the Human District, my own. I stood up, dusting myself on and glaring at her, before abiding by her instructions and pressing the button for Fausto's room, the first one. As I felt the elevator begin to ascend, I placed an emotionless expression on my face, attempting to prep myself for what I was about to do.

((Hurricane Irene is going to hit my area so I might be without power for some time. If I survive, I'll post when my power is back on XD.))

Back