• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Open up the Setting.ini and disable auto update check. That will fix the issue you are encountering. I believe it has to do with something at the URL its checking causing it to crash.
Thanks for that! =3
It's working again, now I can test a few things.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2012
Open up the Setting.ini and disable auto update check. That will fix the issue you are encountering. I believe it has to do with something at the URL its checking causing it to crash.

Thank you so very much, This got rid of the error, all the tut's I've been reading must of been written for 1.1.1 because none of them worked on my 1.0.0. so I hope everything works now.

again, thank you very much!

also if anyone else needs help and doesn't know how to disable the auto update, click on the settings.ini file and where it says AutoUpdateCheck=1 change it to AutoUpdateCheck=0 then save.

Jeffrey of FireRed >.<
Years
Gee thanks guys its been about a month since I started looking for a working xse version 1.1.1 and now I found a solution. Thank you !

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
So I got XSE through PGE and I looked for the settings.ini
Unfortunately I can't seem to find it or it isn't there. Thoughts?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
does anyone know why advance trainer seems to keep selfdeleting itself? for example, whenever i decide to open it, its not there anymore.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Go to the .ini file, and change AutoUpdateCheck=1, to AutoUpdateCheck=0, this is a problem that has effected all of hackmew's tools since he took down his site.

Years
I turned off automatically update in the Interface of Pokemon game editor, but I couldn't find a setting.ini file specifically. Even so, XSE still crashes when I try to open it. I'd appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2012
Yeah, I've been having a problem with the XSE script editor with the GBA Pokemon Game Editor "compilation" program, so to speak. Any chance an .ini file with default settings can be posted? I'd create my own, but I'm kinda afraid of screwing up the program.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Look Im not even sure if I able able to post in this thread still but Im gonna give it a shot. I would only like to know if you are gonna make any new tools for pokemon gba or any orthers? and I would like to know if you are gonna update any of the tool's that you have to final version's? I am only asking because I can not seem to get an answer any where for any of the gba tool's. It would be nice to know if the creators of such great tools retired. I personaly love these tools ( especialy XSE) but with out some updated versions how can we fully be able to costumize the gba games =(

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Try these settings guys. Let me know if these fix the problems. Then I'll make sure PGE downloads the ini when you install XSE.

Code:
[Options]
AlwaysOnTop=0
MinimizeToSystemTray=0
RememberSize=0
IgnoreChanges=0
LineNumbers=1
MenuBar=1
StatusBar=1
Sidebar=1
SidebarAlignment=1
ShowNotes=1
ShowRecentFiles=1
CalcMode=1
InlineHelp=1
AutoUpdateCheck=0
NoLog=0
[Format]
BackgroundColor=-2147483643
ForegroundColor=-2147483640
FontName=Courier New
FontBold=0
FontItalic=0
FontSize=9

Bisharp

Whoa.. up close and personal..!
Years
Hm, I've been looking for the link to XSE but can't seem to find it. All of your main Download sites go to some weird site that doesn't have anything for download. The mirrors are fine, but it would be great if you could upload a mirror to XSE.

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
Years
Alright, I've seen this question before here, but it didn't receive an answer, and I think I can try and be more specific.
I'm getting that DrawTile error with A-Trainer that was mentioned earlier on this page. The fact that it says: "A file is missing or invalid" leads me to think that you need more than just the application to use A-Trainer. Is this true?
If so, does anyone have a download link for A-Trainer AND its dependencies?
And if not, what am I doing wrong, and how do I get this thing working?
If there's people on here saying how great it is, clearly I'm doing something wrong. I'm running Windows 7.
Btw, all download links I've seen have only A-Trainer, so if there are additional files that are supposed to come with it, we may need a new link. Alright, thank you in advance, really hope this gets answered.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
YAAAY thanks Gamer2020 those settings finally helped me fix this XSE issue
time to dump pksv and use XSE :D
i thought it was my Windows 8 compatibility issues but it was just the settings :)

Back