• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Isn't the Avatar state really closely linked to your spiritual side, too? Korra's always struggled with that whereas Aang was always very close to that side. They're very different people at the core (well, okay maybe they are literally the same person at the core but you know what I mean!) and I think that has a great bearing on it. Korra mastered three whole elements with relative ease whereas Aang had to work his entire show for that and really only figured out firebending in the nick of time. Korra's only a few years older than he was, didn't have to train in a hurry, and is doing really well for herself. I don't think it's weird at all. If anything I thought she was going through everything a lot faster. :/
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
My gosh, I cannot wait until Book 2 airs. I hope it air sometime in January, just because of reasons unknown xD But what I'm actually looking forward in this Book is more flashbacks, air scooters, more avatar state shenanigans (yip yip), and spirits. Yes, lots and lots of spirits, oh and don't forget the world traveling :]

lasttfarewell

hiatus till december :<
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2014
Username: lasttfarewell
Element: fire

well i love zuko ♥ anyone with me? ^^
i'm currently watching avatar the last airbender on nickelodeon and i'm waiting for legend of korra to air c:

What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
when uncle iroh cried because zuko went over to the dark side again )':
because iroh really really treated him like his son and genuinely loved him (':
well at least zuko became good in the end ^^ iroh must be overjoyed :D

here have some sabre-tooth moose lion and turtle ducks :3 foofoocuddlypoops! <3

tumblr_m8qjrdmd2F1rdul26o1_500.gif

tumblr_m8nc71bOrh1rdul26o1_500.gif

Seivad

The Equalist
Years
Username: Seivad
Element: None i am a Non-Bending Equalist, but if i must choose than it shall be Fire.

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?

Buffalo-Deer
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat?

It has to be Fire, it is why they were winning the 100 Year War. Firebenders have the ability to create flames from your palms just with just oxygen, your own heat (or the suns) and your energy. Wilst Waterbenders and Earthbenders need thier respective elements in order to fight (although higher skilled Wtaerbender may be able to draw water from the moisture in thier surroundings), and thier are few, if not none, Airbending techniques that would be able to kill an enemy and even than could the Airbender actually do it?
How about for survival?
That is a tough one, each element could adapt to thier surroundings for thier conveniance, Airbenders could soar through the skies looking for food and water given them a good chance of survival. Waterbenders could be able to filter out any dirty water they find to make it pure and refreshing, and again higly skilled Waterbenders could be able to turn water vapour in the air and water from the plants for themselves to drink. Earthbender would struggle to find food and water but they would be able build good shelters depending where they are located and could probably become good hunters. Firebenders would also have a hardtime as they could use fire to warm themsleves, although like Earthbenders they could use thier skills to hunt and cook thier meat. Overall i would have to say Waterbenders would be able to survive the longest.
During ATLA the saddest moment for me was 'The Tales of Ba Sin Sei' during the 'Tale of Iroh' segment where he gathered things for the birthday of his dead son, and also because it was dedicated to Mako. I am still getting chills writing about this.
For ATLK the saddest moment was where Tarrlok killed himself and Noatak (Amon) on the boat. Tarrlok couldn't stand his brother for what he had done to him and that Noatak wanted to them to become brothers again like nothing ever happened. I honestly still can't believe that Nickelodeon allowed this but i am glad that it was not censored.

rpg man

My new account is Critx
Years
Username: Rpg Man
Element: Air Nomad
What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?
Appa
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat?

....Air Bending because, Even if your hands and feet are tied up, you can use your mouth!

timelessgold

Forever golden~
Years
How could I NOT join this club!? Yay.

Username: timelessgold
Element: Fire

This is going to sound extremely cliche, but whatever. This is the saddest moment in my opinion solely in LoK, so I'm not including A:TLA here. The moment when Beifong pleaded with Katara to restore Korra's bending. Not only had the avatar lost 3/4 elements, Beifong lost the only thing she had: Earth/Metalbending. She knew that if Korra's bending was restored, hers would be restored as well. The heartbreak and sadness in her eyes is just tragic.

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Username: Altomare
element: Fire

place to go...? let's see.....the library hidden in the desert. because I like to read. Let's just hope the Owl guardian there likes the Transformers comic I'm gonna give him....

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
GUYS WE CANT LET THIS DIE.
Ohh the Library seems like a cool place! Other than that I'd probably want to visit Ba Sing Se when it's normal, or one of the Air Temples when it was full of people.

Years
Where in the Avatar world would you like to be able to visit the most and why?

I'd want to visit one of the air temples before the war. It just seems so awesome! SO peaceful, and breezy with flying bisons...
I'd also want to visit the Northern Water tribe, I think it could be really interesting and cool, ;) and I'd especially want to visit the little grotto.
Other than those two, I guess I'd like to visit Omashu, and take and awesome ride in one of the mail carts. Weeeeeeeeeee!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome, all new members! Grab a chair and join in on some discussion while ye wait for new Korra episodes.

I'd like to visit the Spirit Oasis garden in the Northern Water Tribe. It's just a beautiful and peaceful area to be in (though I would have to brave through the cold first). God I miss this show. ;A;

tumblr_maclvfBajf1rwytoro2_250.gif

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

It's been a while since I last watched through it all, so I'm having a hard time recalling most of the places, but in any case, it mostly boils down Republic City. There are lots of cool and awesome looking places to be, but a lot of them have been in winter areas, or have just been in the middle of nowhere which I'd have no idea where was, and though Republic City appears to be a mess at the current time, a lot of stuff seems to happen there, and it's like where all the fun stuff is taking place. I doubt it'd be hard to find people that'd help you get better at bending whatever element you have, granted you have one, and it's basically the first place that really comes to mind.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
May I join? :3

Username: synerjee
Element: water

I would like to visit..hmm..I'm not really sure. Maybe one of the places where the water tribes live. I'm sure there'll be quite a beautiful scenery there. Or maybe an air temple; I could ride on one of those air bisons. :) I haven't watched avatar for quite a while, so my knowledge of places is quite rusty. :/

I really love this show!! I first seriously started watching it online and I couldn't stop. I think I finished all 3 books in less than 5 days. It really is one of the best shows I have ever seen!

Last edited:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
Username: Mononoke Hime
Element: Air

Shu Jing because is peaceful and inpirating for any artist, I could live there!
And the Sun Warriors' ancient city, because this would be awesome to be judged by two dragons if I am worthy. They're my favorite mythical creatures.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Username: Pinkish Purple
Element: Water
I like Zuko's uncle, Iroh and both Sokka's girlfriends Tsuki/Suki (Not sure how to spell o.O) and Yue.

Earth Nation: Omashu :) I wanna see Aang's old friend and crack a few jokes with him x)
Fire Nation: Where Aang went to school. I wanna date that girl Aang talked to!
Water Nation: Northern Water tribe. I love the place! It looks so beautiful.
Air: Eastern Air Temple. I'd LOVE to ride a Bison <333

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hey folks, sorry for the delay. Glad to see there's interest as we wait patiently for Book 2. o/

@synerjee: Welcome to the club. :D If only we could take a sightseeing tour throughout the avatar world. There's so many beautiful locations and fun animal hybrids. :3

@Mononoke Hime: Welcome! I had to look up what first city you're referring to, but I agree, it is a peaceful place surrounded by mountains and waterfalls. It would be an honor to see the dragons too.

@Pinkish Purple: Thank you kindly for joining and welcome. I think we all pretty much want a round-trip vacation, gah! I like how ATLA focuses on traveling around the world while LOK focuses mostly on just Republic City. Both concepts have their merits, but no adventure is complete without taking a buddy along.

Here's a new topic then:
If you could meet any ATLA/LOK character, who would it be and why?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I would definitely want to meet the girl herself, KORRA! She's amazing, awesome, and funny! Also, super talented. From ATLA, it'd definitely be TOPH! Who wouldn't want to hang out with the world's greatest Earthbender and the first metalbender?

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
If you could meet any ATLA/LOK character, who would it be and why?

From ATLA, though I'm a fan of water/air, the person I would like to meet was going to be Toph, because I admire her abilities. I also think that any bender should be like she is, because she feels her element and lives for her element and because of her element.

From LOK, I would like to meet Aang now that he is in the Spirit World. This dimension is one of the most intriguing topics in this cartoon, and also, because he was pretty much grown up when he died. So I would like to know about his life and all that stuff.

Back